• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
If I came, I would only be there for about 5 hours before turning around and coming home again. My dad basically doesn't like me walking home from the train station late at night and I don't like to worry his nearly 70 year old heart.

So unless I had a lift from the station home, I'm probably not going.
On the other hand, I'm free all day tommorrow, so anybody wanting to practice at mine is welcome.

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
Sigh I cant come now, bro working so can't take me there and parents both working so can't drive me there. Parents probably wouldnt trust anyone else to take me there... cept maybe kas lmao O.o... Anyone know if Bryce is still having his meet on tuesday, and his address. Lachlan said he moved to a new house awhile ago so don't know his address anymore.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
just catch a train to yeronga station and call me and i,ll pick you guys up, my number is on the first page. Its on allllll day. After 11 so i can sleep in lol

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
I would but my mum probably wouldn't let me, I am only 14 you know ><. Only been on a train a few times when I was young, I'd prefer to bus, but idk which bus to catch =/. Im noob.
EDIT: if someone can tell me which bus, ill try and convince her to let me go.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
am kinda interested in playing smash now that im home and squat is a week away. and playing at bryces would be fun. not sure if id be able to make it or not tho seeing as u guys live 10000 light years away.

Sirias

Smash Champion
How was the time in Fiji?
Lots of working out, I hope, if you get my drift.

Don't worry about convincing parents to let you go, it's just a waste of effort.
Just come to the tournament or whenever it's easier for you.
Also, do you have half the DDR machine at your house?

Well I'll give you a call when I get there, then, Scott.

I WOULD HAVE LIKED to have gone to Bob's today, but considering I wasn't told UNTIL THE PEOPLE WHO WERE THERE TXTED ME WHEN THEY WERE ALREADY THERE I didn't want to get there at like 10.

And 5 hours is a long time to practice and what-not.
Although we'd need TVs and Wiis and games and etc cbf.
I'm getting sick, ugh.

Nick, you should invite Brendan to a meet one day.
Or the tournament.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Wow, I've had a crazy weekend so this has been my first chance to jump on my PC.
My Tuesday free slot has been booked, I have to go do a photo shoot or something similar to that.

But I'm still free Monday - I'll try to come to Hotdogs for a bit. Will both Melee/Brawl be playing?

Well KK, dif and Scrubs, if you guys want you can come over Wed/Thur night for some before tournament melee practice - or if anyone else is keen to go to Indooroopilly come and play!

King Kong

Smash Lord
Wow, I've had a crazy weekend so this has been my first chance to jump on my PC.
My Tuesday free slot has been booked, I have to go do a photo shoot or something similar to that.

But I'm still free Monday - I'll try to come to Hotdogs for a bit. Will both Melee/Brawl be playing?

Well KK, dif and Scrubs, if you guys want you can come over Wed/Thur night for some before tournament melee practice - or if anyone else is keen to go to Indooroopilly come and play!
Yeah tuesdays not good for me anymore now anyways, I'll keep wednesday and thursday free 4 sum smash training.

peace out

Sloth

Smash Ace
Yeah tuesdays not good for me anymore now anyways, I'll keep wednesday and thursday free 4 sum smash training.

peace out
Just come over around 5-6ish. I don't have my roster yet for those days so I'm not sure when I finish work. But you can still verse Ath for a bit as he will be around.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Asking in here too.

Tibs needs housing if he's to come. Chris might but that's a big maybe, so if there's anybody who'd like to claim Tibs, step up.

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
where abouts in brissy do you live kami?
I live in runcorn at like... the bottom of warrigal road near the rail road tracks. Near fruit grove station.
EDIT: Nevermind... Mum won't let me get a lift with a "random" -.-. My mums a ****, she won't even let me bus/train. Only can go if she or my bro takes me, there both busy today -.-.
EDIT again: Mum gets home at 4:15, can get there around 4:30-5. Would anyone still be there/still playing smash.

Also, do you have half the DDR machine at your house?
We have, the godly pad. No cabinet and only 1 pad. Also I want to be bothered to go, I need to practice playing against good people, so bad at reading people cause Im so use to just standing there and watching lachlan ****ing suicide.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
wednesday or thursday night is good for me. i'll defs be there sloth. *thinks* should we get a crt? practice on a non-laggy tv and all. i've got recording equipment as well, so i can record the entire time =D i'll probs bring it to hotdog's today as well.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Lol. Lachlan says he's good, though, so he must be good. /sarcasm

I'll be heading to Hotdog's soon, getting to Yeronga around 12:30/1, so I'll give you a call around then, bruh.

I feel fat. :c

Sloth

Smash Ace
wednesday or thursday night is good for me. i'll defs be there sloth. *thinks* should we get a crt? practice on a non-laggy tv and all. i've got recording equipment as well, so i can record the entire time =D i'll probs bring it to hotdog's today as well.
My LCD TV doesn't produce any lag with smash. The only CRT we have is the small tiny tiny TV. - so if you really want we can use that as well. But we only have 1 copy of smash in the house, so you'd have to bring a game+memory card to hook it up to the Wii.

*yawn* I just woke up. Ahh I love big partying weekends. I didn't think I'd sleep in this long. I'll still try to make it to hotdogs - i'll see after I've done everything I need to do first.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
I am free Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday as far as I know of. So if anyone is organising something then let me know k thx. :)

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
Meet was good. Thanks for the meet Scott and anyone else who was there. Didn't fail as much as I thought I would, beat some people. Thought I did well considering age ;D. Beat kas' fox, dont care if he was tired, I won, im the best. Its pronounced KarmiStriker for you noobs who dont know japanese =P, Kami = God in japanese.
Mum fails... =/ she waiting outside the whole time -.-, thinks you guys are pedos or some ****.

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
I would have given just about anything to have come today, oh well I'll catch up with you guys on Sat! Some days which I wish my uni life was more typical, although it's probably my fault more than the course

You should let your mother meet some of us, she'll think we are all highly educated, sophisticated respectful people which we are =D

Sloth

Smash Ace
Dif, KK and Scrubs. Come over on Wednesday/Thursday anytime after 3. I won't be home till later, but Ath has both of those days off work.

And if any of you have a spare TV + melee + memory card you can bring then do it! 5 of us all around 1 TV does kinda suck.

Thanks for hosting the meet today Scott! We didn't get a proper chance to play melee. Oh well, always next time

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
i got facial hair ill shave next time for your mum.
man i suck at meleeeee (the crappy marth kami played)
but ben is worse =P

nice meet, it was fun +sf4 is pretty fun i am going to get it one day when it goes down, why the **** is it still 100 >.<
also need a stick... i am insta mister mastah tho. and zangief champ XD. wake up lariet!

i was surpised antho came, peer pressure

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
(the crappy marth kami played)
I can't play marth =P, I believe it still 4 stocked dif's falco, dif needs to learn to play against marths. And i need to learn to play against peaches and jiggs.
Also I didnt even know you were there arrow O.o...

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
O.o... but you said... oh right =P, I fail at english. My marf is crappy to though so i assumed you were talking about mine. What do you look like arrow, cause I didnt know you were there / who you were =(.
Edit : were you the guy that i kept 3 stocking and just spammed fsmash against me the whole time, and played mewtwo one match i think =P.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
i even waved lol
anyway getting off topic

zzz i could get better at english 2 =P
so any word on a friday meet, (so we can bring all the tvs together... to transport to venue)

Sirias

Smash Champion
I'll use Fox at SQUAT, but not all the time. =]

Ben is better than me at Street Fighter.
He beat Ricky, and I never did, even though I versed him like 30 more times.
Zangief is so broken. :C

Bryce you're so lame to play.

Kami (what's your actual name), was good playing you, you're so technical for someone so young.
Guess you practice heaps in your room late at night, eh. d:
And it's good your mum is like that, worrisome and such.
Considering she didn't even meet the owner of the house she let you stay.
If I had a young kid that went to someone's house I'd never met and didn't meet at their house I'd be like: "You aren't going in until I meet the owner, now stfu."
Maybe.

Lol Ben.
Thanks for the drive home. <3

Ricky and Scott, stop being so good at Street Fighter. :c

Dif, Casy, good seeing you two again, didn't get to play you too much. Well, Casy I did a bit, but didn't really teach him anything or something, blah.

I want Street Fighter 4!
Gonna get as good as Daigo. c:
Fer sher.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Yeeees. Kas, play in the SF4 tourney at SQUAT. I want to see how you go. I'll even give you some help if you want.

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
Bryce you're so lame to play.

Kami (what's your actual name), was good playing you, you're so technical for someone so young.
Guess you practice heaps in your room late at night, eh. d:
And it's good your mum is like that, worrisome and such.
Considering she didn't even meet the owner of the house she let you stay.
If I had a young kid that went to someone's house I'd never met and didn't meet at their house I'd be like: "You aren't going in until I meet the owner, now stfu."
Maybe.
I agree, Bryce is lame, he actually tried against me unlike you =P.

Name = Carlisle, hate it, to hard to pronounce (its like Car-Lie-Le) or something O.o. Also no tv in my room... =/. Lachlan still thinks he's as good at me, he mains fox and I still beat him in fox dito 6 games in a row. Also my mum probably let me stay because I just keep asking until she says yes. She does worry alot thats why she waitd outside, before we went she kept saying that they might do drugs or something. Also I gave her scotts number so she could always call him if she needed to.

Edit : Also practice playing against lvl 9's alot because Lachlan always quits after like 5 games. Everyone at the meet is so good at teching when trying to recover, I've only ever teched a fox shine like once ever =/. I suck.

Off-topic : Anyone seen The Hangover? Phil reminds me of Kas =P.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
rofl, i need to play more people at smaller meets. just so meh at large meets, don't really get into the game unless i play a bunch of games in a row. just cbf. also great to get to know people better at smaller meets. i should go out with you guys more, but i haz no money >_<

good seeing everyone again. thanks scott for hosting! also thanks for the tim tams =P kas, you always seem to be harder to touch (in game =P) every time i see you play. vyse, disappointed you didn't play more melee, i wanted to play you heaps more. ben, good games, see you wednesday probably =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom