• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| QLD SummerSmash 09 | Brawl Finals Vids |

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I AM STILL LOOKING FOR POSSIBLE HOSTS FOR INTER STATERS!
Please confirm or deny whether you could host someone.
QLDers MUST NOT POST UNTIL YOU CONFIRM/DENY!!!!

On the lansmash forums, after I made an enquiry about possible places to stay near the venue, a new thread was started and I got the following suggestions.

http://www.lansmash.com/forum/accomodation-near-qsac-lansmash#comment-71341

This one is a short walk to the stadium
Comfort Inn & Suites Robertson Gardens
281 Kessels Rd.
Robertson, Queensland, Australia 4109
http://www.choicehotels.com.au/hotels/hotel?hotel=AU242

This place is next to Garden City and is a 3km taxi ride to QSAC.
http://www.travelodge.com.au/locations/features.aspx?hid=770
18 MacGregor Street (Cnr Logan Road) Upper Mount Gravatt Brisbane QLD 4122
r: 1300 886 886
p: +61 7 3347 7400

e: tgcy@travelodge.com.au
f: +61 7 3347 7500

This one is across the road from Garden City - also about 3km to Taxi or walk
Garden City Motor Inn
Upper Mount Gravatt, Brisbane, Queensland
Telephone: (617) 3343 3655 Fax: (617) 3343 7237
http://www.gardencitymotorinn.com.au/index.htm

This one also appears to be next to Garden City.

Mt Gravatt Motel
1750 Logan Rd
Mt Gravatt
QLD, 4122
Australia
http://www.yellowpages.com.au/onlin...=11f0fed3596|776f8b8dde5364abf9b6b9bf2e595cc6

Eeech. After checking those out, they are reeeeally expensive.
I know Dedu is looking at hostels in the event we can't get anyone to host.

tedeth

Smash Master
Come one everyone surely someone can host me and tcranter. I'm too poor to afford a hotel, the trip's already gonna cost like $250-$300. Surely there's someone reading this that can house 2 people.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
*sigh*

Okay fellas. The housing situation is pretty critical right now.
As far as I know, DJ has agreed to host Gords, Shaya, Meteor Master and Luke_Atyeo

Dedu is supposed to be housed by King Kong (Josh)

And Tcranter + Tedeth are out in the wilderness...

I will keep on asking people for you guys, but I can make absolutely no guarantee at this point. I'm really sorry. If I had it my way, I'd host everyone in my own house regardless of how small it was, no sweat. The (embarrassing) reality is, is that a majority of the QLD smash scene are still living at home and lack the capcity to host people. I too am in the same predicament.

I am unable to provide you two guys with accomodation at this time, and I'm really sorry that this is the case. The only cheap alternative I can offer are hostels in the city for around $30 a night.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I'm being housed by Bryce but I would like to spend a few nights in the Gold Coast so can you give me any details on hostels there please? :)

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Quack.

I reckon I should cap the limit of people that can stay at 4 people for now, unless things get desperate.
To discuss later (tomorrow preferably) more.
Thing is though.
Me + Dino + 4 NSW Smashers and a car that has 5 seats = mmm :ohwell:
Might be better as 3 unless....
Will overanalyse later!!! :)

@people staying with me.
Hope yas like playing weird/random sports and stuff.
Level up ya stamina, bowling, kicking, fielding and batting in that order. :laugh:
Also, I propose Wet N Wild/White Water World OR Dreamworld depending on energy levels/weather.
Cause we can't go to Wet n Wild if its raining. We'll get wet. :(

OOh Yeah!
I smeell a good QLD vs All-star Crew battle.....

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
Just confirming that I'm coming too :)

Also, in our quest for somewhere to stay we compliled this info. Thought it might be useful to anyone still needing accommodation.

Garden City - BOOKED OUT (1 single room left)
Robertson Gardens - BOOKED

Mt Gravatt Motel (7 mins)
Sunnybank Star (11 mins, good rates)
Holland Park Motel (12 mins)
Travel Lodge (10 mins, max 2 ppl per room)
Mt Gravatt Viking Motel (10 mins)
Brisbane Rocklea International (10 mins, good rates)
Salisbury Hotel Motel (6 mins)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Heyo, good stuff Jesmo!
Jesmo can join the All-star (AKA NSW + Jei) crew for the crew battle.

While I can't do much about the housing issue, we should in the mean time figure out a Theme Park day for fun.

I'd much rather go on a day after the weekend, possibly Monday. I'm working full time right up until the tournament, so that's a no go, and unlike QBB, we (I) won't be at the venue til 12:00am and thus be too sleepy to do anything the day after.

So yeah, if people want it, we should decide on a theme park.

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
I'm being housed by Bryce but I would like to spend a few nights in the Gold Coast so can you give me any details on hostels there please? :)
Islander Resort Hotel, really cheap and close to everything.

If you're willing to spend a little more I'd highly recommend the Watermark (not a hostel, but very cheap rates, close to everything and nice rooms/facilities)

tedeth

Smash Master
Nah dw about it it's taken too long to organise + staying in a hotel doesn't meet my budget. Looks like... you'll have to take me off the list... Maybe next time. :(

I don't think tcranter's going either.

Sorry Vyse, but thanks for trying so hard to get us housing, you're a champ.

Dedu

Smash Lord
I'm 100% confirmed to come to this Vyse <3
Brought flight tickets!

Waiting response from Joshy to confirm housing...

Toby.

Smash Master
Basically what ted said. Sadly I couldn't book flights until accommodation was organised, and its basically passed the point where I can justify the cost. I was really, really looking forward to playing you guys (and playing with my NSW buddies <3 ) , but it looks like it'll have to wait for another day.

Sorry Meteor, it looks like our ultimate team of goodness and win wont be making an appearance this time :(

Thanks a lot to everyone who compiled accommodation info and especially Vyse. I really appreciate the effort you went to. You can stay at my place in sydney anytime :D

Gords

Smash Champion
I vote for the theme park monday, Wet'n'Wild at the top of the list if its a scorcher,
I also vote for sizzler/pizza hut (all you can eat, you get the drift) on one of the nights with everyone there, probs saturday,
another vote goes to a smash meet/training day on the friday, someone please host.

also in regards to crews, are melee and brawl crews going to be the same people and how many are going to be in the crew?

also equipment for the tourney, is 4 TVs all there is going to be?

Vyse you can add my Wii, brawl & most importantly, melee as well to the equipment list.

Gords

Smash Champion
there's a lot of johns when shaya plays. full stop.

and come to think about it, i have yet to see shaya play against a metaknight in a crew battle. this is something i would like to see, so whoever vs shaya in crews please put your metaknight against shaya.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
and come to think about it, i have yet to see shaya play against a metaknight in a crew battle. this is something i would like to see, so whoever vs shaya in crews please put your metaknight against shaya.
Shaya had to play Cobalt's Meta Knight when we had a crew battle in Melbourne. He took it down 2 stock using his own MK.

Top Bottom