• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A thread ASK QUESTIONS HERE.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Okay, sorry, what I meant was, can he cancel ooES to walljump off of it, so that he doesn't get edgehogged on some stages with a really easy-to-walljump ledge?

Timbers

check me out
unless there's some tech that is undiscovered about Luc's ES then no.

what exactly does that question have to do with the video you posted or even Final D or battlefield? lol. To get the ES to cancel without a fall special you need to be able to cling to it. You can't walljump immediately out of ES.

Timbers

check me out
That's...really different than the past 2 videos he's posted, but I'm really unsure of what he's asking to begin with, so maybe. If that were the case then I have no idea, I never really found an application for ES ledge cancel in the first place.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Back when Jeepy showed us this, we considered it highly situational and it still is. But I could probably dig into it and see if it's possible to do if someone is already on the edge. Gonna get a wii today, so I should be able to get Lucario unlocked by tonight. I'll let you know by then hopefully.

Milln

Smash Champion
Back when Jeepy showed us this, we considered it highly situational and it still is. But I could probably dig into it and see if it's possible to do if someone is already on the edge. Gonna get a wii today, so I should be able to get Lucario unlocked by tonight. I'll let you know by then hopefully.
Put a Beam Sword (Weavel) sticker on Lucario. Instant Win for SUbspace.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Naw, it's not entirely that either.
Thanks for answering it Timbers, but I'll need to do some testing a bit on it before I confirm it for myself.

hough123

Smash Ace
I'm looking to get into the tournement scene, so I have to find a secondary.
This secondary would need to take care of the Axis of Evil worst match-ups for Luc, (MK, Snake, DDD, Gaw, Marth, and debatebly Olimar.).
I checked, and DK covers Snake, GaW, Marth, and the infamous Luc dittto. He also nuetrals MK, which as as good as you can really get.
He leaves DDD though, and I'd rather not pick up a character just for him =\

What other secondaries would be good for Lucario beside DK?

EDIT:
I personally think Olimar, Snake, and DDD are his hardest.

GaW becomes really easy once you learn to SDI bair and nair (emphasis on the bair because you can score free dairs even if you get hit) and avoiding his smashes lets you live for a good while, whereas he's paper and a lot of his moves leave him in punishable lag should he whiff. Marth has the good pressure options but lack of reliable killers and options to Luc's own kill potential helps a lot. MK you just need to recover really really really well. I never found the matchup to be nearly as gay as the 3 first mentioned in my post. Dair is a good option to almost every one of MK's setups (just don't dair the shield) and aurasphere works well in baiting and punishing aerial pressure.
After reading this, I have the info I need.

hough123

Smash Ace
Okey, so I've found that Kirby counters Olimar and DDD, but not Snake.

So should I go with Kirby, DK, or something else?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Eh, snake is debatably easier than timbers makes it, but Olimar, MK (although everyone bar snake and wario have problems), and D3 are some of his most excruciating matchups.

hough123

Smash Ace
Eh, snake is debatably easier than timbers makes it, but Olimar, MK (although everyone bar snake and wario have problems), and D3 are some of his most excruciating matchups.
Kirby is 45:55 to MK IIRC, he takes care of D3 and Olimar as well.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah, t1mmy doesn't like the matchup, so I agree that it is debatably 60:40, but it's generally agreed to be 55:45. And yes, he does rather well against Oli/D3.
Just for the record, I was talking about lucario's matchups.

hough123

Smash Ace
Oh, I'm sorry.
I changed the subject without warning D:

I knew that you were talking about Luc's match-ups, I was commenting on how Kirby could be a good secondary. I'll be clearer about my subjects in the future.

hough123

Smash Ace
For my secondary search, I've recently become interested in the Ice Climbers. They get 65:35 on D3, 50:50 on MK; but they disagree on Olimar, IC says 70:30, Olimar says 55:45.

Sorry for the double post D=

SoCalLove

Smash Cadet
So...kind of stupid question but, how do you cancel aura sphere in the air and on the ground (without sidestepping)? And I just picked Lucario as my main but **** I love his tilts!

iRJi

Smash Champion
So...kind of stupid question but, how do you cancel aura sphere in the air and on the ground (without sidestepping)? And I just picked Lucario as my main but **** I love his tilts!
In the air the only way to cancel his Aura sphere is with an Air Dodge.

On the floor, you can grab out of it.

There's a technique that Ninja-Link came up with a long time ago. More of a mind game then a technique though. Your other option to cancel it is with shield, but what Ninja-Link showed us is after shielding you can immediately follow up with an aerial. To do this follow these steps:

While Charging AS

1) Tap shield
2) Immediately after you tap your shield jump and go into an aerial of your choosing. The most common is F-air or N-air.

Hope That helps =D

SoCalLove

Smash Cadet
Perfect. Thanks. Also, what's the best move to slow your momentum when knocked off the platform?

Milln

Smash Champion
In the air the only way to cancel his Aura sphere is with an Air Dodge.

On the floor, you can grab out of it.

There's a technique that Ninja-Link came up with a long time ago. More of a mind game then a technique though. Your other option to cancel it is with shield, but what Ninja-Link showed us is after shielding you can immediately follow up with an aerial. To do this follow these steps:

While Charging AS

1) Tap shield
2) Immediately after you tap your shield jump and go into an aerial of your choosing. The most common is F-air or N-air.

Hope That helps =D
I love when famous people get credit for something that's already discovered by a community because they decided to try the character out and were like "hey guys you can do this"

hough123

Smash Ace
I love when famous people get credit for something that's already discovered by a community because they decided to try the character out and were like "hey guys you can do this"
coughinnerfirecough

iRJi

Smash Champion
So, here is a thought. I normally am not the one to ask questions but:

What is better for a setup to FP or grab?

1. Jab + FP/grab
2. Jab + Jab + FP/grab

Is it better to go into the 2nd jab before going into the grab or FP, or is it better just to do a single jab to grab or FP?

Milln

Smash Champion
Neither. Once the opponent realizes you're pattern, they'll shut you down. You can get shield grabbed out of the first jab anyway. It's really lame. =\

iRJi

Smash Champion
O? How so, I normally Jab to grab and I havent been shut down by it yet for the past year... the only time it happens to me is when someone has a frame one move. Explain further plox =]

Milln

Smash Champion
O? How so, I normally Jab to grab and I havent been shut down by it yet for the past year... the only time it happens to me is when someone has a frame one move. Explain further plox =]
>,>

Mostly when I play Marths and they know they can Dolphin out of Jab Jab > Whatever.

I attempt Jab > Grab and they shield the jab, then press A. I'm grabbed.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Normally Pierce just UpB's me out of it if i follow up with 2 jabs, so i jab jab then run away. the question is are you holding the button for the jabs or are you pressing them individually?

Milln

Smash Champion
Individually. Easier for me to cancel the animation and just easier in general for me.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Ahh I see. The only issue that would reside there is that if you put the button input in individually, you have a bigger chance of not getting it off at full speed, that might be the result of why he is getting out of both jabs and grabbing you. I know there is a window (A small one) between the first jab and the 2nd one where marth can UPB out of even at max speed of the jab, not normally on pierce I get both jabs off. I just can't follow up after that and have to resort to running/rolling away. Never been grabbed out of it before though o_o. makes me think lol. Also that might not apply to every character, im guessing of course. maybe there are some who can do it if that is true, and if it is that would be scary x_x.

Edit: I do know that some characters can DI down out of it and shield, but that depends on weight and floatiness.

Milln

Smash Champion
Are we talking about the same thing? >,>

I'm saying if they shield the jabs. It sounds as if you're talking about if they get hit by them.

hough123

Smash Ace
Could someone explain to me how to use his Down-B?
*points to Infi's guide*
Lucario's Down-B is commonly reffered to as Double Team, (DT), and is a counter. To use it, just get hit in the begining of the attack to counter.DT is usually frowned upon among most Lucario playstyles, but some use it more than others. It drips with lag when you miss an attack, and is easily sheilded when it DOES counter one.

Again, I'll point to Infi's guide, although it is kinda old with the new metagame research and all.

Top Bottom