• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Public Requests Thread

Luxor

Smash Champion
...I doubt it's possible. Definitely impossible with my knowledge from doing hitbubbles before, but Dins is weird because of the "grow" mechanic.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
FlameWaveK 6:32 pm
(6:32:49 PM): a question/suggestion
(6:32:57 PM): have the researchers
(6:33:00 PM): looked into
(6:33:04 PM): RNG exploits?

Specifically for Peach he asked.

For anybody that's curious about what RNG is, it's basically manipulation of the random occurrences of this game. He wants to know if there's any kind of data as to "increase" the chances of drawing special items/rare turnips, pulling out certain battering items on her FSmash, things of that nature.

I'd love to be able to work on this myself, but there ain't no way in Hell I'd be able to find the exact way to manipulate random, if something like that is even possible in Brawl.

:093:

Luxor

Smash Champion
...huh.

I know this works for Pokemon and Fire Emblem, but I never even thought of applying it to Brawl. I have no idea where to begin, but being able to force a stitchface/bomb-omb/beam sword would be legiiit. It would probably have to be set up outside of the match though, which would probably make it a no-no for tourney situations.

The Cape

Smash Master
Peach downB reads:
If RA Basic 2 <= -1 then generate article 2 (turnip)
else
generate item: ra basic 2

Luxor

Smash Champion
So for a non-turnip item you'd want RA-Basic [2] to be 0 or greater.

I should look at this in PSA but I have to do my spanish homework first =/

The Cape

Smash Master
Question is, what changed RA-Basic [2]?

You could also put in a command that sets RA Basic to a specific value if a certain button is pressed or a certain number of uses of the move, or something like that. It would take out the random factor and make it more precise.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I know this works for Pokemon and Fire Emblem, but I never even thought of applying it to Brawl. I have no idea where to begin, but being able to force a stitchface/bomb-omb/beam sword would be legiiit. It would probably have to be set up outside of the match though, which would probably make it a no-no for tourney situations.
It doesn't necessarily have to be prepared before the match. I know from my past speedrunning experience that in certain 2D Zeldas you can determine the layout and behaviour of enemies in a room based on your actions in the previous room (usually a number of sword swings or a specific sequence of actions). It's perfectly possible that peach could just do a specific string of actions while in a match to manually set her random seed.

I don't see how it could possibly be ban-worthy either way though, it's simply abusing game mechanics just like 99% of the other crap we do. Worth looking into imo.

Yikarur

Smash Master
lol if the RNG would work like any other RNG you won't be able to manipulate it because your opponents actions does change the random outcome too.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
It would be cool if G&W's Judgement was figured out as well. Not to mention Luigi's misfire. =P

T-block

B2B TST
...huh.

I highly doubt it'd be practical even if we could do it without setup, since even a dash by your opponent will change the RNG thanks to tripping.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I doubt this game has RNG. Sakurai said he basically didn't want to put that kind of effort into the game (lmao).

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Well the fact remains that there is obviously -some- kind of random generator in effect, and that nothing in programming is ever actually random.

That said, if he did say he didn't want to put effort into RNG, then the seed is probably just the timer or some ****. >.>

As a side note, I still think there is some kind of complex RNG going on. I don't know if it's just me but I've noticed G&W gets more 9s if he uses judgement less; my brother mains G&W and he rarely ever uses judgement (less than one a game), yet I'd say at least 75% of them are 9s.

The Cape

Smash Master
You can never pull the last two numbers you pulled, meaning usually the odds of a 9 are 1/7. I think the 75% is in your head =/
Well in Melee it was that the first two hammers were like this:

First hammer could not be 1 or 2
Second hammer could not be 2 (or 1, dont remember) or the previous number
All else not previous number

Therefore it was 1/7 twice, then 1/8

T-block

B2B TST
I thought in Melee it was the same as Brawl? Namely, first cannot be 1 or 2, second cannot be 1 or previous, rest cannot be previous two. So it's always 1/7 if there is no 9 in the previous two.

The Cape

Smash Master
I dont know if its not previous or not previous two to be honest. Either way its not really a 1/9 chance.

The Cape

Smash Master
I could have sworn that the game had some kind of built in handicap for if you win too many matches in a row it gives you a minor handicap change or something like that.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Sakurai would put that kind of handicap in there. Also the recorder needs to lrn2deinterlace.

Yikarur

Smash Master
is not legit, maximum walk range to grab without Falco being able to shield doesn't have enough range to grab him.

Yikarur

Smash Master
he's definitely walking in that vid.
besides that I don't think a human would do the pivot grab thingy in a vid, it's still too hard to pull off. (and doesn't work also)

Luxor

Smash Champion
Well, it does work (with D3 on some characters anyway, obviously we don't know about DK's Dthrow yet) and I saw exactly what you see when you do a buffered pivot grab in that vid, although it's hard to tell since it's so jumpy. I've tested this with D3 a lot, and I'm 9001% sure it's what I'm saying it is. Buffered (turnaround cancelled by a crouch, dash back, forward pivot grab). Distribute the buffered.

You know what I mean by the buffered pivot grab, right?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=291214

Yikarur

Smash Master
I said it doesn't work for DK, you should know I'm aware about the buffered pivot grab, come on, I'm Yika :(

Yikarur

Smash Master
not even on Falco. In the vid you see a dash dance pivot grab. You can regrab falco out of it but about 4-5 Frames after his FAF.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=294258

I don't understand why we don't have a thread, post or hell entire subsite dedicated to frame and mechanic data. Why do we have 1000 different threads compiled in 1000 different compilations and directories? Why are we willing to spend effort compiling databases, but why aren't we combining them into one big project?

Why am I not able easily find out at what frame Sheik's usmash comes out, or what the shield advantage is of Wolf's bair? Why is Brawl's frame data still incomplete after almost 3 full years?

What does the Smash lab actually DO? Working on projects? Let them focus on the currently non-existing COMPLETE character data. And make ALL of it easily browsable through a WORKING Java engine subsite hosted by SWF itself. Data will never be lost again because posts are lost.

Come on Smashlab, give us something worthwhile.

I believe we are being called out :)

Top Bottom