• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
I should probs make an effort to learn the ruleset, i've got no idea what stages are illegal. Feels like it changes every tournament. Maining ganondorf, i guess it doesn't matter. He's atrocious at so many stages. Ban RC, get taken to japes lol. Benefits of stage striking for ganondorf pretty much... -.-

Missed last weekend, was doing my essay (due today). Still undecided bout this weekend, depends on timing and how tired i will be from working night shifts.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Nice work Toki, I heard results from Kaion last night as it happened. Can't wait for next weekends tourney, and it was killing me not playing yesterday. The Queensland smash scene is looking better and better every tournament.

How did all the new kids go? Many in attendance?

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Poptart came to the helensvale one and I don't think I saw that Micheal guy lol. Vyse will post up brackets soon. I lost to Arrow then Kas lawl.

Also thanks to dean for bringing SSF4, was guuuud.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Yeah, I recognised Casy lol.

- - -

Brawl Doubles - Finals didn't finish

2: Tokishion (Toki + Kaion) :marth:/:samus2::metaknight:
2: Flaming Asian (Hotdog + Jbirds) :kirby2:/:snake:
3: Vibrant Demons (Testi + Arrow) :marth::ganondorf:/:snake::ganondorf:
4: Kas is the worst team mate.. EVAR (Oldman + Kas) :snake:/:falco:
5: Skies of Arcadia (Vyse + Aika) :metaknight::dedede:/:pikachu2:
5: CalTart (Cal + Poptart) :mario2:/:gw:
7: MLG **** kents (Nick + Karp) :random:/:random:
7: He's boned (Rocko + level 9) :metaknight::gw:/:random:

Brawl Singles

1: Toki :marth::pikachu2::snake:
2: Kaion :samus2::metaknight:
3: Vyse :diddy:
4: Kas :falco:
5: OldmanDORF :snake:
5: Arrow :snake:
7: Hotdog :kirby2:
7: Fawx :metaknight:
9: Testikills :marth:
9: Cal :bowser2:
9: Rocko :gw::metaknight:
9: Jbirds :snake: (DNF)
13: Emery :lucario:
13: Aika:pikachu2:
13: Poptart :gw::falcon:

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Much love Testi, thank you <3

Also hands down on that Ganon + Pirate ship, i lol'd :p

I used Pika and Snake as well as Marth <33333

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Feel like im improving at melee, slowly but getting there at least =)
I beat Michael (casy) but i had to bail so i gave him the win.
I want to try an organise a tournament where we can get all the meele***s together at once, seems pretty hard but.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
They won't make it to the finals at helensvale...
I never said they would, but the last two tournaments they made the melee final and didn't play their match - lame. If kas loses he'll make up some dumb excuse about not playing/caring about smash. I hate you kas :)

Maining ganondorf, i guess it doesn't matter. He's atrocious at so many stages. Ban RC, get taken to japes lol.
Maining Ganondorf? So Marth lasted... hmmm I think about 12 or so hrs lol including sleep in the middle. Good cycle. Japes is also banned now.. our stage/rules knowledge is horrendous.

Put in Dual ganons for Arrow and myself as well. Toki and Kaion felt the pain of Ganon on the high seas. Straight super counter picks
Way to steal our tactic Dean.. the best sea and I have ever placed in a doubles tourney was when we were both Ganondorf and we counter picked ship every match.. until we got to vyse + team mate and he rule ***** us by saying we were planking on the ship too much (pun intended) and that is was excessive stalling.

Oh yeah I used Ganondorf at HotCat's as well as Snake.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I never said they would, but the last two tournaments they made the melee final and didn't play their match - lame. If kas loses he'll make up some dumb excuse about not playing/caring about smash. I hate you kas :)

Maining Ganondorf? So Marth lasted... hmmm I think about 12 or so hrs lol including sleep in the middle. Good cycle. Japes is also banned now.. our stage/rules knowledge is horrendous.

Way to steal our tactic Dean.. the best sea and I have ever placed in a doubles tourney was when we were both Ganondorf and we counter picked ship every match.. until we got to vyse + team mate and he rule ***** us by saying we were planking on the ship too much (pun intended) and that is was excessive stalling.

Oh yeah I used Ganondorf at HotCat's as well as Snake.
Did I?

If I did, I apologise. Stalling is acceptable in doubles. Since it shouldn't work.

Wow, I fail.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
Did I?

If I did, I apologise. Stalling is acceptable in doubles. Since it shouldn't work.

Wow, I fail.
it's all good :p we were just edge hogging and baiting you to the water for thunder stomp spikes.. it would have been a gay tactic except we were dual ganondorf so anything to gain the upper hand is acceptable.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
No really. Doubles play never even has a ledge grab limit.
I owe you a drink or something.

EDIT:

Robocop Ruleset:

Legal Stage List

Starters
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise

Counter-picks
Final Destination
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Pictochat
Brinstar

So we were actually playing the list wrong. FD is meant to be Counter Pick.

I apologise to everyone playing Brawl, because we didn't organise the ruleset properly. I'll print out the list several times for SP2.

Also massive thanks to arrow for taking Nat home. Dean and I got ***** by car troubles so I have no idea what Nat would've done about getting home without you.

Testikills

Smash Journeyman
Haha such an awesome tactic, Arrow spent 99% of the match in the water and I stood on the Deck and almost every kill went; Me knocking them into water-> Arrow kill them in the water straight away, no fuss.

Also massive thanks to arrow for taking Nat home. Dean and I got ***** by car troubles so I have no idea what Nat would've done about getting home without you.
Yeah much thanks Arrow. Fun night that turned out to be, spent a lot of time in the rain with Antho and we got a lot of footage from our escapades. Hopefully won't happen again as I put in a working alternator in my car today.

Also shoutout to Emery for our match, your Lucario is so good, I don't think Pokemon stadium was the best counter pick though.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I don't care about Smash but I like seeing everyone.

Ilu, too, Adam. <3

How did Toki win? Lol?
He's bad.
Sif lose to Chris, Antho.
MAN wtf.

Popdart

Smash Cadet
It was a pretty good tournament overall I thought. I still need to get a lot better though. :S

Should also try melee some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom