• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project X Zone 2: Brave New World

BlueBirdE

Smash Journeyman
Saw a trailer showing Sigma in it. Glad to finally see him after so long im curious about his role in this game

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Here we go:

Shops are back from Namco X Capcom, as is Sylphie from Capcom's Forgotten Worlds. Not shown if she's playable, but she acted as both a shopkeep and ally in NXC so maybe...

Skill Upgrades
You can upgrade individual skills with the "CP" (Customization Points) you get after a battle.

Auto Skills
These have to be obtained and equipped into slots. Probably similar to Final Fantasy IX.

There is also a new villain that's a bunny and a blue haired girl I cannot identify:

Wait, the blur haired girl is Miyuki from the old Namco game Ordyne. She's also a shop keeper.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201508/20086090.html#page02

Last edited:

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Sheath has been revealed to be from the North American branch of Ouma, the organisation that Saya works for. I would say that it's likely that Ouma will play a bigger role in this game, and the details of why they do what they do will be revealed (Hell, we might even see the organisation's true leader as the main antagonist). It could be that this will conclude the Namco crossover saga, and then Ouma's universe-screwing shenanigans that have been occurring over the course of the series will be undone.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Well, we are getting new information within this month since Namco will be present at the TGS event. Hoping we get at least a new trailer and some new character pairings and solo units there.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Sheath has been revealed to be from the North American branch of Ouma, the organisation that Saya works for. I would say that it's likely that Ouma will play a bigger role in this game, and the details of why they do what they do will be revealed (Hell, we might even see the organisation's true leader as the main antagonist). It could be that this will conclude the Namco crossover saga, and then Ouma's universe-screwing shenanigans that have been occurring over the course of the series will be undone.

Maybe. The Japanese collector's edition says "10 YEARS OF NAMCO X CAPCOM" on it so they sure do want to celebrate.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Maybe. The Japanese collector's edition says "10 YEARS OF NAMCO X CAPCOM" on it so they sure do want to celebrate.
Also, there's the game's subtitle; Brave New World. I think that was the name of the theme from Namco X Capcom.

When you think about it, Ouma and Saya have probably been the real villains all along, but just haven't played big roles in the games as baddies post Namco X Capcom. The only reason why Saya teamed up with the heroes is because Due, Drei and Ein were using her soldiers without permission, wasn't it (and because she's pretty popular and stuff)? I think it would be cool if they were doing more villainous plans off screen and behind the scenes.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Also, there's the game's subtitle; Brave New World. I think that was the name of the theme from Namco X Capcom.

When you think about it, Ouma and Saya have probably been the real villains all along, but just haven't played big roles in the games as baddies post Namco X Capcom. The only reason why Saya teamed up with the heroes is because Due, Drei and Ein were using her soldiers without permission, wasn't it (and because she's pretty popular and stuff)? I think it would be cool if they were doing more villainous plans off screen and behind the scenes.
Yeah, it is. Seems they dropped the subtitle outside of Japan, though. Plus with Reiji and Xiaomu taking the spotlight again, chances are Shinra and Ouma are gonna take some big roles again.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Have some new info. I'll update with specifics later.

Captain Commando
Heihachi
June William

And...
Segata...uh...Sanshiro...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Look at my avatar.

That's who's gonna be in the game next.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
There's no confirmation or any real information, but I'm assuming everyone announced today is a solo assist. Everyone is saying that the blog says Sanshiro is a solo, but I haven't read anything about everyone else.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
This thread is pretty much the only reason I continue to go on this site, unless there's big news relating to the actual games. The Smash Bros discussions all bore me to tears.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Segata makes to an official videogame once again before Reggie. I'm amazed.

Still, kinda lame they all Solo but again, I presume this is due fanservice over making up for the lack of moves. Ah well, at least I can see why Ogami and Sakura ain't in the same team.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
This thread is pretty much the only reason I continue to go on this site, unless there's big news relating to the actual games. The Smash Bros discussions all bore me to tears.
>On a board dedicated to Smash Bros
>Bored to tears by and only find interest non-Smash Bros topics

This confuses me.

Probably. Would like to see Devillote come back as well.
True. I just want more Jin love considering his series hasn't been referenced since Marvel vs Capcom

dezeray112

Smash Hero
From what I read, the second page lists the solos that has been announced and the villains on top which has yet to be seen.

That first pic in the second page's top looks a lot like Baby Bonnie Hood, honestly.
I thought one of them looked like Sigma.

Anyways, about my earlier post on Time Crisis reps, I think one view had changed a bit based on what I saw from Time Crisis 5.

It turned out that the guy who took the briefcase was indeed Keith Martin (an agent from Time Crisis 2), he was tracking and hunting down the traitor, who surprisingly turned out to be Robert Baxter.

So, based on this, this is how it would look like if they were in Project X Zone 2:

Pair Units: Luke O'Neil & Marc Goddart
Solo Unit: Keith Martin
Villain Unit: Robert Baxter

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
>On a board dedicated to Smash Bros
>Bored to tears by and only find interest non-Smash Bros topics

This confuses me.

True. I just want more Jin love considering his series hasn't been referenced since Marvel vs Capcom
It is pretty ironic, but there aren't many forums that cover this game imparticular. I still like the Smash Bros news topics of course and some of the cool stuff on the home page, but as for all of the 'This character should get in over that character because otherwise it would be a waste of a slot' stuff which basically covers around 70% of this website, I can't be bothered with that.

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Vashyron and Zagi. shdhsbhdghhs~~ <3

Captain Commando, Heihachi, no, all of them look pretty badass. We definitely want more characters though, don't we?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
BIG BAD HOODIE IS IN THE HOUSE. I CALLED IT. :demon::demon::demon::demon:

Also big hoorays for Resonance of Fate-crew popping back in!

I find it really weird how Bonnie Hood seems to be having the robot dudes from Side Arms, BTW. She gonna be a Rival Unit?

EDIT:

Woah, they went there.

They actually went there.

Poor Ichiro.

Last edited:

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
I find the extreme art-style clash to be one of the best elements of the game. Seeing a character with a realistically proportioned design like Segata or Bruce Wi- *ahem*, I mean, 'Bruno Dellinger' standing next to a character with an anime-esque design like Sakura or Gemini is so surreal.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
'Segata Sanshiro' will make an appearance on the Bandai Namco stage at TGS when they get to talk about PxZ2, according to Gematsu's schedules.

EDIT:

Woah, they went there.

They actually went there.

Poor Ichiro.
Fire Emblem-like support conversations confirmed?

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
'Segata Sanshiro' will make an appearance on the Bandai Namco stage at TGS when they get to talk about PxZ2, according to Gematsu's schedules.
Duuude. :4dedede::4dedede::4dedede::4dedede::4dedede::4dedede::4dedede::4dedede:

Fire Emblem-like support conversations confirmed?
I'd love 'em to be a thing since it lets us see interaction between certain characters more deeper and outside of the story. Would mean plenty overhauling the actual system though.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
More character interactions can only be a good thing.

Speaking of, I know that the last two games have been entirely story based, but could Namco put in a few minigames so that I can have something to do if I get too angry over a certain level or get bored of scrolling through the character encyclopedia?... I'm just kidding, the encyclopedia never got boring. ^_^

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I find the extreme art-style clash to be one of the best elements of the game. Seeing a character with a realistically proportioned design like Segata or Bruce Wi- *ahem*, I mean, 'Bruno Dellinger' standing next to a character with an anime-esque design like Sakura or Gemini is so surreal.
It's part of every crossover's charm, Smash Bros. included.

I'd say Smash has an even bigger art style clash than Project X Zone.

Anyway, having played the first game, I'm really looking forward to this one. Interesting how some of the solo units are now part of pairs (Vashyron, Flynn) while some previously paired characters are now solo (Leanne, Pai Chan, Alisa).

It appears this roster is also bigger than the previous game and overall, the game seems more ambitious, perhaps with higher budget. The fact it was announced internationally helps as well. They're also including more characters popular outside of Japan rather than catering entirely to the Japanese.

I wonder if the game will be dubbed in English. As long as it has the option for Japanese voices, I won't mind. Not against English dubs, but I'd rather have consistency since I played the first game that only had Japanese voices.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Gaaah, I simply can't wait to pre-order that collector edition when/if it comes to the west...

Top Bottom