• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
hey, what do people think of having a low tier melee side tournament tmr? it could be free and just go all day when people have spare time between matches. just for lulz.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Ryan you slacker!
I'll bring a few tommorrow.

I plan on taking the 8:30am Helensvale train just since I want to be there at 10.

Karp-0S

Smash Journeyman
Antho, trying to get in there early. I'll probably be on the 8.40 from coomera. give us call tomorrow morning plox mox.

Just trying to get all the shiz organised. Don't have money for tournies so will be bailing for arcade halfway though.

Haters gonna hate.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Extension cords will help. Tvs and Wii/Cubes etc
I gotta bail early as well so im gonna try to get brackes happening quick!

Karp-0S

Smash Journeyman
I'll see if I can bring my wii up.

Don't know. Tis a cow to carry round.

You fella's best be wary, I've been mario training for brawls. Also fox. Shiz just got fireball real.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
I would have won melee if i didnt have to leave early...

Grats Toki for brawl.
Knew he would step up to the throne with Chris and Myselfs absence!

Testikills

Smash Journeyman
Antho might put up results, although he only just got home. Had major car issues

On the Day I think we played pretty well. 3rd in Brawl Double and 4th in Melee doubles, come within a stock of beating eventual Brawl singles winner toki. Took a game of him for the first time which made me happy (think I should of took the set if I could gimp better/ didn't J-birds into the shield breaker in the final game)

J-Birds

Smash Lord
I only stayed for 1 match in which i used PT, fathers day etc.
My focus was on Melee regardless.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Melee Singles

2: Sirias/2: Fawx (Syke)
3: Accelerate
4: the Difinitive
5: uber
5: Michael55
7: Hotdog
7: J-Birds
9: Reuben
9: Hughalicous
9: Vyse
9: Arrow
13: Cal

Melee Doubles

1: Accelerate & Sirias
2: Random (JBirds+Scott)
3: Soviet Russia (Hugh+Dif)
4: Arrow & Dean
5: Bannana Bread (Cal+Vyse)
5: Michael + Reuben
7: K-0S + Moose

I'll put up Brawl results tommorrow since they're on my mp3 player and I'm too busy/lazy to go get it.

- Melee Finals was split
- Brawl went Toki/Kaion/Me
- J-Birds left early due to fathers day johns
- I didn't get to play my match with Toki in winners for some reason. Someone decided to put me out into losers and I didn't notice lol.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
straight walkouts.

I banned rainbow ride against toki in our 3rd match.. and apparently it wasn't legal anyway -_-
He took me to brinstar and beat me last stock high percent.
Then kas knocked me out of losers, similar circumstance.. except I was on 230% on last stock so I probably should have died earlier.
He also wasted all my spare stocks in doubles when he kept dying, worst team mate ever.
I hate you kas.
Wanted to vs. J-birds, but I guess fathers day johns was legitimate.
Good job to toki for taking out brawl singles.. lots of other people seemed to have improved as well.
Looking forward to helensvale.
Hopefully kas & zac will actually play their melee final next time.
I hate you kas.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
J-Birds, Hotdog and I agreed that we should use the robocop ruleset for the rest of the month at least in advance of this tournament, but neither Scott nor I had the list handy =_= Apologies for that, but like I said, I got lamed as well in the exact same circumstance with RC/Brinstar.

I'll be sure to have the entire ruleset handy next week. The plan is to get the ruleset laminated to bring along every time, but that didn't eventuate for hotcats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom