• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Power Rankings V6.5 - Update 4/1/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
I'm skeptical about that.
If you want proof, toki recorded it and I'm pretty sure Chris would admit it too. I did lose the game after that but it was close and on pirate ship lol

Also not saying I can consistantly beat the guy lol. Just saying if it's been done by me then I think it's a sure sign that either we've all improved a lot or Chris has just gotten worse lol...

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
Don't put yourself down Cal, rise to r1 =D

But yeah guys, change topic, if you do want to see how you fare against me as a player, just sit down and have friendlies. If you are really good, it'll be intense, fun and we'll both have to pull out new characters or diff strats to pull of the win.

But yeah, I'm not in the competetive or caring mood about power rankings for smash atm, I'm happy for other people to compete over those spots. Let the new generation of smashers come =)

Remastered

Smash Lord
Hear that Chris, everyone thinks your a rapist :p.

TKD fox did excellent in last major, need to get my fox close to that level now. New ambition to get better.

No more MK Johns.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Both Pierce and M2k think that Fox has a severely underated matchup against MK and that it's pretty close.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I have to agree, I have only been playing fox a while and I am knocking over scrub MK's fairly easily. It's all about being hard to read, poking the shield at the right times, and punishing the small windows of lag MK has on some of his moves.

There is a massive kill advantage for Fox to, as long as you DI MK's attacks well you will live upto about 140%. Fox's Usmash kills MK at 80-90% on most stages, even with good DI, and back air is horizontally broken. Nado spamming doesn't work because as long as you SDI he pops out on the 1st hit. Dair and Nair > Shuttle Loop.

Only thing MK has is his ability to Gimp fox and zoning.

Fox only has 2 Badly Broken MU's against him too. All others are within winnable.

Zero

Smash Hero
You can't SDI nado.

Also why is Pierc3's opinion counting for something? He doesn't even play MK rofl

Remastered

Smash Lord
Try timing it on the first 1-3 hits of the Nado and see how you go, ZSS can do this very easily.

It can be done I assure you, I spent a good hour timing it right.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
It really depends how it collides, but i strongly disagree you are going to be SDI'ing out of tornado at any consistency if at all.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I'll show you at the next meet James, I can pop out about 90% of the time. It doesn't matter where you are hit but it is much easier near the top obviously.

Nair or Dair then goes through the top of the Nado also, so it isn't spammable on fox. Nair is better though, slightly more priority. ZSS however has nothing to come down through the nado once she is out so that does make it rather pointless for her unless you have an unused jump to escape from it all together.

Zero

Smash Hero
I'll show you at the next meet James, I can pop out about 90% of the time. It doesn't matter where you are hit but it is much easier near the top obviously.

Nair or Dair then goes through the top of the Nado also, so it isn't spammable on fox. Nair is better though, slightly more priority. ZSS however has nothing to come down through the nado once she is out so that does make it rather pointless for her unless you have an unused jump to escape from it all together.
dair through the middle.

downb kick is the safest and strongest gtfo move, especially when they can't dodge. (see nado).

you don't know zss.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Dair only works if the nado isn't moving horizontally and even if it isn't, it's rare that it will hit through. I agree with down B except that jumping out leaves you with more options. However if you have no jump then by all means down b.

No need to get fired up. You main ZSS, which means you are going to know more than me. It's just a discussion.

Zero

Smash Hero
Jumping out most certainly does not give you more options as ZSS. You have no moves that can cover the area directly below you, and jumping leaves you in a position you do not want to be against MK.

DownB is the perfect move for the situation because it means the MK has to stop chasing you, or get smacked with a huge power, huge "priority" attack.

I get slightly annoyed when people talk about ZSS because 99% of the time, they're just flat out wrong.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I said I agree it works, I will also point out that it is good as you said while they can't dodge. However it will never work once you have popped out of the top of the nado and will leave you in a move that MK can chase and punish the lag of.

My original point was that SDI is pointless for ZSS because once your out it leaves you with less options. If your still jumping up and down because you think your right and I'm wrong, then I guess some people just aren't worth having a decent, civilised discussion with.

Anyway I would rather not continue this on here, because your obviously not open to opinion on the matter.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
That's how Jbird's so goooooooood!

Yea Chris doesn't really look like he's trying at all, he air dodges into you like 8 billion times lol

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Didn't you already main fox a while back? I remember playing your fox at a lansmash when I used to main falco LOL

good job beating chris, but it was just a friendly ;) he only used one nado lol
Don't care XD

Also I never really had a main back then. I just used my scrub fox when I felt like it haha

That's how Jbird's so goooooooood!

Yea Chris doesn't really look like he's trying at all, he air dodges into you like 8 billion times lol
He didn't airdodge into me THAT much :p

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
Don't care XD

Also I never really had a main back then. I just used my scrub fox when I felt like it haha
I guess it doesn't really matter cos you're **** with every character anyway XD

jbirds has such a scrub metaknight.
your mk makes his look like m2k - spot dodge d smash until d smash is so stale that it isn't a kill move anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom