• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Almost legit ;)
once i stop raging at every mistake ill be there

****it come dif! i want a rematch

Sirias

Smash Champion
I'm not a Brawl lover they're just the only fun new people that came in via Brawl.
I still wubz the old fogeys, and you, too, Rob.
Ya feg.

I don't get an incentive to play betr wen munnys invulvd.
Dats bs.
Jus ply 4 2 b 1 number.
zzz...

Karp-0S

Smash Journeyman
I object to the cash for doubles,
Only event I have fun in. No straight MK picks... Usually.

Singles I can understand, as I can for a venue fee. (bringing $35 for this Saturday Antho.)

WTB someone to play brawl against when not at a tourney. As with melee these events are more of a cashsink then a learning experience, I'd like to enjoy this game again opposed to rage because I just don't play enough.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Sorry Aron, but due to popular demand, I'm going to implement a doubles pot.

However, for those of you wanting a free event, maybe we could run a testing tournament on the side. I want it to be single elim best of 1, and you choose randomly/strike from this list:

Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 2
Jungle Japes
Norfair

Green Greens
Distant Planet
Luigi's Mansion
Pirate Ship
Port Town Aero Dive
Yoshi's Island (Melee)

And Vyse's stupid rule: You can't pick a stage you've won on before the whole tournament.
(It's the tier 2 and 3 stage list). I'd like participants to play on one wii, and save every replay. I'd also like to encourage you all to play as gay as possible to prove why these stages shouldn't see play in a tournament setting.

Ideally, I'd like to start it as soon as people arrive, during setup, and be done before doubles events start. I'll also cap entry at 8 people.

I object to the cash for doubles,
Only event I have fun in. No straight MK picks... Usually.

Singles I can understand, as I can for a venue fee. (bringing $35 for this Saturday Antho.)

WTB someone to play brawl against when not at a tourney. As with melee these events are more of a cashsink then a learning experience, I'd like to enjoy this game again opposed to rage because I just don't play enough.
I'll take you up on that Aron. Sometime soon?
I can play both so it's the best of both worlds. (Or worst of both).

Also if Nick comes over I can start my mission.

Karp-0S

Smash Journeyman
Brawl Boot Camp. Sure thing sir. I've got TAFE holidays coming up so let me know when your free. Depending on how it all goes, I may even have enoughwant to spend money to go to robocop.

I will be playing fox sir. Bring the banana's.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Hopefully a testing tournament will be incentive to get people to the tournament early and on time. I'm gonna go straight MK specifically for it for the purpose of testing.

Karp-0S

Smash Journeyman
Straight ike sir.

I'll be on the 12.20 bus, so I should be there right on 1 o'cawk.

Edit: If anyone's intrested, I'm gonna have a Smash meet at mine after saturday's tourney. 3 or 4 people can come, I've got 3 beds in my room now so people can stay down the coast for smash if they'd like, Got a TV with brawl + my ps3 on monitor for people to play. Just let me know in advance.

Melee or brawl depending on who wants to rock up.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Straight ike sir.

I'll be on the 12.20 bus, so I should be there right on 1 o'cawk.

Edit: If anyone's intrested, I'm gonna have a Smash meet at mine after saturday's tourney. 3 or 4 people can come, I've got 3 beds in my room now so people can stay down the coast for smash if they'd like, Got a TV with brawl + my ps3 on monitor for people to play. Just let me know in advance.

Melee or brawl depending on who wants to rock up.
Count me in Aron. I'm gonna bring some Brawl Mario to your house ;D
I also feel like playing smash tonight. What's everyone up to?

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
So.... people are busy tonight?
I'm leaving work now so won't have net most likely. If anyone is up for some smash contact me on 0423765351

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
**** I dunno if I can go at all. Gotta do some fam ****. I'll keep posted. Plus I don't have my controller cuz y car is getting serviced ****. Is there a tourney on the sat or sun after?

Karp-0S

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm not coming anymore, banks put a hold on my account for some reason. No monies no tourney I'm told. Those of you up for a meet, feel free to come to mine after.

Do however ring me first.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Sounds like new people are coming THIS time. I just got a phone call from somebody in Coomera wanting to come. So all is looking good!

Paid for the venue today - $200 for 1pm - 11pm.

Even if you can't afford to play in the tournaments, I implore you to come a long and help me cover the venue fee and just play friendlies.

- Anybody got food suggestions? Would anybody be willing to bring a barbeque?

Remastered

Smash Lord
Not enough room in my car for a BBQ, already bringing 2 Tv's. But I can bring an eski full of ice if people want there drinks chilled, or you want to put those cans in it?

How many new people are coming? No extras with me this time around.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
WTF 1pm? Urgh why not 10am?

Fineeee guess melée singles will be 1-5 straight up then. Anthony bring your laptop for me
1. It was start at 1pm, or we never run at Helensvale ever. Since it's completely booked otherwise for the whole year, and probably the next. Unless we want to use the space where we ran QBB. In which case I'd probably make Venue entry $20 pp

2. I'd bring it even if you hadn't asked. What were you going to do with it? (I assume you want something to run the Melee bracket. In which case, that was the plan anyhow.)

Needs some more work. Like, a few smash characters.

EDIT:

Adding characters to it made it look a little clunky, so I just cleaned it a bit.

Although now the fingers at the bottom are messed up. I'll fix it later.

Sirias

Smash Champion
You don't need to have both images up, lol?
And all it looks like you've done to the edited image is just blur the outlines instead of erasing the white lines.

1-11pm the fffuuu-.
Way too late.
Managed to get through Jagera, 10 - 5 (basically finished at 5 anyway).
That's only 7 hours, should only go on till 8, or 9, PM.

Not that I'll be going anyway, but still, a little late.
I might come round if I can get a lift with someone (ADAM? C:), otherwise I cbf.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Yeah I was pretty lazy with it. I just feathered it.

If we finish early, side tournaments/crews/testing/random ****
Or you can go home. lol. It's good to have the extra time in case we need it. Like, if we get a larger than normal turn out for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom