• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project X Zone 2: Brave New World

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
I think Juri is just better suited as a villain. Her appearance as a hero just seemed so forced in PXZ1, not to mention that her solo Attack is rubbish. Otherwise, there's no characters in PXZ1 that I wouldn't want to return as a hero in the sequel.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Here's a question, guys... is there any character from the previous PXZ you actually hope doesn't return or don't really care about?
If God is up there somewhere... please keep the living TittyAss Cow Joke a.ka Kaguya Nanbu out of this game :drsad:

I personally liked Kurt & Riela though - possibly because they felt normal and quite competent fighters in a general sense due their military style. Also Valkyria Chronicles being quite good to me apparently.

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
If God is up there somewhere... please keep the living TittyAss Cow Joke a.ka Kaguya Nanbu out of this game :drsad:

I personally liked Kurt & Riela though - possibly because they felt normal and quite competent fighters in a general sense due their military style. Also Valkyria Chronicles being quite good to me apparently.
No, I need Kaguya "***** Monster" and Haken "Engrish" Browning to be OP as hell again. When Frank and Hsien-Ko weren't destroying everything they were.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
No, I need Kaguya "***** Monster" and Haken "Engrish" Browning to be OP as hell again. When Frank and Hsien-Ko weren't destroying everything they were.
Lol, reminds me when I made Frank and Hsien-Ko beat up Ciseaux's Prelude in his second appearance. I never laughed so hard.

Hyper Comboing a huge mecha that must weight loads and loads of tons and then chucking it fastballing to HOME-RUN.

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
If Frank doesn't come back I think that would be ironic, considering a long time ago Capcom pretty much said they want to shove him into everything.

Not that I mind. Frank is the best Capcom character.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
If Frank doesn't come back I think that would be ironic, considering a long time ago Capcom pretty much said they want to shove him into everything.

Not that I mind. Frank is the best Capcom character.
Well, he was almost not in Mahvel 3... since if Ultimate didn't happen...

Last edited:

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
I'm almost accepting that Neneko probably won't return, so Frank must return, please

Also, I don't remember if M. Bison was confirmed as a villain, but if he is then probably Juri will also remain as a villain only

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
I'm almost accepting that Neneko probably won't return, so Frank must return, please

Also, I don't remember if M. Bison was confirmed as a villain, but if he is then probably Juri will also remain as a villain only
Bison is a confirmed villain.

Still bitter we didn't originally get him and Doc Ock. At least we got him in Ultimate.

Rip Otto though.
I don't believe Doc was ever heavily considered. That's according to Seth Killian, anyways. Not sure why Frank was removed from the original. I remember his silhouette was in one of the early promotional art.

Twewy

Smash Lord
If Bison's confirmed Juri's probably being a Solo unit again. Pretty sure she hates the crap out of him.

I don't believe Doc was ever heavily considered. That's according to Seth Killian, anyways. Not sure why Frank was removed from the original. I remember his silhouette was in one of the early promotional art.
It made me as hell Frank's silhouette was all over early promo art. Now we'll never get that full render of him with his hands in his pockets.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
If Bison's confirmed Juri's probably being a Solo unit again. Pretty sure she hates the crap out of him.

It made me as hell Frank's silhouette was all over early promo art. Now we'll never get that full render of him with his hands in his pockets.
Not to mention the fact that the man in the helicopter who was saved by Captain America in the second trailer is said to be Frank. I guess that the blokes at Capcom needed more time to continue improving his complex moveset so that they could fit as many weapons into it as possible.

Frank and Hsien-Ko were a pretty cool team up. I wouldn't mind them appearing again one bit.

As for the thing about Juri hating Bison's guts, that is true, but while they are both villains, they don't have to work together in the story. It would be quite cool if they implemented a system that allowed two opposing factions of enemy characters to attack each other. Can you imagine Bison and a platoon of Shadaloo thugs going up against both the heroes and another team of enemies.

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
They said Frank wasn't in vanilla Mahvel 3 because his moveset used up too much RAM or something like that. Then again Capcom had a bunch of halfassed excuses. Ghost Rider's too punchy and doesn't get off his bike.

If they did a 3-way team fight, that'd be cool and would deal with the whole "too many enemies" complaint.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
They said Frank wasn't in vanilla Mahvel 3 because his moveset used up too much RAM or something like that. Then again Capcom had a bunch of halfassed excuses. Ghost Rider's too punchy and doesn't get off his bike.

If they did a 3-way team fight, that'd be cool and would deal with the whole "too many enemies" complaint.
MvC3's development seemed sketchy. There were promises that were broken, and a ton of excuses thrown around. First they said there was going to be a story mode, then they said there would be over 100 music tracks. Then when Ultimate was announced, it was said that it was decided to be released on disc because of the Japanese earthquake (???) but then other Capcom people said it was "too big" for DLC and was always planned for a disc.

Whatever.

Game sucked.

Twewy

Smash Lord
I liked it...got me into the best comic book character ever.

MODOK.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
On the topic of Marvel 3 and Ultimate, I blame Marvel if anything. I feel like a lot of the higher ups and contracts screwed Capcom.

Twewy

Smash Lord
On the topic of Marvel 3 and Ultimate, I blame Marvel if anything. I feel like a lot of the higher ups and contracts screwed Capcom.
That's true actually. UMvC3 can't be patched without Marvel's permission and a lot of stuff had to be decided by Marvel alone. Shuma-Gorath almost wasn't in the game.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Capcom, for some reason, really wanted Shuma in MvC3 even though he is a really obscure character. In UMvC3, you can tell that a lot of the Marvel characters were put in to promote the upcoming potential film projects. I think that the number of continuity references in that game could have turned some people off the game. Pretty much everything Richard Rider says is a reference to another character or story. Nonetheless, I quite like how the game highlighted then-obscure characters instead of just more X-Men which everyone was asking for.

I liked MvC3, but I felt that X Factor was quite unnecessary, the less-than-stellar online play (I played it once, and it took me ages to find anyone else... And he annihilated me), and the one-punch-and-then-you're-dead gameplay when battling any skilled players led to it being not as good as it could have been. I still think that Tatsunoko vs Capcom was better.

Twewy

Smash Lord
If I remember right TvC also had the one touch and you're dead stuff since Zero and Karas apparently dominated that scene.

Speaking of vC and Zero he does his Lightning Loop glitch in PxZ2 and it makes me giddy like a little schoolgirl.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
A demo will hit the Japanese eShop next Friday. It will allow the Japanese players to discover the early chapters of the game. For each chapter they complete, they get a bonus item that they will be able to use in the retail version.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
A whole list of solo units, enemies and characters appearing in event scenes have surfaced~ The leaks with Ingrid, Ryo and Estelle are officially confirmed. Miles Edgeworth and Tiki appearing in event scenes are a very nice surprise. Metal Face as an enemy is really cool too! Still really want Shulk to appear in the game, even if it's just in an event scene.
http://nintendoeverything.com/new-set-of-characters-confirmed-for-project-x-zone-2/

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
The 2nd promotional video is 14 minutes long and it's so hype! Showcasing all the announced characters up till now. Seeing how there's only a month left until this releases in Japan this might be the entire roster. I could be wrong though~

Twewy

Smash Lord
No Frank, no buy.

Also, I noticed Segata Sanshiro is a boss before you he joins you. Neat.

Last edited:

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
I just noticed that the number of pair and solo units confirmed so far don't match, so either:
A. Some villains also join the roster as the story progresses
B. There are still more playable characters to be revealed

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
This game's so setting to not be it's predecessor, and I love it for it. Also so much fanservice to see.

I just noticed that the number of pair and solo units confirmed so far don't match, so either:
A. Some villains also join the roster as the story progresses
B. There are still more playable characters to be revealed
How many Solos up to make it all match, then?

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
This game's so setting to not be it's predecessor, and I love it for it. Also so much fanservice to see.

How many Solos up to make it all match, then?
My bad; they do match up after all

Though I do find it weird that there are 19 pair and solo units... at least I'd want to round it to 20

Twewy

Smash Lord
Mother of mercy! Unknown and Violent Ken? Man, the guys at Namco really know their stuff.
Even better: It's not Violent Ken, it's referencing that Street Fighter animated movie where Ken was brainwashed by Bison. I think one of the music pieces from the trailer is from that movie, actually.

And yes, they really like showing they know their stuff. I've mentioned it before but Zero uses an infamous glitch from MvC3, along with the dash slash cancel from X4. Not to mention Ryu pulling off a Daigo combo in PxZ1. Or referencing Segata's Sakura Wars commercial. Or...

....hell, I better not keep going. I'll be out of post space.

Last edited:

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
They can't ignore that amazing 'fro.
I wish I could like your comment more. A shame that he only has the 'fro in accompanying artwork of SVC Chaos instead of in the actual game.

Anyway, I thought that Violent Ken from SVC Chaos and Brainwashed Ken from the animated film are basically the same character? It's about time that the character returned. As for Unknown, it'll be interesting to see how she's going to fit into the story, since she has only appeared in the non-canon Tag Tournament games. This game might also give more info on the character, and clear up the whole 'The first Unknown might be Jun Kazama's sister' thing.

Those mirage cancel things also look pretty interesting. They look like they will spice up the gameplay.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Aight I played it today at NYCC. Will probably play again again another day for lols.

Pretty solid stuff. I took pics but they're not outstanding.

Also there wasn't any cutscenes or dialogue. After I killed every enemy, the game ended.

Twewy

Smash Lord
How did the gameplay differ from the first game? Does it feel better?

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
How did the gameplay differ from the first game? Does it feel better?
Mostly the same, but there are differences. If you didn't know you can move any character when it's your turn instead of every unit having an individual turn. When you use all of your moves the enemies go; kinda like Fire Emblem.

In battle I think they made it harder to land CROSS hits (when the opponent is stunned in the air from being attacked by the duo unit and a solo at the same time) as a lot of my combos kept dropping. Also noticed that almost every time the enemy was stunned with a Cross, they would sometimes fly to the left and bounce off the wall, causing some hits to miss. Happened with a lot of different characters.

After the battle one character makes comments about how well they did. Even if I didn't drop any combos and ended with kills, almost everyone had something negative to say about their performance lol. Only one that made a positive comment from what I saw was Gemini.

I did the new battle mechanic of slowing down time and stuff, but I didn't entirely understand it.

After every battle, a move would become "CHARGED." Not sure what it meant. Also noticed that when first engaging in battle, one move would be highlighted green.

Honestly can't remember if the above has been commented on before. I forgot a lot about the new gameplay mechanics. Also haven't watched the new trailer, so don't know if it covered that.

Also, I noticed a grammatical error in one of Phoenix Wright's comments.

Last edited:

swampthingcs

Smash Apprentice
Mostly the same, but there are differences. If you didn't know you can move any character when it's your turn instead of every unit having an individual turn. When you use all of your moves the enemies go; kinda like Fire Emblem.
Oh man, that's really nice.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
For anyone who's got time to kill and cares about watching the WHOLE japanese demo footage:

I must say though, the story setting seems to be a thousand times better than the first PXZ game (Namco x Capcom was fine I think). I mean I liked the early chapters of PXZ, which were one of the many reasons I fell in love with the game, but this time... they've outdone themselves. (Again, I can't read Japanese (I've barely started studying it), but the cutscenes seem fresh enough on this video).

Top Bottom