• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PWG - LBT2 Unity! *PRE-REG. CLOSED* TOMORROW! Ally+Swordgard+Holy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker_man

Smash Rookie
Im apart of the street fighter community and I came here to look for results but found this.... I had to sign up just to post this one post to you KIDS

I dont see what you nerds want... I was at the Turni and had a great time. The venue was amazing. Nice big projector at the front. comfortable chairs, When I was checking out what you guys were playing I noticed one thing... Most of you are teens and that would explain the ungratefulness. The fact that most of your are pre-teens explains all of the B**CHING!! These guys Hosted a HUGE tournament, Put the money up, Posted Flyers, I saw flyers at my University- Ryerson. They dedicated a saturday and planned everything for YOU (complete strangers), not for there family, not for their girlfriend but for YOU. To see anything less than "thank you" is troubling.

I dont see how they could have made a profit (i hope you guys did)
I'm pretty sure the Entry Fee's went straight to the Prize pot. So there is no way they made money off that. Most organizers will take a cut from the prize money (5%)How many people were at the turni? 150 about? the Venue Fee was $15. Thats: $2250. There is no way in hell that HUGE room at dave and busters on a Saturday Costs $2250 (not everyone had to pay the $15, most paid $10, and barley anyone actually bough into the buffet compared to how many people were there)

WOW $10 or $15 big deal, I pay $20 for a strip dance that lasts one song, this was $15 and it lasted all dam day!!!

The kid that lost his wii shouldnt have had it sitting around, if it wasnt connected to a TV it should have been in his car or given to prowg staff members. When I bring a set up, I take responsibility for it, and will keep my eye on it. YOU need to accept the fact that it is YOUR wii and when you go to a turni it's still YOUR wii. People cant hold your hand 24/7.

Some of you are truly ungrateful for everything these guys did. After attending the tournament the last thing I would be doing is complaining. Prowg, You guys did a great job and these Kids are just kids, they have no idea how much work goes into a turni. Complaining about the seating is also pointless, No matter what the seating, YOU wernt good enough to win the tourni so stop crying.

I paid $25 for the buffet...I got a pretty good amount of food, enough to keep me going most of the day. Yea there wasnt enough food and it was over priced, (anyone been to an MLG event?..You wouldnt be complaining) but what made up for it was the unlimited drinks. I had about 15 refills during the event.

The street fighter community had 3 monitor's tucked away at the back and everyone that i talked to had a great time. You guys were the main priority for prowg and it seemed like they tried there very best. Cut them some slack or post something constructive... The guys at prowg who put this together, You did too good of a job to be receiving heat because of a lost wii, or "over priced venue fee"/ or unfair seating.

I rather spend my saturday at Dave and Busters than in a community center gym. Quite frankly I wouldnt have come if it was in a school gym or a community center gym.

Pro's:
-Great Venue
-Good Location
-Big screen
-UNLIMITED DRINKS!

Con's
-3 Setup's for Street Fighter
-Not all Characters were unlocked
-Not enough food
-Expensive Food (reminded me of wonderland)
-No Bikini girls
-Almost all Staff members playing cards at the front door

Maybe if your staff members wernt playing cards and actually involved in the turni that wii wouldnt have been stolen, but still its the owners responsibility.
-

Iliad

Smash Lord
Alright ill donate 10 bucks to the get fool back his wii fund aswell. Also at LBT, im just curious as to how much the venue was. I know Illiad rented a huge room at the sheraton hotel in Hamilton for under 800 i think (Not 100% sure but it was under 1k)
$800, me and tasty talked them down from $1200. My venue was maybe a tiny bit smaller than their show room. I don't understand how anyone in their right mind pays over 2gs for a venue for ONE DAY.

@ Nagata Lock, that tournament ran, because we brought wiis and TVs. No TVs and Wii's = no tournament for LBT, means no attendance, means more than 500 in the hole. Yes when we bring setups to a tournament, we bring it to help, but we don't do it lightly. If your PS3 got stolen at an event I can bet my bottom dollar you'd cry and moan on the SRK forums about the terrible TOing. Fact of the matter is, we brought electronics in for the TO to use free of charge, whereas in most cases they would have to purchase or rent the equipment. Something gets stolen, and then they say it's OUR fault? **** that. You can both go **** yourself if thats what you think. Smash community sticks together.

Tourney was success, even if bad things happened, and grand finals didn't happen, I had a good time. LMAO Iliad Link vs Falcon.
First match was close :(

Nagata Lock II

Smash Rookie
@ Nagata Lock, that tournament ran, because we brought wiis and TVs. No TVs and Wii's = no tournament for LBT, means no attendance, means more than 500 in the hole. Yes when we bring setups to a tournament, we bring it to help, but we don't do it lightly. If your PS3 got stolen at an event I can bet my bottom dollar you'd cry and moan on the SRK forums about the terrible TOing. Fact of the matter is, we brought electronics in for the TO to use free of charge, whereas in most cases they would have to purchase or rent the equipment. Something gets stolen, and then they say it's OUR fault? **** that. You can both go **** yourself if thats what you think. Smash community sticks together.
I've been attending tournaments for 9 years and directing for 6. I've loaned Sticks/Dreamcasts/PS2/PS3 to tournaments both locally and in the US over the years. Every time I've loaned equipment I took responsibility for it. I wanted to know where it was going to be. I wanted to know what director would be using it so I had a point man if there were complications. It's unrealistic to think you can watch your own gear the entire day but you can be smart about knowing what's going on when it isn't within you pervue.

I've had multiple sicks broken. I've had my Dreamcast & PS2 come back not able to read discs any longer. I don't hold that against the directors. I hold that against the players who abused my gear and myself for not being more on the ball with what was going on while it was on loan. As a player I make an educated choice as to whether I want to loan out gear. That's the reason I only loaned my PS3 out ONCE. I was at an event where a PS3 was stolen, thought about the cost of replacement, and elected to pass on bringing it back to another event. Directors have a lot more on their plate than babysitting consoles and the players need to step up for themselves.

Don't lecture me about "we brought stuff, otherwise it wouldn't have worked." I'm not a rookie and you know that considering you know who I am. I wrote the last post so people can take heed of the suggestions and know better for the future. Next time you all should know

A) What kind of director this LBT guy is and make an educated decision as to whether you want to support an event he organizes.

B) You won't be as light to loan your gear if you don't know where it's ending up. As a community you can learn to register your equipment so you know where it'll be and who is truly responsible for it if the primary owner isn't around. Look after yourself before pointing fingers and making summary judgements.

BTW LOL @ The Smash Community sticking together undonditionally. I don't post much but I lurk the boards every so often and your scene is no different than SF or 3D fighting games. It's a good group of people but you all still have your share of problems and all still ***** and moan like every other scene. Hell even this very event, which was getting PANNED 24 hours ago has players now saying they had fun and others are blowing things out of proportion. Take your lumps, make it a learning experience and move along.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
The pools. WTF. They should not have been so ****ed up. There were some death pools that possibly changed the outcome of the tourney.
Some Pools were easy as hell, and others were insane.
That would be correct jamie

@ fizz, yeah that was him

*edit*

HolyNightmare, Jasuke, Dimmy, JerkOwnz, Fizzi, JustNoOne, and two others who i can't recall.

That was the pool. Jerk somehow made brackets, which is highly unlikely, as I don't see him beating anyone other than the two randos in your pool.
@Death Pools: I know for sure there was another death pool too, because after my pool was finished I just started watching it afterwards. It had like KingAce/Carter/Raidos/Tippr/Ham n Eggs plus 4 other people I can't remember. Wasn't another pool TO Joe/Mikey/KingKong/a couple other good players too? And then there was my pool, which was me/Kuenzel/Swordgard/Troll/4 other new players aka the easiest pool in the tournament :/
Tin man, Hype, Buenob, Distructo, ShiFu, Cirtus (apparently)

**** pool compared to some others.

another thing is that there were unranked players that made brackets, they shudhave played ranked players 1st roundinstead of putting the unranked players vs the unranked players and the ranked players vs the ranked players :/

Windrose

Smash Lord
HELP!

does anyone know the name of that song that was played near the end? Afro chris and IB were dancing and singing to it. It went something like "oooo..baby...somethign something blah blha blah"

anyone know what i'm talking about?

The_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Rofl. Yeah I guess everyone who brings a setup needs to watch over them 24/7. No lunch, no washroom, no playing matches at other setups, no turning your head to talk to someone...
If you wanna help out the TO, you need to be watching that thing all day.

Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me.

Joker_man

Smash Rookie
Your tag Is bang on. You are a fool. Was your wii connected to a tv when it got stolen or was it just sitting on a table?:bee:

idea

Smash Master
Rofl. Yeah I guess everyone who brings a setup needs to watch over them 24/7. No lunch, no washroom, no playing matches at other setups, no turning your head to talk to someone...

haha, good point. kind of ridiculous to expect someone to watch their stuff all the time at a tournament.

if that is to be expected, then no one should bring anything to tournaments. it's not worth the risk.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
im sorry but from what i hear, the security at the tourney was looking out for people who had drinks and didn't have a "braclet" that you get from paying for the buffet or whatever, and said they would be kicked out if they didnt have a braclet

so, in other words you guys are willing to look out for someone who steals a $2 drink, but dont care to look out for someone who steals a $200 dollar wii.

you CANT expect fool to look out for his wii the entire time, thats fucking bullshit and not to mention near impossible since he has to participate.

im almost 100% sure some newcomer stole it, cause i doubt any main player from the scene would do this, but i could be wrong.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord

When you leave ask someone you know to just watch over, I left for IKEA, came back and my laptop, Wii, and GC were in the same exact spot. I know it sucks to get your **** stolen, but your at a public tournament how can you trust everyone? Trust no one man, it works wonders. I will be pitching to that fund, but I hope everyone learns from this unfortunate event.

.Marik

is a social misfit
People.

Get to uploading ALL of those Brawl+ matches from your Wii's and SD Card's.

It would be fantastic, also from the Return Of The Troll tournament as well.

Thanks.

We need a Brawl+ thread. Does anyone have the full results?

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
For the record, everytime something has been stolen in the smash community we DO make it our responsibility to repay someone for stolen items. Look at Gi's tourney where everyone was willing o pitch in 5 bucks for the stolen camera. Don't act like we are irresponsible people just trying to bring the blame all on you.

To the person calling a bunch of us preteen kids. Believe it or not a lot of us in the smash community are older than u think. Many of us are in uni already and some of us are older. Personally as a TO who has hosted multiple events, i would reimburse whoevers wii was stolen. It basically is at your rental even though its free of charge. It is still the To's rental of equipment.

On the profit loss thing, that is your fault you are in the hole for 500. I have a venue i host tourneys at which is as spacious as Dave and Busters and guess what it costs? a whole 200 dollars. Some people from the SRK community have been to it already. Don't try to use that as an excuse to get out of this. Regardless of loss or not, it is still your responsibility.You guys should have asked the community's opinions on venues before jumping onto Dave and Busters becuase we already have experience on good or bad venues and the costs of them.

and to Nagata lock, LBT's suggestion of a charity fund isn't new and don't act like hes godsend for suggesting this. This idea was already talked about by many of us in the community and SilverDoc already posted that at the next tourney we'd all be pitching in 5-10 bucks to help out fool with his wii.

LBT, i think even if you don't fully reimburse Fool for his wii, you yourself should chip a substantial amount into the fund as it was partly your staff's fault too for not watching out for the equipment.

Fool, like it or not we are funding you a new wii its not right for you to shoulder this on your own. You shouldn't be punished because we failed as a community to help watch over your stuff too.

Joker: his wii was connected to a TV and was being used to do Round Robin matches and later on into the day it was stolen.

Its hard to even ask someone to watch your wii in a tourney like LBT where everything is spread out, even if you ask someone to watch your wii, 2 minutes later they have a match and have to play at another station, and even if they ask someone else 2 minutes later that person has to play a match too. You guys had that much staff and should have had staff stationed with at least 1 staff watching every row of tables. No excuses.

When i ran the tourney at Fan Expo we have 3 different staff members dedicated to the duty of watching over the equipment which was setup in a much more efficient line. The point is we made sure the equipment we used and borrowed was taken into account for. We had a full inventory sheet and everything had to be checked in and checked out and only staff could touch the consoles and even the controllers that were handed out. Once games finished staff would then retrieve the controllers given.

Failure in planning to do things like this is your fault not Joe's or not our communities. Maybe you don't want to give full reimbursemant at least pitch in half or something and let the community take care of the rest.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
ya'll being dumb, to be honest, I havent seen tourney as big as LBT so far, (barely goes up to 40) yeah they may have not been perfect, but none of you can deal with 65+ people yet as it has never done before (other than OIN2 and 4) maybe including too many communities was bad for lack of room and stuff but they didn't do a bad job and I enjoyed this more than most Ontario tourneys.

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
ally, just because you are out of country all the time doens't mean there aren't any big tournies. I hosted one at fan expo which was just as big and ran smoother than this, you can ask the people from smashboards who attended (wolf, ace, nick, hype, doc, minus, and other various people i can't remember) and gi's last tourney had 56 entrants which was extremely close to this..

By the way i ran 4 different tournaments at that venue and think about how hectic fan expo and the only one that dind't run smoothly was the sf4 one because the Madden finals took too long. My tournament at fan expo ran fine with no wiis, ps3s, or xboxs stolen. and at that tournament there was thousands and thousands of people at that venue who dropped by to play friendlies and to enter the tournaments. None of our stuff got stolen.

AllyKnight

ally, just because you are out of country all the time doens't mean there aren't any big tournies. I hosted one at fan expo which was just as big and ran smoother than this, you can ask the people from smashboards who attended (wolf, ace, nick, hype, doc, minus, and other various people i can't remember) and gi's last tourney had 56 entrants which was extremely close to this..

By the way i ran 4 different tournaments at that venue and think about how hectic fan expo and the only one that dind't run smoothly was the sf4 one because the Madden finals took too long. My tournament at fan expo ran fine with no wiis, ps3s, or xboxs stolen. and at that tournament there was thousands and thousands of people at that venue who dropped by to play friendlies and to enter the tournaments. None of our stuff got stolen.
to be honest, stolen stuff happensd all the time, even in the U.S, its not the TO's fault. Sure having a security not doing **** is something stupid b ut it isnt their fault still. It still REALLY SUCKS because only random would steal stuff from the usual Scene people =l

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
Well when i TO as someone who is BORROWING stuff from other people i personally feel responsible if something happen especially if i have staff walking around. I know its not completely the TO's fault it is his staff's fault too but if he wants to get off scott free because hes in the hole 500 that doesn't clear crap it sounds like a sorry excuse for me., he should have budgeted better.

You said having security not doing **** is something stupid but it isn't their fault. Who is in charge of the security? Who is in charge of making sure they do stuff and not just walk around and do nothing. If you owned a factory and you had employees not doing anything would you or would you not tell them to get to work? They had enough manpower to have raffle ticket selling people bother me 3 times during my matches why wouldn't they have enough to just have 2-3 people patrol the areas to make sure people aren't stealing anything.

It's the boss' responsibility when his employees don't work not the communities. Why is it that we the community are each willing to put out an amount of money to help get Joe's Wii back yet the ones who were the most responsible for his lost wii refusing to throw in any kind of money. He should throw in the biggest chunk of money because it was mainly their responsibility to make sure equipment was ok.

swordgard

Smash Hero

Actually, they had to run 4 games. Way more than 56 entrants. Stop *****ing guys.

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
yes and i also had to run 4 games way more than 56 entrants, i said 4 games and 60 entrants was for brawl alone for my tourney that i ran. and had over 5000 people at the venue walking around, how does LBT2 come close to that.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
yes and i also had to run 4 games way more than 56 entrants, i said 4 games and 60 entrants was for brawl alone for my tourney that i ran. and had over 5000 people at the venue walking around, how does LBT2 come close to that.
Now you are just bull****ting, not even EVO 2009 had that many people.

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
fan expo wasn't just a ****ing gaming tournament a lot of stuff happened there. Lots of different exhibitors and representatives from companies like Sony, Microsoft, G4 tech, even the producer of SF4 came. Don't talk about **** you don't know Divinokage i'm not bull****ting anything out of my ***. Everyone from the smash community who went to fan expo knows how packed that place was, There was barely nut room to walk around. How tight do u think i had to run things to make sure people walking by didn't steal ****. EVO 2009 was purely gaming. Fan expo had a huge casual crowd on top of a gaming crowd. It had anime people, gaming people, sci fi people. AND there were a **** ton of randoms that entered all 4 of the tourneys. Don't try to call bull**** on things you don't know. I wouldn't lie to back myself up.

infomon

Smash Scientist
^^ yeah fanexpo was really freaking insane, like Leonard Nimoy and a bunch of other famous nerds were there, plus goths and cosplayers

it was actually pretty gross aside from the bawrl tourney :laugh:

except that's where I met annsy lololol (but that was at the bawrl so it was legit)

AllyKnight

yeah dimmy please you're overreacting seriously, deal with 150+ people in ur own tournament. We'll see then. + you said ur tournament was 1000ish money one day then switched to a ****ty price to holy, then SOMEHOW the price was back to 1000ish gift card. not that good either.

Lmao at 5000 people.

HAMnEGGS

Smash Apprentice
/agree with Dimmy
-> Organization of security should be one of the top priorities as a TO. Dimmy's outline of how security should work would probably fix a lot of problems. Maybe even have bag checks thrown in there as icing on the cake.

BTW I fully support Joe's Wii Fund, even if he disagrees. Bros gotta support each other.
TOs MUST take this incident AND this discussion as an experience to better organize future tournaments and also MUST take at least some responsibility for what happened.

Aside from that, I had a lot of fun to say the least. Hopefully I'll be able to go to the next one. ;)

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
I HAVE DEALTH WITH 150+ IN MY OWN TOURNAMENT JESUS **** DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND I RAN 4 DIFFERENT ****ING GAMES AT FAN EXPO YOU ARE ****ING ******** ALLY. BTW i did not know what the ****ing prize would be because that would be determined by the amount of people entered into the ****ing tournaments. You think i want to guarantee you a ****ing 1000 gift card prize then you come and get $100 **** off seriously man i told holy this too that it depends on the amount of entrants. There were enough entrants that day so they gave away that prize. If i decide to host another one this year you can go ahead and come i can't gurantee you the prizes though so if 20 people end up entering and your prize is 100 that will be on you and not on me. Was doing you guys a favour so **** off .

LOL@5000 people innfzy just posted agreeing with me that the amount of people at the venue was nuts. **** you ally trying to laugh at me. Do you know how hard it is and how tight you have to keep security when you have that many people walking around 30 tvs with each tv having an xbox/ps3/wii hooked up to it. On top of that i had stations in the zellers corner and stations by our 106inch lcd tv.

**** you for laughing at me on keeping security tight and making sure the 5000 passer by didn't steal **** when we even lent many of the randoms controllers. Nothing was stolen and everything was signed in/signed out by our staff and we did inventory checks at the end of each day, it was a 3 day event with no nut room in the whole convention centre each day. It is solely the To's fault that security measures weren't taken and in the future to prevent stuff like this from happening we should have a serious discussion about it. As for Joe's wii i still stand firm on the fact that LBT should reimburse if not full a substantial amount since the community itself is willing to pay for it in full. We the community care about our people, the TO's should to.

oh and btw ace and doc left their controllers lying around and guess who took care of them and made sure people dind't steal them. The TO (ME) i got their controllers back to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom