• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [QLD] Tournament & General Thread: Next Event - UQ Smash 15 - 19/12/15

Remastered

Smash Lord
Brawl Singles
1: Jesmo - MK
2: Jaice - Zelda, Peach, GnW, Olimar
3: ****ashi - MK, IC's
4: Archaze - King DeDeDe, Luigi, Fox, Link
5: Blade - Kirby
5: Niggersby senpai EX - Random
7: Petch - Petch
7: Tiahn - Pikachu
9: Emery - Lucario
9: Cats - Jigglypuff
9: Fuzzy - Shiek
9: JinDrak - Luigi
13: Sanderson - Ike
13: Andu - Lucas
13: Marcus - Sonic, Diddy
13: Scrail - Marth,
17: Yuta - Random
17: Dogtime - Falco
17: Yoshua - Samus
17: Jordan - Pikachu, Diddy
17: Yots - Peach
23: Ethan - Toon Link

Brawl Doubles
1: JaM (Jaice & Matt) Peach, Olimar & Luigi, Fox
2: Free Drink (Emery & Jesmo) Snake, Lucario & MK
3: Bipolar (Aero & Blade) Zelda & Kirby
4: Harry Feeds Cats (Brendan & Cats)
5: I Brought Pants (Jordan & Tiahn)
5: Band of Brothers (Lvl 9 Weegee & ****ashi)
7: CPU Marth (Scrail & Fuzzy)
7: Anime Weed Lords 420 (Adrian & Cameron)
9: Randoms (Andrew & Josh)

Awesome tournament. So happy to see QLD thriving. Great bunch of new talent coming through. Having a designated TO upstairs and downstairs is the best way to run these moving forward. We had multiple players in both brackets and it ran seamlessly, with me only having to chase 1 or 2 people to play games. Mad props to the Birds. Makes my life much easier when Melee is in super capable hands.

I'm really liking the progression of both Brawl and Melee coming together as a mutual Smash community. Civility between camps is great, and respect is being shown for both games regardless of player preference. It's a great time to be a part of the Smash family up here.

ON TO PLAY WAREHOUSE 6!!!

Last edited:

smopup

Smash Journeyman
The amateur bracket is so good. It seems like there's no reason to not have it. This probably the biggest PW we've had and everything still managed to run smoothly with doubles, pools and the two brackets. It also manages to bring some hype which is a nice little bonus.

Shoutouts to all the new people that came to the event! Next time you should all come out to a post-tourney dinner so we can hang.

Thanks to Jay Bee and Matt for doing a great job running the event.

Special thanks to Zac for missing chain grabs on FD.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Brawl Singles

Brawl Doubles
1: JaM (Jaice & Matt) Peach, Olimar & Luigi, Fox
2: Free Drink (Emery & Jesmo) Snake, Lucario & MK
3: Bipolar (Aero & Blade) Zelda & Kirby
4: Harry Feeds Cats (Brendan & Cats)
5: I Brought Pants (Jordan & Tiahn)
5: Band of Brothers (Lvl 9 Weegee & ****ashi)
7: CPU Marth (Scrail & Fuzzy)
7: Anime Weed Lords 420 (Adrian & Cameron)
9: Randoms (Andrew & Josh)

Awesome tournament. So happy to see QLD thriving. Great bunch of new talent coming through. Having a designated TO upstairs and downstairs is the best way to run these moving forward. We had multiple players in both brackets and it ran seamlessly, with me only having to chase 1 or 2 people to play games. Mad props to the Birds. Makes my life much easier when Melee is in super capable hands.

I'm really liking the progression of both Brawl and Melee coming together as a mutual Smash community. Civility between camps is great, and respect is being shown for both games regardless of player preference. It's a great time to be a part of the Smash family up here.

ON TO PLAY WAREHOUSE 6!!!
Here, here.

Also, loving the team names there.

Wish I could have come before 4pm...
The day I had booked off nearly a month in advance...SIGH.

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Yeah great tourney guys, very enjoyable, I was pretty stuffed from pulling my groin on Friday ..... Also while playing soccer.
Oh and cheers to radiance for teaching me that advanced tech, also the smash stuff.

So we are planning another Kong Off over the next 3 weekends before Dr Birds leaves so he can defend his title, definite DK doubles and normal singles, it will be held at anyone's place that are willing to host it (most like Jackson's place) but we'll host it again if need be, so yeah get hype

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
For those who aren't in tune with social media, I am pleased to announce that JBM6 will be taking place this Saturday night (9/8/2014). There'll be a tournament (most likely RR, to be determined) and friendlies played late into the night.

Jackson has been gracious enough to have us all crammed into his apartment once again, and has decided that that the money raised from the $5 entry fee will go towards getting Jimbo (a new Luigi main from the Gold Coast) to Shadowloo Showdown.

Contact me if you need more info!

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Good on ya Jackson, way to step up, the $5 entry thing is a bit weird but whatevs, we should of charged entry for the kong off, would of paid for the BBQ and beers, speaking of which, we are considering having Kong Off 2 next Friday/Saturday if doyles want it enough, big old send off for Lord Birds, new and old prizes and all that crap but again we'll gauge people's opinions at JBM6 and on the boards, plus on which day to host it

I demand you let my people go go

Blue2ez

Smash Cadet
Is there anyone from QLD who's flying to shadowloo that would be keen to team with me?

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
For those who aren't in tune with social media, I am pleased to announce that JBM6 will be taking place this Saturday night (9/8/2014). There'll be a tournament (most likely RR, to be determined) and friendlies played late into the night.

Jackson has been gracious enough to have us all crammed into his apartment once again, and has decided that that the money raised from the $5 entry fee will go towards getting Jimbo (a new Luigi main from the Gold Coast) to Shadowloo Showdown.

Contact me if you need more info!
Doubles right?

Also whats the starting time?

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Straight doubles, also blue, your DK avatar is simultaneously terrifying and awesome at the same time
I love the song that is from.
There is like a 10 minute clip on my youtube DK playlist with that as the first song.
I believe it is the first vid.

Social Media and Singles are OK I guess...
IF YOU'RE A BABY!

Russ The Love Muss

I just want to love you
NNID
RussellTLM
5 PM is when it's all good to start showing up! If you and @ Dino63 Dino63 could bring a couple of CRTs it would be most appreciated also, think we're only good for about 6 setups so far...
I have a a GameCube, a Wii, and 1 Melee disc, but you seem to be in need of CRTs more than consoles. If you need any more consoles though say so before like 4pm tomorrow, cause I don't want to have to carry them around with me if they aren't needed.

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
Thanks to everyone who came out to JBM6 last night! Here are the results:

JBM6 - Doubles
1: Blip Blap Click Clack (SmoPup and Jbirds)
2: Gotenks (Mytus and Phrase)
3: Hot **** (Bob and Dino)
4: The Peach Power (Radiance and Nonco)
5: Bair and Fairee (Im The Mark and Ryan)
5: Dutch Link (JediLink and Dutch)
7: Westballz (Jimbo and Party)
7: Blue The Love Mussel (Blue and Russel)
9: Jalapeno Handjob (DogTime and Tranq)
9: Bull**** (Bollywood and Lord Oxmoose)
9: TBass and Sam (Tyler and Sam)
9. Mondo Cool Stallion (Vincent and Reginald)
JBM6 - Singles
1: SmoPup :falconmelee::foxmelee:
2: Midnight Stallion :falconmelee:
3: Mondo Cool :marthmelee::falconmelee:
4: Radiance:marthmelee::peachmelee:
5: Mytus :sheikmelee:
5: Phrase :marthmelee:
7: Nonco :peachmelee:
7: Tranq :yoshimelee:
9: Dutch :falconmelee:
9: G$ez :marthmelee:
9: Party :falcomelee:
9: Jimbo :luigimelee:
13: DogTime :falconmelee:
13: DJ Cat :ganondorfmelee::falconmelee:
13: Ryan :falcomelee:
13: Dino :luigimelee::yoshimelee:
17: Im the Mark :peachmelee:
17: Lord Oxmoose :jigglypuffmelee:
17: JediLink :sheikmelee::marthmelee:
17: Tweedledee :falcomelee:
17: Russell :falcomelee:
25: Blue :falconmelee:
25: Bollywood :sheikmelee:

Last edited:

TBass

Smash Rookie
was good to meet you guys, spewing i had to leave early and didnt get a chance to play many people!
i'm over in woolloongabba and would be keen for friendlies or join in for future tourneys :)
cheers, it was fun!

Midnight Stallion

Banned via Warnings
Thanks for holding this event guys, i had a blast!
Looking forward to getting more involved in the community and playing everyone!
Peace out.

Last edited:

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
Pretty pumped I took a set off Aaron in tourny, feel like I made strides with my mindset issues.

Well played everyone, QLD rollin deeeeeep

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Ladies, Gentlemens and massive wizards ............ Kong Off 2
Friday 15th of August at 7:30pm, at Bob and Dino's place (pm practically anyone in Qld for the address)
Usual stuff to occur, BBQ, BYOB, and the same prizes for winning doubles and singles with the winners of doubles winning a Donkey Schlong (trust me, you want it)

Great meat last night .... Also at Jackson's place, so many old and new faces I love it, Hot J!zz all the way ......... Also the doubles team

Sloth

Smash Ace
Ooo Kong Off, I missed it last time. Will see if I can make it. I'll let you guys know towards end of the week. As I may be doing my anniversary dinner that night

I live around Woolloongabba/Highgatehill/West End area so I'm up for friendlies now and then. I work Mon-Fri usual business hours so weekends are good if you want to practice sometime TBass!

Also anyone got any Wednesday plans as it's a public holiday?

Last edited:

dogtime

Smash Rookie
Had a great time at the meet, was fun to meet everyone. I'll definitely stick around.

What's the address?

Also, how do I go about getting an invite to the netplay group/thing?

Top Bottom