• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prophet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Not only do I think of Mewtwo's replacement as possible, but I also think of it as beneficial. I happen to like Mewtwo, but he's just not a good fighter, whereas Lucario definitely would be. Make him an assist trophy and move on. There's no need to take up that roster space when only a miniscule amount of people actually like using the character.
Wow, wow, wow... wait a minute. What did you just say? Mewtwo's not a good fighter? Do you even play Pokemon games? No need to take up roster space? I'm sorry to tell you, but Mewtwo's probably the best to represent the Pokemon franchise. Assist Trophy.. oh god, no.
And let me tell you this: Mewtwo's only used by a few people, because he just sucks in Melee. He's the worst on the tier list. What if he'd be on the top? Very very many people would use him. Like Fox, Falco, Marth... it all depends on how good the character is, because people want a higher chance to win.
You can't just take Mewtwo out and replace him by a stupid new Pokemon, that's not even strong. Just because of a movie? Well, Mewtwo had even more than one movie where he was the main Pokemon. He's just badass with cool psychic powers, and is one of the strongest Pokemon in existance.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
There is another possibility, and that's that the prophet was only leaked the surprisingly accurate bit about the Dragoon. Armed with this information he could have free reign to predict whatever he wished, knowing that his most far-fetched prediction would come true.

PITforREV

Smash Journeyman
, this isn't the first time we've had people say things like that and have them come true relatively soon. .

Ok, I heard bluewave and thats all good adn great, but hteres a big difference between their predictions, there really is, to be able to predict the dragoon is simply unbelieveable....BTW where are all these other prophets that have made specific claims such as this........who are they adn what did they claim.? thank you

00Elf

Smash Journeyman
In three weeks we'll know

Of course, it's entirely possible that the guy got this one bit of information, and then inserted all of his own wishes into it.

I've seen too many rumors go unsatisfied. I'm done with stuff like this.

EPX2

Smash Ace
Not only do I think of Mewtwo's replacement as possible, but I also think of it as beneficial. I happen to like Mewtwo, but he's just not a good fighter, whereas Lucario definitely would be. Make him an assist trophy and move on. There's no need to take up that roster space when only a miniscule amount of people actually like using the character.
... you're joking, right? Because Sakurai's team majorly fumbled when they were designing Mewtwo in Melee, he shouldn't return in Brawl? That is absolutely ridiculous. You don't get rid of something that's broken when its repairable, you fix it. You'd actually rather they get rid of a character who has the potential to be good than have them fix the character and *gasp* be more attractive to players? With that sort of mindset, characters like Link, Samus, Ness, Kirby, Mr. Game & Watch, Bowser, and so on wouldn't have even been considered for Brawl.

Ok, I heard bluewave and thats all good adn great, but hteres a big difference between their predictions, there really is, to be able to predict the dragoon is simply unbelieveable....BTW where are all these other prophets that have made specific claims such as this........who are they adn what did they claim.? thank you
What difference is there? Both people made extremely specific predictions and they came true. Also, do a few searches on the forums for "PuroresuGrande" for his predictions. As for the other "prophets", I don't have any links readily available, but you can easily find them yourselves. Just do a search for "prophet."

EPX2

Smash Ace
Of course, it's entirely possible that the guy got this one bit of information, and then inserted all of his own wishes into it.
Very true, and what I think to be the case. I feel his claim was waaaay too specific to have been a lucky guess, but I'm doubting the veracity of these other claims.

UltimateShinigami

Smash Journeyman
Currently in da StL, but home in Ft Lauderdale eve
There is another possibility, and that's that the prophet was only leaked the surprisingly accurate bit about the Dragoon. Armed with this information he could have free reign to predict whatever he wished, knowing that his most far-fetched prediction would come true.
I agree with that. No doubt the guy had inside info on Dragoon, so drop it, that was not a guess, but I do also believe that Sakurai will not omit any of the O.G.'s of smash which makes falcon and ness obvious (although I was kinda thrown off by that update, not gonna lie). After that, I think he just figured "once Gragoon is confirmed they'll be eating out of the palm of my hand"and then he just sat back and waited. Only thing he didn't count on is that we still aren't so easily eating out of his hand

TehCadenzilla

Smash Apprentice
If this dude is right i shall love him. I mean now i won't have to wait these dreaded two weeks to find out if wolf is in. And that also means krystal probably won't be in! YES!

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Predicting Dragoon is one thing... but to give details and the cross hair is an impossible prediction... I'm sure when people hear dragoon they would first think it would have a similar effect as warp star except more powerful... basically the Golden hammer equivalent to the normal hammer.

But this was just head on.(apply directly to the forehead)

heartless-bowser

Smash Rookie
Hmm... Why replace Mewtwo with Lucario when Pichu clearly deserves that treatment? If they put Pichu in Brawl and not Mewtwo... I'll be pissed.
Pichu was the most unpopular character in Melee! Not to mention he was a clone and a lame rip-off of the ever so popular Pikachu. Mewtwo was original, a villain, had is own moveset and wasn't a clone (well, techically he is xD, but you get me). Pichu was garbage, not a villain, and a clone that hurts himself with his own attacks. Mewtwo was clearly better than Pichu in every way, even if he is a sucky fighter.
I just can't see Mewtwo replaced with Lucario, when there is no news about Pichu whatsoever.

About the rest, well, okay, the Dragoon part was 100% accurate. So? The rest, except for Lucario and Ness, is clearly obvious.
About the Wolf part. He says he's IN the game, that can mean all sorts of things. Sticker, Trophy, AT or PC, or just background spectator, like Tom Nook and Cubone. It- isn't- stated he is a PC, at all.
Take note that Wolf was also in Melee! In the intro movie! So, yeah, I guess I've made my point.

I'm taking this with a grain of salt. Nothing official until the Dojo states otherwise!

AllanT

Smash Apprentice
wait i read this whole thread, back on page 2 i think somebody was talking about fox's hidden taunt (where he calls his friends in).

so the guy that found this secret taunt is the same guy that predicted all of this? he left because nobody believed him about the taunt? That's highly unlikely, considering he found that a couple of WEEKS after MELEE came out.

as for this "guess" of his.... well as well all know he could've actually gotten valid game information.. which seems very reasonable. it would be hard to guess about dragoon. sure, it's easy to guess gathering three pieces(thats what happens in the game), but using crosshairs for some special attack? that's hard to predict.

so my real question is, who is this guy, can we contact him, where does he get his information, and how reliable is it? i'm sure it's hard to know everything about this guy considering the post was after stage builder, but if he did get this as valuable information, there's a lot more we can get from him.

as for the characters- have you guys ever thought that maybe he had valuable dragoon info, but just made up the info about character's inclusions? it's very possible that it could happen.

:034:

Smash Hero
Yawn. People see what they want to see.

The Dragoon wasn't really a lucky guess, because what else could it have done? The item is in 3 parts, they can be picked up and knocked off, EXACTLY like in Kirby Air Ride. The crosshair thing would've been obvious, since it's supposedly a Warpstar. But it'll need a little difference, like aim. The only way to aim would've been a crosshair...

Somebody just needed to get the idea, then put two and two together.

And Lucario replacing Mewtwo is just for the laughs. Really.

peytar

Smash Journeyman
A place where no one cares about brawl but me
On gamefaqs they were saying he said something aboutb captain olimar being playable (I THINK) so yeah he said some other stuff too not covered by the first post!!

Quote The Dragoon wasn't really a lucky guess, because what else could it have done? The item is in 3 parts, they can be picked up and knocked off, EXACTLY like in Kirby Air Ride. The crosshair thing would've been obvious, since it's supposedly a Warpstar. But it'll need a little difference, like aim. The only way to aim would've been a crosshair..

1 KAR was a bad game (for sakurai apparantly) and you would think he would have avoided it like he avoided metroid prime in melee

2 this was so obscure at the time i mean who would of though of dragoon in brawl as an item when the stage creator came out

3 the cross hair is so freakin random i don't think anyone could have come up with any thing like that at such a high level of accuacy

i'm not sayig all of it was true who know he could have figured that out and then made a bunch of stuff up, it does have the most detail in it
we'll just have to see when the game comes out

UltimateShinigami

Smash Journeyman
Currently in da StL, but home in Ft Lauderdale eve

The Dragoon wasn't really a lucky guess, because what else could it have done? The item is in 3 parts, they can be picked up and knocked off, EXACTLY like in Kirby Air Ride. The crosshair thing would've been obvious, since it's supposedly a Warpstar. But it'll need a little difference, like aim. The only way to aim would've been a crosshair...

so totally true. People see what they want to see, you are no exception

Kittah4

Smash Ace

Now that's amusing. There's really no way he could have guessed about the crosshair. After all, the Dragoon is a vehicle. If he made up that it would work exactly like a warpstar, he would have probably added that the Dragoon creates a huge explosion on impact. Or, for the trouble of putting 3 pieces together, that you could drive around the stage ala super sonic. But a crosshair?

I'm going to admit I believe that the Dragoon bit was leaked. However, with one bit of information, he doesn't get a free pass to predict all of that other stuff.

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to believe with what you say. I've seen way too many prophets to start believing this guy. Also, why do they always come from gamefaqs anyways? o.o;

omiz144

Smash Apprentice
How could he possibly guess all that info with 100% accuracy?

I'm not saying the other stuff is true, but it is viable.

Honestly, with Mewtwo, PKMN Trainer, Pikachu, and Jigglypuff, that's 6 PKMN from the first generation. It only makes sense to take out Mewtwo and add Lucario. I also think that they'll take Jiggly out for a 2nd or 3rd gen PKMN, but that's just my opinion.

PITforREV

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to believe with what you say. I've seen way too many prophets to start believing this guy. Also, why do they always come from gamefaqs anyways? o.o;
Look, Im sick of people saying well he was probably only leaked the item...WHy, if soemthign were to be leaked would it be an item such as this...Its a relatively important item, yeah, but of all thinks to leak....

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Look, Im sick of people saying well he was probably only leaked the item...WHy, if soemthign were to be leaked would it be an item such as this...Its a relatively important item, yeah, but of all thinks to leak....
That's just the point. Notice how all of his other predictions are characters? Thats all anyone really cares about and wants to hear. If the only thing he was really leaked is the item, then it would stick out like a sore thumb among a sea of his other predictions. And surprise, it does.

Mzero

Smash Cadet
This is turning out like all Brawl predictions. Time told us he was right, but MORE time will tell us if he was completely right.

Frogla

Smash Ace
Ppl who don't belive him are just dennying the truth...
What is truth, only one man knows the truth. God, But other than that We can believe what we want. I could make this a debate on Christianity and how non-Christians deny the truth. When Brawl roles around who's really gonna remember or care that item as being some random dudes prediction. I personally wont care if it got leaked.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
Ppl who don't belive him are just dennying the truth...
Everything else hasn't been proven true yet. A lot of the character facts that he's giving are pretty much... well given. The only way we can know if he's telling the truth is to see how Lucario is implemented into the game.

So far, I'm on the border-line when it comes to believing him.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Honestly, Mewtwo > Jigglypuff by far. Mewtwo > all other Pokemon by far.

I'd rather have Jigglypuff out, it's not even in the anime anymore. And Mewtwo is a legend...

PITforREV

Smash Journeyman
That's just the point. Notice how all of his other predictions are characters? Thats all anyone really cares about and wants to hear. If the only thing he was really leaked is the item, then it would stick out like a sore thumb among a sea of his other predictions. And surprise, it does.
But why I ask you, was he only leaked the item? of all things?

schlepboogie

Smash Apprentice
Wow, wow, wow... wait a minute. What did you just say? Mewtwo's not a good fighter? Do you even play Pokemon games? No need to take up roster space? I'm sorry to tell you, but Mewtwo's probably the best to represent the Pokemon franchise. Assist Trophy.. oh god, no.
And let me tell you this: Mewtwo's only used by a few people, because he just sucks in Melee. He's the worst on the tier list. What if he'd be on the top? Very very many people would use him. Like Fox, Falco, Marth... it all depends on how good the character is, because people want a higher chance to win.
You can't just take Mewtwo out and replace him by a stupid new Pokemon, that's not even strong. Just because of a movie? Well, Mewtwo had even more than one movie where he was the main Pokemon. He's just badass with cool psychic powers, and is one of the strongest Pokemon in existance.

preach it brother!

amen!

Xanderous

Smash Lord
****in' strange. I don't know if I want to believe it, with Mewtwo being out, but the facts are staring me right in the face.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
But why I ask you, was he only leaked the item? of all things?
Well, put yourself in the prophet's position. You want to know something about brawl. You have some sort of contact working on the game. He says he cant tell you anything. You beg him for information, pressh im, saying just one thing would be enough. Then he tells you about a fairly obscure item and thats it. You make sure it will be updated on the dojo, and then you're good to go.

KCJ506

Smash Cadet
Seriously, to guess a vehicle from a somewhat popular game that was hated by the current producer of brawl would be turned into an item that would have to be assembled from 3 parts is so far fetched that the person who suggested it would be horribly flamed (like that guy apparently was).

Ridley22

Smash Ace
I like everything but Lucario replacing Mewtwo. Mewtwo soooo much cooler than Lucario. I mean I grew up with the first and second generation of pokemon but just stopped because
1. I got older and 2. the pokemon now are so much worse and just terrible looking compared to the older pokemon.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
He could've been told that there was a stage creator and about the Dragoon parts, but nothing else, and made up the rest. His humble tone makes it sound more believable, but could certainly be false. After all, the most convincing part, the reason why so many people believe it, is because he said the word Dragoon parts. The rest was explaining what his research showed him about them, but a dev might've slipped and said Dragoon parts, and then he faked the rest.

Also, Wolf being in the game: That could be a sticker, assistant trophy, etc.
Falco, Gannondorf, Ness returning: Could be returning as assistant trophies, cutscene-only characters or regular tropies, etc. Or Falco/Ness could be unlockable alternate costumes.
If anything is fabricated, it's Lucario taking Mewtwo's place. Now, I'm not a fan of Pokemon, and haven't been since Pokemon red/blue, but this just sounds fake for controversy.
The other things he predicted were obvious.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I want to know why sooo many "prophets" come to that pool-of-crap of a web-site? Not only can we not find his actual post seeing as they clean the un-used threads after some time, we also can't find the guy who said this.

Look at all the "prophets" from here. Nys something perdicted that whole Sonic thing but all his other perdictions have not happened.

d0c926

Smash Journeyman
Some parts i believe: Captian Falcon, Falco, G.Dorf and Zelda turn in Shiek (these are most wanted veterans to alot of people). I don't believe Ness is coming back or Mewto is replace by Lucario ( i really don't care bout Mewto so idc if it does happen).

T-major

Smash Champion
Ness is out, and Mewtwo isn't getting replaced, especially not by Lucario. if anything, they will both be in, Or Lucario won't. it's that simple.

now, I'll admit that the Dragoon thing was an EPIC guess... but thats it. a guess. a REALLY GOOD guess. if you think about it, it's not really that hard to think of an idea like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom