• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
A consistent weekend of each month would be a good idea for each tourney like the 2nd weekend of each month for Hotcats then 4th for PMS. I dunno how viable this would be with bookings though =)

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
i am the pinacle of fsmash
stomp into my upsmash =D

i guess melee is doing better just cause theres the usual crew the + melee only people =P
bring matts crew into it it would be even

****ashi

Smash Apprentice
My apologies Vyse for not consulting with Hotdog about the date. I didn't realise it'd cause dramas I was just trying to be proactive. I can cancel the PMS III date and run it when people actually want it to happen :embarrass

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Nah, leave the PMS there, should be fine, we'll discuss tournaments sometime together.

Anyways, I'm always trying to keep Hotcats tourneys at least 2 weeks apart from other tourneys... so
14th November - Too short notice for a good/big Hotcat's tourney + I'm working
(unless people still want a tourney then I'll organize it for you's)
28th November - PMS
12th December - SQUAT
26th December - Christmas
Which leaves 9th of January for the next Hotcat's tournament. @_@

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
My apologies Vyse for not consulting with Hotdog about the date. I didn't realise it'd cause dramas I was just trying to be proactive. I can cancel the PMS III date and run it when people actually want it to happen :embarrass
PMS3 is fine mate.

And the enthusiasm is awesome, but I just feel you guys aren't getting a good return for what you put in.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Nah, leave the PMS there, should be fine, we'll discuss tournaments sometime together.

Anyways, I'm always trying to keep Hotcats tourneys at least 2 weeks apart from other tourneys... so
14th November - Too short notice for a good/big Hotcat's tourney + I'm working
(unless people still want a tourney then I'll organize it for you's)
28th November - PMS
12th December - SQUAT
Excuses imo. I spend my Boxing day at Timezone lol.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Yea I'll probably be in TZ too hahaha, on that note... I'll see anyone at TZ tonight? =D

Sieg

Smash Champion
I was thinking about going, but I'd have to go back early cause Kas is in Cairns and I usually travel back to Bob's with him.

I may be there, I might give you a call later about it.

Oh wait, your phone is ****ed up lol.

Uhh, give me a bit to think about it.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
....SO.

....would rather a meet though.

umm, yeah, more meets, less tournies...thats just how we roll up here.
All the Mattmeets so far have been LENgendary so far, cept for the weirdo/idiot NEIGHbours. :laugh:
More Double Dash, Snowboard Kids, Doubles (in bed/both games/what????) and Norway Brawl.
All the good things.
Going to beat Jaice's silly camping tactic in Double Dash!

But seriously, non-smash smashmeet required with Billy's cooking and a game of cricket n stuff.

Oh well, thats my monthly post.

Sieg

Smash Champion
I agree with Bob, why does every meet have to be about Smash? lol.

Less Smash, more meets, more random games/cricket/football/dodgeball.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Sup guys, haven't logged in for awhile. Just want to ask a couple questions.

So how does S.Q.U.A.T work? Do we play online brawls against other states or are there people actually flying up to Brisbane? Also, do you have to be a QLD ranked player to participate?

Only been to one tourney but extremely keen to attend as many as possible, melee or brawl. I've looked at the last 10 pages or so for the upcoming meets but it's pretty ****ing confusing for a new player, just the different people hosting them. The other 3 DORFS & I want to attend more. When's the next HotCat's one? I think that was the one I played at last time.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
SQUAT is held at a venue, people fly up to play =D you don't have to be a ranked player to participate. ANYBODY can play =D

for meets and tournies you just have to check teh first page of this topic, it has everything you need to know.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Public Service Announcement:

Today is 7-11

If you go to any 7-11 and say "Happy 7-11 Day" you shall receive a free SMALL Slurpee... now go!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Sup guys, haven't logged in for awhile. Just want to ask a couple questions.

So how does S.Q.U.A.T work? Do we play online brawls against other states or are there people actually flying up to Brisbane? Also, do you have to be a QLD ranked player to participate?

Only been to one tourney but extremely keen to attend as many as possible, melee or brawl. I've looked at the last 10 pages or so for the upcoming meets but it's pretty ****ing confusing for a new player, just the different people hosting them. The other 3 DORFS & I want to attend more. When's the next HotCat's one? I think that was the one I played at last time.
Like Pantsmann said, it's a National level tournament that the best players from around Australia are going to be attending.

And HELL NO, you don't have to be a ranked player. That's something more of a tool to help us seed tournament brackets properly. Have you guys got an MSN? add me:

vyse_niseal123@hotmail.com

I'll keep ya's in the loop for tournaments and such.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
so yeha my MSN got hacked (im sure you all received the Iphone e-mail from me) and yeah its deleted everyone from my MSN contact list. I got rid of the virus thing, but iv had to contact MSN to get my contacts back hopefully. So yeha i dunno if any of you can see me online but i am atm?

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
....SO.

....would rather a meet though.

umm, yeah, more meets, less tournies...thats just how we roll up here.
All the Mattmeets so far have been LENgendary so far, cept for the weirdo/idiot NEIGHbours.
More Double Dash, Snowboard Kids, Doubles (in bed/both games/what????) and Norway Brawl.
All the good things.
Going to beat Jaice's silly camping tactic in Double Dash!

But seriously, non-smash smashmeet required with Billy's cooking and a game of cricket n stuff.
I completely agree on every level. Matt's house owns haha. Also I want moar 8 way double dash and Mario Tennis 64. As long as there is some SMASH then it's technically a smash meet. I don't mind what rule set as long as I get used to versing people to up my mind game strat or any skill bumped up for that matter. It's also why I made my meet a console not just smash meet, to up a the variety.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Not much Ryan. Same ****.

Gonna be trying to ramp down the frequency of tournaments (Getting to be a weekly occurrence) from now on to encourage higher attendance when tournaments do happen. Make people look forward to stuff and clear schedules for them, rather than having to base their weekends around the fact that there's probably a smash tournament on.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Ill tell u whats goin on ryan.

Youre ****. thats whats goin on. yea thats right. you suuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Exams finish 17th of NOV ryan and I want smesh so text me.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Btw Here are the tournament results from an on the spot comp from today:

1st DJcat
2nd Max
3rd Calibur
4th Floyd
5th Harry
6th Kai
7th Tobi
Last Chris (ZOMG!!11!one :0)

Some of those names up there are just peoples from Nambour. Just for the lulz here is how things went:

It was free for all 4v4. First round was one group on melee and one group on brawl. The top 2 winners versed each other, 4v4 again for the final match in Brawl. Melee had no items but brawl had Norfair rules going on. (bumper anyone?)

Now to explain why Chris lost. He fails at Onett camping with Snake, hehe.
Night guys.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Here's what happened in pictures:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djcat/sets/72157622633717775/

There was this randdom Cat we met that was SO friendly.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djcat/4082401697/in/set-72157622633717775
It let us pat it and take photos and didn't even care.
Oh and SunnyCoast has amazingly placed Nandos, Cold Rock and beaches and everything. You all missed out, ya doyles!

Chris lost. He got his Snake out and tried camping Onett. But he got stuck in the corner and got Bumped and then ***** by the blackgay. No joke.
Norway Ruleset is how all Brawl should be played in the future. None of this no items, campy yawnfest.
Although Doubles should knee no items. Sirias Buis-ness.

@seaDORFZ: Yeah yeah, come to more meets, would be great. :)
I agree its very hard for new people to keep up with whats happening. What I've been tryin to tell these spakas for so long...

SOIOOOOO:
This weekend?
Good for a meet?
Whats everyone think?

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
YES
ben bs will come i bet
could be hughge cant do 14th (caturday) tho.. well i could later at night =P
because 14th going on a boat 2-5 ish
hey mutha****ers look at me i am mutha*****ing boat
nice boat.. =D

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
boats of QLD by arrow for lolz

steam boat - sieg
ferry boat (fairy boat) - moose
cruise boat - chris (cause he has a easy path to the finals =D)
party boat - mattress or that "dilan" guy
tug boat - vyse (since the vyse grip... or the lots of tugging going on)
banana boat - ben
aircraft carrier - kas (since its broken and overpowered)
noahs ark -jbirds
food vendor boat - hotdogs
city cat - djcat
navel fleet (naval fleet lol) - the dorfs
search light boat - people from sunshine coast
transport boat - me cause i drive people ~_~
power boat - rob
motorboat - ryan (YEAHZ you know what i mean) XP
nice boat - doug

i need more boats like fishing boat, speed boat, buoy, battleshi*, pirate ship, deep sea diving boat (G&W upsmash?)

oos boats
yacht - sd
junk - cao... (<3)
oil tanker - dekkar (cause when he goes down its alot of **** for everyone =P)
trash boat - ilag (cause he talks as much garrbage as on the boat)
raft - scoot (neckbeard is a survivor thing)

also ill host sometime in uni holidays

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Smash meet this weekend?!? WANT...... but CAN'T cause I gotta put up Christmas lights this weekend :(
I get back on christmas week. Anyone wanna have a boxing day meet?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
Like Pantsmann said, it's a National level tournament that the best players from around Australia are going to be attending.
half of melbourne ain't going, there's no way this will be anywhere as big as rocky :psycho: (yet it costs $45, $5 more than rocky)
suck it vyse

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
half of melbourne ain't going, there's no way this will be anywhere as big as rocky :psycho: (yet it costs $45, $5 more than rocky)
suck it vyse
1. $20 entry fee ($5 discount applies if you attend both days) + $5/per event = $40 = Same cost as Rocky.

2. I didn't claim that it would be as big as Rocky (although, by setting my (And LanSmash's) goal for SQUAT to be bigger than Rocky, I can ensure that I put maximum effort into making this a great tournament). When I say the Australia's best players are going, I of course mean the people in Australia that are good enough at this game that they'd be willing to travel to play it. Anybody entering this tournament is bound to be a cut above the average person who's played Brawl a few times here or there, so I think you've just confused the context in which I was using the words 'best players'.

3. Please don't try to undermine, belittle and/or ridicule my efforts by saying things like that :)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i would count cobalt, em, myself tak and jei as some of the "best players"
but if you mean THE best players in both games, like kas/cao and corpse/tibs then yes the best are attending

i'm not saying you're a crap TO vyse, it's just you seem to hype this up a lot and this tourney wasn't announced very far in advance and is just riding the success of rocky imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom