• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

|Projectile. Defense. Guide.|

Neb

Smash Lord
Yeah, I tried the chute on the big wave in wifi, and your right, it doesn't work; curse that horrid lag, lol. I hate playing in wifi sometimes. But I did parachute on the lava spray, it worked from what I saw, everything was so choppy though, plus you have other players trying to hit you.

I'll probably test it again later.

And about nair, sure. Even though in my opinion up-air would be more sufficient, rather than the destructive option. You have the bonus of flinging the bomb (etc) back at the foe, or just flat out surprising them. I'll work on it today.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Yeah, the Uair is much better with bombs, but maybe Nair will surprise us and do something like wreck Nikita.
I hope!

Neb

Smash Lord
Updates
· Nair
· U-smash

@Mr. Esc
Sorry pal, fishes couldn't stop nikita's, but they can stop Ness's PKT2! Hope that suffices, :}.

napZzz

Smash Hero
If your bucket is full and think you should use it maybe..and how is the guide resourceful and yes neb and read all the posts you said to take in everything and I still dont see any point to it. I did'nt start an argument. I stated my opinion. And then YOU decided to argue with me. Dtilt is really the only thing that should be used to stop stuff and thats just common sense. everything else in here is fail. And I know g&w is light weight. You dont sit back and try to block stuff while you play him though. YOU ****ING FAIL

Neb

Smash Lord
You dont sit back and try to block stuff while you play him though. YOU ****SING FAIL
Lol, you don't get anything, everything we say, in one ear and out the other... Hegh, okay, thanks for your opinion, bug off.

gallax

Smash Hero
ok. everyone just calm down. this is a discussion forum about smash. we discuss here everything about smash. even if it does or does not prove to be useful. its just a discussion guys.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Hahaha well have fun teaching worthless info to the few people that might find this guide worthwhile neb. And I made alot of typos in my last post geez...but seriously if you want to play brawl well then right now either
a-drop most of this guides info
b-quit playing g&w

theres my last comments. Argument over.

napZzz

Smash Hero
we're good now neb? I re-read your guide a few times and I guess that alot more of it than I thought it kind of useful. I guess cancelling out some projectiles is better than using the laggy bucket for a weak attack. And you put alot of work into this, I should'nt bad mouth it :(

Neb

Smash Lord
Hmm, its okay man, I was just trying to explain it to you, but I guess you didn't understand. And yeah, we're cool, np.

IronSquirrel891

Smash Apprentice
aww, everyone is friends again.

Seriously though, thanks for the guide Neb.
It's cool sending my buddies for a loop using the gazillion ways G&W can block stuff.
Great thread.

Neb

Smash Lord
aww, everyone is friends again.

Seriously though, thanks for the guide Neb.
It's cool sending my buddies for a loop using the gazillion ways G&W can block stuff.
Great thread.
Np, man. If you have any further suggestion I'd be happy to test them out, ._.b.

samai

Smash Apprentice
Wow this has been extremely helpful with my G&W especially the duck, I always thought there was something weird about it but I could never figure out what

Neb

Smash Lord
Great! If your going to use them, make sure you have it down to the point of doing it on autopilot, I'm happy it works for you.

Mr. Game and Penguin

Smash Apprentice
Hey Neb. Remember me? Nice guide, I learned quite a few tips there (lol, "WTF? You no run?" Classic.). I look forward to your other threads. This should be stickied.

Neb

Smash Lord
Hey Neb. Remember me? Nice guide, I learned quite a few tips there (lol, "WTF? You no run?" Classic.). I look forward to your other threads. This should be stickied.
Yeah, I remember yuh. Lol, thanks, and I'd like it to be stickied, but its not really my decision. Hope the guides working for you, ^^b.

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure this guide will come in handy, as there's no fun in having a full bucket with a near broken shield and not knowing how to counter/ approach against spammers. Very useful info Neb. Maybe I'll start playin G&W more often now lol.

Neb

Smash Lord
I'm sure this guide will come in handy, as there's no fun in having a full bucket with a near broken shield and not knowing how to counter/ approach against spammers. Very useful info Neb. Maybe I'll start playin G&W more often now lol.
Thanks, and that was the whole intention :). A makeshift defense when the buckets full, use wisely!

Dpete

Carnifex
3DS FC
0834-1794-6801
I don't think you included Kirby's Up-B projectile in any of your research. Not that it is really that much of a threat...

Neb

Smash Lord
If its not listed, that means it can't be canceled. So yeah, none of G&W's moves can negate Kirby's Up-b, :/.

Dpete

Carnifex
3DS FC
0834-1794-6801
Ah okay, sorry for questioning you ;). I just knew some Kirby's may try to get spammy with their Up-B.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Well thats why we have the bucket ;D
I have to say, Neb, that this guide looks quite professional. I think you should request a sticky sometime soon!

Neb

Smash Lord
Heh, exactly, and when thats full, pull out your shield.
Oh and thanks bud, I guess I really should start requesting if its been as useful as I think it has.
^^b.

cutter

Smash Champion
Hey Neb just to clear up things on the Up B, G&W has invincibility frames on the start of his Up B (approx 1/3 of the way on his jump); there are no SA frames on the move at all.

Neb

Smash Lord
Yeah, I know, I just haven't updated some things in awhile, I'm working on it. And I was referring to the point where he's flung up, and acts like a projectile. The initially attack broke through a lot of things, while also keeping its momentum, so I originally thought maybe it had SA frames. But I figured out that was just a misconception awhile back.

Neb

Smash Lord
GW cant reflect diddys banana's with anything?
Nah, nothing beats Diddy's banana's, they're pretty much intangible before hitting or landing on something. Not even uair or upb affect it in any way, though, when you perform the dash attack right before coming in contact with a set banana, you can pick-it up while also following through with your attack. Just a safer way to approach, I know those banana's can be a b**ch.

samai

Smash Apprentice
I noticed that the landing lag on G&W's fair can duck under some projectiles :)

Neb

Smash Lord
Lol, why thank you, :). I think I might work on something so our guides (etc), aren't forgotten under new topics.

Top Bottom