• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PWG - LBT2 Unity! *PRE-REG. CLOSED* TOMORROW! Ally+Swordgard+Holy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akariss

Smash Ace
NNID
Akariss
3DS FC
4785-4779-5306
I really like the idea of Amateur Brackets, with an abundance of set-ups/time that would be loads of fun to allow unlucky and less skilled players an opportunity to do well amongst themselves, so they don't feel like ultimate crap cause they didn't make it out of pools *cough* me *cough*.

Also Infzy, your pool wasn't a death pool cause you had experience already fighting and winning AGAIN against 2/8 players in your pool and that's us Peaches, on the other side of things I felt like a piece of **** having to fight you again so soon.

infomon

Smash Scientist
yeah, that really sucked having to fight you and riddlebox again in pools :urg:

that's what used to happen to me with Ambrose :S

tho you reeeally shouldn't have picked Yoshi's btw I love that stage it's great for Sonic :bee:

Akariss

Smash Ace
NNID
Akariss
3DS FC
4785-4779-5306
Ya, from now on I'm avoiding Yoshi's Island like the plague and gonna give Lylat a chance from now on and just deal with not killing myself ever here and use the stage to an advantage in general.

If the next time I have to fight you in srs business terms, I hope it's in a bracket match not a pools match.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
look at it from the other side...if you beat holy in a 2/3 set he would have felt ripped off too, just get over it dude >.<
See, no, shut up.

If you were in my EXACT situation, you'd **** well complain, tournament indeed was a success, but that 1 situation I was put in, made me lost all the respect I had for Holy.

Mr. TD

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure he will use all the extra money he won from getting 2nd and not third to keep himself warm from your cold heart.

buenob

Smash Lord
mikey, you have the worst pools :p

pool 3 was :
myself, destructo, hype, shifu (sp? also hypes room-mate), tin man, and a new guy who was pretty dang good citrus... excluding him, the 5 of us should never have been in the same pool... ever

also, i had to play hype first round, even though we were in the same pool

IN GENERAL: you guys john too much about brackets, there absolutely _must_ be a completely transparent system for setting up brackets based on pool results, and actual care (not a 5 min rushed job) put in to setting up pools

also - buffet was fail, sf4 was win, and ally is **** :) that's as close to shoutouts as i'll get this time

except <3 you illiad

Mikey7

Smash Lord
mikey, you have the worst pools :p

pool 3 was :
myself, destructo, hype, shifu (sp? also hypes room-mate), tin man, and a new guy who was pretty dang good citrus... excluding him, the 5 of us should never have been in the same pool... ever

also, i had to play hype first round, even though we were in the same pool

IN GENERAL: you guys john too much about brackets, there absolutely _must_ be a completely transparent system for setting up brackets based on pool results, and actual care (not a 5 min rushed job) put in to setting up pools

also - buffet was fail, sf4 was win, and ally is **** :) that's as close to shoutouts as i'll get this time

except <3 you illiad

I did not make anything at all in this tournament, just chilled out for once finally lol

MyvTeddy

Smash Rookie
I swear I facking made an account long ago.

But anyways, do anyone know (or the poster rather) what happened to the SF4 results? appearently all results but sf4 are posted and shats :\

and congrats to all the melee and brawl players :p

infomon

Smash Scientist
SFIV ppl: I'm pretty sure the matches that were on projector were recorded on my camcorder but it'll be a few days before I can get them online, k? uhmmm should I post them to my youtube or does LBT have its own it would prefer to use?

MyvTeddy

Smash Rookie
SFIV ppl: I'm pretty sure the matches that were on projector were recorded on my camcorder but it'll be a few days before I can get them online, k? uhmmm should I post them to my youtube or does LBT have its own it would prefer to use?
thanks but what the guys are wanting to know are the results of who came in what place and whatnot.
and go for your youtube

Mr. TD

Smash Journeyman
I don't know anything about SFIV or the names of the players, but a happy asian man won the whole thing, and this FAAAAT white guy came in second. Like I'm talking numa numa video fat.

Hype

Smash Lord
Buenob our pool was stacked becuase Citrus and Shifu both don't have tourney results to back up thier skill. The people who made the pools had no way of knowing how good they were.

-Googs

Smash Lord
I don't know anything about SFIV or the names of the players, but a happy asian man won the whole thing, and this FAAAAT white guy came in second. Like I'm talking numa numa video fat.
best part was when nobody cheered for the fatguy when they called his name out lol.

and what hype says makes sense, unfortunate but i'll just have to wait till next tourney and hopefully have better luck.

The_Fool

Smash Apprentice
To PWG:
I find it very hard to believe that there was not a huge amount of profit from hosting this event, considering the blatantly overpriced "buffet" and the above average venue fee (the $15 that many of the players had to pay is insane).

We are gonna try to purchase a large amount of TV's...
...But I guarantee next year, Wii's will be chained to the TV's. There are special locks that are made exactly for that.
I'm also curious how you can justify spending all that money on future tournaments. You have not made any efforts to compensate me for the loss I had while assisting in the success of your event, but from my perspective it seems like you have made a generous amount from this event. I would be very grateful if you decided to use some of this profit to reimburse the Wii and Brawl setup that I lost while attending and helping in the tournament.

That being said, it's always nice to have a chance to see everybody in the community again (hi Brose!!), but I really think the $250+ venue fee I had to pay is extremely unfair.

swordgard

Smash Hero
To PWG:
I find it very hard to believe that there was not a huge amount of profit from hosting this event, considering the blatantly overpriced "buffet" and the above average venue fee (the $15 that many of the players had to pay is insane).

I'm also curious how you can justify spending all that money on future tournaments. You have not made any efforts to compensate me for the loss I had while assisting in the success of your event, but from my perspective it seems like you have made a generous amount from this event. I would be very grateful if you decided to use some of this profit to reimburse the Wii and Brawl setup that I lost while attending and helping in the tournament.

That being said, it's always nice to have a chance to see everybody in the community again (hi Brose!!), but I really think the $250+ venue fee I had to pay is extremely unfair.
I heard about the venue, I really think they did not make any profits on this. You guys have no idea how much that place cost really.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I heard about the venue, I really think they did not make any profits on this. You guys have no idea how much that place cost really.
I personally would not have rented a place that expensive in the first place knowing full well that getting a scene locally, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto together.. is hella hard. You won't get more than 60 people maximum for one event.

LetsBrawlToronto

Smash Apprentice
The_Fool,

I cannot express to you how sorry I am about you losing your Wii, and if I had profited AT ALL from this, I would donate it to you, no word of a lie. I appreciate everyone that brings set ups, every single one of you. But calling us out on making a hefty profit on this tournament is absurd, you have no idea what costs where.

We are trying to bring the brawl scene back to LIFE. People like shifou and citrus for example, wouldn't have found out about this tournament without all the advertisement we had done. We spent a lot of money on flyers. It's stuff like that which attracts and educates new players about the tournaments, and the community.

We agree that it is PARTLY our fault that your wii was stolen. But I tell you, I never take an eye off my equipment, and others do the same. Everyone who asked us to watch their equipment, we took it on stage where it was safely hidden, or into the locked storage room. We could have done the same for you.

As for reimbursing you, I cannot do that. I am in a $500 HOLE after this tournament, so again please do not assume there was a profit, good joke. Since everyone is so strongly concerned about your lost wii, rather than pointing the finger on us, why not take some responsibility and everyone donate a small sum of money to get his wii back. Say $10 each person who really cares enough, in fact, I will donate $10 myself.

I see videos of people donating money online to get Wii's smashed (http://www.mywii.com.au/VideoDetail.aspx?id=2604) I'm sure we can do it for a nice guy like fool.

buenob

Smash Lord
completely ignoring the obvious PR bull-crap and how self serving that message really is, he does have a point... I definitely got 10 bucks for someone who helped make a tournament as good as possible, it could have just as easily been anyone's wii's

nguboy

Smash Rookie
Hey Lets All brawl 2 things.

may you post the results for Sf4 asap please?

and another thing

Dont worry I believe you that you did not profit from that tournament Dave and busters is very very expensive to rent out. Very. If it wasn't then the SF community would've jumped on it.

To everyone else:
There was a similar situation where the tournament host lost hundreds worth of money trying to run an event for the community.. this was called T10. What LetsBrawlToronto did for you guys was very thoughtful of him and you guys shouldn't really **** on him for getting such an expensive and spacious venue (dude you ****ing put it in vaughan ****s gonna be mad expensive) Though he may learn his lessons to run a better event you guys just cant **** on him for trying his best.

EDIT: Whoever is making fun of that fat guy, I like him over you guys anyday in Sf4 (except against Raynex hes cool)

nickcam

Smash Ace
Alright ill donate 10 bucks to the get fool back his wii fund aswell. Also at LBT, im just curious as to how much the venue was. I know Illiad rented a huge room at the sheraton hotel in Hamilton for under 800 i think (Not 100% sure but it was under 1k)

The_Fool

Smash Apprentice
I don't intend on taking any money from the community for this. It's not your fault and it seems like you guys keep having to pay for this kind of crap happening over and over again. The last thing I want is to see $10-$15 venue fees becoming the norm.

@PWG:
I don't appreciate having my point of view called a joke, and I would like to point out that it is very fair to assume that you made a profit. You must have made $2k+ in venue fees and many of the tournaments hosted in GTA have venues costing around $300. The most expensive venue I believe was Havoc, costing $1k iirc (Which was a very nice and very large room). Consider my perspective in this before judging please.

Finnaly, since I can't stand seeing his name spelt wrong, ShiFu has attended LBT1 and many other tournaments, and is a notable member of the community.

Mr. TD

Smash Journeyman
Trolls brawl disc is scratched and he can't play half the characters at home anymore so if you guys want to buy him a new SSBB disc he would like that very much. Or so I hear.

buenob

Smash Lord
i'm sorry, i told your female employees this and they responded with "Well we're focusing mostly on the gaming"... if you're gonna pimp out your web-site to us, make sure it works properly in all browsers :p

I really do want to like you guys, but it's hard to get on someone's side when they show this kind of effort...

nguboy

Smash Rookie
Thank you. For the results. good luck on unity 3. If i were you post the unity tournament (if you run Sf4) in the canadian section of shoryuken.com/forums and follow the standard procedure there on posting a tournament you might get more people for Sf4!

Nagata Lock II

Smash Rookie
Director:
Renting an overpriced venue has no drawing power when your target audience primary criteria for a venue is a place to sit, a table to put a TV and console on, and a clean washroom.

If you're understaffed, get more staff.

If you don't know the relative skill level of your community, then ask. If you're unwilling to ask, you're a close minded idiot and shouldn't be directing. Which brings me to...

Players:
If you don't know the directors, alarms should be going off. If you approach the organizer and he doesn't appreciate constructive input, alarms should be going off. If you know a tournament is coming, the so called "leaders" in your community should take it upon themselves to find out who's directing rather than complaining after the fact. You know who's tops, take some initiative.

Stolen Gear Kid:
If you bring a console to loan to a tournament, you're responsible for it. People who steal are scumbags. That's a given. If you don't feel your gear is safe, keep it at home. If you feel the need to help with gear, take base responsibility for your belongings. Asking the organizers to reimburse you is a joke if I ever heard one. The fact this guy wants to organize a donation drive to get you a new console on a depreciated item is commendable to say the least. He might be a garbage organizer but he's got character (whatever that's worth, apparently the cost of a new Wii).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom