• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quakfest 14: ITS DARK AND EFFING COLD 2-7-09 *EVENING TOURNAMENT WITH POTENTIAL BBQ!*

quak

Smash Champion
heinz and kc master piece der

get alot, alot alot

nothing ****tier than running out of ketchup

someone bring mustard

people bring hot dog buns bring 50 or so (costco runs) sells them cheap

i'll probably take around 10 bucks or so from everyone who didn't bring anything to make a last minute safeway run once i see how much of what we have [/good_idea]

sidefx

Smash Champion
ill bring matches, since im cooking

edit: also luis, you better know how to cook ribs, cause sure dont. ill probably burn the **** out of them

all i know is that you have to slow cook that **** for a while, with indirect heat

Naota21t

Smash Champion
i've cooked ribs ONCE ever.

i'll ask around and look it up.

edit: since we have a grill, i'm assuming we'll use that for the ribs. so indirect heat is kinda weird on a grill. you need like a pizza stone over the fire and THEN you put the ribs over it. it's all about how you position them. it's weird, you gotta like stand them up and stuff.

it's really odd, i've only done it once, but it was this strange grill that already had a stone and i was kinda walked through it.

so if anyone knows how to make ribs, plz help, cuz i don't wanna **** it up.

anyone bringing some rub?

sidefx

Smash Champion

edit: since we have a grill, i'm assuming we'll use that for the ribs. so indirect heat is kinda weird. it's all about how you position them. it's weird, you gotta like stand them up and stuff.

if were using charcoal, and the grill is big enough, (which i doubt) we can just position the coals on the sides and slap the ribs in the middle..

but then again thatll probably burn the **** out of it too.. lol

ill let you be incharge of ribs, ill make my back-burgers and dogs

Naota21t

Smash Champion
i asked my dad. and he said the simplest way is to just get some think aluminum foil, put the ribs on them and just splash hella bbq sauce on the ribs all over the place. then wrap it up in the foil and just dump it on the grill.

takes like 1 hour and 15 mins or so in total. so ya. i'll do it this way.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
If Socal needs housing they have until about 5pm today to contact me for it via boards/phone/AIM.

Celph

Smash Journeyman
If Socal needs housing they have until about 5pm today to contact me for it via boards/phone/AIM.
I hear you have a nice pad.

SoCal would like to take you up on your gracious offer of housing. It's 5 people now; SDR, M.Go, Tofufu, myself, and Julian

Celph

Smash Journeyman
You'll probably hate the weed smoke, too.

****en little kids.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

u guys are gay i dont wanna

go ne more

and tofu wouldnt smoke while

im around ^_^

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Oh please, you already have home court advantage. And ROFL @ "my rules" -- they're standard money match rules. What, you want counterpicks? Go for it dude, I don't care, it's Marth v Sheik LOLOL.

Talk about being a *****... I didn't know Norcal was so weak. Well, actually I did.

You do realize it goes both ways -- that if you only want to do the money match if it's recorded, that's no difference than me wanting to do it if it's not recorded. I don't mind recording vs you because you suck and I'm Sheik and I will annihilate you, so sure.

WHOAH man......

Calm down chill dude, don't get your pussie in a knot.

I didn't know how sensitive you were man.

Well anywho yeah lets do char Counter Picks and such and I'm fine with Neutrals if you are.

First match should be My Marth vs. Your Shiek and then we'll do everything else after that.

Ian

Smash Ace

edit: since we have a grill, i'm assuming we'll use that for the ribs. so indirect heat is kinda weird on a grill. you need like a pizza stone over the fire and THEN you put the ribs over it. it's all about how you position them. it's weird, you gotta like stand them up and stuff.

it's really odd, i've only done it once, but it was this strange grill that already had a stone and i was kinda walked through it.

so if anyone knows how to make ribs, plz help, cuz i don't wanna **** it up.

I know how to make ribs... too bad it was already established I couldn't cook

joeplicate

Smash Master
DWAAAAAMM

I remember my first mustache in 8th 9th grade ish

I saw my mom and she said "are you growing a mustache???"
i said NO! and then I went and took my dad's razor and scraped it off without any cream or anything

and then my upper lip was very uncomfortable for a while

edit: oh and p and you guys are you coming tonight or tomorrow

EazyP

Smash Ace
I'm still waiting for the day that my mustache grows into a perfect instant handlebars stache over night, until that happens this lip gets shaved

Naota21t

Smash Champion
if you guys want non-boring ribs (just salt and pepper) then BRING SOME ****ING BBQ SAUCE

someone bring bbq sauce, and lots of it to cook the ribs w/

Top Bottom