• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACCELERATE

Smash Lord
IM KAS I WRITE IN CAPITALS
AND START A NEW LINE FOR EVERY SENTENCE
MY FAVORITE EMOTICON IS XD
JUST TO MIX IT UP I PUT A LINE OF FULL STOPS IN
Lower case now I like to keep you guessing
WOAH BACK TO CAPS I'M JUST THAT CRAZY XD
Lmao XD XD
Cants
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
OMFG LOL SO TRUE BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH OMFG BEN I LOVE YOU.

Oh god that made my year.

Remastered

Smash Lord
mmm i could do it i guess. if someone else is really keen tho. i could just watch and sometimes play.
I've got 2 new guys for the smash scene that are pretty good coming round and 3 is an odd number unless we want to just keep playing singles ins and outs. It starts at my place a 6 so if your keen just come around. Will organise dinner :)

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Haha kas <3

Scott/James text me so I have your numbers I arrive at 10:30 Friday night
So I'll need to get in touch with you guys.

Remastered

Smash Lord
By the look of things, we really need to get a lot better at brawl up here, although not to many Queenslanders could make the trip. Would have been good to see where Chris and Jaice might have placed.

Eyes on the prize in next smashplay.

Rianogard

Smash Apprentice
If we are the melee state than we should have come first or second only behind M2K. The statement was that QLD needs to get better at Brawl, because the results from Robocop show that we considerably failed. I cannot see how you can assume someone is high when one states a fact, unless if you are high yourself. Saying that we are the melee state is like when the government tried calling QLD the 'smart' state, then School results were obtained and QLD I beieve was one of the lowest. More people need to get better at Brawl in QLD and also, people need to get smarter in QLD. I wonder if playing Brawl and intelligence coincide with eachother?

Too bad a medicine degree takes up a lot of time, otherwise Chris and I could have had the time to be there.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
"smart" state doesn't refer to school results it could be other things. such as street smart. or has smart policies. its mostly propoganda for tourists and people moving to qld, doesn't really have to be true.

there are 2 reasons why qld is the melee state.
1: there are a bunch of high level players.
2: there are not many good brawl players... even tho brawl has a scene. other states probably dont see it as viable. so with no viable brawl scene, we would default to melee state.

but all this really doesn't matter. the whole melee state thing is just propoganda in itself. just play to have fun or be the best.

but yeah qld has gotta get better at brawl in general... thos southners are intense. less casual meets, more serious meets. even tho i have more fun in casual ones =P

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
1: Unreon & Mew2King (NSW/USA)
2: Kas & Syke (QLD/QLD)
3: CAOTIC & ACCELERATE (VIC/QLD)
4: Sloth & Scrubs (QLD/QLD)

1: Mew2King (USA)
2: CAOTIC (VIC)
3: Kas (QLD)
4: Syke (QLD)

looks pretty qld to me. especially since kas v cao is 1:1 atm (unless they've played before rocky, but i know nothing about aus smash history cause i'm a noob)

Sieg

Smash Champion
We're the 'Go out every night and get smashed with Dorf's and still beat everyone from the other states' State.

Awwww yeah.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
REGIONAL SEPARATION yeyuzhuzuzhzhuzhhuuuuzzzzz

Kas and I played before years back but he was sheit and just picked up the game, so the real rivallry starts from Rocky. 1-1, baw, <3

QLD should have beaten NSW in crews though. captain skills = lol

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
By the look of things, we really need to get a lot better at brawl up here, although not to many Queenslanders could make the trip. Would have been good to see where Chris and Jaice might have placed.

Eyes on the prize in next smashplay.
Sounds good Matt. Let's work hard to turn things around.
Nevermind the haters.

Also, don't ask me about the PR yet. Trying to get over a bug I've picked up in Melbourne.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Ryan was captaining apparently, and kas played for years with his bro in NZ..

I didnt want to play N.S.W at all in crews, was so cbf. Too tired afterwards to play against Vic.. fail crews are fail.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Too hung-over and drunk to play legitimately, but everyone was tired/hung-over anyway, and it's lame to play singles last cause most people are so cbf after doubles, even if it is for a different game, it just goes on way too long, blah majors, too many people, blah.

Also yar, I was shiet back then. :C And I'm still bad now, lol.

I played with my brother for years, by which you mean 1, and by which you mean I only picked up wave-dashing and dash-dancing like 6 months before coming to Aus.

But yar. RIVALRY BRA!
KES AND DEVE.
SIIIK.

It's gay, though, you just stay the same character and I have to change.
Maybe I'll play Falco next tourny we ever play in, whenever that is, see how that goes. c:

Remastered

Smash Lord
Might be worthwhile waiting until after next Smashplay for the PR. Upto you guys though. That way it's outside of super busy uni times, you won't be sick anymore and it will be done straight after the most upto date tournament up here. Gives everyone a last ditch attempt at a ranking and hopefully all those wanting to get on the ranking can make it including Chris.

Otherwise no stress about when it gets done, my last tourney was an epic fail finding a secondary so I didn't expect to be on it after that last show.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I can bust out my crappy Shoik. It'll be better from now on. >:3

+ I wanna learn Samus

Rianogard

Smash Apprentice
Until QLD is the clear leader in Melee competitions, the title of "Melee State" should be kept aside until it is well deserved. I am not arguing that QLD in general is not good at Melee, just don't give it a title until we consistantly destroy the other states in competitions, both singles and doubles. It just makes us seem like we are trying to grasp at our last bit of hope in playing Smash - training strenuously with only Melee.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
qld is the cbf state.. nsw and vic have 'serious' meets/tournaments all the time and we don't, so they're better than us at brawl.. also have a larger scene.

we still do well at melee cos all the qld melee players used to care that much back in the day and they're all at a high skill level which they've managed to retain by practicing against each other.. we just have a more relaxed attitude towards smash, I can now see that after RC.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Lol, yer, we totes train.
30 minute sessions at about midnight and then we watch A Serbian Film.
Best smash practice everrr~

Also, we can't get good at Brawl because we don't have many GOOD players to begin with.

Remastered

Smash Lord
new*** thinks he's legit lol
Bald *** couldn't be more wrong. Rianogard Isn't new ***, has valid point, and is legit :laugh:.

Solid improve by qld I think, nice work J-birds on top QLD finish in brawl singles. Need more play against you. Pretty annoyed I didn't get a game in against you at my meet couple weekends back.

Arrow's snake has potential to move up in ranks too, fights so different to other snakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom