• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project SA Q&A

adrahil

Smash Cadet
so, is plan zero considered an alternative to brawl+?
No, not at all. It is a program that lets you edit movesets in ways you could not before. It will only improve Brawl+ in allowing characters that were cut to be remade in new ways (once the engine for running clones is made) and allowing unique changes to existing characters. It will also allow people to make their own 'just for fun' characters that will certainly be interesting to see.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
so, is plan zero considered an alternative to brawl+?
Oh, not at all. In fact, the Plussery plans to use Project SA to help Brawl +. It will effectively be able to create whole new characters, something that the Plussery were already planning to do.

edit: crap. ninjad. 10conans.

Sukai

Smash Champion
well until a coder comes up with a code that lets you load animation files without iso hacking, arguing whether or not anybody has animation skill is pointless. unless everyone starts iso hacking.
I thought "FitSmasher.pac" was that.
Is it confirmed that we must ISO hack?

Sukai

Smash Champion
Well, technically, the only time you would still need to iso hack anymore is when the file length is different from the original. The DSDL is capable of loading modified motion files; it's just that it can't bypass current memory limits yet.
I see.
Well what kind of discs would the Wii take?
DVDs?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
i don't know if you can actually omit SSE stuff and still have it work.
You can, that's what the first rip of the Japanese Version of Brawl was, as a fun little trivia fact. You just can't watch any of the SSE cutscenes or anything. I'm actually not sure if you can do ANY single-player stuff, actually.

well, they do have a bit in common. they can edit character attack effects, hitboxes, strength, speed, and maybe more.
You're again confusing tools with ideas. The frame speed modifier codes are just things that we use to make Brawl+, the code itself isn't exclusive to the project.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
You can, that's what the first rip of the Japanese Version of Brawl was, as a fun little trivia fact. You just can't watch any of the SSE cutscenes or anything. I'm actually not sure if you can do ANY single-player stuff, actually.
ok, wasn't sure.

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
no, like phantom wings, he will give us little hints and poke at us until we go absolutely mad and then at the last second he will show us his divine masterpiece(and yes my nose can get browner). so not for a while(maybe a month, 2 weeks soonest.)

mofo_

Smash Ace
Okay I have an Idea for the item-summon script.

What if you can summon an item properties (smart bomb for instance) but mask it in a different object (sticker/money bill)? It'd be a intresting thing to try out
i think theres a code that makes one item appear as another item. i haven't tried it though.

ephtaup

Smash Rookie
it wont take longer than a month he had it finished enough to make pheonix mario so he is already a good deal through it

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I wish he'd released the incomplete version that he made Phoenix Mario with, just so we could start messing with it and learning how to use it...

On a vaguely related note, why are so many people misspelling phoenix? Even PW misspelled it. Phoenix, not pheonix.
I hate to be a grammar nazi or whatever, but it's just bugging me. ._.

Gigas_Deth

Smash Apprentice
See that guy on the corner? Yeah that's not me.
I wish he'd released the incomplete version that he made Phoenix Mario with, just so we could start messing with it and learning how to use it...

On a vaguely related note, why are so many people misspelling phoenix? Even PW misspelled it. Phoenix, not pheonix.
I hate to be a grammar nazi or whatever, but it's just bugging me. ._.
I was thinking the same thing lol.

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
it wont take longer than a month he had it finished enough to make pheonix mario so he is already a good deal through it
but he may have dedicated that entire 2 weeks when he reveled plan zero to just PMario. also, coders often get "frustrated" when a syntax error or lines of code don't work the way their supposed to and will stop for a good day or two. phatom wings may not even be working on it 24/7 like we think we think he is. the point is, with no update on his progress, every thing is in the ballpark.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
actually, PW stated explicitly he worked on PMario for less than a day. i'm sure he's getting along, but...

yeah. hard to put a date on this sort of thing. he is doing it out of the kindness of his heart, after all.

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice
I suppose I should explain why there has been no release/updates lately.

Spoiler:
It's mostly already done, I plan on releasing it along side of Pharrox's model extractor/importer - I just need to get his okay first. My reason for doing so is because it would make PSA, as a whole, far more functional with many more options if it were released alongside hackable models.

There you have it - sorry for the waiting.:)

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
It's mostly already done, I plan on releasing it along side of Pharrox's model extractor/importer - I just need to get his okay first. My reason for doing so is because it would make PSA, as a whole, far more functional with many more options if it were released alongside hackable models.
D: ****... So it's practically done and we're still going to have to wait for an indeterminate amount of time? That's cruel. ><

Top Bottom