• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
wow how many matches did kaion use samus in? most of them right he is a samus main is he not?
a third result with samus, 12 people or not, is ****ing amazing

Hotdog

Smash Lord
His Spamus ***** people in the bum hard... so does his Sonic, I need to learn their match-ups *Shakes fist*

Sirias

Smash Champion
Average, I think.

My throat is still killing me.
And it's nice and warm /sarcasm.

Next time.

Congratz to Chris.
Happy Birthday as well.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
I used Ice Cilmbers as well. Kaion used a bazillion other characters as well, though probs not as important. Actually i don't think he used sonic much maybe throw in Olimar instead or something i dunno :S.

****ashi

Smash Apprentice
Luke I used Olimar Diddy Sonic ROB Samus Lucas & Ness in that order. I only used Samus on Arrow because I know what he thinks of projectiles.

I CPed Scrub's D3 with Olimar because I assumed he'd play me thinking I'd be Sonic & pull out his D3 as it was his best counter for my Sonic in friendlies last time. I felt dirty for that one Ben but just thinking about your chain grabbing skills scares the crap out of me!

I tried to counter J-Birds' Snake with Olimar but I couldn't take him OR his ICs down! I want revenge Jaymz.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
20 people is average at a larger tourney like lan smash, i think the monthly's only attract a few people more dedicated to the scene.

im probably going to try and make singles for the melee tournament. i cant make it to doubles :( too sleepy lol.

Hughalicous

Smash Apprentice
Roy is sooooo Broken. He outranges me like a *****, and his attacks are MORE effective when I'm close to him. Atleast marf gets weaker once your break through the jiggly proof barrier that is the tipper forward smash.

PS, dif is trying to learn me sheik/zelda so I aren't reaped by swords as much. Its not working, tips please

Hughalicous

Smash Apprentice
I play young link sometimes. My character choices are essentially characters from zelda, Jigglypuff, that is all. Spamming is an interesting option, I'll remember that

Sirias

Smash Champion
Camping and spamming is always a fun option.
It makes playing 'so much' fun. =/

Edit:

If you can't play Sheik then something is wrong with you, haha.
Most of her moves link to auto-combos.
Zelda is 'all' heels (fairs and bairs).
Sheik is just tilts or dash attack to fairs. Bairs off ledge. Dairs to fairs/bairs. Back/forward throw off ledge to fair/bair edgeguard. Dthrow on stage to dash attack for Peach (and maybe Jiggs?). Nairs against Spacies. Lots of needles. =]

Hughalicous

Smash Apprentice
I play young link sometimes. My character choices are essentially characters from zelda, Jigglypuff, that is all. Spamming is an interesting option, I'll remember that

Edit: WTF, my post was repeated, but with enough time for Kas to post. Odd

Also, spamming isn't always fun. Look at brawl.

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
In brawl, everyone takes so much more % to be killed, so I have to use even more projectiles <3
But yeah, pseudo down throws with shiek is what I see a lot of, and a lot of fairs and bairs. If marth can't sweet spot then spam down smash at the ledge until they learn, then edge hog and then fair them backwards or something if they land on

Hughalicous

Smash Apprentice
Jiggles is so coold it gets exceptional cases. Yay. Thanks for the tips by the way. I will hopefully see you all at the tournament. I plan to place better then last time, I assume 7th is a decent placing for my first tournament. Hope all the people who weren't at lan smash turn up so I can meet yous alls

Sirias

Smash Champion
I'm so lost.
Something about something.
Hahahaha, drinking is so fun. XD

More people play Roy in Melee and Ike in Brawl, jeez. </3

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
*roy dancing blades* "you cant block the last hit" - kas..
"omg roy is broken" - me

that being said i dont know what to do against falcos illusion.. its so fast... my brawl skills cant handle it lol

u can camp in melee... but its alot faster so you can approach easier... kinda

Sirias

Smash Champion
Hahahahahahah. XD
Falco is so BROKEN!
HOW TO GET PAST SIDE B?!?!??!

And you can block the last hit but you gotta move the shield.
Everyone is broken.
Mewtwo is most broken.
And G&W.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Yar. I learnded that ages ago, to move shieldz0r to protect from moves.
But I still get ***** by Peaches Dsmash. :D
BECAUSE PEACH IS A *****.
STUPID *****!!!
ARRRGGGHHH!!! :D

Hughalicous

Smash Apprentice
How did the conversation go from boozer to sheilds? Boozer has nothing to do with sheilds, he doesn't even have one. Or is that shiny thing meant to stop stabs on him?

Speaking of which: I hate Up B out of sheild as bowers. Puff dies to it at like 50% of the top

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
rofl there's no way you should be complaining about the puff vs bowser matchup, it's uphill for bowser all the way. you just suck at adapting to low tiers =P

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
i usually just try to gtfo the platform as fast as possible before eating utilts, and then returning the **** to the marth.

although i feel like im playing like **** these past few days so theres no delivering the **** to anyone :(.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
****it i cant wait till im pro and can own kas consistently so i can tell him he sucks.

it's going to happen.

edit: i guess its just because i keep noticing my mistakes now lol a while ago i used to be like lol that didnt work, now i'm like wtf of course that wouldnt work you ******!

and plus you seem to have gotten better overnight lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom