• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project X Zone 2: Brave New World

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Bandai Namco just announced that Project X Zone 2: Brave New World will be coming out for the 3DS in Japan and US this Fall ("Brave New World" not apart of the official name outside of Japan).

Release Date: November 12 2015 (Japan)/ February 16 2016 (North America)/ February 19 2016 (Europe)

Here's the announcement trailer from Namco:

Japan Expo trailer:

TGS trailer:

Nintendo characters trailer:

Like the first game, PXZ2 will be a crossover between BANDAI NAMCO, CAPCOM and SEGA. It's a SRPG with fighting game elements in the battle sequences. Units are made up of two characters each and a third solo unit can join them.

PXZ2 takes place in the same universe established in Namco X Capcom. PXZ2 is also a celebration of the series as a whole and celebrates its NXC's 10th anniversary.

On 9/19/2015, Namco announced that certain Nintendo characters will also join the roster.

Here's the list of confirmed characters:

Bandai Namco characters

Dr. Chizuru Urashima (Original character) (NPC)

Reiji Arisu and Xiaomu from Namco X Capcom (Main characters)

Yuri Lowell and Flynn Scifo from Tales of Vesperia**

Jin Kazama and Kazuya Mishima* from Tekken

Kite from .hack (Haseo's partner)

Haseo* from .hack//G.U. (Kite's partner)

Natsu* from Soulcalibur V (solo)

Aty* from Summon Night 3 (solo)

Nana Kazuki* and Ciel Alencon* from God Eater 2

Valkyrie from Legend of Valkyrie (solo)

Ling Xiaoyu from Tekken (Chun Li's partner)

Alisa Illinichina Amiella from God Eater 2 (solo)

Heihachi Mishima from Tekken (solo)

KOS-MOS from Xenosaga (Fiora's partner)

Estelle from Tales of Vesperia (solo)

Capcom characters

Dante and Vergil* from Devil May Cry

Leon* from Resident Evil 6 (solo)

Chris and Jill from Resident Evil Revelations

X and Zero from Mega Man X

Strider*** from Strider (Hotsuma's partner)

Ryu and Ken from Street Fighter

Phoenix Wright* and Maya Fey* from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (solo)

Felicia*** from Darkstalkers (solo)

Chun Li from Street Fighter (Xiaoyu's partner)

Demetri Maximoff and Morrgian Aensland from Darkstalkers **

June Milliam* from Star Gladiators (solo)

Captain Commando*** from Captain Commando (solo)

Ingrid* from Capcom Fighting Evolution (solo)

Sega characters

Kazuma Kiryu* and Goro Majima* from Yakuza: Dead Souls

Akira Yuki and Kage* from Virtua Fighter

Hotsuma* from Shinobi (Strider's partner)

Erica Fontaine and Ichiro Ogami from Sakura Wars**

Gemini Sunrise and Sakura Shinguji from Sakura Wars**

Axel Stone* from Streets of Rage (solo)

Ulala from Space Channel 5 (solo)

Pai Chan from Virtua Fighter (solo)

Hibana* from Nightshade (solo)

Segata Sanshiro* from Japanese Sega Saturn Campaign (solo)

Zephyr & Vashyron from Resonance of Fate**

Leanne from Resonance of Fate (solo)

Ryo Hazuki* from Shenmue (solo)

Nintendo characters

Fiora* from Xenoblade Chronicles (KOS-MOS' partner)

Chrom* and Lucina* from Fire Emblem Awakening

* = new character
** = returning characters, new pairings
***= characters returning from Namco X Capcom that were not in the first Project X Zone.

Last edited:

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Who do people hope to see in this game?

I want Haken and Kaguya to come back and Ulala as well.

For those that didn't know, here's the timeline for these games:

-Namco X Capcom

-Endless Frontier

-Endless Frontier EXCEED

-Project X Zone

-Project X Zone 2

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
I think it's spelled "Vergil", and shouldn't Kite have a **?

But yeah, I'd love to see Frank come back, maybe with Chuck Greene. Frank/Hsien-Ko was already OP as hell in the original. Bring in my boy Gene too.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Personally I would love to see Phoenix Wright either with Maya Fey or Athena Cykes.
Phoenix Wright'd be a bit better as a Solo character, IMO. His MvC3 moveset would make great for helping with combos.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Phoenix Wright'd be a bit better as a Solo character, IMO. His MvC3 moveset would make great for helping with combos.
I'd be fine with this as well.

Anyways, I am interested to see that some of the returning characters are now paired newcomer characters eg. Akira Yuki with Kage Maru, Dante with Vergil, Kite with Haseo. I wonder whether the likes of characters who were once paired with them eg. Demetri, Pai Chan, Black Rose etc will be paired with newer partners or will they not return.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
People are still hammering for Sonic. I assumed the kid-friendly Sonic wasn't in the fanservice heaven predecessor because of the...ya know...visuals. The debut trailer didn't show much cleavage, but if this is like the first I doubt Sonic will appear.

Twewy

Smash Lord
People are still hammering for Sonic. I assumed the kid-friendly Sonic wasn't in the fanservice heaven predecessor because of the...ya know...visuals. The debut trailer didn't show much cleavage, but if this is like the first I doubt Sonic will appear.
Klonoa and Guntz appeared in Namco X Capcom, and don't forget X+Zero, who come from a kid-friendly series. Sonic or any "cartoony" character were excluded from Project X Zone because they clashed with the humanoid look of the other characters, though people are hammering for Sonic because he's a popular and generally well-liked character. We don't know yet if the previous rule will apply to this game, and if it doesn't it's not like sexualization is new to the Sonic series. Fan-service comes in more than one form.

I'll admit it doesn't feel like a SEGA crossover without their mascot, however. I wouldn't mind having him in, it'd be fun to see him paired with Tails, Knuckles, or Shadow. Hell, even NiGHTs.

Twewy

Smash Lord
I dunno why but I have the sudden craving for Ryu/Sagat as a unit.

Asbel Lhant

Smash Rookie
NNID
Eren_Jaegerrr
3DS FC
0731-5915-8712
Hoping for Asura (was hoping he'd pair with Strider but oh well), Bayonetta, Cress Albane and Stahn Aileron, and Jude Mathis and Milla Maxwell.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Asura and Gene from God Hand would be my dream unit. Imagine Asura leaping into space, Gene comboing some poor mook and then Dragon Kicking their ass into the Milky Way (Milky Wayyyy!), and then Asura pummeling them with his arms before flying back down with the mook for a sick finisher.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I admit I was disappointed to see the Tales of Vesperia reps return instead of other characters from the séries (I was craving some Luke fon Fabre).

Glad Dante is back. Hopefully Bayonetta and Phoenix Wright will make an appearance.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Eh, unless there's actually strategy involved & the battle system becomes more dynamic than button-mashy, I won't buy this. Doesn't look to be the case here, so I'll probably steer clear.

The Namco X RPGs end up feeling more like fight animation showreels than games. Guess I really don't enjoy it, considering the series is a guilty pleasure of fluid sprite fights & obscure crossover fanservice for me.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
New characters that I would like to see:

CAPCOM

- Frank West and Chuck Greene - Dead Rising
- Phoenix Wright (either as a solo unit or with either Maya Fey or Athena Cykes.) - Ace Attorney
- Felicia and Jon Talbain - Darkstalkers
- Edward Falcon - Power Stone

Bandai Namco

- Jude Mathis and Milla Maxwell - Tales of Xillia
- Heishiro Mitsurugi or Patroklos Alexandria - SoulCalibur
- Rick Taylor - Splatterhouse
- Luke O'Neil and Marc Goddart - Time Crisis 5

SEGA

Vyse - Skies of Arcadia
Gilius Thunderhead - Golden Axe
Ryo Hazuki - Shenmue

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
New characters that I would like to see:

CAPCOM

- Frank West and Chuck Greene - Dead Rising
- Phoenix Wright (either as a solo unit or with either Maya Fey or Athena Cykes.) - Ace Attorney
- Felicia and Jon Talbain - Darkstalkers
- Edward Falcon - Power Stone

Bandai Namco

- Jude Mathis and Milla Maxwell - Tales of Xillia
- Heishiro Mitsurugi or Patroklos Alexandria - SoulCalibur
- Rick Taylor - Splatterhouse
- Luke O'Neil and Marc Goddart - Time Crisis 5

SEGA

Vyse - Skies of Arcadia
Gilius Thunderhead - Golden Axe
Ryo Hazuki - Shenmue

Nice choices. I would like to see all of those SEGA characters. I think Frank and Chuck is a big possibility. The Frank and Hsein-Ko mashup was a little...odd in the first one. I know the irony of it, but still. I'd also like to see Patroklos especially.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So glad to see this game being made. I'm kind of bummed Blackrose got replaced for Haseo and that Zephyr/Leane were likely cut (they were in my top favourite characters to use along with Kite/Blackrose). I'm curious if we'll get a Persona 3 or Persona 4 duo unit in the game since Sega owns the company that makes the Persona games now.

As for pairings I'd like to see in the game, some that come to my mind are...

Ryu/Nina (Breath of Fire)

Kilik/Xianghua (Soul Calibur)

Sakura/Karin (Street Fighter)

Cammy/Guile (Street Fighter)

Chaz/Alys or Alys/Rune (Phantasy Star IV)

Some Skies of Arcadia team

Also, I might be alone, but I'd really love to see Segata Sanshiro as a Solo unit.

Twewy

Smash Lord
So glad to see this game being made. I'm kind of bummed Blackrose got replaced for Haseo and that Zephyr/Leane were likely cut (they were in my top favourite characters to use along with Kite/Blackrose). I'm curious if we'll get a Persona 3 or Persona 4 duo unit in the game since Sega owns the company that makes the Persona games now.
No, Sammy owns both Sega and Atlus, they're both still separate companies under one parent company, ala Disney with Marvel+Lucasfilms. I also doubt Zephyr/Leanne are cut since we don't have much to go on, so far the only characters we know of are the ones from the trailer.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Nice choices. I would like to see all of those SEGA characters. I think Frank and Chuck is a big possibility. The Frank and Hsein-Ko mashup was a little...odd in the first one. I know the irony of it, but still. I'd also like to see Patroklos especially.
Well, some existing characters are getting new partners as evidenced within the trailer such as Dante & Vergil, Akira & Kage etc.

So maybe some of the other existing characters may get new partners as well?

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
http://pxz2.bn-ent.net Website's up, no new characters.

Also: http://nintendoeverything.com/project-x-zone-2-devs-on-development-story-improvements-and-surprises/
We can expect changes in gameplay, I hope we aren't getting spammed with enemies like in the first one.
"Deeper plot"
Really? The first game's plot was nothing less than an epic. I wonder how they will improve?

Jokes aside, Namco must really be happy they brought the game over to the west. These games are hard to localize, so I imagine they're proud their efforts paid off.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
"Deeper plot"
Really? The first game's plot was nothing less than an epic. I wonder how they will improve?

Jokes aside, Namco must really be happy they brought the game over to the west. These games are hard to localize, so I imagine they're proud their efforts paid off.
I thought you were actually being serious here for a second-

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
The thing about PxZ 1's plot is that whenever people complained about it, it always kind of made me laugh or roll my eyes a little. Like, the whole point of the game to me seemed like fanservice from the get go, so I always felt if you were playing it "for the plot", you were playing it for the wrong reason.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Just learned that these characters are confirmed to be in PxZ2 according to Famitsu:

Capcom

Ryu & Ken - Street Fighter
Phoenix Wright & Maya Fey - Ace Attorney (NEW)

SEGA

Gemini Sunrise & Sakura Shinguji - Sakura Wars
Axel Stone - Streets of Rage (NEW)

Namco Bandai

Aty - Summon Night 3 (NEW)
Nana Kazuki & Ciel Alencon - God Eater 2 (NEW)

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/1...m_campaign=Feed:+siliconera/MkOc+(Siliconera)

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
That's weird that they decided to change around the Sakura Wars characters. If they're all coming back, I don't see a point to it.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Tomokazu Sugita vocies Axel Stone. I'm hype and I never even played Streets of Rage.

EDIT: Scans! Phoenix and Maya are a Solo unit.

Last edited:

Asbel Lhant

Smash Rookie
NNID
Eren_Jaegerrr
3DS FC
0731-5915-8712
If Nick and Maya can get in, anyone is fair game. I hope we get some more Mega Man villains in the game, whether as bosses or solo units.

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
If Nick and Maya can get in, anyone is fair game.
"If any popular characters can get into a fanservice-heavy crossover's sequel that's paying more attention to the West where said popular characters are even more popular, anyone is fair game."

For some reason, I can see Vile/VAVA coming back as the Mega Man villain again. Him or Sigma...or both. Wouldn't be out of X tradition to drag Sigma in for no reason.

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Am I really the only one who thought that the Tekken and Virtua Fighter mii costumes found within the latest SSBU patch along Ryu's reveal hint towards the possible appearance of something Nintendo-related (characters, etc) in PxZ2?

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Am I really the only one who thought that the Tekken and Virtua Fighter mii costumes found within the latest SSBU patch along Ryu's reveal hint towards the possible appearance of something Nintendo-related (characters, etc) in PxZ2?
Fugg. This mean Roy will be in PxZ2?

In all seriousness, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Also, I was playing some Super Monkey Ball the other day. We're gonna see AiAi in the game...right?

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Alright here's what we get from E3...

Felicia is back (without King..:ohwell:)
Valkyrie (:bee: also with artwork this time)
Ulala (THANK YOU BASED GOD)

Also looks like Alex Kidd is gonna make a cameo during Ulala's attack this time along with other classic Sega characters. She also plays a guitar now.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Alright here's what we get from E3...

Felicia is back (without King..:ohwell:)
Valkyrie (:bee: also with artwork this time)
Ulala (THANK YOU BASED GOD)

Also looks like Alex Kidd is gonna make a cameo during Ulala's attack this time along with other classic Sega characters. She also plays a guitar now.
You got a source to link?

Twewy

Smash Lord
Things I noticed in the trailer:
  • No talking. Either the CVs haven't recorded their lines yet or we might be getting an English dub?
  • Juri's a villain again. Think she'll be playable again?
  • The big Felicia/Valkyrie/Ulala on the front but no footage of them in that trailer. Makes you wonder if they're all Solos.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Things I noticed in the trailer:
  • No talking. Either the CVs haven't recorded their lines yet or we might be getting an English dub?
  • Juri's a villain again. Think she'll be playable again?
  • The big Felicia/Valkyrie/Ulala on the front but no footage of them in that trailer. Makes you wonder if they're all Solos.
Yeah that was weird the 3 new characters are on the thumbnail but not in the trailer itself.
But trust me, looking at the screenshots they posted to facebook shows they're solos.

Top Bottom