• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen of the Underworld: Medusa's Secret Hideout

Favourite commander of Medusa's army?

• Twinbellows

• Dark Lord Gaul

• Hewdraw

• Pandora

• Thanatos

Results are only viewable after voting.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
You know, I always wonder why they never made a generic magic-focused Mii Spellcaster with a staff or a wand. It would be such an appropriate fourth fighter type to cover all the bases and could be used to represent so many different magic characters.
I've frequently wondered about that myself... Here's my take on the idea.

Last edited:

CaptainMapleSyrup

Smash Cadet
I've frequently wondered about that myself... Here's my take on the idea.
Yes! This is how I pictured it too! Nice work. I would’ve been tempted with a broomstick ride alternative to the float for characters like Kamek, Witch or Twinrova but I guess that could just be a customised float if the Mii is equipped with a broom instead of a Gandalf staff (if we’re allowed weapon variants).

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
:ultinkling:,:ultkrool:,:ultchrom:,:ultisabelle:, Ashley, Zero, Knuckles, Black Knight, and Virtual Fighter were all Mii costumes back in Smash 4 and have all been confirmed as playable characters or Assist Trophies in Ultimate. So Viridi could have a decent shot at being DLC.
Considering "No echo" she does have a fair chance. But I'm still going for Medusa + the Underworld as a stage!

Last edited:

DreamZeroX

Smash Cadet
On the other hand, Viridi is merely an "projection" of herself, and we have the Moon AT + Stage background, as well as Chrom who is both playable and still Robin's Final Smash.
& they confirmed his Mii Costume too.

Last edited:

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
I'm a little late to the party, but here are my thoughts on the situation:

I was never a fan of the idea of making Medusa a Palutena echo, but I will agree that the fact that we aren't getting any echoes as DLC kinda hurts her chances of popping up more than it helps her.

On the other hand, being optimistic here, on the off chance Medusa does end up as a DLC character, she's going to have to be a unique newcomer, which I always felt suited the Queen of the Underworld way more. Also on a side note, speculation and predictions for her will probably feel more fun than it used to be what with a unique moveset being more likely for her now.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
So Palutena seems to still have her same alts she did last time, but again this would not deconfirm anything.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I would also choose Medusa over Viridi. I think Medusa's Palace from Uprising would make a good stage. It could be a transforming stage like Flat Zone X where different previously visited areas are depicted like in Uprising where the different bosses like Pandora appear.

TeamFlareZakk

I would also choose Medusa over Viridi. I think Medusa's Palace from Uprising would make a good stage. It could be a transforming stage like Flat Zone X where different previously visited areas are depicted like in Uprising where the different bosses like Pandora appear.
Like have the Underworld palace as a stage with Pandora, Twinbellows and Hewdra appearing as as bosses.. I think Viridi will be a dlc assist trophy, it seems Magnus got the ax and its just Phosphora now, whats up with that?

Mii costumes seem to have a good habit of becoming assist trophies so maybe we will get Medusa as a dlc character with Medusa's Palace as a stage and Viridi a dlc assist.

Scipion3

Smash Cadet
Who knows, maybe we will even have Hades as a secret boss as well. And maybe we will have a canon Hades's misguidance as well

TeamFlareZakk

Who knows, maybe we will even have Hades as a secret boss as well. And maybe we will have a canon Hades's misguidance as well
Maybe Hades is in the World of Light story as a boss.. He seems like he would something similar to Dracula, whom are like both two of the most notable evil names ever to a point where Rob Zombie has songs about them so it just makes sense they are both bosses.

For the record, Medusa has a song about her by Cradle of Filth.

Machete

Smash Ace
Sucks Medusa didn't make it in. I really wanted her, but oh well. Unique DLC newcomers is not good for her at all, in my opinion, since there are so many options that would be chosen over her in this case. I can only hope DLC echoes happen either as free updates every few months, or as cheap DLC besides the fighter pass. That is still her best shot in my opinion.

It's kinda funny how besides Mythra/Pyra and Dixie Kong, all the characters I'd want are either assist trophies or potential echoes.

TeamFlareZakk

Sucks Medusa didn't make it in. I really wanted her, but oh well. Unique DLC newcomers is not good for her at all, in my opinion, since there are so many options that would be chosen over her in this case. I can only hope DLC echoes happen either as free updates every few months, or as cheap DLC besides the fighter pass. That is still her best shot in my opinion.

It's kinda funny how besides Mythra/Pyra and Dixie Kong, all the characters I'd want are either assist trophies or potential echoes.
Stop being so negative and believe in Medusa.

There is always the Sakurai bias in favor of Medusa.. Remember the dlc would have been chosen long ago just as the others have been as well and Sakurai can have that bias in favor of his own favs such as Kid Icarus.

I believe Medusa may have been chosen when the trophies were removed.. Because she is no longer present as a trophy, where is she?

Medusa also could end up being added like how Corrin was added for a new upcoming Kid Icarus game as well.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I don't think DLC echos is out of the cards honestly, but I feel they would be only a few, maybe 5 in total over the whole DLC life cycle, and they may be added as free, same with mii costumes and stuff.

Not saying its likely but I could see it happening. Medusa, Black Shadow, Ms Pac-Man, Impa, and Ninten

TeamFlareZakk

I could see Medusa happening as dlc and you can believe that.

Well my only problem with Viridi is "what stage?" considering we do have the Reset Bomb Forest. And we should consider that she is in that stage to begin with x)
Also Viridi is missing too.. She was a Mii costume, but is still nowhere to be found.. Oh and Magnus is gone so maybe Viridi will be an assist trophy with Phosphora.

I can see Medusa's dlc being this:

Newcomer: Medusa
Stage: Underworld Medusa's Palace
Stage bosses: Twinbellows, Hewdraw and Pandora
Assist Trophies: Hades and Viridi (Hades may be also a boss, but can also appear as a assist)

Again I will ask where is Medusa being referenced in Super Smash Bros Ultimate? Nowhere, and you would think she would be somewhere referenced especially after having a generic stage enemy being named after her and being the iconic villain of the Sakurai biased Kid Icarus series. she has a very good chance of making it as a dlc newcomer, just #GiveMedusaAChance and #BelieveInMedusa

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I don't think DLC echos is out of the cards honestly, but I feel they would be only a few, maybe 5 in total over the whole DLC life cycle, and they may be added as free, same with mii costumes and stuff.

Not saying its likely but I could see it happening. Medusa, Black Shadow, Ms Pac-Man, Impa, and Ninten
Not likely but it could happen indeed.

I could see Medusa happening as dlc and you can believe that.

Also Viridi is missing too.. She was a Mii costume, but is still nowhere to be found.. Oh and Magnus is gone so maybe Viridi will be an assist trophy with Phosphora.

I can see Medusa's dlc being this:

Newcomer: Medusa
Stage: Underworld Medusa's Palace
Stage bosses: Twinbellows, Hewdraw and Pandora
Assist Trophies: Hades and Viridi (Hades may be also a boss, but can also appear as a assist)

Again I will ask where is Medusa being referenced in Super Smash Bros Ultimate? Nowhere, and you would think she would be somewhere referenced especially after having a generic stage enemy being named after her and being the iconic villain of the Sakurai biased Kid Icarus series. she has a very good chance of making it as a dlc newcomer, just #GiveMedusaAChance and #BelieveInMedusa
Viridi is still on the Reset Bomb Forest stage, and she looks better than ever. Same goes for the second part of the stage!
https://youtu.be/3Pg8Sqw2XOY?t=2042

To be honest, I find that model quality almost suspicious. I wouldn't be surprised if she is the KI DLC character, considering her popularity!
Regarding her Mii costume it's probably in the game, as we've seen Captain Falcon's costume, a previous DLC. In fact I'm expecting the majority of costumes, DLC included, to come back.

TeamFlareZakk

Not likely but it could happen indeed.

Viridi is still on the Reset Bomb Forest stage, and she looks better than ever. Same goes for the second part of the stage!
https://youtu.be/3Pg8Sqw2XOY?t=2042

To be honest, I find that model quality almost suspicious. I wouldn't be surprised if she is the KI DLC character, considering her popularity!
Regarding her Mii costume it's probably in the game, as we've seen Captain Falcon's costume, a previous DLC. In fact I'm expecting the majority of costumes, DLC included, to come back.
I wouldnt be surprised if Medusa was dlc considering her iconic status to the entire Kid Icarus franchise and popularity.. But being the iconic villain of the entire series in which she has been with the series since 1986 puts her in a league above any character from the entire KI series to be added.. Think about it, Ganon right after Link and Zelda.. So Medusa and Ganon have that in common, Medusa is next before Viridi.

Last edited:

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
So I was watching the World of Light analysis by GameXplain on Youtube, and as they were analyzing the parts of the map that were shown in the direct, I noticed something:

This appears to look like some sort of Dark Castle, and I immediatly had to think of the Underworld Castle. Of course, it could also be a Castlevania castle or a castle of a different franchise. What made think even more of the Underworld Castle is this:

That's quite a contrast; light and dark. Does that sound familiar? Light and dark? Palutena and Medusa? Hmmm..

The blue symbol in the middle of the castle has been speculated to possibly be that of a boss fight.. you have to fight a boss in order to break a crystal that protects Galeem. This is not confirmed, but it makes. If this is indeed the Underworld Castle and there is a bossfight, then Medusa or Hades could be a boss.

I do have to say that the color scheme of the castle doesn't really match that of the Underworld Castle (though it definitely gives me Underworld and Medusa/Hades vibes), and for as I can tell, the structure doesn't necessarily match? But the image is quite vague.

Also, as I was looking at the second image more, I noticed the lava to the right of the light crease, which definitely matches the Underworld..

I'm really curious to find out more about this mode; it definitely looks like a lot of fun. And if Medusa does turn out to be a boss, then I'll take it!

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Hey guys, new tweets from Sakurai came in.

So, who are the lucky contestants? We'll just have to wait and see...

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
I just saw this!! It's so exciting tbh, I can't wait to find out who they are.. imagine Medusa being one of them.. it could happen. Like you said, we're just gonna have to wait and see.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
This statement is interesting. I'll be honest: if Nintendo give a list of characters, I don't really see why Kid Icarus would be in there. But let's see how it happens!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So I was watching the World of Light analysis by GameXplain on Youtube, and as they were analyzing the parts of the map that were shown in the direct, I noticed something:

This appears to look like some sort of Dark Castle, and I immediatly had to think of the Underworld Castle. Of course, it could also be a Castlevania castle or a castle of a different franchise. What made think even more of the Underworld Castle is this:

That's quite a contrast; light and dark. Does that sound familiar? Light and dark? Palutena and Medusa? Hmmm..

The blue symbol in the middle of the castle has been speculated to possibly be that of a boss fight.. you have to fight a boss in order to break a crystal that protects Galeem. This is not confirmed, but it makes. If this is indeed the Underworld Castle and there is a bossfight, then Medusa or Hades could be a boss.

I do have to say that the color scheme of the castle doesn't really match that of the Underworld Castle (though it definitely gives me Underworld and Medusa/Hades vibes), and for as I can tell, the structure doesn't necessarily match? But the image is quite vague.

Also, as I was looking at the second image more, I noticed the lava to the right of the light crease, which definitely matches the Underworld..

I'm really curious to find out more about this mode; it definitely looks like a lot of fun. And if Medusa does turn out to be a boss, then I'll take it!
I too will also take it if Medusa is a boss, for the HD factor. I just wonder how many bosses they're cramming in this game. If Brawl had I think 10 (if we count the hands separately), and it's obvious they may be bringing some old ones (like Galleom) back, then how many new ones wil be there, and how many old ones will return? Plus it's obvious that they're likely putting features or something from each Smash game into this, well, the game I think.
Anyways, I do hope Medusa or MonHun happens as playable since Phosphora's fate is sealed.

Also I forgot there was this that was shown somewhere,
https://twitter.com/sora_sakurai/status/1059958604818657282?s=21

"Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’s DLC line-up is now complete. This time the selection was made entirely by Nintendo. I decide if we can create a fighter based on their selection, then come up with the plan."

I'm starting to get worried since the DLC are Nintendo's choices this time with Sakurai being the one to give the green light or not. Part me thinks at least one of em will pertain to marketing purposes (it better not be Fire Emblem again). While Monster Hunter may have a chance considering how it's been on Nintendo systems, I worry about Medusa since not much has been done with KI after Uprising. Whatever happens, I just hope we get something KI, which I hope will be satisfying, though I'll only accept Medusa this time since she fits best.

TeamFlareZakk

I too will also take it if Medusa is a boss, for the HD factor. I just wonder how many bosses they're cramming in this game. If Brawl had I think 10 (if we count the hands separately), and it's obvious they may be bringing some old ones (like Galleom) back, then how many new ones wil be there, and how many old ones will return? Plus it's obvious that they're likely putting features or something from each Smash game into this, well, the game I think.
Anyways, I do hope Medusa or MonHun happens as playable since Phosphora's fate is sealed.

Also I forgot there was this that was shown somewhere,
https://twitter.com/sora_sakurai/status/1059958604818657282?s=21

"Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’s DLC line-up is now complete. This time the selection was made entirely by Nintendo. I decide if we can create a fighter based on their selection, then come up with the plan."

I'm starting to get worried since the DLC are Nintendo's choices this time with Sakurai being the one to give the green light or not. Part me thinks at least one of em will pertain to marketing purposes (it better not be Fire Emblem again). While Monster Hunter may have a chance considering how it's been on Nintendo systems, I worry about Medusa since not much has been done with KI after Uprising. Whatever happens, I just hope we get something KI, which I hope will be satisfying, though I'll only accept Medusa this time since she fits best.
Hopefully one of them is Medusa indeed.. No more filthy Pokemon, for anymore Pokemon to be added are non Team Flare and you know what means.. Medusa is more than welcome to join the team however, I'll get her a uniform.

CaptainMapleSyrup

Smash Cadet
It might be worth keeping an eye on rumoured new releases for the Switch in the next couple of years. I agree that at least one (I think more) of Nintendo’s choices will likely be marketing-based so, as with the new Animal Crossing and Isabelle in Smash, they may sync the DLC announcements with releases of new titles in the future to pull in interest, viewers and shares on social media to spread word quickly.

Do we know if there is very little interest in continuing Kid Icarus as a series?

Last edited:

Scipion3

Smash Cadet
I just seen something. It seems that all of the alts of characters looking like others were replaced (Samus with Dark Samus, Peach with Daisy...) and Palutena still have her Medusa's outfit. That and the fact that Nintendo have choosed the characters instead of Sakurai lower her chances.
I still hope for her as a Dlc. I hope she'll be one of the first, wich could explain that Cree Summer leak although I don't believe it as much as before

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I just seen something. It seems that all of the alts of characters looking like others were replaced (Samus with Dark Samus, Peach with Daisy...) and Palutena still have her Medusa's outfit. That and the fact that Nintendo have choosed the characters instead of Sakurai lower her chances.
I still hope for her as a Dlc. I hope she'll be one of the first, wich could explain that Cree Summer leak although I don't believe it as much as before
Well, it makes sense that the base game try to separate characters, especially echoes. It doesn't make much sense to reference a character if he already is in the game. But remember Marth's Roy color, prior to Roy's inclusion as a DLC.

Nintendo choosing the character is the real "problem" here.

Alexandwong

Smash Rookie
What about Viridi , Palutena's viridi dress alt is gone now

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
probably gonna share the ripped Medusa model soon since a certain somebody was nice enough to share the library of files to rip 3DS model files from, yet im not doing much with it due to artist obligations

but the first thing i want to know if you guys would be interested if somebody did a Medusa mod with the model and under a specific Brawl mod like the Palutena PSAs?
because that's all i every want to do with the Medusa model (and other things...)

Scipion3

Smash Cadet
probably gonna share the ripped Medusa model soon since a certain somebody was nice enough to share the library of files to rip 3DS model files from, yet im not doing much with it due to artist obligations

but the first thing i want to know if you guys would be interested if somebody did a Medusa mod with the model and under a specific Brawl mod like the Palutena PSAs?
because that's all i every want to do with the Medusa model (and other things...)
Yeah, that would be cool

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

Even though we will move on SSBU soon, a mod of Medusa on Palutena would still be really cool for Smash WiiU!

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
okay then, i'll share it either tonight or tomorrow then
its also based on if i'm not busy then, im always busy

Top Bottom