• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prophet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-major

Smash Champion
That is hard to believe. But it seems it could be possible. I mean they aren't insane predictions.
there not insane. most of the stuff, like Ganondorf returning and Zelda being able to turn into Sheik, is pretty much a given to begin with, and isn't that hard to say with a strait face. he probably said those things because the chances of them being true are so great that he would look better when they are announced. the Wolf thing was probably said to provoke Krystal fans, as was the Mewtwo thing (because theres NO WAY that Mewtwo is leaving. thats a fact.) and I'm not even going to go into the Ness part, because it's obvious that he made that part up.

seriously, it just a REALLY lucky guess. nothing more. for one, the chances that that random person just happens to have some "inside info" is too ridiculous for any normal person to believe. second, coming up with an idea for an item like that isn't that hard. he was probably playing Air Ride, and saw the Dragoon pieces, and randomly thought "oh snap! that should be a Brawl item!" and then thought of a logical way for it to work.

anyways, I'm done here; see ya, bois

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
Convincing as this is, everyone will just have to wait and see. The man's given good reason to believe him, but no empirical proof, low detail, etc, etc. It's exciting to see a probable leak, but until someone can produce something solid on the rest of his claims, we'll have to wait. Instead of bickering over character popularity for proof, a good, reasonable course of action would be to get a hold of this guy and find out if there's anything else he can give us, as it's been quite some time since his "prophecy" was made anyways. I'm going to see what I can do in that regard.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
I disagree with everything there.

LUCAS is the Ness clone.
Lucario<Mewtwo
Krystal over Wolf, and maybe Falco if he's still a clone.
This is still only a rumor, Sakurai hasn't confirmed any of this.
Ok, first of all, Lucario<<<<<<<<Mewtwo.

And 4 starfox chars is way too many.

This is still only a rumor, Sakurai hasn't confirmed any of this.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/item14.html

I find it very hard to believe he just guessed Dragoon. Its true. Get over it. The only reason it could be false is if the guy that gave him the info told him that and some of it was lies.

BraveDave88

Smash Apprentice
I usually take anything that comes from the forums of Gamefaqs or Gamespot with a hefty grain of salt. You'll really never find a more wretched hive of gaming scum and villainy anywhere else. Yes friends, we must be cautious. But I really can't find a reason to go all Pheonix Wright on him just yet, as much as I'm wracking my brains to do so.

Here's my thoughts and opinions on the rumors.

He said Wolf was in the game. (I don't even like Wolf, so I don't care.)

Okay, so Wolf. With an added emphasis on Video Game villains, and Max Headroom era Andross confirmed as an assist trophy, Wolf really is the most logical choice for a Star Fox villain. "But Dave, what about Fox's Wolf-like alternate costume?" You may ask. My response: "What?" indeed.

Falco is returning.

Previously top tier character popular with the fans and part of a franchise still running strong. Easy call, safe bet. But as somebody else pointed out, that brings the number of Star Fox reps to three. Are they due three reps? Possibly so.

Ganondorf is returning.

I'd say this is the safest of all safe bets you could ever make, and I don't say that just as a Ganondorf main. No way in Helsinki is the Zelda franchise losing a rep and no way the King of Evil is being replaced by another rep, even a Twilight Princess one. That'd be like taking Bowser out in favor of Grodus or Count Bleck (as awesome a Brawler as Bleck would be).

Captain Falcon is returning.

Yet again, another safe bet. Captain Falcon was basically the WTF character (alongside Ness) in SB64, but has since become an icon of the Smash Bros. franchise. A universe without the Falcon Paaawnch! in Smash scarcely bares thinking about. The F-Zero franchise, sadly, is nowhere near as well known as Kirby, Star Fox, and Zelda. So only having one rep and one assist trophy (I can hear your grumbling, Samurai Goroh fans, yes I wanted him in too) while a series like Star Fox gets three, I think is entirely feasible.

Now, the next three is where things start to go downhill in my opinion...

Lucario is taking Mewtwo's Place.

The Pokemon series getting another rep from the latest generation to advertise it, yes, I can see that. That rep replacing Mewtwo, no, I cannot see that happening. Mewtwo doesn't just represent the first generation, he represents Legendaries. I could've fully understood Deoxys replacing Mewtwo, but it got Assist Trophy'd fairly early on. Yeah, Mewtwo sucks in Melee, but I think that was a result of the game being rushed, it is in no way an indication of his true abilities. I think if Mew's clone got another chance, he'd turn into something truly amazing.

Ness is returning.

Somebody really threw a nasty monkey-wrench in the rumor mill here. With "Up until now", the obvious trend towards Mother 3 (Lucas, New Pork City, Duster AT) , backed up by general consensus all pointing towards Ness's removal, this seems too far fetched. I say this as someone who dearly loves Earthbound and Ness.

Zelda can turn into Sheik.

Okay, I'm not going to be anything but brutally honest: I hate Sheik in Melee. If you've read Wiseguy's Brawl predictions thread, I agree with everything he says. I'm going to try my best to be objective here. On one hand we have her as an established character in the series, very popular with fans and widely used. On the other, we have Twilight Princess Zelda, who most certainly doesn't go for the Ninja look in the game. I'm thinking this could go either way at this point, so I don't dispute the rumor.

(I think we can skip the Dragoon, but only because we already know about it, I do not reduce it's importance to his credibility)

Oh and Final Destination is back.

Uh-huh. Who really thought it wasn't coming back?

C3CC

Smash Lord
This HAS to be a fake! Mewtwo can't be replaced by Lucario! I want him in but not taking Mewtwo out!

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
This HAS to be a fake! Mewtwo can't be replaced by Lucario! I want him in but not taking Mewtwo out!
If anything Lucario took Pichu's place
But PKMN has tons of reps: PT, Pikachu, Jiggs(yes it was confirmed) and people are sure mewtwo and Lucario are coming so thats 4or 5 right their( not including PT three PKMN seperate) and still more to come

Black/Light

Smash Master
Ugh just because he gets one thing right doesn't mean he's a prophet. He's no better than Nya.
Correct. Nya "predicted" everything around Sonic's reveal. From him being shown in a trailer at that event to him being updated on the site that night and I think he also said brawl would be at e 4 all and Sonic would be a PC there.

At the time it seemed like a "prophet" level prediction because it was soo detailed and things happened exactly as he said. But soon after it became clear that it was all some lucky guesses and after that none of his other predictions came true such as MM being confirmed on his B-Day and Olmar being a new-comer for Dec.

The Dragoon item works exactly like it does in the Kirby game so I wouldn't put it past someone to guess it would do this in brawl. Really, I wont believe someone just cause they did one detailed prediction that came true.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Correct. Nya "predicted" everything around Sonic's reveal. From him being shown in a trailer at that event to him being updated on the site that night and I think he also said brawl would be at e 4 all and Sonic would be a PC there.

At the time it seemed like a "prophet" level prediction because it was soo detailed and things happened exactly as he said. But soon after it became clear that it was all some lucky guesses and after that none of his other predictions came true such as MM being confirmed on his B-Day and Olmar being a new-comer for Dec.

The Dragoon item works exactly like it does in the Kirby game so I wouldn't put it past someone to guess it would do this in brawl. Really, I wont believe someone just cause they did one detailed prediction that came true.
All the proof you need right there:)

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
Just so you know, "Chaos Zero" has commented on gamefaqs, if he really is the one who did the predictions. Unfortunately, we can't expect much more out of him judging by what's said.

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40411864&page=27

ChaosZero said:
Uh. Hi everyone. I'm your "prophet."

I made that post a long time ago. Not only did I get modded....TWICE....since I contested my post that (by the way, not only did not break any "trolling" rules," was CORRECT (so far)" I lost the ability to contest any of my moderations for like the next 3 months or something.

Here was my post, which was upheld by the admin.

Since I was modded, it has stayed in "my deleted posts."

"Last time I made this topic, I was marked for moderation by people who were angry that I was relaying information?

Yeah, doesn't make sense right? Well uh, that's the point of a message board. So here it is again.

This is info I heard from a credible source in MY OPINION. I do not claim responsibility if it's wrong, and aim to offend no one. You may believe it if you want, or discard it as a lie or rubbish or speculation or bad information or whatever. The information isn't phenomenal, but it's what it is. And some people may appreciate it.

I'm no prophet, and I'm no troll.

If you don't like that I'm giving this info away without giving the name, social security number, and resume of the person who gave it to me, along with movies, pictures, and a signature from Sakurai -

then simply cease reading and go back and read another topic. Thank you for your cooperation:

I was told there was a stage creator before there was one. So far, this news has been correct. So check this out... According to my source: (THIS IS SIMPLY RUMOR AT THIS POINT BECAUSE I HAVE NO PROOF)

Wolf is in the game.

Falco is returning.

Ganondorf is returning.

Lucario is taking Mewtwo's Place. (place being a vague term, I don't know what exactly it means)

Ness is returning.

And there are these items called "Dragoon Parts" I did some research and apparently they're from Kirby's Air Ride. Supposedly, if you collect all three parts you can do some devastating move where you control a crosshair and do a crazy rush or something.

That's all I have, and possibly all I can get. Since it isn't confirmed, it's simply rumor. I REPEAT, I AM NOT STATING THIS AS FACT.

I hope this makes someone happy, cuz it's all I got."

Well. Seems the guy was right. Maybe you shouldn't be so angry when a guy politely relays a rumor he heard. I honestly don't even care any more. I'm not saying anything more. Go ahead and think the rest of my stuff was made up and this was the only true fact.

I don't care.

Time will prove everything. In two months we'll all have the game and everyone can stop whining.
The man who made the prediction, if it actually was him, isn't even sure himself. He's got some credit, I suppose, but just goes to show nothing is certain.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
and if anything a "prophet" wouldn't be for a video game, It'd be for somthing like the end of the world. Get real people it's a lucky guess.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Stop lying. The Dragoon is made of three pieces in KAR, and that's where the similarity ends. No crosshairs or super-attacks (infact the Hydra is stronger.)

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Stop lying. The Dragoon is made of three pieces in KAR, and that's where the similarity ends. No crosshairs or super-attacks (infact the Hydra is stronger.)
Well it could be considered a super attack seeing as how it was described in the update

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
The way I see it, he DOES have insider info. However, the Dragoon is all the info he was given. He added the obvious things (CF returning, Final Destination) to add even more to his credibility, and added some lies (Ness returning, Wolf playable, although that might be true) because people would believe him. The only prediction I'm not sure of is Lucario replacing Mewtwo. He could just be taking that fact from Serebii of serebii.net, whom has been quoted saying that (Keep in mind Serebii DOES get insider info)

So I'm not believing him until all of his 'predictions' come true.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Lucas took his famed bat, I think Ness is really out unlees they are clones, and from what it seems, clones have been eliminated
Lucas DID NOT take Ness's bat. It was a stick

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
ChaosZero said:
Uh. Hi everyone. I'm your "prophet."

I made that post a long time ago. Not only did I get modded....TWICE....since I contested my post that (by the way, not only did not break any "trolling" rules," was CORRECT (so far)" I lost the ability to contest any of my moderations for like the next 3 months or something.

Here was my post, which was upheld by the admin.

Since I was modded, it has stayed in "my deleted posts."

"Last time I made this topic, I was marked for moderation by people who were angry that I was relaying information?

Yeah, doesn't make sense right? Well uh, that's the point of a message board. So here it is again.

This is info I heard from a credible source in MY OPINION. I do not claim responsibility if it's wrong, and aim to offend no one. You may believe it if you want, or discard it as a lie or rubbish or speculation or bad information or whatever. The information isn't phenomenal, but it's what it is. And some people may appreciate it.

I'm no prophet, and I'm no troll.

If you don't like that I'm giving this info away without giving the name, social security number, and resume of the person who gave it to me, along with movies, pictures, and a signature from Sakurai -

then simply cease reading and go back and read another topic. Thank you for your cooperation:

I was told there was a stage creator before there was one. So far, this news has been correct. So check this out... According to my source: (THIS IS SIMPLY RUMOR AT THIS POINT BECAUSE I HAVE NO PROOF)

Wolf is in the game.

Falco is returning.

Ganondorf is returning.

Lucario is taking Mewtwo's Place. (place being a vague term, I don't know what exactly it means)

Ness is returning.

And there are these items called "Dragoon Parts" I did some research and apparently they're from Kirby's Air Ride. Supposedly, if you collect all three parts you can do some devastating move where you control a crosshair and do a crazy rush or something.

That's all I have, and possibly all I can get. Since it isn't confirmed, it's simply rumor. I REPEAT, I AM NOT STATING THIS AS FACT.

I hope this makes someone happy, cuz it's all I got."

Well. Seems the guy was right. Maybe you shouldn't be so angry when a guy politely relays a rumor he heard. I honestly don't even care any more. I'm not saying anything more. Go ahead and think the rest of my stuff was made up and this was the only true fact.

I don't care.

Time will prove everything. In two months we'll all have the game and everyone can stop whining.
His source is his imaginary friend, lol JK

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
The way I see it, he DOES have insider info. However, the Dragoon is all the info he was given. He added the obvious things (CF returning, Final Destination) to add even more to his credibility, and added some lies (Ness returning, Wolf playable, although that might be true) because people would believe him. The only prediction I'm not sure of is Lucario replacing Mewtwo. He could just be taking that fact from Serebii of serebii.net, whom has been quoted saying that (Keep in mind Serebii DOES get insider info)

So I'm not believing him until all of his 'predictions' come true.
Yeah, I'm saying anyone could have researched an item from a game, and said it would be in, it just happend this guy was lucky enough to pick the right one

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
How do you know the leaf is just on the abt, or it could be attached to the enimie, or it could be a item
Here is a more clear picture. The leaf is part of the stick/branch.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Prophet: Hey guys, I'm a prophet, Mario Kart lightning item will be in brawl.
Sakurai: It's already been confirmed :ohwell:
Prophet: uhm, so I was right YAY!
Sakurai: (lets out a long sigh)

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
It seems that people are generally considering their own theories as facts, and as a result disregarding the opinions of others as dumb.

It looks like everyone has this idea that there are "no clones". Really, has that been *explicitly* said anywhere by any developer? If not, then its mostly people WANTING something to be true SO BAD, that they accept it as a reality.

Ness deconfirmed? Again- unless it comes out and says "Ness will not be in brawl" we all should stop playing language games to infer one way or another. People in general are over-emphasizing EVERYTHING. "Oh, he put a comma there, that means there is a pause. Usually, that means a breath should be taken.... Sakurai was holding his breath! Therefore, something incredible must be announced, or meant by this otherwise innocent update!"

Thirdly- if a guy predicted a stage-builder & this dragoon thing... it seems more than luck. If it is luck, I want him picking my lotto numbers.

"Stage builder was a shoe in"- yes, in retrospect it was. But, I remember countless "what do you want in Brawl" threads that had a stage builder as a desired option.

Same goes for characters; I've seen tons of people get flamed in the early goings of Brawl development for saying Sonic would be in, or ANY third party character. Funny how that turned out, huh?

So in essence- don't be all like "This isn't true, it can't be" just because it comes from a source OTHER than *your own* infinite wealth of knowledge and deductive reasoning, or because you don't WANT it to be true; either because you are against the aforementioned postulated ideas, or have voiced your opinion so vehemently to the contrary that you don't want to eat crow.

Nothing that was mentioned is implausible, and by the virtue the guy has predicted two things.... one of which NO ONE EVER THOUGHT OF to almost pinpoint accuracy- it should be given more credit than to write it off as a crazy crackpot theory.

And, as an aside- I do believe the guy has a GOOD chance to be right. Certainly better than most of us.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It seems that people are generally considering their own theories as facts, and as a result disregarding the opinions of others as dumb.

It looks like everyone has this idea that there are "no clones". Really, has that been *explicitly* said anywhere by any developer? If not, then its mostly people WANTING something to be true SO BAD, that they accept it as a reality.

Ness deconfirmed? Again- unless it comes out and says "Ness will not be in brawl" we all should stop playing language games to infer one way or another. People in general are over-emphasizing EVERYTHING. "Oh, he put a comma there, that means there is a pause. Usually, that means a breath should be taken.... Sakurai was holding his breath! Therefore, something incredible must be announced, or meant by this otherwise innocent update!"

Thirdly- if a guy predicted a stage-builder & this dragoon thing... it seems more than luck. If it is luck, I want him picking my lotto numbers.

"Stage builder was a shoe in"- yes, in retrospect it was. But, I remember countless "what do you want in Brawl" threads that had a stage builder as a desired option.

Same goes for characters; I've seen tons of people get flamed in the early goings of Brawl development for saying Sonic would be in, or ANY third party character. Funny how that turned out, huh?

So in essence- don't be all like "This isn't true, it can't be" just because it comes from a source OTHER than *your own* infinite wealth of knowledge and deductive reasoning, or because you don't WANT it to be true; either because you are against the aforementioned postulated ideas, or have voiced your opinion so vehemently to the contrary that you don't want to eat crow.

Nothing that was mentioned is implausible, and by the virtue the guy has predicted two things.... one of which NO ONE EVER THOUGHT OF to almost pinpoint accuracy- it should be given more credit than to write it off as a crazy crackpot theory.

And, as an aside- I do believe the guy has a GOOD chance to be right. Certainly better than most of us.
He didn't predict the stage builder, he predicted the Dragoon at the time of the stage builder.

and we shouldn't believe everyone that get's something right automatically. That would just be stupid.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
BTW, what kind of moves would Wolf have? I've yet to encounter Wolf in the Star Fox games.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
"He didn't predict the stage builder, he predicted the Dragoon at the time of the stage builder."

Up a few posts from that it says that his source predicted the stage builder before it was announced. Of course, this could be restrospective heresay, but- either way... applying Ocham's Razor to this, I'll side with the simplest, less involved answer that he was told beforehand.

And, after the game comes out- I am expecting to see a TON of 'I TOLD YOU SO' Threads.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332

Well, everyone is just stating their own opinion the only time when it really sounds like a fact is when they get to into the convo. but as for the Ness/Lucas thing, Wouldn't you think that Ness would've been confirmed first, because Lucas is clone of Ness otherwise. He stole his freakin b moves and ForwardSmash for pete's sake. He has a less chance than any sensible char right now

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I don't think any char from the original SSB would get just cut, they would hhave to be replaced. every original who isn't there is either unlockable or being replaced(not JIgs though she was confirmed)

smash_kid

Smash Cadet
guys, seriously...*bleah*

BTW, what kind of moves would Wolf have? I've yet to encounter Wolf in the Star Fox games.
this should probably be in a different thread. :p

"Well, everyone is just stating their own opinion the only time when it really sounds like a fact is when they get to into the convo..."
Gosh, guys, can we use our brains here? I've read the entire topic from the first page, and it really seems like we're all getting too excited/overdramatizing this.

Firstly, why is there even a debate over whether this is a "leak" or not? As many other people have been saying (although some of you don't seem to be listening), all you have to do is know how the Dragoon works in Kirby Air Ride. It looks to me like this guy was just guessing a whole crapton of stuff and happened to get something right. So why are we freaking out over this? That's probably his ultimate goal. He likely wants to get a lot of attention from his "leak".

In all honesty, you're going to see whatever you want to see (something ELSE a bunch of other people were saying that everyone seemed to miss!!). If you love Ness, Wolf, or Falcon, of course you're going to want to believe this "leak". If you like Mewtwo, you'll probably disbelieve it. Is there any way to really look at this "leak" without any sort os subjectivity? I really don't think so.

As much as I am dying for the Knee to be announced, I still don't think I can believe some guy's whims. You may say that he's far too accurate to be faking his "leak", but really the only details he'd have to know was how the Dragoon works. Then, he puts the details of how it works (along with other "leaks") and says it'll be an item. Creepy? No, lucky. If you've ever played Air Ride, you'll know that the Dragoon comes in three parts, that you have to put it together...blah, blah, blah. If he loves Air Ride, he knows how the now-item works.

I seriously doubt this guy "knows" anything about Brawl. But, you can think what you want to. Ultimately, I'm guessing he's just looking for the attention, drama, and hype everyone on this thread is giving him. :p

Agosta44

Smash Ace
this should probably be in a different thread. :p

Gosh, guys, can we use our brains here? I've read the entire topic from the first page, and it really seems like we're all getting too excited/overdramatizing this.

Firstly, why is there even a debate over whether this is a "leak" or not? As many other people have been saying (although some of you don't seem to be listening), all you have to do is know how the Dragoon works in Kirby Air Ride. It looks to me like this guy was just guessing a whole crapton of stuff and happened to get something right. So why are we freaking out over this? That's probably his ultimate goal. He likely wants to get a lot of attention from his "leak".

In all honesty, you're going to see whatever you want to see (something ELSE a bunch of other people were saying that everyone seemed to miss!!). If you love Ness, Wolf, or Falcon, of course you're going to want to believe this "leak". If you like Mewtwo, you'll probably disbelieve it. Is there any way to really look at this "leak" without any sort os subjectivity? I really don't think so.

As much as I am dying for the Knee to be announced, I still don't think I can believe some guy's whims. You may say that he's far too accurate to be faking his "leak", but really the only details he'd have to know was how the Dragoon works. Then, he puts the details of how it works (along with other "leaks") and says it'll be an item. Creepy? No, lucky. If you've ever played Air Ride, you'll know that the Dragoon comes in three parts, that you have to put it together...blah, blah, blah. If he loves Air Ride, he knows how the now-item works.

I seriously doubt this guy "knows" anything about Brawl. But, you can think what you want to. Ultimately, I'm guessing he's just looking for the attention, drama, and hype everyone on this thread is giving him. :p
Okay, explain the crosshair then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom