• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen of the Underworld: Medusa's Secret Hideout

Favourite commander of Medusa's army?

• Twinbellows

• Dark Lord Gaul

• Hewdraw

• Pandora

• Thanatos

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
She does actually have legs and feet, it can be seen in the short "Medusa's Revenge".

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
She does actually have legs and feet, it can be seen in the short "Medusa's Revenge".
This.

Not like Sakurai can't be creative with liberties on her body.

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman
Since day one right before E3 I always believed in Medusa being in and I still believe she is.

Interesting..

I always believed Medusa was one of those ones who was kind of guaranteed because of being from that game Sakurai worked on and he really enjoyed Kid Icarus, also add that with the villain theme and did Cree do some voice acting? I would believe so, because she didnt in Smash 4.. Again I play Smash 4 and wonder where is Medusa? Shes not in the Palutena's Guidence nor the Hades Mis Guidance, so being missing from that I believe increases her chances even more because she doesnt have any dialogue in the game yet and should being a main character.

Along with Pit and Palutena, Medusa is one of the big three main characters of the entire series.. Oh and she was even mentioned along with Palutena in Pit's trophy from Melee so that solidifies her iconic status to the series as a whole and I think we will see another Kid Icarus character.. Just Pit, Palutena and Dark Pit seems a bit odd with the iconic antagonist.. Its like having Link, Zelda and Dark Link in Smash without Ganondorf.

Light vs Dark is a battle mode from Kid Icarus Uprising so it would make sense to theme the characters based off that.. Pit and Palutena are light and we already got Pit's dark counterpart, Palutena's counterpart is Medusa, the Goddess of Darkness.. Queen of the underworld.. There just so happens to be a missing spot for Palutena's dark counterpart to be added and again, this game seems to be adding some villains.
You know that Hades' Misguidance was just a fan thing, right?

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Matter of fact this is good news on the verge front. This confirms that he only knows about numbered characters, not echoes.
well he talked about Ken (who's been speculated for while since), but he never stated where the source was coming from that yet.

and honestly? he said several times he doesn't know the extent of the final base roster and everything else is purely opinionated.
but people miss this and ride on with the box theory garbage. (even seen theorists misquoting him about the mysterious S-E rep and mixing it with his opinions on the outcomes)
if any, once he gets info on another coming character, i think he will step out his neutral stance on the box theory and push it out of the way before people start attack him again over unofficially & unproven speculation. (because from what i seen publicly, he's really not good with PR as a messenger of multiple insider info. its like somebody needs to advise him before he open his mouth)

and i hope the same, maybe the discussion will be worth while until the inevitable November showing for Ultimate's release.

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
Main thing going for Medusa is they already have an Echo moveset for Palutena-- all the custom moves she had in Smash4.

InkyNeko

Smash Rookie
On the topic of Medusa's legs, here's a cute piece of fan art that shows one possible take on them. Personally I like this idea of Medusa having scaly legs and clawed feet to match with her monster-like arms, although I really don't care which direction they go as long as she's in hopefully as a playable fighter.
(Credit to Setz on Pixiv)

Also I'd like to express how excited it makes me to hear that Medusa has a plausible chance to appear in Smash as a fighter! It certainly didn't seem that way just a couple of months ago. Feel free to add me to the support list or whatever.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I like that fanart as well. Setz style is cute.

I'll start to update the support list soon, I waited way too long to do that!

Ok, I edited the Support list. As always, if I missed or botched your name, don't hesitate to tell me!

Last edited:

CaptainMapleSyrup

Smash Cadet
On the topic of Medusa's legs, here's a cute piece of fan art that shows one possible take on them. Personally I like this idea of Medusa having scaly legs and clawed feet to match with her monster-like arms, although I really don't care which direction they go as long as she's in hopefully as a playable fighter.
(Credit to Setz on Pixiv)
I really like that fan art and totally agree with that depiction of her legs and feet.

I also quite like this simpler design for her dress - it removes some excess from her shoulder, sleeve and belt ornaments without taking away too much. for Smash, get rid of the long flowing bottom of the gown, add a slit up the right side for a leg and I would be happy.
(Credit to hooksnfangs on Deviantart)

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
So any new, news of Medusa being more hinted yet?
Not that I'm aware of.. with the current drought of info I'm just kinda trying to find some distractions. So, I haven't really been following a lot lately

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Not that I'm aware of.. with the current drought of info I'm just kinda trying to find some distractions. So, I haven't really been following a lot lately
At best, we may not get a thing until November.

As hard as it is to swallow.

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
At best, we may not get a thing until November.

As hard as it is to swallow.

Yeah it is.. but at the same time I've made my peace with it. I have some other stuff to keep myself busy with so it's fine. Look at it from a bright side; whatever is left for November is likely to be a big bomb of hype. I do wonder about Medusa though.. if one direct is all we'll get then I really wonder if she'll be one of the newcomers. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

CaptainMapleSyrup

Smash Cadet
I do wonder about Medusa though.. if one direct is all we'll get then I really wonder if she'll be one of the newcomers. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.
Yeah, I'm worried. My fear is that they only wanted to release enough new villains for Ultimate to cover off the original eight starting characters that were in the first Smash game. With Ridley and K-Rool now included, all originals have an enemy:

• Mario, Yoshi - Bowser
  • Donkey Kong - K-Rool
  • Link - Ganondorf
  • Samus - Ridley / Dark Samus
  • Kirby - King Dedede / Meta Knight
  • Fox - Wolf
  • Pikachu - Mewtwo
The strongest rumor about "Spirits" adventure mode was that it would start off the same way the original game did, with the storyline revolving around the starting eight Smash characters working together to unlock the rest and facing enemies and stage bosses along the way. If this is true, it would make sense to include their adversaries and it links in with the villains cutscene they included with the K-Rool reveal.

If the above happens, I guess we could hope for future DLC? They might add in additional characters that don't interfere with Spirits mode down the line. Anyway, I might try to lay low for a while to avoid the anxiety and distract myself with other projects like a plotline for a Kid Icarus sequel...

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Yeah, I'm worried. My fear is that they only wanted to release enough new villains for Ultimate to cover off the original eight starting characters that were in the first Smash game. With Ridley and K-Rool now included, all originals have an enemy:

• Mario, Yoshi - Bowser
  • Donkey Kong - K-Rool
  • Link - Ganondorf
  • Samus - Ridley
  • Kirby - King Dedede/Meta Knight
  • Fox - Wolf
  • Pikachu - Mewtwo
The strongest rumor about "Spirits" adventure mode was that it would start off the same way the original game did, with the storyline revolving around the starting eight Smash characters working together to unlock the rest and facing enemies and stage bosses along the way. If this is true, it would make sense to include their adversaries and it links in with the villains cutscene they included with the K-Rool reveal.

If the above happens, I guess we could hope for future DLC? They might add in additional characters that don't interfere with Spirits mode down the line. Anyway, I might try to lay low for a while to avoid the anxiety and distract myself with other projects like a plotline for a Kid Icarus sequel...
Now don't forget Pit was considered for games before Brawl.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
So any new, news of Medusa being more hinted yet?
There is one rumor that claims Incineroar and Ken are false and that they were literally used intentionally to catch the ones who were leaking the information.. It claims there is a Direct this month with the new characters being a new Pokemon and Geno, and the echos are Shadow, Dixie and our girl Medusa.

• Mario, Yoshi - Bowser
  • Donkey Kong - K-Rool
  • Link - Ganondorf
  • Samus - Ridley
  • Kirby - King Dedede/Meta Knight
  • Fox - Wolf
  • Pikachu - Mewtwo

Two antagonists for Kirby? Yay, Sakurai bias! Oh btw Sakurai bias is extremely in Medusa's favor.

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
There is one rumor that claims Incineroar and Ken are false and that they were literally used intentionally to catch the ones who were leaking the information.. It claims there is a Direct this month with the new characters being a new Pokemon and Geno, and the echos are Shadow, Dixie and our girl Medusa.

Two antagonists for Kirby? Yay, Sakurai bias! Oh btw Sakurai bias is extremely in Medusa's favor.
Could you cite that leak? It's probably fake, but I'd like to read it.. it sure sounds interesting.

TeamFlareZakk

We're not giving random 4chan leaks any of our time, right?
Its worth a look to see what it says, oh and Vergeben doesnt deserve any of our time either for he has always wasted it.. Never mentioned Medusa in Smash so hes worthless.

Last edited:

Machete

Smash Ace
Its worth a look to see what it says, oh and Vergeben doesnt deserve any of our time either for he has always wasted it.. Never mentioned Medusa in Smash so hes worthless.
No.... it really isn't worth to look at any random 4chan leak. There's more than five every day, and giving any of them random credibility is absurdly pointless, especially if it's just because it has a character you're looking forward to.

Vergeben has correctly leaked things in the past and his track record with Smash Ultimate so far is pretty spotless, which is the only reason people are listening to him. He also tends to screw up in some things even in games he's otherwise spot-on, which is why I still take him with a grain of salt, but even if he is correct, he still has things he doesn't know about. Especially when it comes to first party echoes.

But yeah, if leaks were true just because it has characters you like, then I've been playing with Midna since Brawl.

TeamFlareZakk

No.... it really isn't worth to look at any random 4chan leak. There's more than five every day, and giving any of them random credibility is absurdly pointless, especially if it's just because it has a character you're looking forward to.

Vergeben has correctly leaked things in the past and his track record with Smash Ultimate so far is pretty spotless, which is the only reason people are listening to him. He also tends to screw up in some things even in games he's otherwise spot-on, which is why I still take him with a grain of salt, but even if he is correct, he still has things he doesn't know about. Especially when it comes to first party echoes.

But yeah, if leaks were true just because it has characters you like, then I've been playing with Midna since Brawl.
Nobody cares about Vergeben.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate will be all about Medusa, you'll see.

Machete

Smash Ace
Nobody cares about Vergeben.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate will be all about Medusa, you'll see.
That's demonstrably false. If anything, people care about Vergeben too much.

I don't know why you're arguing with me as if I didn't want Medusa. I just think getting hyped up over crap someone posts at 4chan is absurd. Vergeben has some accountability, a random 4chan post doesn't. Anyone can literally go there and post their fanfiction whenever they want, and in fact, it happens all the time which is why we have a million "leaks". Not one of them is any more likely just because they happen to mention your favorite character.

TeamFlareZakk

That's demonstrably false. If anything, people care about Vergeben too much.

I don't know why you're arguing with me as if I didn't want Medusa. I just think getting hyped up over crap someone posts at 4chan is absurd. Vergeben has some accountability, a random 4chan post doesn't. Anyone can literally go there and post their fanfiction whenever they want, and in fact, it happens all the time which is why we have a million "leaks". Not one of them is any more likely just because they happen to mention your favorite character.
Im not arguing, are you?

Im simply just saying that Medusa is my top priority seeing that she is indeed my most wanted character.

TeamFlareZakk

This article is saying Medusa can't be Paluntenas Echo cuz the have opposite Hands. https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018...r-smash-bros-ultimate-they-have-opposing-domi
Yes Medusa holds her staff with her left hand, but still remember echos act based of the og with different animations so it would be no problem for Medusa to echo Palutena as a lefty and it would be no problem to just simply put the staff in Medusa's left hand.. It also compliments the whole idea that she is Palu's counterpart.

Since day one I have always believed in Medusa to be in Smash Ultimate and I promise I will always keep up that support because I truly do belie she is in.

Last edited:

Scipion3

Smash Cadet
Yes Medusa holds her staff with her left hand, but still remember echos act based of the og with different animations so it would be no problem for Medusa to echo Palutena as a lefty and it would be no problem to just simply put the staff in Medusa's left hand.. It also compliments the whole idea that she is Palu's counterpart.

Since day one I have always believed in Medusa to be in Smash Ultimate and I promise I will always keep up that support because I truly do belie she is in.
Honestly seeing how Isabelle turned out, I seriously think she will be a semi-clone of Palutena if she's in.

TeamFlareZakk

Honestly seeing how Isabelle turned out, I seriously think she will be a semi-clone of Palutena if she's in.
I can totally see Medusa as a semi, it could happen.. If Sakurai feels Medusa should be a semi then she will be a semi.

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
We're not giving random 4chan leaks any of our time, right?
I just wanted to see the leak for myself for entertainment value. Believe me, I'm way past the point of having faith in a random leak because it contains my favorite character.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
This article is saying Medusa can't be Paluntenas Echo cuz the have opposite Hands. https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018...r-smash-bros-ultimate-they-have-opposing-domi
Considering that more characters have mirrored animations, like Zelda or even the Ice Climbers (making them ambidextrous!), and that BotW Link is now right-handed while Young Link stay a lefty (and I'm sure that he reuse some animations from the previous Link), I don't see why it's a problem. It's even a good thing, as it would make her stand out more as an echo, compared to something like this:
Sans titre 1.png

If she gets a unique idle pose like Dark Samus + mirrored animations then she would definitely stand out, although her look alone makes her different already.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Welp, Palutena just got her article in the Smash official blog
Interesting that they put the enphasis on her "keep away" playstyle, explosive flame indeed goes along that.

Being shown now doesn't really mean something by the way, Chrom had an article before Lucina, and Roy / Robin have no article yet. Ridley was there before Samus, ect... It's seemingly random for the most part.

Machete

Smash Ace
Interesting that they put the enphasis on her "keep away" playstyle, explosive flame indeed goes along that.

Being shown now doesn't really mean something by the way, Chrom had an article before Lucina, and Roy / Robin have no article yet. Ridley was there before Samus, ect... It's seemingly random for the most part.
And most importantly, Samus had one right before the Direcr that confirmed Dark Samus

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I do wish Palutena's reveal on the blog meant something. I suppose I'll be on watch for other sudden and potential hints for a while, especially when you mentioned the bit about Samus's entry appearing moments before Dark Samus was revealed. Whether or not it could mean Medusa or Phosphora closing in, it beats me sitting around being bored for weeks.
Partially related, but I did find it hilarious that she and Pit's entries were the "end-of-the-week" blog things respectively, at least I hope I'm right about that.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So we finally got Palutena's blog update. Doesn't seem like anything can help point to Medusa sadly. We really need to see all her alt colors to really confirm if Medusa is in or not. If her Medusa Alt is messing then Medusa is guaranteed.

Top Bottom