• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
What time will brawl singles start? Would it be at 10 or a little later in the arvo?

It's rangaDORF's 19th saturday and 3 ganondorfs + worthless pinefreshDORF & phantomseaDORF (my phantom) will be having a massive night. We'll be passed out most of sunday morning so we'll give hotcat's a miss if brawl singles start early.

Also, hotdog, i saw your bro ****** everyone in SF4 at sunnybank arcade today. I was going to try my amazing GIIIIEEEEEEFFFFF against him but chickened out and played some bb instead. IRON TAGER is the man. Only criteria for my character selection is that they have to be MASSIVE.

Melee: Ganondorf

Brawl: Ganondorf

Street Fighter 4: Zangief

Tekken 6: Bob (would look like me if i was obese)

Soul Calibur 4: Cervantes/Nitemare/Astaroth

BlazBlue: Iron Tager

Capcom vs Random Douches: Use that giant robot

Sieg

Smash Champion
What time will brawl singles start? Would it be at 10 or a little later in the arvo?

It's rangaDORF's 19th saturday and 3 ganondorfs + worthless pinefreshDORF & phantomseaDORF (my phantom) will be having a massive night. We'll be passed out most of sunday morning so we'll give hotcat's a miss if brawl singles start early.

Also, hotdog, i saw your bro ****** everyone in SF4 at sunnybank arcade today. I was going to try my amazing GIIIIEEEEEEFFFFF against him but chickened out and played some bb instead. IRON TAGER is the man. Only criteria for my character selection is that they have to be MASSIVE.

Melee: Ganondorf

Brawl: Ganondorf

Street Fighter 4: Zangief

Tekken 6: Bob (would look like me if i was obese)

Soul Calibur 4: Cervantes/Nitemare/Astaroth

BlazBlue: Iron Tager

Capcom vs Random Douches: Use that giant robot
SF4 and Blazblue?

I'm even more impressed.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Scott, there's a couple of things I need you to do ahead of the tournament.

1. Talk to Game Traders (Ask for Michael or the manager, Peter) about letting you put up posters. If neither of them are there, just ask the staff there if you can put some posters up. PM me or something if you need me to upload another poster or something.

2. Actually, I can't remember what the second thing was. I still need to email our emailing list and facebook list, so I'll get onto that tonight/tommorrow.

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
*Posts for no apparent reason*

Me (actually not sure yet) and R4VEN will probs go, we will be a n00b and play brawl while in a melee tourney so plz dont mind us <3

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
SF4 and Blazblue?

I'm even more impressed.
Haha, don't expect much from me though. I only picked up those games just over a month ago. I'm still kinda at the mashing stage where i'm mashing buttons which seems to work really well with gief (straight triple punches and full circle revolutions of the control stick)

And i've got no ****ing idea what's going on in blazblue... that game is so intense, tager shoots like beamos out of his chest. I tried to read his moveset at the arcade but it was all in japanese lol

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Scott, there's a couple of things I need you to do ahead of the tournament.

1. Talk to Game Traders (Ask for Michael or the manager, Peter) about letting you put up posters. If neither of them are there, just ask the staff there if you can put some posters up. PM me or something if you need me to upload another poster or something.
Is this the Browns Plains Gametraders?
I'll do it!
I don't have posters but....
I can do stuff for ya...:) :):)

Hahaha, oh man next weekend is already perfectly planned.
Things are good!
...The GOOD DK! :chuckle:

@Billy: I voted for yas! <3
@toki: Thats cool thats what we be al about, Bi-Smashuality. :)
@Sea: Just come whenever yas wake up, there will still be enjoyment to be had no matter when you arrive.

@everyone: Please bring TVs and Wii's and POWER!
I've lost 2 of my finest troops lately (Chris and Dungy) and I'm actually low on TVs (and its not worth bringing Berta) so we'll need a good TV effort from everyone! :)

Sieg

Smash Champion
Haha, don't expect much from me though. I only picked up those games just over a month ago. I'm still kinda at the mashing stage where i'm mashing buttons which seems to work really well with gief (straight triple punches and full circle revolutions of the control stick)

And i've got no ****ing idea what's going on in blazblue... that game is so intense, tager shoots like beamos out of his chest. I tried to read his moveset at the arcade but it was all in japanese lol
I'm pretty sure his Spark bolt is Half circle forward D. But I could be wrong.

Haven't played Tager for a while. Although Iso will be pretty happy to there that someone else is playing Tager lol.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Yes, everyone bring TVs and Wii's! and GC's for Melee, bring everything!

We'll be running Brawl doubles + Melee Singles at the same time, then Brawl singles at the very end.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
DORF clan might make brawl singles, think we'll be too ****ed at 10am sunday for melee and doubles as we're going out for rangas bday sat night.. those who attended DORF OFF know how we drink

GIEF! DORF! TAGER! GOLD LIGHTAN! OFFER YOUR SOUL! POWER!

Sirias

Smash Champion
I agree with Michael (false angelwing).
$30 for a REASONABLE CONDITION GCN CONTROLLER? Are you fkin ********?

Edit:

Bob, is it ok for me to come over to yours this Saturday?
And Zac, could you bring your laptop + cord and could I borrow it for next weekend?
AND I WANT MY FOX HOODIE BACK!!!!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
what time does melee singles start?
10am start, This Sunday.

Make sure you guys know how to get to the venue! It's very accessible by car (with a crap load of FREE parking) and is quite close to South Brisbane station.

$5 waiver for every setup at the venue.

@Toki: It's a Brawl tournament too!

PoweredByAMD

Smash Cadet
I agree with Michael (false angelwing).
$30 for a REASONABLE CONDITION GCN CONTROLLER? Are you fkin ********?
He was offering $25 and it's actually better than reasonable, just collected SOME dust in the cracks of it.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I don't need your laptop anymore Zeek.

And if $25 was more than reasonable then why are you asking for $30?
Rrriiiggghhht...

10 AM start for Melee...?
Bah.
I'll only go if Bob wants to go that early and I can crash at his, lol.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
he's saying the controller is more than reasonable. not the price. or at least that's how i read it.

also rob and kas and ryan and nick shouldn't go so i can actually win money at a tournament for once.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Whos taking recording equipment? Zac's taking a direct capture setup and a vid cam.

I dont think I left my fox hoodie at zac's.. I'll ask him now telepathically seeing as he cant post for 2 weeks... hmmm he can't find it in his house he says. Guess that means I'm a ********, deaf and forgetful homo <3

He also thinks (lucky where telepathic right) that he's uploading matches on youtube as well as the old crew battles over the next couple days. In full un-edited.

He also wonders if he can stay the night at bobs and get a lift to the venue with Kas? He can provide an extra t.v and wii/cube he says to me telapathicaly... cause that's what we are.. XD c: <3 etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom