• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prophet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
He might be right, he might be wrong. We can't know for certain as of now. Why are we still arguing about his credibility? It won't change anything.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Unfair reps regarding Star Fox series? Seen enough of that already.

SSBM

Mario characters = 5
Samus characters = 1

Considering the Mario series atm has 3 (4 including Yoshi) characters, and the Kirby series has 3, you can expect more characters from both the Zelda and and Star Fox series. (not Midna though, pleeeeease :p)

Joka

Smash Journeyman
Okay, here is what I think.

1. Falco, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon and Ness are characters true to the series. Especially Ness. I'm a bit disappointed Lucas was revealed beforehand (that made people skeptical about Ness), but Ness is going to be in. I assure you. Just like Captain F. and Luigi are as well.

2. Wolf has been a wanted character along with Krystal, but I've been hearing more on Krystal than Wolf. What I think is that Wolf might be a boss and Krystal a PC. I don't know.

3. Lucario replacing Mewtwo. Hmmm...frankly I thought that he might replace Mewtwo if he was ever in Brawl. Of course Lucario's Aura Sphere would look the same as mewtwo's Shadow Ball. That really had nothing to do with what I'm saying. Anyway, someone mentioned Pichu. I agree, Pichu either needs to be cut or made better. Put Raichu in if neccessary! PROBABLY if Mewtwo gets replaced, he might be a boss like Rayquaza.

4. Not much but I wish there was a "prophecy" about 3rd party characters. I'm hoping Namco and Capcom are working on it. I did hear that Capcom's Megaman might be in with Rush at his side and that the voice actor of Klonoa (Namco) is VAing in a hit Nintendo Game.

Koaluffalo

Smash Rookie
I didn't read the whole eleven pages, so this might have been said, but did anyone think that perhaps his source DID tell him about the dragoon, and perhaps one or two other things, which is very possible considering how specific he described it, but it's very possible that the rest of the post was left to his own fabrication?

He did predict the dragoon, but he could have used that to make people think that the rest of his predictions are fact as well. Knowing one thing very specifically is a very powerful tool of persuasion. It is interesting to note hat the dragoon part of his post was really the only one that went into any kind of detail.

Joka

Smash Journeyman
It is interesting to note hat the dragoon part of his post was really the only one that went into any kind of detail.
Well, it's not like any other kind of item in the series. It's not a pick up and drop item. It's a technical one.

Koaluffalo

Smash Rookie
Well, it's not like any other kind of item in the series. It's not a pick up and drop item. It's a technical one.
I know, what i'm saying is that all of his other predictions were convieniently simple and without needing any sort of explination at all.

I would consider most of his other predictions to also be reasonably believable, which is also a little suspect considering how out there the dragoon is in comparison.

autobzooty

Smash Journeyman
hard to ignore that stuff, and it's not like he said anything totally ridiculous. all of those things could definitely happen.

i hope ness is back. if ice climbers are still in, i don't see why not ness. both characters only have one game and it's really old.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
That link on the first page says that he predicted Olimar too =O!
people got some info confused due to the post being back in Oct. The "Prophet" has already posted him OP from that topic back on Gfaqs. Not sure if its been posted here yet...

NDUDE

Smash Ace
The first 4 (Wolf, Falco, Ganondorf, and Captain Falcon) are pretty obvious, and so is Zelda becoming Sheik. Those are all reasonable. Ness returning is questionable considering the Lucas special move update and Sakurai's original Melee intentions. Lucario replacing Mewtwo? I'd like him in, but it's freaking MEWTWO! D:

The scary part is, though, the Dragoon thing. If this was posted right after the Stage Builder update (very late October), and the Dragoon was JUST updated, I think this guy may be on to something...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why replace Mewtwo at all?

Even if Lucario works similar...

Like Hell Ness won't be like Lucas and Falco won't be like Fox

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
It was either a lucky guess or the ONLY thing he actually got about the game, and then added the rest to seem like he was telling the truth. You notice how he threw in "I don't even like wolf" to make it seem like he was adding things based on what he like and then stopped doing that?

solrac_krad

Smash Apprentice
The dragoon info was a leak, no doubt (common, you all know it, it its pretty hard to guess that, dont come upt with the "but not imposible" statement), the rest? who knows, we´ll know later.

burrito

Smash Lord
There is simply no way that could have been a guess, but does it mean the other things he said were true? Its possible that he had one piece of leaked information and just decided to add in the other things to mess with people. The game comes out in a month, anyway, so just wait until then.

Azura

Smash Cadet
It's like a conflict of interest. ...that's not the right phrase at all, but whatever. Dragoon prediction is some crazy luck if it isn't a leak, but Ness being in is nigh impossible and Lucario replacing Mewtwo is just illogical.

Time will just have to tell.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Chaos Zero(the prophet) posts again:

ChaosZero
Posted 12/28/2007 3:39:16 PM
message detail I'm actually a psychic cyborg deity from the future. (and the past)

That's what it is.

Actually, I just know a guy who knows a guy. Like, are you seriously that angry and skeptical that NOW some of you are saying "LOL HE JUST FOUND OUT ONE INSIDER FACT AND MADE UP A BUNCH OF STUFF AROUND IT."

Get a life.

To everyone else who wants to know more, sorry but the immature jerks here ruined it. I'm glad GAMEFAQ's reputation has held up as being angry and abusive children.

What is the point of saying anything more if the stuff I've ALREADY said that has been validated is being regarded as lies?

I don't care about your internet meta-respect. This is a lot of info in and of itself. Like I said, I REALLY don't care whether you believe it or not, because it'll just be true or not as time passes.

Enjoy all of the info. Seems a 100% credible now since that crazy dragoon parts stuff came true.

And again, I'm not sure in what capacity Lucario is "replacing" Mewtwo. Maybe he's the new badass pokemon and mewtwo is still in, or maybe he's just out and out replacing him.

burrito

Smash Lord
Ness was never deconfirmed, by the way. So, him being in brawl, while being unlikely, is still possible.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
For someone with leaked info, he's actually acting more like a troll whining about how people are treating him....

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
Either it's a really creepy, pin-point accuracy prediction.

Or it's real.

Which of these choices sounds less farfetched?

I'm convinced the one that originally posted that had at least SOME real info. But wether the info about characters is real, will remain to be seen.

Think about it, if you happen to have some leaked info, and you want to post it, isn't it very easy to add some stuff of your own, just to act even cooler than you are? :p

Anyway, none of the predictions seem really farfetched to me (not even Lucario, Wolf and Ness), so I'm gonna accept this as real. But I wouldn't mind if it turned out to be fake, it doesn't hurt my ego.

There are people on these boards that are afraid to believe anything. And I wouldn't say that's stupid. But if there's ever a time to believe a prediction, it's certainly this time.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Let's take a quick look at the facts, in pro/con format.
+He's humble. Most predictors with inside info are certainly not humble, sometimes even arrogant.
+He doesn't want you to believe it if you don't want to believe it. Many predictors flaunt their past predictions that turned out to be true (predicting the exact date of something, etc.).
+The character confirmations don't necessarily mean PC, they could be AT's or something else (stickers, etc.)
-He could've been simply lucky and he was his own source (Counterpoint: Why would this respectful person want to mislead people? He's makes it obvious he's not trying to convince you of something you don't want to believe.)
-His source is lucky. This is entirely possible. If it turned out that another unlikely thing were confirmed (Ness/Wolf/etc. being in) then someone might've remembered his post as well. It was vague, after all.
-His informant may have given him only the name of the item. (Still, why would he want to mislead if he's not even trying to convince?)

The most controversial line, Lucario replacing Mewtwo could mean a lot of things. It could mean Lucario is the character you have to play 24 hours of vs. mode or 800 matches to unlock.

Azura

Smash Cadet
Oh dear, the hippo's been unbanned again.

He posted the info in October. A large amount of people saw the topic back then and are validating its prior existence by posting about it now - something like this can't be staged.

Edit: just for clarification, I don't mean to suggest that he's been directly unbanned, rather that his latest ban ran out.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
The truth is... predicting that complex item is very hard. so i believe in him and his leaked info.

Yo have to know: there are some beta testers with embargo. Leaking isn't that easy... -_-U

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
so he was correct about the dragoon bit... it is possible, but most likely just blind luck on the air ride part. we can thank him on the 24th if he was right or not. btw, Ness' return is still that unbelievable? PSI rockin' will be an awesome Final Smash, deal with it.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
I love how people are pissed off and still attack people who have brought us leaked info. I ****ing hate pre-pubesant boys...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I love how people are pissed off and still attack people who have brought us leaked info. I ****ing hate pre-pubesant boys...
Your believing this person without question...that is just plain stupid

Frogla

Smash Ace
I wonder why we cant wait for two freaking weeks instead of attacking eachother over this.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Your believing this person without question...that is just plain stupid
I believe him because of the dragoon.

Not ONLY did he tell us how it would be formed, he went into detail of the 1st person crosshair.

Now tell me this, have you ever played Air ride? I played it about a week ago with my little brother, and in NO WAY is there a crosshair.

Either A:

Unbelievable luck. Better than guessing G and W as the WTF character for (Melee), seeing how in depth his claim was.

Or B:

Completely legit.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I believe him because of the dragoon.

Not ONLY did he tell us how it would be formed, he went into detail of the 1st person crosshair.

Now tell me this, have you ever played Air ride? I played it about a week ago with my little brother, and in NO WAY is there a crosshair.

Either A:

Unbelievable luck. Better than guessing G and W as the WTF character for brawl, seeing how in depth his claim was.

Or B:

Completely legit.
Or he did get some leaked info somehow and is making the rest of the crap up like trolls have done in the past

Tobi-

Smash Ace
And I hate gullible people who don't have a mind of their own and can't distinguish real from fake. That just tells me anyone can brain wash youl, and you just follow what everyone else does. Yes, because knowing leaked info 2 weeks ahead makes it so much better.

It's like saying " Shut up, and believe everything he tells you. It doesn't matter if he doesn't have reasons, or evidence, because he's the prophet you and MUST believe him.

Yea you go ahead and do that. The rest of us can wait until Jan.24th for the actual 100% real information. Anywho, When Jan.24th DOES come, it's going to prove every theory/speculation either true or false, so you'll be waiting for that day regardless. Knowing leaked info 1 week or 2 weeks in advance benefits you in no way, except saying " Oh, I knew that 2 weeks in advance! Weee!! Good for you.

Same with people who went to E for All. They knew how the gameplay was days before everyone else did and told us everything. And later the Dojo updated with the same information they gave us. Because of that, we had endure nearly a month of old information, thanks to the leakage.

So what did it do? Just causes more speculation, threads, and spam.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
I think the big question is, will these characters be playable?

In the Lucas updates, Sakurai mentions Ness four times.
"Is it possible that he can even surpass Ness?"
"There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar."
"This is also quite different from Ness’s."
"This move absorbs the energy of projectile and other attacks and uses it to recover Lucas’s damage. It has a wide range of effectiveness, so give it a try when you get the chance."
The first makes it sound that Ness will be in the game. How can a characters from different games surpass another?
The second could imply that Brawl is included in "up until now", or that he means the released Smash games.
The third implies that Ness is in (since clones should be different).
The last quote confirms it. For Sakurai to make a reference as subtle as this, it means he is in for sure.

Dokuro

Smash Ace
Haha, wow, that Dragoon prediction was right on the money. Seems kinda legit, but I'm still skeptical. He could've just made everything else up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom