• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quakfest 14: ITS DARK AND EFFING COLD 2-7-09 *EVENING TOURNAMENT WITH POTENTIAL BBQ!*

quak

Smash Champion
you do realise this is a small *** venue

and i still don't know what the **** so cal is bringing food wise

Naota21t

Smash Champion
lol @ talking hella **** THEN hiding behind the law.

no wonder norcal randoms hate socal.

even though everyone i've met from socal is pretty legit. <3 socal. P's giving u guys a bad rep.

Celph

Smash Journeyman
and i still don't know what the **** so cal is bringing food wise
We'll find something. I have some potato bread hot dog buns.

EDIT:

lol @ talking hella **** THEN hiding behind the law.

no wonder norcal randoms hate socal.

even though everyone i've met from socal is pretty legit. <3 socal. P's giving u guys a bad rep.
You're trying way too hard to fit in.

sidefx

Smash Champion
i kinda feel sorry for him.. cause when ever hes faced with a dilema he changes the subject.

HOT DOG BUNS ANYONE?!

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
mannnnnnnnn. i hope all this stuff doesnt ruin the tournament. i was lookin forward for a nice and peaceful barbeque with my favorite kind of people, smashers =/.

but nvm. theres no room in tofu's car so im not going to this lolol.

dont worry ill just **** u all at the next tournament bwahahhahah.

you should all consider yourself lucky!!

Celph

Smash Journeyman
Hahahaha, a dilemma?

What dilemma would that be?

Don't you get it, dude? You're already proving my point. You're taking the internet way too seriously. There's no point in continuing a back-and-forth with you because you're just going to see things your way. Read the signature.

I'm the same troll I've always been. Matter of fact, you should actually revisit the conversation, because you're the one with the personal vendetta, the one who started spewing vindictive at the first sign of some contrived "showdown" in order to assert your masculinity.

I mean, the short-sightedness is evident. Look at your boy Germ: "I'd rather go to jail for a couple of days if it means showing how macho I am to some guy I don't even know!" Hahaha, to me it's just a good story. Can you believe someone got so mad at me talking **** over a video game that they felt compelled to resort to violence? Like I've never been punched before? Like I don't know how to take a hit? To me it's judge a badge of honor.

And that's if you actually go through with it. Imagine how awkward it would be for you. Me? I'm just another victim.

Emotions are for women.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
WOW socal

shouldnt have to

bring jack **** lol

Germ u touch P

Ill beat ur *** ..

Ive been working out looool <333

Dang no kfc whos gonna almost beat

jeff

Naota21t

Smash Champion
In Germ's cases its not really "I'd rather go to jail for a couple of days if it means showing h ow macho I am to some guy I don't even know" so much that it is "I'd rather go to jail for a couple of days because it'd be worth it to punch some annoying guy in the face."

It has nothing to do with being macho so much as it has to do with him not liking you.

I mean, it should be pretty obvious its about him not liking you. You should understand that sentiment pretty well by now.

The GERM

Smash Ace
P's awesome list

Hahahaha, a dilemma?

What dilemma would that be?

Don't you get it, dude? You're already proving my point. You're taking the internet way too seriously. There's no point in continuing a back-and-forth with you because you're just going to see things your way. Read the signature.

I'm the same troll I've always been. Matter of fact, you should actually revisit the conversation, because you're the one with the personal vendetta, the one who started spewing vindictive at the first sign of some contrived "showdown" in order to assert your masculinity.

I mean, the short-sightedness is evident. Look at your boy Germ: "I'd rather go to jail for a couple of days if it means showing how macho I am to some guy I don't even know!" Hahaha, to me it's just a good story. Can you believe someone got so mad at me talking **** over a video game that they felt compelled to resort to violence? Like I've never been punched before? Like I don't know how to take a hit? To me it's judge a badge of honor.

And that's if you actually go through with it. Imagine how awkward it would be for you. Me? I'm just another victim.

Emotions are for women.
I wouldn't really hit you over this game P, I was just joking. Unless you really got too personal, or hit me first, then it definately would be lights out. In a nutshell, I have no respect for you because:

1) You talk too much sh** with nothing to show for it
2) Most of the sh** you talk is to your fellow Californians
3) You're the exact same pu$$y in person as you are on the boards (very rare)
4) You make all of California look very very very bad by means of your personality as well as your skill level in this game.
5) Your face is busted.

Celph

Smash Journeyman
In Germ's cases its not really "I'd rather go to jail for a couple of days if it means showing h ow macho I am to some guy I don't even know" so much that it is "I'd rather go to jail for a couple of days because it'd be worth it to punch some annoying guy in the face."

It has nothing to do with being macho so much as it has to do with him not liking you.

I mean, it should be pretty obvious its about him not liking you. You should understand that sentiment pretty well by now.
If they're so quick to judge, so be it. That's life.

I've been through the booking process. I didn't find it a lot of fun. I think it'd be pretty silly to spend a couple of nights in jail because you couldn't control your emotions. If I'm on the receiving end of that aggression, I have no qualms.

EDIT:

Hey Germ, I don't care about trying to change your opinion of me, in either life or in smash. Let's just money match, yeah? You still want to do those Sheik dittos for $10?

I'll money match my Sheik versus your anything. I'll money match my Marth versus your anything -- except Link. You can name the price, but $5 minimum.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
WOW socal

shouldnt have to

bring jack **** lol

Germ u touch P

Ill beat ur *** ..

Ive been working out looool <333

Dang no kfc whos gonna almost beat

jeff
hey! not funny! that hurts!

*crys in corner*

and MANGO U GOT LUCKY WHEN U 3 STOCKED ME TWICE AT WCSL. you only won because i wasnt using my controller, i was tired, hungry, intimidated, sleepy, distracted, my phone was ringing during the match, our matches werent fox dittos, ur mango, ur 2 good, and i wasnt trying =] but ill get u next time =]

MaNg0

Smash Hero
i like ur attitude

kiddo

keep it up

*punches chin*

*** U GERM

<333333333333333

Naota21t

Smash Champion
hey! not funny! that hurts!

*crys in corner*

and MANGO U GOT LUCKY WHEN U 3 STOCKED ME TWICE AT WCSL. you only won because i wasnt using my controller, i was tired, hungry, intimidated, sleepy, distracted, my phone was ringing during the match, our matches werent fox dittos, ur mango, ur 2 good, and i wasnt trying =] but ill get u next time =]
especially intimidated.

lotta ppl told me they haven't see ever play as bad as he did when he played mango.

i think its the same problem w/ zhu as well.

pink shinobi and jeff do alright against mango, but zhu freaks out cuz "it's mango"

Bob Money

Smash Ace
WTF Boback, I say I'm coming and you drip me fn wet in hype juice.

In no way am I alot better, but thanks :).

I'll be looking foward to seeing some old friends and getting my *** kicked by asian falco player number 74, Smelly White Shiek player number 219 and people I've never heard of before.

But...I'll still **** Mango's **** harder than a fat man out of prison ;)
jk.

The GERM

Smash Ace
If they're so quick to judge, so be it. That's life.

I've been through the booking process. I didn't find it a lot of fun. I think it'd be pretty silly to spend a couple of nights in jail because you couldn't control your emotions. If I'm on the receiving end of that aggression, I have no qualms.

EDIT:

Hey Germ, I don't care about trying to change your opinion of me, in either life or in smash. Let's just money match, yeah? You still want to do those Sheik dittos for $10?

I'll money match my Sheik versus your anything. I'll money match my Marth versus your anything -- except Link. You can name the price, but $5 minimum.
Well I just got laid off ealier last month, so I'm currently just trying to find money to magically get there and enter. If I can find any money to mm with, you'll be the first to know. I'll play my Link vs your anything, why not your Marth? and Shiek ditto is fine too.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

at leons house

we fed there *****

AND gave them a big screen

to watch that amazing game on

Celph

Smash Journeyman
Well I just got laid off ealier last month, so I'm currently just trying to find money to magically get there and enter. If I can find any money to mm with, you'll be the first to know. I'll play my Link vs your anything, why not your Marth? and Shiek ditto is fine too.
Methinks Boback might be a pal and let you borrow what he wins from me. Amirite?

Because I hear Link vs Marth is pretty even, I have no experience with it, and I would never go Marth v a Link anyway when that's what my Sheik is for.

sidefx

Smash Champion
nice story p

for someone who doesnt like to argue back and forth you sure dont give up do you.

youre seriously the most pathetic person ive met in a long time. and its even worse since you try and put on your happy face in public, and your internet persona tends to disappear. why is that? dont have a monitor to hide behind? do you need a keyboard to type it out to me? maybe i should give you my cell number so when you do see me in person, you can text me you want to say to me. how does that sound?
then you can pretend the magical world of reality is gone again so you can live in your internet world where nothing is what it seems and what you say has no repercussions.

now for the sake of having fun at this tourny (which is pretty hard seeing how p is coming) ill try and not start any **** at this place. i wont guarantee that since its up to p to decide whether or not he wants to test my patience.

btw im spitting in every ****ing burger/hot dog you request p.

im not cooking **** for you.

but ill mm you 10 bucks vs your marth, since youre too ***** to mm with your sheik.

WTF Boback, I say I'm coming and you drip me fn wet in hype juice.

In no way am I alot better, but thanks .

I'll be looking foward to seeing some old friends and getting my *** kicked by asian falco player number 74, Smelly White Shiek player number 219 and people I've never heard of before.

But...I'll still **** Mango's **** harder than a fat man out of prison
jk.
bobby i ****ing love you

quak

Smash Champion
@ mango:

cool

im figuring that if everyone brings something, we won't run out of food

if you fed people before, you know how fast alot of food goes with smashers

mainly the reason why it's not held at my house anymore

yeah, im still pissed about my ****in chicken

Naota21t

Smash Champion
isn't shroomed bringing like 60 hotdogs or something ridiculous like that?

if so, imma give shroomed SOOOO many high fives when i see him.

Celph

Smash Journeyman
for someone who doesnt like to argue back and forth you sure dont give up do you.
What can I say, you complete me.

and its even worse since you try and put on your happy face in public
I'm glad someone appreciates my acting. I did do improv when I was a pre-teen...

and your internet persona tends to disappear.
It couldn't be that you're just wrong, could it? Naaaah.

why is that? dont have a monitor to hide behind? do you need a keyboard to type it out to me? maybe i should give you my cell number so when you do see me in person, you can text me you want to say to me. how does that sound?
then you can pretend the magical world of reality is gone again so you can live in your internet world where nothing is what it seems and what you say has no repercussions.
I think you might be too old for the internet.

now for the sake of having fun at this tourny (which is pretty hard seeing how p is coming)
You're actually making me feel guilty. No joke, I feel pretty bad if I really infuriate you that much.

Almost.

ill try and not start any **** at this place. i wont guarantee that since its up to p to decide whether or not he wants to test my patience.
What, will you rip up the money instead of handing it over to me? Oh, actually, that's a good idea -- I'll make sure to have a third party hold our money so you don't do such a thing.

btw im spitting in every ****ing burger/hot dog you request p.
So it goes from:

ill try and not start any **** at this place.
to

im spitting in every ****ing burger/hot dog you request p.
You're such a big man! I wouldn't want to mess with you!

but ill mm you 10 bucks vs your marth, since youre too ***** to mm with your sheik.
Yep, I'm just a big blubbering *****. Whatever gets you to sleep at night.

You can't purchase this kind of drama anywhere, kids.

pockyD

Smash Legend
does this open at 3 or start at 3?
ahhhh quak can you answer this?

anyways, the point is we won't magically have more food if we don't "charge" socal; it's waaay too hard to get everyone who's already bringing something to now decide to bring twice as much to cover the people who won't be bringing anything

if TGL was coming, i'd bring food on his behalf though :)

quak

Smash Champion
hey, if all this **** is serious, i have enough on my ****ing plate to deal with without all this lame **** talking, reality show drama bull****.

It could be considered unfair, but it's alot easier to not let one person attend than all of norcal.

take it down a notch P

quak

Smash Champion
ahhhh quak can you answer this?
people can start coming at 3 / doors open at 3

i'll start teams when the vast majority of people are there, most likely when the tv's outside become visible, ie: if it's overcast but not raining, could be right away

keep in mind 2 things

one, until it gets dark, it'll be hard to play outside, and the most setups in can fit inside where it's allowed is 4

be prepared to stay late if you are good, and enter singles

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
EDIT: you already answered. what time are you getting there. i might have to take bart so i could just help you setup or something

quak

Smash Champion
set ups not a problem, i gots people

rides from bart are

and the ratio of hot dogs/ patties : buns will be too im sure

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
i know dajuan is giving me a ride from bart. i do get the feeling theres gonna be some sort of triple bun to dog ratio

Top Bottom