• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pros+Cons of each character.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
There too many people in this thread that havent the slightest clue what they are talking about.

Sonic

Pros: Versatile Recovery, Fastest run speed in the game by a large margin, quick run end animation, great mixup potential ( cancels), good grab game, has one of the top damage rackers from a single hit confirm (ASC),good air speed, has 2 invincible moves (side b and usmash)

Cons: slow attack speed, mediocre jab, lack of disjointed attacks sans a few moves, bad KO potential

you should add to falco

Pros: Versatile frame traps, one of the top jabs in the game, great vertical air speed

Segastorm

Smash Apprentice
There too many people in this thread that havent the slightest clue what they are talking about.

This post seems like a bit dramatic, a lot of people are either right, or close to it with their opinions, but there are some idiotic statements here like...
Narigo1 said:
doesn't kill well
so really, check over your facts before you post them here people.

FIREL

Smash Ace
CF: Pros~ Good speed, good neutral attack, can be very unpredictable, side special is great meteor smash,
Cons~ bad hitboxes for air attacks, trips more often than other characters, many attacks don't have low hitboxes, difficult to hit characters on the ground while in the air,
Doesnt everyone have the same trip rate?

Panta

Smash Cadet
Isn't Ness's Dair the second strongest Meteor Smash behind Ganon?

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Mk has 6 jumps. 502

How is ZSS not having a Zair a con? bad

G&W's Dair isn't like Toon Link's. If you miss you can jump or Up B after it finishes and if you press down he'll fall slower. Uhm, short hopping is really easy...? gateway

Tesh

Smash Hero
Ness is only strongest when under like 26% if i recall.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Mk has 6 jumps. 502

How is ZSS not having a Zair a con? bad

G&W's Dair isn't like Toon Link's. If you miss you can jump or Up B after it finishes and if you press down he'll fall slower. Uhm, short hopping is really easy...? gateway
ZSS not having Zair is a con because all the other characters with long grab do have it, and ZSS has the worst grab out of all of them.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Yes, but they make up for it with less lag in their grab.
ZSS has the second best grab range in the game. Ivysaur's grab is laggy and it doesn't have very much range for a tether (only slightly more than D3's). Yoshi's grab is also a little laggy, especially his dash grab.

I don't think less lag makes up for a much shorter grab range and lack of a Zair, but kay.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
ZSS has the second best grab range in the game. Ivysaur's grab is laggy and it doesn't have very much range for a tether (only slightly more than D3's). Yoshi's grab is also a little laggy, especially his dash grab.

I don't think less lag makes up for a much shorter grab range and lack of a Zair, but kay.
ZSS has the best grab range I thought. I'll add that con to yoshi and ivysaur too.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Olimar has the best with a certain color Pikmin, I think Blue. Then ZSS and Olimar's yellow or red pikmin is tied for second longest iirc. I think "laggy grab" would suffice. Not having a Zair doesn't really qualify as a con IMO.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
ZSS has the best grab range I thought. I'll add that con to yoshi and ivysaur too.
If you add no Zair to the cons for ZSS, you should add it to MK, DK, Diddy, Dedede, Marth, Ike, Zelda, etc. A laggy grab is a laggy grab. That's a con of its own. It has nothing to do with the presence or absence of a Zair.

DarkChronosColdsteel

Smash Rookie
Pros~ Gliding, fast attacks, 6 jumps, unpredictable recovery, can avoid being KO'd for a long time, has no disadvantage match ups, fastest shield roll, can glide twice,
Cons~ Slow in air, special moves put him in a bad condition if he's off stage
IMO, the Shuttle Loop doesnt leave you on a bad condition at all ._.

FireFly

Smash Lord
No one mentioned one of the cons of Wario is that he gets grab released pretty badly by most of the cast and like almost all of the top tiers? Really guys?

RaqTasmeneth

Smash Apprentice
May I recommend these additions...

MK~Pro: Very high priority on attacks

Peach~Con: (Very) Poor Airdodge

As for T.Link, I dont recall him having issues killing? And shouldnt thunder follow-up kills be a Pro for Chu?

FOUREYES

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi's pivot grab is ****ing amazing. If yoshi didn't have it he'd be crap tier.
Yoshi is crap tier...

Diddy's horizontal recovery is fine

I wouldn't say Snake has a TON of good KO moves, he just has one incredibly broken one

Olimar:
Pro - Amazing Ground Control

Javon89

Smash Ace
Mario- Pro: Good ability to gimp, Fsmash has good range when stutter stepped, Up-B is a good OoS option

Con: Terrible Range (Bair is decent though), d-tilt useless, FLUDD has limited uses, low kill power

FOUREYES

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu

Con: Strategies rely a lot on projectiles.
Not true. Pikachu has a lot of approach options, and doesn't have to rely on camping. Also, being a campy character isn't really a disadvantage in this game...

EDIT: Wow there is a lot wrong with pikachu

Pikachu:

Pros - Small size, good projectiles, great mobility, chain grabs, excellent recovery, many approach options.

Cons - Easy to KO, has limited and somewhat predictable kill options, lacks range on many attacks

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Ganon:

Cons

Wizkick and Dark dive are unsafe on hit until 50% and 200%, respectively.
Only character whose get-up attack can be ducked under by Snake and consequently punished.

Pros

Women lust for you.
The sadistically ecstatic feeling when you stare directly at their opponent and can smell their most primal fears, as if their very essence is being osmosed through their eyes.
Knowing you own the soul of everyone you defeat.
Muscle growth is increased 666^666.
You never <actually> lose.
Guaranteed Warlock Punch on Squirtle.

Segastorm

Smash Apprentice
can we get started my basing these on more actual smash facts?

Olimar

Con: Is possible to destroy many forms of his offensive power and is possible to make moderately ranged recovery impossible for him.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Ugh Pits attacks aren't weak lol.
Pros: amazing projectile, choice of 3 hit jab combo or infinite jab, TWO reflectors, 4 jumps glide AND an amazing up b?, great planking game

Cons: slow aerial movement, running dash animation unlike metaknight and charizards, laggy aerials, hard to land best kill move. Only char that's useless if he gets hit while using up b

:phone:

FOUREYES

Smash Journeyman
can we get started my basing these on more actual smash facts?

Olimar

Con: Is possible to destroy many forms of his offensive power and is possible to make moderately ranged recovery impossible for him.
Getting pikmin killed isn't really much of a con, it's pretty hard to make a good olimar go nolimar.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Okay I'm done.

HA.

I lied.

Oh my god, too good.
Charizard's glide being a PRO.
PT being generalized as having a bad recovery all around, not quite sure when Charizard's recovery became bad but HEY you're obviously an expert on this.
So much stuff. Bookmarked for sure.

Oh my god Jigglypuff killing early this thread is killing me.

Pit being easily gimped XD

Wario having the best air dodge (METAKNIGHT has the best airdodge ftr, 2-29 /39 vs 3-29 / 39.

Luigi- Very difficult to use his KO moves.

Okay, I now know this is a troll post.
Actually, PT's recovery is really bad in general.

Squirtle's doesn't go far enough, Ivysaur's is Ivysaur's and Charizard's is basically Marth's but slower with some super armor frames and hardly any knockback during most of the attack.

arp12

Smash Rookie
For Ness's pros, it is his back throw that kills, not his up throw.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Puff
Pros: 2nd fastest airspeed, one of the best recoveries in the game, good grab, good aerial game, good follow ups, great edgeguarding
Cons: Lightweight, lacks a safe or easy to land killmove, many of her moves are useless, slowest ground speed in the game, worst ground game, terrible throws, several unwinnable matchups.

Top Bottom