• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project X Zone 2: Brave New World

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
BIG BAD HOODIE IS IN THE HOUSE. I CALLED IT. :demon::demon::demon::demon:

Also big hoorays for Resonance of Fate-crew popping back in!

I find it really weird how Bonnie Hood seems to be having the robot dudes from Side Arms, BTW. She gonna be a Rival Unit?

EDIT:

Woah, they went there.

They actually went there.

Poor Ichiro.
Ichiro is with Erica now. It's cool.

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Soma and Lindow (as a pair unit) revealed on the next batch with more newcomers and villains?

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
I learned today that Namco is having a panel for their RPGs at NYCC next month and the description says Project X Zone will be there. Gonna try to go check it out.

Was really hoping for a Tekken panel though.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
OMFG! Fiora from Xenoblade and KOS-MOS from XenoSaga are a new pair unit. Chrom and Lucina from Fire Emblem also join the roster as a new pair unit!

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I would have wholeheartedly taken Marth and Roy over those two disgraceful pieces of waste that caused the doom of the series -- that's what I thought before I saw them in action. Their moveset was made up so cleverly. Curious to see whether more Ninty characters will join the roster.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Chrom and Lucina in training mode on the training stage from Street Fighter IV and Mokujin from Tekken is the training dummy. Now, no-one would have imagined that.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
I would have wholeheartedly taken Marth and Roy over those two disgraceful pieces of waste that caused the doom of the series -- that's what I thought before I saw them in action. Their moveset was made up so cleverly. Curious to see whether more Ninty characters will join the roster.
Would have preferred to see Marth and Lucina. Roy isn't as popular or iconic as either of them. Marth would have made a cool representation and Lucina could have finally paired with her Hero King.

I also like their move set. My favorite is Lucina's strike that mirrors the CG scene where she kills that zombie.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
[SCREAMS] FIORA OH MY GODDDDDD

...sorry, I'm just extremely hype. :lol:

Anyway ah, assuming more native Nintendo characters appear, who would you like to see? Again, assuming it will happen.

My choices:

The Mario Brothers. No, really.

Shulk and Melia (Xenoblade duo)

Link and Zelda

Pit and Palutena

Samus, Captain Falcon and/or Meta Knight solo assists.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
My Nintendo character wishlist is:
- Pit + Dark Pit (dual unit)
- Palutena (solo unit)
- Ike / Roy / Robin (either as solo or paired with another FE character)
- Shulk (solo or paired with another Xenoblade or Xenosaga character)

Goes without saying, but Ganondorf would be cool.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Anyway ah

I think the fact that T-Elos is no longer paired with KOS-MOS means she'll be a straight up villain like Juri (fairly obvious deduction, though).

As for Nintendo villain units, now that I think about it, I'd be ok with Ganondorf, Wolf O'Donnell, or Black Shadow because reasons.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Anyway ah

I think the fact that T-Elos is no longer paired with KOS-MOS means she'll be a straight up villain like Juri (fairly obvious deduction, though).

As for Nintendo villain units, now that I think about it, I'd be ok with Ganondorf, Wolf O'Donnell, or Black Shadow because reasons.
Indeed, T-ELOS would most likely stay as a villain. Since Saya seems to be major baddie again, it would make sense for T to join her side. Since they've been partners for like 3 games now. But there's always a chance she would become an assist later on. Same for Juri and maybe even Saya.

Oh and I want the Ice Climbers as either a pair unit or assist.

Last edited:

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
This is literally so hype, oh my goodness. I KNEW a third company would get in on this!

That guy in that demo video was so loud, though. "Can you hear the music?" No! Because you won't shut it, mate! But yeah, really excited now that the two FE Lords are joing in the madness.

On another note, I don't get why they keep using Mokujin as a training mode punching bag in Namco's crossover games. He isn't usually treated like one in his own series. Surely now that Nintendo are in on this, they'll use Sandbag instead, right?

Edit: I meant fourth. Not third. Crap.

Also, am I the only one who is liking how... United the whole gaming industry feels right now? It's almost becoming the norm for Nintendo, Namco, Capcom, Sega and others to crossover now. I'm likin' it, man. It's super cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

swampthingcs

Smash Apprentice
Like everyone is listing these NERD characters but Mario + Luigi unit would be god-tier
AND OH MY GOD WARIO + WALUIGI
would be so amazing

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
This is literally so hype, oh my goodness. I KNEW a third company would get in on this!
Fourth, actually. A third company got in on this three years ago.

That being said, I'm cautiously optimistic about Nintendo getting in. Though I doubt there will be many Nintendo characters. Still waiting on Frank though. Can't wait for him not to get any Erotica points off Lucina.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Fourth, actually. A third company got in on this three years ago.

That being said, I'm cautiously optimistic about Nintendo getting in. Though I doubt there will be many Nintendo characters. Still waiting on Frank though. Can't wait for him not to get any Erotica points off Lucina.
I personally think Nintendo-characters shouldn't be included much further than this as it'd make people think this game's "Nintendo-crossover" mainly rather than the crossover SEGA, Namdai and Capcom are doing here, which would ruin the intended premise of the games, while obviously obscuring spotlight from main franchises featured in this game. This seems just right amount of crossover publicity trade for the marketing from Monolith Soft.

After all, Nintendo-characters aren't the real stars, it's these beloved though niche/hardcore/cult classic franchises from SEGA+Capcom+Namdai. Chrom and co seve only as quest characters akin to 3rd parties from Smash-games themselves, as to draw in audience outside of intended one for Project x Zone.

Possibly add one solo from Nintendo's and it'd be complete.

Last edited:

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
OMFG! Fiora from Xenoblade and KOS-MOS from XenoSaga are a new pair unit. Chrom and Lucina from Fire Emblem also join the roster as a new pair unit!
It's amazing how a couple of characters can make you REALLY hyped for the game!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Due the nature of these games, I'm already calling up a gag where people recognize Lucy but not Chrom (starting from Ryu), or call Chrom some type of a second fiddle supporter man who got shafted for that mage dude in Smash. Possibly be evensuper-relentless on him at other types of humor (since Chrom's been a perfect buttmonkey these past years). :troll:

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
I knew there had to be a thread of this game somewhere :)

Anyways, I'm still hoping for the return of Frank West and Neneko... and please add Captain Falcon as a solo unit; I really want to Falcon Punch my opponents

swampthingcs

Smash Apprentice

Anyways, I'm still hoping for the return of Frank West and Neneko... and please add Captain Falcon as a solo unit; I really want to Falcon Punch my opponents
Dude though, how about a Falcon + (Someone else) pair and their ultimate attack can be a perfect recreation of this scene:

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
At first I couldn't think of anyone that combines well with Falcon, but something just came to my mind... a team of Captain Falcon and Gene from God Hand

swampthingcs

Smash Apprentice
At first I couldn't think of anyone that combines well with Falcon, but something just came to my mind... a team of Captain Falcon and Gene from God Hand
Never even played that game but just googling him...
YES

I mean, here he is up-tilting.
They're a perfect match.

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
You've never played God Hand? You should fix that, it's amazing.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Surely Frank's gonna be back here - maybe with Chuck? IDK.

I really hope Hsien-Ko's also included. Maybe paired with Arthur this time?

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
So...is Shenmue still owned by Sega now? Or do they still own it but don't care enough to fund Shenmue 3 and let Suzuki do whatever he wants?

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Here's a question, guys... is there any character from the previous PXZ you actually hope doesn't return or don't really care about?

For some reason I don't really like Toma nor Cyrille... I was wondering if it was just me, but then I searched similar threads and almost everyone mentioned them

Top Bottom