• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

|Projectile. Defense. Guide.|

Neb

Smash Lord
Lol, that would make everything better, wouldn't it...yeah right, xD.
Its almost impossible to get sticky's in the G&W community. While Snake forums are just stupid with sticky magic.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Lets just borrow some "sticky magic" from Nappy.
Im sure he wouldnt mind!

I think you might have to PM a moderator to get a sticky :S

Neb

Smash Lord
Heheh, Nappy hasn't had a sticky yet, so, he doesn't have any magic, the poor guy.
But yeah, I think that's how it works, don't think its too hard either. Maybe that's because it was the vid thread, and we needed it badly.

Neb

Smash Lord
Nah, nothing beats Diddy's banana's, they're pretty much intangible before hitting or landing on something. Not even uair or upb affect it in any way, though, when you perform the dash attack right before coming in contact with a set banana, you can pick-it up while also following through with your attack. Just a safer way to approach, I know those banana's can be a b**ch.
Yeah, they suck, I'll look deeper into it tonight or tomorrow, though, :/.

Edit: I looked into it just now...and...;_;.
Its hard bringing this on the G&W community, lol, but, Upb can be gimped by banana's.

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, they suck, I'll look deeper into it tonight or tomorrow, though, :/.

Edit: I looked into it just now...and...;_;.
Its hard bringing this on the G&W community, lol, but, Upb can be gimped by banana's.
Seriously? Never would have guessed a banana could gimp a great recovery.

Neb

Smash Lord
Well, it can stop you just as your flung, but afterward, you can upb again and usually recover. Though that's all dependent on how far down you are. When the hitbox of upb comes in contact with the banana, it stops G&W's momentum. They should have kept Diddy out of the game, and left the banana.

I mean, if this becomes an issue against GaW, stalling could probably be implemented before returning to the stage, just to be safe.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Lets just borrow some "sticky magic" from Nappy.
Im sure he wouldnt mind!
If you meant what I think you meant by that, then I lolz'd.

An important aspect of picking up the banana is that it allows Diddy to perform a "special attack" of sorts. When there's a banana on the ground that doesn't "belong" to Diddy, he's able to run towards the banana and perform an Up-B right before reaching it, causing him to slide into the banana and slip. When this happens, the barrels from the rockets a released and become projectiles with an irregular path and deals I think 18%.

It'd be tough to test how to defend against this because of how irregular the barrels are, but it'd be good to know I guess. I haven't watched any Diddy matches, nor have I played a Diddy that uses this technique so I don't know how often it's implemented. I do know it's possible though.

ChocoboDX

Smash Cadet
Even if unnecessary, I just wanted to say thank you for this thread.
It's helped me understand G&W's game much better.

I love all of you guys.

Neb

Smash Lord
I'm sorry, :/.
But seriously, check this out.

G&W with bucket, can swallow wolfs laser shot from quite a remarkable distance.
For a visual, Wolf can be on the other side of the stage, a hair behind the arrow to the left or right of the floor diamond, and G&W can be at the the ledge, and yet still manage to soak in the blaster. That's like 3/4's of the map! Wolf just can't traverse that distance to punish during the window lag.

Once you stock three laser, you can release Panic for 42%!
You can't beat that, xD. I'd be ****ed if he abuses his blaster anymore, because two buckets is a KO!

cutter

Smash Champion
*is still annoyed nothing beats wolf's blaster*
The spacies' lasers have transcendental priority... they bypass any hitbox unless they get hit by a reflector/bucket. :)

What's amazing about the bucket though is that it's like a magnet... it has an invisible sphere that will absorb projectiles even if they aren't even close to G&W. This completely pwns Pit's arrows and arrow looping.

K 2

Smash Lord
Even if wolf uses his laser to bait out your bucket in an attempt to punish your end lag, a full bucket load is worth taking a few hits (assuming you aren't at KO %'s).

Yeah, as Cutter said, the Bucket has a huge sphere around it that absorbes projectiles above and behind G&W

Quick Question: Does absorbing stuff in your bucket count for move unstaling?

K 2

Smash Lord
haha! Nice! 3 moves get unstaled plus 1 more for pwning their faces with a bucket of pwnsauce.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
i know this. I'm still going to argue to the end that using bucket isn't practical, unless its against falco or zamus. I play two of the best wolfs there are. They don't spam laser, they use it when they know it'll hit.

Bucket is far too punishable. "Its worth the hit" at low damages. You're not going to use the bucket when your over 80 damage. Its just stupid.

Wafles

Smash Lord
Filling a bucket against a good wolf would be shocking, honestly. Wolf has too many other options and wont really use the blaster too much.

I use buckets primarily against charizard/bowser. They're not popular characters by any means, but the fire breath will fill the bucket almost instantly, which is totally worth taking a hit or two (if they can stop the fire fast enough and get to you, wont happen often).

Otherwise obviously you can use it against falco pretty easily, but otherwise I haven't found very many applications.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Nice work dude.Its always good to know stuff like this.

Oh and Pwnsauce is definitly what comes out of the bucket.

Top Bottom