• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] SummerSmash 2012 - February 18th - Over $1,500 in cash and prizes to be won!

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.D

Smash Master
Ah ok, no worries. Turns out I am driving down Zac so if u could sms me your address 0411752966 or PM or post or whatever I'll just turn up on your doorstep <3 And yes to teaming sorry to ted.

Mozza

Smash Cadet
@Mozza: I might be interested, also are you willing to trade and have a match or something?
I don't play anymore so I won't trade (sorry). I'll play a few games though, I lack some of the important new cards however, like Tour Guide, or anything else related to XYZ monsters. I stopped right before those things came out.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Signup for doubles is 9 am, as it says in the OP. Don't understand why everyone is jumping up and down.

I will run pools for brawl singles while doubles is running, so if you aren't there by 9:30am, I may not be able to get you into the tournament, SO BE THERE ON TIME.

I have said all of this before about 3 times, and the OP has everything it needs in it, so maybe just check that out :)

@Jbirds: If we still have a few games to play out after the close of venue, Vyse has offered to finish any remaining games there. Not much we can do given lansmash pretty much screwed us over hard. We did our best to get a nearby venue at a good price and for the whole day.

Edit: I have re-written the OP to make it easier for people to read, seeing as this seems to be an issue.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I'm unsure as to how dean, khoa and I were getting picked up from the airport...

Was it you Zac who volunteered to pick us up?

If not, who wants to pick us up today at 2pm?

Msg me 0432 043 681

Remastered

Smash Lord
We have to run pools, otherwise its going to be a 40+ bracket. The bracket will be top 24, and we have the venue until 11pm so with a 24man bracket, there will be time to get the bracket out of the way. The latest singles will start after pools is 1pm.

@Blade: I literally answered your question in the post directly before yours.

BE THERE AT 9AM OR EARLIER.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
There was a crash on the freeway, and it 30 minutes longer to get to the airport than it should have.

That and tiger are *******s.

We're stuck in Melbourne until tomorrow, but we'll still get there; sleeping at an airport isn't ideal preparation, though.

Sad.

:phone:

Remastered

Smash Lord
Just to add insult to injury, Gametraders has pulled out of sponsoring this tournament. Basically they told me that they didn't make what they intended at lansmash, the date change means they aren't at the event and don't intend to make a profit out of our tournament through advertising, so will no longer put gift cards in.

They have been so kind as to call me NOW and inform me of this. Also, they explained that JB from Lansmash was supposed to contact them about it all but didn't, after my emails telling him to do so. I will get more information regarding the break in the chain before I accuse anyone, however I was promised the gift cards and Gametraders didn't deliver on this promise. You can't imagine my anger at this, and I apologise wholeheartedly for loss of the sponsership.

To balance this out however, Vyse has offered to supply what ever is required to make up the venue fee after everyone pays $15 rather than the original $20.

I am also going to put $50 into the singles pot to be split the same as the entry fee for first, second and third.

See you all tomorrow for the tourney :)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
They are drawing at straws imo. There was no reason for JB to contact them in the first place since matt is the organiser and it's moot anyway because they came to the event and had their stand there.

They didn't make money, so they aren't sponsoring us. Seems fair I guess. They could have just lowered the sponsorship amount instead, but they withdrew completely.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
If anybody is having trouble finding the venue, call me.

I'll try to check my messages frequently tomorrow morning, so private message me your number if you need help.

Edit: the cards were worth a fair bit. We were going to take them and fuel more money into the pot directly.

Remastered

Smash Lord
@ Vyse: The issue they have with JB was because Gametraders set up a stall at the venue for lansmash on the proviso that they woul sponser an event. Because Gametraders themselves can't ask head office for sponsership into an event, they needed to hear from the organiser of Lansmash (ie to tie down a deal with the sales booth) Because JB gave the go ahead with the booth but didn't contact head office regarding the gift cards, we didn't recieve the sponsership, hence the above excuses were given.

Either way I'm pretty pissed with GT's after getting a verbal promise that the gift cards were going to be given to us for the event regardless.

@ Syke: Melee didn't care about gift cards, brawl does, and so do I, given I worked on tieing it down for the previous event too. Hoping that this would be a regular thing.

Hughalicous

Smash Apprentice
Theres a church group squattig in our venue, and we can't do anything about it, so tournament is at anthony's. If you can't find it call anthony or someone with his number.
Council has confirmed that we are in the right and the church group in the wrong.

Hughalicous

Smash Apprentice
Update. Singles today at the venue at 12, doubles tmr at anthos at dunno what time
Edit: the church group is vacating at 12, so be there at 12 to help set up.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
So devod I had to leave early. Was super awesome getting to play heaps of friendlies though. Especially with the Vic guys. Wish you all lived up here. Maybe I'll work in Vic one day.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
did the tourney go ahead or is adept still on the phone to gametraders chasing $20 gift cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom