• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pros+Cons of each character.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Actually, change that part about "most attacks don't do much damage" to "smashes do little damage" for ZSS. All her other moves do decent damage, and her aerials do good damage with the exception of dair XD

And you need to throw in some more cons for MK
Bad horizontal air speed, most attacks don't do much damage, light, susceptible to air release-related punishes by some characters

-LzR-

Smash Hero
MK doesn't give a **** about some attacks not doing much damage when nair and nado grab followups do 19%+ damage.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Actually, change that part about "most attacks don't do much damage" to "smashes do little damage" for ZSS. All her other moves do decent damage, and her aerials do good damage with the exception of dair XD

And you need to throw in some more cons for MK
Bad horizontal air speed, most attacks don't do much damage, light, susceptible to air release-related punishes by some characters
Ill fix ZSS. But I don't agree with you on mk.

Even though MK is light, he lives as long as a medium weight with his fast air attacks.
Tornado solves his air speed problem.
His combo's, speed, and great KO moves make up for his low damage attacks.
He is not easy to grab.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I don't understand why you're saying that the cons shouldn't be listed simply because the pros can sometimes negate them. If that were the case, all lower tier characters should have only cons and all higher tier characters have only pros in the OP.

I like how you refuse to acknowledge MK's air-release vulnerability as a con because "He is not easy to grab.", when you have it listed as a con for Wario. A good Wario is much harder to grab than a good MK.
I like how you refuse to acknowledge MK's low weight as a con, because "he lives as long as a medium weight with his fast air attacks.", when you have light weight listed as a con for G&W (who lives very long with Bucket Braking).

Stop with the double-standards, you're just trying to make MK sound broken by only listing one thing (which isn't even significant) as a flaw. The flaws I mentioned are much more significant. I'm not saying MK is/isn't broken, I'm just saying what his cons are.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I don't understand why you're saying that the cons shouldn't be listed simply because the pros can sometimes negate them. If that were the case, all lower tier characters should have only cons and all higher tier characters have only pros in the OP.

I like how you refuse to acknowledge MK's air-release vulnerability as a con because "He is not easy to grab.", when you have it listed as a con for Wario. A good Wario is much harder to grab than a good MK.
I like how you refuse to acknowledge MK's low weight as a con, because "he lives as long as a medium weight with his fast air attacks.", when you have light weight listed as a con for G&W (who lives very long with Bucket Braking).

Stop with the double-standards, you're just trying to make MK sound broken by only listing one thing (which isn't even significant) as a flaw. The flaws I mentioned are much more significant. I'm not saying MK is/isn't broken, I'm just saying what his cons are.
Ok, Ill put lightweight and air release as cons.

I updated MK

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Sorry to double post but I want to be able to complete the list so please help with these:
*Diddy Kong's cons
*More pros and cons for ice climbers
*Pros and cons for Lucario

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
To be honest, it probably would have just been better to get the pros and cons from the respective character boards, because even to a bad player like me, it's evident that alot of the stuff in this thread is wrong.

For example someone said a pro for PT is his versatility. That couldn't be more wrong. His "versatilty" is forced upon himecause o because he's forced to switch pokemon after KOs, and because of fatigue. PT is basically Squirtle being held back by two low tier characters. Squirtle on his own is a far better character than PT.

I remember someone saying that Ness and Lucas' recoveries are exactly the same. That's not true, Lucas has a tether, Zap cancelling, and maybe something else but I'm not sure.

And like everything that Segastorm guy said was wrong, I'm surprised I'm the first person to mention him.

Most of the people here probably still think Ganon kills early.

So yeah, it was a nice idea, but it probably would have been better to go to character boards for the info, instead of low-mid level players, because some of the posts here make me look knowledgeable on this game, and I'm probably a low-level player.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
To be honest, it probably would have just been better to get the pros and cons from the respective character boards, because even to a bad player like me, it's evident that alot of the stuff in this thread is wrong.

For example someone said a pro for PT is his versatility. That couldn't be more wrong. His "versatilty" is forced upon himecause o because he's forced to switch pokemon after KOs, and because of fatigue. PT is basically Squirtle being held back by two low tier characters. Squirtle on his own is a far better character than PT.

I remember someone saying that Ness and Lucas' recoveries are exactly the same. That's not true, Lucas has a tether, Zap cancelling, and maybe something else but I'm not sure.

And like everything that Segastorm guy said was wrong, I'm surprised I'm the first person to mention him.

Most of the people here probably still think Ganon kills early.

So yeah, it was a nice idea, but it probably would have been better to go to character boards for the info, instead of low-mid level players, because some of the posts here make me look knowledgeable on this game, and I'm probably a low-level player.
Thankyou, but I don't see pros and cons threads in the character boards. I know many people here are wrong, thats why I edited the list many times. I try to listen more to the good players than the players who don't know much about the game.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Usually in character guides they list them, or you could just ask them in their Q and A thread.

:phone:

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I edited Falcon. It should be correct because I just read a thread about Falcons metagame.

MacNCheese.

Smash Ace
Well, this thread seems to have a couple problems... mind if I make a new one (with facts according to the character boards)?

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Well, this thread seems to have a couple problems... mind if I make a new one (with facts according to the character boards)?
I dont mind, I know this thread has problems, but that's because random people helped me put in the information.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Fox's projectile is not great. It offers no hitstun, so a camp-happy Fox will generally get rushed and punished.

My list:

:fox:
PROS- good ground and air speed, utilt whoring, usmash usmash usmash
CONS-lightweight ( yes ) easy to combo ( yes ) no laser hitstun, ****ty UpB. ( yes, FD hates Fox )

Actually, you screwed up a lot less than I thought you would.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Fox's projectile is not great. It offers no hitstun, so a camp-happy Fox will generally get rushed and punished.

My list:

:fox:
PROS- good ground and air speed, utilt whoring, usmash usmash usmash
CONS-lightweight ( yes ) easy to combo ( yes ) no laser hitstun, ****ty UpB. ( yes, FD hates Fox )

Actually, you screwed up a lot less than I thought you would.
Thanks, I edited it.
I thought that no hitstun on his lasers wasn't a bad thing because of how fast they come out.

C.J.

Smash Master
It's not.
Fox's projectile is good. Is forces approaches REALLY well, racks up damage nicely, and refreshes his damn usmash.

Fox's laser is amazing.

Only Fox's vertical airspeed is good. His horizontal airspeed is meh.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Fox's laser forces approach amazingly well. It's practically impossible to avoid on certain stages.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
It's fine for approaches, but Fox can't use camping to his advantage the way Falco can because of this. Eventually he's going to be chased out and in close combat. ( Which is where Fox is best, anyway )

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
You should let someone do this kind of thread efficiently. Some of the terms you use for the pros/cons of some characters are awful/vague/subjective/irrelevant. I don't want to go into detail right now but this is really a mess.

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice
:diddybrawl:Cons: Has some trouble killing
:snakebrawl:pros: D-Throw sets up a tech-chase
:falcobrawl:pros: Great camping game
Cons: Has some trouble killing
:marthbrawl:pros: Has chaingrabs on some characters
:wariobrawl:pros: Tires, Chaingrabs on certain characters
:icsbrawl:pros: Uair is great for juggling
:olimarbrawl:I would take off the no pikmin after death con. Olimar can easily pick 6 in about a second.
:dededebrawl:pros: Amazing grab range
:toonlinkbrawl:Toon Link does not have a bad recovery.
:wolfbrawl:Cons: Barely has a fast fall, Small ledge sweetspot
:peachbrawl:pros: Can minimize lag on aerials
:luigibrawl: Pros: Jab combos into shoyruken
Cons: Needs to PS for oos options
:nessbrawl: Back throw tends to kill earlier than that. Just say they have KO potential,
:charizardbrawl:Cons: Has to zero-switch to reliably switch to Squirtle
:ivysaurbrawl:Cons: Switches to Charizard instead of Squirtle
:squirtlebrawl:Cons: Fatigue nullifies KO moves
:zeldabrawl:pros: Down-B

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I dont go on this forum anymore. If anyone wants this thread, they can have it.

Top Bottom