• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prophet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
how isn't he important? why was he in the first SSB? why is he advertised in almost every single Pokemon product?

even the anime says otherwise.

Serph

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu is universally-renowned. He may not be anything particularly special in the videogame series (aside from Yellow, which was influenced by the anime anyway), but that's the way it is. I'm fairly impartial to him, myself, but there's no arguing the fact that if Pokemon only had one representative in Smash, he'd be it.

Again, I don't see why Sakurai feels the need to axe any character. The more the merrier.

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Pikachu is universally-renowned. He may not be anything particularly special in the videogame series (aside from Yellow, which was influenced by the anime anyway), but that's the way it is. I'm fairly impartial to him, myself, but there's no arguing the fact that if Pokemon only had one representative in Smash, he'd be it.

Again, I don't see why Sakurai feels the need to axe any character. The more the merrier.
It's not like it doesn't cost development time and money to work on the game.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Prophets won't matter in 18 days time.
I feel that there will be a leak before the game's Japanese release, however, it won't be until the fourth week in January. I'm still surprised that we still have not seen the character selection screen. We have been unable to make educated guesses about the roster because we have no idea what range the total amount of characters are going to be. This, in my opinion, may prove to be Sakurai's fatal mistake, because there are many people expecting more than 40 characters. If the roster does indeed have only 35 characters, then he should have shown the real character selection screen a month ago in order to make people prepared for a roster of only 35 characters and the possibility that the selections of those characters being dull.

Proven

Smash Apprentice
Oh please, then let's not have any Brawl discussion boards, cause our opinions and posts don't matter at all to Sakurai. :rolleyes:[/sarcasm]
This is why I've stayed off of GameFAQs and starting to more and more stay off of Smashboards

By common sense, Mewtwo couldn't be replaced by Lucario, because Mewtwo is more important than Lucario, period, I don't see any reason as to why both of them can't be in and I don't think anyone sees it.
Ha, common sense. Who's common sense? Besides, who is the most recent starring pokemon? Lucario. Who's made them the most money recently? Lucario. By my common sense, Lucario is currently more important than Mewtwo.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Ha, common sense. Who's common sense? Besides, who is the most recent starring pokemon? Lucario. Who's made them the most money recently? Lucario. By my common sense, Lucario is currently more important than Mewtwo.
Ok, now It just seems like you're disagreeing to start an argument, most people here agree that Mewtwo>Lucario, Lucario will lose whatever popularity he has in no time, so replacing Mewtwo with him is a bad move, think whatever you want, I really don't give a ****,

Proven

Smash Apprentice
Ok, now It just seems like you're disagreeing to start an argument, most people here agree that Mewtwo>Lucario, Lucario will lose whatever popularity he has in no time, so replacing Mewtwo with him is a bad move, think whatever you want, I really don't give a ****,
1. Most. Not all. And here. Not necessarily over there in the minds of who's made the final decision.

2. Would it have been better if I had said Nintendo's common sense instead of mine? Mewtwo may have old timer status, but he isn't as relevant as he was in the past, and he did get his shot by getting into Melee.

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone even confirmed that what the prophet said stated that the characters were playable? I mean, he could just be talking about Wolf as an Assist Trophy or something and Lucario taking Mewtwo's place as the last unlockable Pokemon or even the ultimate Pokemon AT (though that would mean Mewtwo was going to be made an Assist Trophy at some point, and that seems strange, though I digress.
Anyway, I don't feel like looking through 60+ pages of topic, so I'm just naming stuff off the top of my head.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Too bad Nya eventually said that all of what he said wasn't true and were just guesses/lies. Much like BlueWave
Sorry to bring this back up, I'm not paranoid or second-guessing or anything, but I thought of something. Nya HAD to know somehow that Sonic was going to be revealed that day. Maybe Nya got in trouble for leaking and so told everyone it was a lie.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Falco400 said:
Too bad Nya eventually said that all of what he said wasn't true and were just guesses/lies. Much like BlueWave
Actually, she NEVER said that she was lying. She's just as much a prophet as CZ. Don't forget that she predicted another delay and 35 characters. Hopefully she'll be disproven soon, because it seems too late to have another delay.

Serph

Smash Journeyman
It's not like it doesn't cost development time and money to work on the game.
Well aside from Melee's clones and Ganondorf (who is probably too big a character to axe), Ness, Mewtwo, Marth and Game & Watch are the only characters currently in limbo (Capt. Falcon, Luigi and Jiggy are obviously returning). You can't tell me their budget wouldn't stretch to four more characters. Especially since we're already looking at a possible 30 fighters total. Maybe more.

I just think it's a complete waste to axe characters who weren't even clones in Melee. Both Mewtwo and G&W might not've been the best fighters, but they still had some good ideas, and Mewtwo in particular is very well-suited to Smash.

BlueWave

Smash Apprentice
To clarify, NyaseNya never said he/she was lying. I admitted it, but NyaseNya is still at large.l

Revven

FrankerZ
To clarify, NyaseNya never said he/she was lying. I admitted it, but NyaseNya is still at large.l
Well, with the commercials it's pretty much proven that Nya is wrong because he/she proclaimed another delay, one that would push it past Feb. 10th. The topic is locked when he/she said this but, you can easily find it if you go into his/her profile and "Find all topics made by [insert username here]". Really, Nya was just a guesser, it wasn't out there for Sonic to be at E4A... that'd be the only time to reveal him too. Keep that in mind as well.

Tingle_Stole_My_Pants

Smash Apprentice
Curious... the updates start back on Monday, so if one of these occurs by the end of the week, I'll be more inclined to believe it.

Although, I bet Mr. Sakurai wouldn't be too happy if someone is leaking info on his game...

The 'Lucario replacing Mewtwo' bit worries me. I like Mewtwo because of how unspeakably cool he is. Can Lucario keep that up in Mewtwo's stead? I only hope so.

Of course, common sense says he'll be a lot harder to KO :). But I really like Mewtwo...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Actually, she NEVER said that she was lying. She's just as much a prophet as CZ. Don't forget that she predicted another delay and 35 characters. Hopefully she'll be disproven soon, because it seems too late to have another delay.
Well, if there is another delay for the North American version, I think it will be announced before the Japanese version of Brawl is released.

Also, on a side note, there are supposed "insiders" popping up everyday on GameFAQs. The roster leak cannot come soon enough. However, Sakurai better show off the character selection screen next week, which will end the debate regarding who the starting characters are and how many hidden characters there are. Once we get the character selection screen, we can immediateley be able to prove whether NyaseNya is credible or a liar.

Tingle_Stole_My_Pants

Smash Apprentice
I just think it's a complete waste to axe characters who weren't even clones in Melee. Both Mewtwo and G&W might not've been the best fighters, but they still had some good ideas, and Mewtwo in particular is very well-suited to Smash.
Yeah... He was created to be the single most powerful pokemon in the world. He has such potential... Is he really going to step down to Lucario?

Despite how much I don't want this, the sad part is I actually believe this. It just seems so likely, you know? There's a chance it's wrong, but alot of this is just "duh, why wouldn't it happen?" With the exception of a few minor things, of course...

By the way, was your name supposed to be Seraph?

BlueWave

Smash Apprentice
Well, with the commercials it's pretty much proven that Nya is wrong because he/she proclaimed another delay, one that would push it past Feb. 10th. The topic is locked when he/she said this but, you can easily find it if you go into his/her profile and "Find all topics made by [insert username here]". Really, Nya was just a guesser, it wasn't out there for Sonic to be at E4A... that'd be the only time to reveal him too. Keep that in mind as well.
Ah, you are indeed right. I forgot that NyaseNya said there would be another delay. That's another rumor debunked.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
I still think Vatro Xu is the most believeable.

The Andy from Nintendo Wars (which brought up the question in my mind of why we haven't seen the Advance Wars AT yet. An icon reveal perhaps?) and then his subsequent clone Will (from the coming out next week DS Advance Wars: Days of Ruin) just reeks of truthiness. Why?

Because history is repeating itself.

In Melee: Marth is playable. Represents a series not covered yet. Original moveset. Roy from the Fire Emblem series is also revealed. He is added as a sort of advertisement for the upcoming GBA Fire Emblem)

In Brawl: Andy is playable. Represents a series not covered yet. Original moveset. Will from the Nintendo Wars series is also revealed. He is added as a sort of advertisement for the upcoming DS Advance Wars)

BlueWave

Smash Apprentice
Not necessarily. There could still be another delay, but I doubt it.
True, but with the way things are going, it seems we'll be on track. I don't see why there would be a delay for the US version and if there is, it'll probably be a small one.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman

The Andy from Nintendo Wars (which brought up the question in my mind of why we haven't seen the Advance Wars AT yet. An icon reveal perhaps?) and then his subsequent clone Will (from the coming out next week DS Advance Wars: Days of Ruin) just reeks of truthiness. Why?

In Melee: Marth is playable. Represents a series not covered yet. Original moveset. Roy from the Fire Emblem series is also revealed. He is added as a sort of advertisement for the upcoming GBA Fire Emblem)

In Brawl: Andy is playable. Represents a series not covered yet. Original moveset. Will from the Nintendo Wars series is also revealed. He is added as a sort of advertisement for the upcoming DS Advance Wars)
Okay. Somewhat scary.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Mario: Human
Link: Hylian
Donkey Kong: Gorilla

ZOMG! There's too many primates in Brawl! :mad:
Typical noob answer. This is the same crap people pull about swordsmen, too. Just because we historically have redundancy doesn't mean we should continue with that pattern...

I'm sick of the "prophets" saying Mewtwo isn't coming back and that Ness is, is getting really annoying, it would be really stupid to kick out Mewtwo, who's one of the most important Pokemon and the first legendary one in favor of Lucario, let alone kick Mewtwo out who has a unique moveset and keep Ness the semi clone of Lucas.

Ridiculous!
I think this is the first time I've ever agreed with you.

For the firts time, I agree with you
Ditto.

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o

I think those two have nothing to do with each other and you are simply over speculating.

Besides, they released FE for GBA only because of their popularity in Melee, otherwise the series would have never made it to America. It would be much more relistic to compare FE to a Japan only title with games still being made (unlike characters such as Lip who, to the best of my knowledge, has only appeared in one game)

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
I've obtained this information over a period of time from various sources, including magazine editors, beta testers, etc. Thought you guys might want to view it. I've been asked, however, not to reveal specific newcomer characters. That's ok with me. I've been able to collect the following information that I can reveal to you,however. I'm extremely fortunate to get all this:

-Luigi will be returning as a hidden character. He will battle using his Poltergust 3000 as one of his moves. He will have an entirely original moveset and was one of the most heavily de-cloned characters.

-Ganondorf is returning in his Twilight Princess style.

-Dixie Kong, Tamagon, Balloon Fighter, Kraid, Tails, Chibi Robo,Orbulon, Tingle, and Poo are all AT's. Blaziken is a Pokeball pokemon.

-There is a stage based off of Tetris DS, and Green Hill Zone is the Sonic stage. I've heard from one source that there will be a stage centering around

-One character cut from Melee will have a major role in Subspace Emissary.

-There is an item from Mario Galaxy calledthe Ice Flower, and whoever gets it will freeze opponents upon contact, but they cannot perform any B moves.

That's all I've got. As the game gets closer, I may be able to reveal more info, but NO NEWCOMERS. I also can't say who's been cut except for the two I've mentioned (Luigi and Ganondorf, who are both returning.) One bit of character info, though:

-The number of series that will be represented in Brawl with a characteris higher than 15. There will be represented series without characters.

Take Care,

thealmightygoat
A new one! XD If he is telling he truth, then Mewtwo must have a major role in Subspace Emissary o.O What do you guys think? (I hope this one hasn't been posted yet :O)

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
He finished the sentance: There's supposedly a stage centered around Excitebike. (I'm Van_Mundegaarde on Gamefaqs)

Smash Ace
a lot of these sound like they could have substance, but I think we all can agree to wait 19 more days and mooch off the **** (or another 17 and but it ourselves)
=2007=

Revven

FrankerZ
A new one! XD If he is telling he truth, then Mewtwo must have a major role in Subspace Emissary o.O What do you guys think? (I hope this one hasn't been posted yet :O)
Huh, that sounds pretty interesting. He confirms Tingle as an AT which goes along greatly with what we heard from Jump Festa from that one guy (forgot his name, you can find the thread I'm talking about though with all the Jump Festa info easily). He's picked out the most believable information and put it all together. Also, it coincides with Mewtwo being cut as he's the only one that would have a major role, he fits the bill nicely.

The last bit though leaves me skeptical. Also, could you link to the original topic?

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
Huh, that sounds pretty interesting. He confirms Tingle as an AT which goes along greatly with what we heard from Jump Festa from that one guy (forgot his name, you can find the thread I'm talking about though with all the Jump Festa info easily). He's picked out the most believable information and put it all together.

The last bit though leaves me skeptical. Also, could you link to the original topic?
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40599949

cswright

Smash Apprentice
he could have just picked all the believable stuff, but mewtwo cut, but a part of the storyline sounds possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom