• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen of the Underworld: Medusa's Secret Hideout

Favourite commander of Medusa's army?

• Twinbellows

• Dark Lord Gaul

• Hewdraw

• Pandora

• Thanatos

Results are only viewable after voting.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm really only fond of Medusa outta that one, though not against Gardevoir or Shantae... add Phosphora in that and you got a deal. <3 Honestly I still think many ppl sleep on her potential. She probably won't make it at this point, but if she does, she'll definitely be my main along with Pit right there.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I will remain loyal to our queen till till we see her in Super Smash Bros, because I believe Medusa is in... Yes many have slept on her, but I believe and Im confident that she will be in.

Reasons why Medusa is in:

1. Where is she? We havent seen her yet in the game, c'mon shes one of the main Kid Icarus characters so surely we will see her.
2. Sakurai bias is on her side.
3. Villains theme and Medusa is the main iconic villain of the ENTIRE Kid Icarus series
4. Appeared in Smash 4 as a trophy
5. Mentioned in Melee in Pit's trophy along with Palutena implying that she is a main character to the series
6. Can be a echo or unique, I guess we'll have to see
7. Medusa Head is kind of already that Medusa character to fight as a stage enemy so shes pretty much deconfirmed for a stage boss.
8. Did Palutena's alt change? Its likely it did.
9. Of all the Kid Icarus dialogue, Medusa is missing hers so its a good time to add her so she can be added to the Palutena's Temple chat.
10. There has been "leaks" claiming Medusa is in, and personally I want to believe she is in

Something I want to do for Christmas is play as Medusa in Super Smash Bros Ultimate and Im looking forward to doing so, I usually disregard any leak without Medusa because I believe in Medusa, I believe she is in. #MedusaForSmashUltimate

Last edited:

Machete

Smash Ace
I will remain loyal to our queen till till we see her in Super Smash Bros, because I believe Medusa is in... Yes many have slept on her, but I believe and Im confident that she will be in.

1. Where is she? We havent seen her yet in the game, c'mon shes one of the main Kid Icarus characters so surely we will see her.
3. Villains theme and Medusa is the main iconic villain of the ENTIRE Kid Icarus series
5. Mentioned in Melee in Pit's trophy along with Palutena implying that she is a main character to the series
7. Medusa Head is kind of already that Medusa character to fight as a stage enemy so shes pretty much deconfirmed for a stage boss.
9. Of all the Kid Icarus dialogue, Medusa is missing hers so its a good time to add her so she can be added to the Palutena's Temple chat.
10. There has been "leaks" claiming Medusa is in, and personally I want to believe she is in

Something I want to do for Christmas is play as Medusa in Super Smash Bros Ultimate and Im looking forward to doing so, I usually disregard any leak without Medusa because I believe in Medusa, I believe she is in. #MedusaForSmashUltimate
I want Medusa but those aren’t reasons she is in.

1. She was nothing but a trophy in either version of Smash 4
2. Sakurai bias can only extend so much, and he’s the same dude who made her just a starting villain rather than the main one.
3. There is no villains theme.
4. That is not a reason, there’s tons of trophies.
5. Being a main character is not a reason you’re in Smash, and Pit’s Melee’s trophy is completely unrelated to the current state of Kid Icarus characters.
6. Not a reason.
7. That has nothing to do with KI’s Medusa nor her shot at being playable.
8. Why? We’ve not seen anything on the matter.
9. ??? What?
10. There’s been leaks claiming even the craziest ****, that is not a reason.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
There's actually one thing that has me worried now that it's crossed my mind.
Since the 3ST was destroyed in Uprising, perhaps that was a reason why Pit now has the Lightning Chariot as the Final Smash (well, that or the fact that they wanted Final Smashes to be quick and right to the point). Since Medusa was defeated in the end and no Hades to bring her back, it makes me worry if they're using the current KIU ending canon for the choices for the KI cast in Smash. However, surely they could still bring Medusa in as playable and if any question how she got in despite being defeated already, she could just say it's a secret.

Still, I hope she does get in the playable division somehow, and it's probably just me being a worrywart when the game's only weeks away from release time.

On another note, I'm still kinda bothered there's been no KI music featured in the blog entries yet. I mean we got like 6 weeks left, but those can pass by real fast.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

There's actually one thing that has me worried now that it's crossed my mind.
Since the 3ST was destroyed in Uprising, perhaps that was a reason why Pit now has the Lightning Chariot as the Final Smash (well, that or the fact that they wanted Final Smashes to be quick and right to the point). Since Medusa was defeated in the end and no Hades to bring her back, it makes me worry if they're using the current KIU ending canon for the choices for the KI cast in Smash. However, surely they could still bring Medusa in as playable and if any question how she got in despite being defeated already, she could just say it's a secret.

Still, I hope she does get in the playable division somehow, and it's probably just me being a worrywart when the game's only weeks away from release time.

On another note, I'm still kinda bothered there's been no KI music featured in the blog entries yet. I mean we got like 6 weeks left, but those can pass by real fast.
I go by a Super Smash Bros canon where its Sakurai himself who resurrected Medusa to fight, but is refereed to as a unknown entity in dialogue.. Whom is also responsible for resurrecting Ganondorf to fight as well.

I want Medusa but those aren’t reasons she is in.

1. She was nothing but a trophy in either version of Smash 4
2. Sakurai bias can only extend so much, and he’s the same dude who made her just a starting villain rather than the main one.
3. There is no villains theme.
4. That is not a reason, there’s tons of trophies.
5. Being a main character is not a reason you’re in Smash, and Pit’s Melee’s trophy is completely unrelated to the current state of Kid Icarus characters.
6. Not a reason.
7. That has nothing to do with KI’s Medusa nor her shot at being playable.
8. Why? We’ve not seen anything on the matter.
9. ??? What?
10. There’s been leaks claiming even the craziest ****, that is not a reason.
"Being a main character doesnt fet you in Smash" ok if we go by that logic then I want Agatio instead of Isaac from Golden Sun, but really though Hades is basically the same thing as Demise, a one hit wonder.. Maybe since Geno is coming Smithy should replace Bowser..Or maybe we should of had Tiki Tong over King K Rool.. Another villain that was doubted due to DKCR being a thing and look what happened we got the villain most iconic to the series.

Medusa is the most iconic villain to the Kid Icarus series and I believe she is in, especially since she is a female villain and Sakurai's bias being on her side pretty much guarantees her to be in because it means shes a chosen one and Sakurai himself knows she is best for business.

Scipion3

Smash Cadet

I dunno. I think it depends of Sakurai himself if he want to add a KI newcomer or not. If it's the case it will be Medusa at 99% chances. And I don't know about this.
The only "leak" I believe in wich she's in is the Cree Summer hint and yet again, it's not 100% confirmed

Machete

Smash Ace
"Being a main character doesnt fet you in Smash" ok if we go by that logic then I want Agatio instead of Isaac from Golden Sun, but really though Hades is basically the same thing as Demise, a one hit wonder.. Maybe since Geno is coming Smithy should replace Bowser..Or maybe we should of had Tiki Tong over King K Rool.. Another villain that was doubted due to DKCR being a thing and look what happened we got the villain most iconic to the series.

Medusa is the most iconic villain to the Kid Icarus series and I believe she is in, especially since she is a female villain and Sakurai's bias being on her side pretty much guarantees her to be in because it means shes a chosen one and Sakurai himself knows she is best for business.
The hell are you talking about? Being a main character isn’t enough to get into Smash, or else we’d have the main characters of every Nintendo game and that’s not the case. That does not in any way shape or form imply supporting characters get in before main ones. And as much as it pains me to say it, Medusa isn’t the main villain of Kid Icarus Uprising, Hades is.

But meh, if this is the level of discourse, I’ll just stand back from the thread until the Grinch leak is either confirmed or proven fake.

TeamFlareZakk

The hell are you talking about? Being a main character isn’t enough to get into Smash, or else we’d have the main characters of every Nintendo game and that’s not the case. That does not in any way shape or form imply supporting characters get in before main ones. And as much as it pains me to say it, Medusa isn’t the main villain of Kid Icarus Uprising, Hades is.

But meh, if this is the level of discourse, I’ll just stand back from the thread until the Grinch leak is either confirmed or proven fake.
Funny you mentioned that because I found something that might put that leak in Medusa's favor.. There seems to be another character standing behind K Rool's hand in front of ROB.. Whoever it is seems to have dark messy hair
Leak 2.png

I think it could be her.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I did some zooming in the best I could and that does give me Medusa vibes though there isn't as much snake hair than I remember, but the seeming pale face (at least what my eyes see) does have me curious. Regardless, we should not get our hopes up because of stupid mere leaks that ppl create to cause chaos. My preference is that I'd need to see absolute gameplay rather than just pictures before I believe things, or at least stuff like this. As such, we should just stay calm and dormant until we get official new footage, as in no pictures, but rather, gameplay.

I don't want to sound so um, aggressive or pessimistic, but I'm just being cautious. From what I've learned during the previous two Smash games, sometimes just being patient, passive and such is for the best to prevent stress from consuming you. Plus these dumb leaks and whatever kill hype no matter if they're real or not, and some of us should know that from the s4 times when I think Ryu was on some secret Twitch stream long ago that got terminated, and then there was a small instance of Shulk/Bowser Jr footage on I think YI prior to s4's release. Disappointing indeed.
Anyways, stay alert, and calm, and we'll get through this together. Just a few more weeks to go, maybe less if Nintendo does decide to do a direct soon.

Scipion3

Smash Cadet
Honestly I think we all need that final Direct (if it is the final one) soon. I still have my hopes with that Cree Summer "leak" for Medusa

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Mii Gunner is underneath Mewtwo.. And she has like brown hair
For the moment, yes. But really, while predicting how the banner will change is really hard, it's a no-brainer to think that the Mii Gunner will join the 2 other miis. Size, pose, it's made to be with them.

Remember that in the leak, Shadow take the place of the Brawler and Swordfighter. Miis goes above Lucas and moves Luigi & ROB, who go above Sheik (moving Sheik down in the process)

Edit: Made a quick thing showing that it's the miis. Forgot the Gunner's energy in front of the cannon, my bad. It's the white ball in front of the swordfighter on the original.
Mii2.png
Mii1.png

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

For the moment, yes. But really, while predicting how the banner will change is really hard, it's a no-brainer to think that the Mii Gunner will join the 2 other miis. Size, pose, it's made to be with them.

Remember that in the leak, Shadow take the place of the Brawler and Swordfighter. Miis goes above Lucas and moves Luigi & ROB, who go above Sheik (moving Sheik down in the process)
Looks like Medusa standing there, whoever it is has dark messy hair just like Medusa and I believe it is her.

So looking forward to playing as Medusa in this game! :D

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Looks like Medusa standing there, whoever it is has dark messy hair just like Medusa and I believe it is her.

So looking forward to playing as Medusa in this game! :D
Well, look at the picture in my edit just above.

I know, I want to see Medusa too. But let's try to see what's actually there and not there, and not delude ourselves in false hype (we already have to confirm if the leak is real, before anything).

TeamFlareZakk

Well, look at the picture in my edit just above.

I know, I want to see Medusa too. But let's try to see what's actually there and not there, and not delude ourselves in false hype (we already have to confirm if the leak is real, before anything).
For we know, the leak could indeed be a photoshop..

Indeed I want to see Medusa, so I'm going to continue that support.. Continue to cheer Medusa on till we see her revealed, then get truly hyped when she is confirmed.. Sure you can if, but I like to think positive and hope for the best.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, I stand maybe in a more rational way. I believe the leak is real (if it's fake, the guy is a genius with 10 steps ahead of the world), and being french, I do admit that it helps me seeing things about ACP PLV and such... I won't say much about it, but I have my reasons to believe it's real. So yeah, for now I think it's the final base roster.

This doesn't mean support must end, though! Right now is not the time, but DLC is a thing. And the echo concept brought Medusa a bit in the spotlight. Considering Sakurai doesn't plan DLC before the release of a game, it's a big opportunity I believe.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Well, I stand maybe in a more rational way. I believe the leak is real (if it's fake, the guy is a genius with 10 steps ahead of the world), and being french, I do admit that it helps me seeing things about ACP PLV and such... I won't say much about it, but I have my reasons to believe it's real. So yeah, for now I think it's the final base roster.

This doesn't mean support must end, though! Right now is not the time, but DLC is a thing. And the echo concept brought Medusa a bit in the spotlight. Considering Sakurai doesn't plan DLC before the release of a game, it's a big opportunity I believe.
I believe Medusa will be dlc if she's not in the base roster, maybe like Incineroar Sakurai is deciding to save her for for the dlc.

Last edited:

Scipion3

Smash Cadet
AT LAST ! There is a direct confirmed for the 1th november !
I pray for Medusa and/or Skull Kid to get in

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I kept telling people to think Bright and Cheerful (here I go with that Ochako title again (It's My Hero Academia related)) while having some patience, and here we are. Thursday is finally something official and new coming our way.

I am holding my hype however due to fearing the negativity and backlash that'll happen no matter what gets shown. Still, at least something's here this week, and for quite the long presentation.
Phosphora, Medusa, Monster Hunter... I'm still rooting for ya. :ultpit:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Remember that with the possible exception of Ken, who had a leaked photo attached, not a single Echo has been leaked yet.

Medusa may have some hope yet.

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
Remember that with the possible exception of Ken, who had a leaked photo attached, not a single Echo has been leaked yet.

Medusa may have some hope yet.
Maybe, but the banner leak is looking very real.. so assuming it's real she probably won't get in baseroster. That's if every character was on that banner.. but you know, Sakurai is Sakurai so even with this leak out Sakurai can surprise us.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
If Medusa doesn't make it base game I hope Sakurai is smart enough to realize Medusa could be an easy echo and release her as DLC. In fact I hope Sakurai makes as many echoes as possible as DLC this time to pad out releases between actual newcomers cause Smash 4 we ended up getting 7 DLC characters in the span of 2 years. I know it takes time to make these characters, Kirby copy abilities, and game balancing with a much smaller staff but maybe pick up the pace a tad by releasing echoes...

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Here are my 7 wants/most likely happenings.

Shantae, Medusa, Isaac, Ken, Incineroar, Banjo and Kazooie, and either Geno or a Retro/surprise rep. If more then 7 throw in one of those lasts, Impa, Rhythm Gal, Ms Pac Man, and Shadow

zferolie

Smash Hero
My Dream direct:

Direct starts, Upbeat music is playing, and Inkling, Wii Fit Trainer, and Daisy are dancing to the rhythm, after a little bit the music changes and they try to adapt their dancing, a voice then says Nice try, and a new dancer dancers onto screen. 'RHYTHMN GAL MOVES TO THE BEAT" we then see a short gameplay trailer for her. After wards, all 4 are dancing, and the music suddenly stops, they all look to where the music jukebox is as the camera moves over to the mysterious character Purple pony tail, shaking hips, and a familiar song starts to play, "SHANTAE DANCERS THROUGH THE DANGER" Gameplay for Shantae shows, and trailer ends with Rhythmn gal and Shantae bumping hips as the other girls clap.

Then Sakurai goes over these 2 fighters in a little bit of detail, talking about their stages as well. Then mentions 3 echos incoming: Dixie Kong, Ken, and Impa. Sakurai then starts to talk about Spirits mode, what it details(subspace like mode with story and bosses)

Afterwards Sakurai says check out this next reveal trailer. It deals with spirit mode, and we see villains/ bosses fighting the playable characters. Before Dr. Eggman can get a blow onto someone, the ground erupts and earth stops the attack. The heroes look over and see a hero above the rubble, with a yellow scarf and sword. "ISAAC UNLEASHES HIS PSYENERGY!" Gameplay trailer starts for him. After that while he is fighting he is using growth on Bowser when suddenly a torrent of magical bullets fly through the sky, hitting bowser and knocking him away. From the sky a Miko flies in slowly. "REIMU UNLESHES THE SPELL CARD!" Gameplay for her, and trailer ends with Reimu and Isaac looking at some of the defeated villains as a gap opens up in the distance, an Yukari pears through and smiles...

Sakurai talks about these 2 slightly, stages and items. He mentions here are the final 3 echo Fighters, and we may have seen some of them in the last trailer: Medusa, Shadow the Hedgehog and Ms. Pac-Man. Then he goes into the other single player modes, trophies, and Online mode. As the direct is ending Sakurai thanks everyone and hopes we will all enjoy this final reveal trailer.

Opens up with a Wrestling ring, an announcer is saying "Welcome to the main event, a 4 player free for all!" "In the red corner, KIRBY! In the blue corner, KING K ROOL!, in the Yellow Corner, LITTLE MAC! And in the green corner..... INCINEROAR!" "INCINEROAR STEALS THE SPOTLIGHT!" Gameplay trailer for him. Afterwards, Incineroar is holding up the championship belt when suddenly the lights go dark. Incineroar looks around and suddenly a spotlight shines up on the rafters, with the shadow being revealed on the mat, spikey hair, large feet, and an odd looking weapon. "Hope its not to late to jump in!" "SORA UNLOCKS THE DOOR!" Sora jumps down and we get his gameplay trailer, and the whole thing ends with Sora and Incineroar after the fight, arms one each other with big goofy smiles

TLDR: 12 more fighters, 6 unique 6 echos

Unique: Shantae, Isaac, Sora(though honestly Geno or Slime I want more, but sora is bigger and more way out there), Incineroar, Rhythm Gal, and Reimu

Echo: Medusa, Ken, Shadow, Ms Pac-Man, Impa, and Dixie

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So my dream direct in a way? Well let's just say here's a part of it. Considering the length, the big ones are in spoilers.

It features Pit and Palutena teaming up against Link and Zelda in an ongoing thunderstorm. Team Icarus gets the upperhand, but before Pit can finish off Link, a lightning bolt strikes Link first, alerting the remaining fighters. Without any time to react, Zelda is struck next. Team Icarus has a hunch on who might be behind this. That in mind, 3 lightning bolts attempt to strike Pit, but he dodges them only to see that it was a diversion, as a quick blue sphere of electricity struck Palutena from behind (a silhouette inside the ball shows a figure actually kicking her) which weakens her. With Pit generally alone, he hears electrical energy behind him, knowing who was behind this. He yells her name, with the other responding with "Yes? You called?"
"Phosphora makes a shocking entrance!"

Throughout the trailer footage, it shows Phosphora's various kicks and lightning projectiles being used, as well as her speed superiority to Sonic, and a mighty powerful down-smash which is actually her "close-ranged" dome of electricity move (occasionally happens when you're in melee range in KIU). The Final Smash features her air-battle form, surrounded with blue electricity, flying around quickly and crashing into opponents, coupled with a "Finishing blow" quote when she, well, crashed into an opponent that will get KO'd.
The ending has Phosphora flirt with Pit just once to get him to blush, before they square off into a battle stance. (screen fades)
Note that during the footage, Pit and Phosphora banter with each other, mostly of competition and Phosphora wanting to get Pit back in Round 2 (R1 was her KIU boss battle).

Sakurai discusses Phosphora's speed, and the "Battery gauge" mechanic which determines her strength, movement speed, and damage output. It has 3 stages from High to Low to Empty, where the lower it is, the weaker she gets, and Down-B is used to help recharge her. Her other unique mechanic is taking less damage from electric attacks and they contribute to helping her recharge. Unique taunt for her and unique interaction towards with the other KI characters is mentioned, including a wink towards Pit if you grab him rather than her serious face, which in turn makes Pit blush more than usual.
After discussing Phosphora, "But that's not all. Take a look" is said (or something like that), another trailer happens.
____
Surprisingly the trailer starts from where Phosphora's left off at, with her and Pit preparing to fight each other. With the thunderstorm around them still there, an intense fight happens, both trading blows. The clouds start to change colors, into dark purple of the sort which causes the two to stop fighting. A familiar sinister laugh is heard and a familiar figure appears from the background, which disappeared. Pit with his instincts charged into the clouds at the figure, only to be knocked back. Palutena, who was still conscious was afraid of what she saw, and it was indeed Medusa herself, who surprisingly is around Palutena's size now.
"Medusa petrifies the opposition!"

The gameplay shows off Medusa's various moves and some form of aggression, including blasts from her eyes, claw/nail swipes, a mighty uppercut, some staff and dark magic attacks, an attack featuring her snake hair. It also shows her petrifying a grounded opponent at close range, then attacking it. The Final Smash features her head being detached and being her cyclops form, firing laser blasts around the stage for some damage before going back to her body. At the end, Pit charges at Medusa once more, in an attempt to give off a reference to the end part of the Medusa's Revenge anime short.
During the trailer, Pit and Medusa, and occasionally Palutena exchange words, with Pit mentioning how Medusa came back when Hades was defeated, where she replies that it's a secret.

Sakurai talks about Medusa similar to Phosphora in a way, except he compares her to Palutena more, regarding where Palu is more defensive, Medusa is more offensive. The new petrify effect turns grounded foes nearby to stone (with a move), who won't be able to move, but also will take reduced damage, and you can get a free grab from doing this. Mention of her having "black hair" and a Palutena color alternate costumes is there, and it'll adjust just fine with her snake her attack(s).
____
Sometime later, another trailer happens, featuring a Charizard and Ridley go at it like monsters fighting for territory on an open field. Moments later, a Flash Bomb blinds them both. A figure appears on a hill with a weapon.
"Monster Hunter's Quest has Started!"

Sadly that's as far as I can go. Kinda tired and not as inspired to go on, and it took me hours to think of it all. Part of me thinks the two KI character trailers should be merged instead, but I just went with what my brain thought of first. Hope you like it regardless. :ultpit:

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99
There was a Medusa ( Castlevania) spirit she'd fit perfectly with our Medusa! Keep hope everyone.

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
Holy **** so many characters that seemed likely have been deconfirmed.. but our Medusa is still in the race!!!

Scipion3

Smash Cadet
Well it seems she's not here, alongside Skull Kid and pratically everyone.
Sounds like Vergerben was mostly right with Ken and Incineroar. At least we can have her as a DLC maybe….

I'm also going to main Piranha Plant, gosh I never thought it would actually work

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm a tad disappointed there were no signs of Medusa, or even Phosphora in the direct, but at least some of my worries went away. It's still suspicious they didn't she her, so my only thoughts is possible DLC. I won't wanna get my hopes up, but there's always a chance? I'm still kinda worried about where Phosphora is... not even shown as an AT. Oh well. Medusa as AT is still possible.

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
Well it seems she's not here, alongside Skull Kid and pratically everyone.
Sounds like Vergerben was mostly right with Ken and Incineroar. At least we can have her as a DLC maybe….

I'm also going to main Piranha Plant, gosh I never thought it would actually work

Skull Kid is actually confirmed as an AT (as well as Phosphora, but not Magnus).. and if spirits mean that fighters are deconfirmed then R.I.P. Dixie Kong, Geno, Shantae, etc..

Top Bottom