• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project SA Q&A

RockXero77

Smash Cadet
Yes, you can give link a 2 hit combo. heck, you could give him a 10 hit combo. not sure about the star rod. you might be able to give him another sword, but it would have to be made of fire, ice, shadow, ect.
but would he do 1 hit with each sword? and ice would work for my purposes.

RockXero77

Smash Cadet
i dunno. it MIGHT be possible, but i'm not completely sure

Also, I'm willing to make a texture hack specifically for a moveset for people. take my phoenix mario for example (seen a few pages back) i also made one for the ice R.O.B i'm gonna make. you can find some of my textures here.
http://galaxiadarkness.wordpress.com/
okay, could you make me a drizzt do'urden texture for link? he looks like this.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/drizzt%20do%252527urden/Myyrdn_Eopia/Fantasy/Drizzt_DoUrden.jpg
you can't really see it, but he has dark skin and lavender eyes.
thanks alot!

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Okay check it out. Here's some more character Ideas I had for my "Hyper Brawl" thingy lol (im so bored)

Ike aka Sol Badguy
-He's gonna have erupting fire based moves.

Eruption = Fully charged is gonna shot out three erupting flames (like Sol's gun flame)

Quick Draw (grounded) = While he's charging flame streaks will flow underneath him. It wont have a collision event (hopefully this might be possible) When he flies out, there will be a fiery hitbox in front of him that has mult-hit properties then at the end of the dash he'll do an uppercut (ledge wakeup attack under 100% of damage) (this attack I want to be similar to Sol's Grand Viper)

Quick Draw (aerial) It will stay the same (maybe some fire trails) Except when he collides he does his down-item-throw animation and it spikes or meteors. Whichever one is weaker. (lol aka Ike will have murder-throw)(I wanted to give ike the last hit of sol's volcanic viper but Ike doesnt have a downwards kick type animation)

Aether - Meh I'll leave it alone, maybe when the sword spins it does fire damage

Counter - Change the animation......maybe a punch or kick.

RockXero77

Smash Cadet
Okay check it out. Here's some more character Ideas I had for my "Hyper Brawl" thingy lol (im so bored)

Ike aka Sol Badguy
-He's gonna have erupting fire based moves.

Eruption = Fully charged is gonna shot out three erupting flames (like Sol's gun flame)

Quick Draw (grounded) = While he's charging flame streaks will flow underneath him. It wont have a collision event (hopefully this might be possible) When he flies out, there will be a fiery hitbox in front of him that has mult-hit properties then at the end of the dash he'll do an uppercut (ledge wakeup attack under 100% of damage) (this attack I want to be similar to Sol's Grand Viper)

Quick Draw (aerial) It will stay the same (maybe some fire trails) Except when he collides he does his down-item-throw animation and it spikes or meteors. Whichever one is weaker. (lol aka Ike will have murder-throw)(I wanted to give ike the last hit of sol's volcanic viper but Ike doesnt have a downwards kick type animation)

Aether - Meh I'll leave it alone, maybe when the sword spins it does fire damage

Counter - Change the animation......maybe a punch or kick.
sounds cool. i like it. sort of like phoenix ike to people that don't know sol.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
sounds cool. i like it. sort of like phoenix ike to people that don't know sol.
lol thanks. I wanna get my hands on this and start scripting right away. Another problem tho is the animation and attack ID's too. I'll need to know those.

The next person Im thinking of working with Sheik (my main >=3)
I want to make her a naruto based ninja. Chidori, flash bombs and stuff lol

RockXero77

Smash Cadet
I want to make her a naruto based ninja. Chidori, flash bombs and stuff lol[/QUOTE]

hell yes. paper bombs mabye? hidden lotus?!

Yingyay

Smash Ace
I want to make her a naruto based ninja. Chidori, flash bombs and stuff lol
hell yes. paper bombs mabye? hidden lotus?![/QUOTE]

lol It'd be great if we can edit the stickers.
Ideas with that

Paper Bomb = Item-throw-down animation and a sticker comes out and give it snake's dsmash properties. EDIT I got a loop hole for this lol Since you can summon items, wouldnt it be possible to summon both a sticker and Snakes dsmash mine?

Hidden lotus: I dont think that'd be possible without some interesting scripting

MaxThunder

PM Support
...i'm definately making a yoshi so awesome and broken that vBrawl mk\s gonna be so ashamed that he commits harakiri... i already made a texture for it... basically its just an inverted yoshi... but... i'm calling it Warui(look it up in some english/japanese dictionary and you will see why=)...)

anyway... i learned to make textures...(kinda obvious) i think i'm gonna make something really funny soon... just need to download every texture in the game first... just in case...

Sukai

Smash Champion
So, I just got an Idea.
There is a Roy trophy, right?
It it possible to reduce Marth's size and add that modded framework to the Roy Trophy?

Sukai

Smash Champion
I wonder if I can use Isaac. His hair seems very similar to Roy's.
I really just want Roy's hair back, not a Marth with red hair.

I asked if this could be achieved through model hacks, but I never got an answer.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
um... ok, this is *semi* relevant to PSA. i just gave the ICs mario's up b. and toon did his FS animation as a regular attack... these were just through regular codes. not sure what happened, but it seems to have had a similar effect to what PSA is supposed to do... here is the gct for anyone who wants to test it out: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ndmuy4ttm2y

edit: ok, it looks like whatever i did changed every character's up. O_o

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
um... ok, this is *semi* relevant to PSA. i just gave the ICs mario's up b. and toon did his FS animation as a regular attack... these were just through regular codes. not sure what happened, but it seems to have had a similar effect to what PSA is supposed to do... here is the gct for anyone who wants to test it out: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ndmuy4ttm2y

edit: ok, it looks like whatever i did changed every character's up. O_o
what codes are in that GCT. it does more than just mess up everyones up b. for one, it makes donkey kong lose one of his arms(hit box still exists, it is just invisible), bowser's up b is an instant downb(freezes if you use it in air). yoshi's is just the exit of his side b. it makes every player hit darkness, and tons of other ****. where's the text file for these codes, i wanna to look at them.

MaxThunder

PM Support
this sound really amaziing... someone needs to put up a video... cause i cant use my wii... cause its in the middle of the night and if my parents wake up and sees me playing they'l take it...

coul you please give txt file?

camelot

Smash Ace
It's called an opinion, just because you won't support a Melee 2.0, doesn't mean everyone else won't.
As much as people ***** about how unformentioned games are too similar to Melee, there are an equal set of people who want something that is akin to Melee and there are also those who say Brawl+ would be more solid if it actually was a Melee 2.0, hell, that was the fuel for all the Brawl hype 2-3 years ago, people were exited for Brawl, because they were expecting a Melee with new/more characters/stages.
Melee is a great game, it's not a crime to want another game like it.

Besides, Brawl is kept as is, it's because of Brawl that people all around are inspired to take the Brawl engine and make modifications to or around it (i.e Brawl+ and Balanced Brawl). so please don't take the "This is Brawl" route. With the available hacks that are even making appearances in tourneys, that's apparently not the case here.
We aren't changing Brawl for everyone, just the people who want it changed.
And if people want a Melee 2.0, why can't they have it if they have the ability to make it?

Some characters were charished because of their Melee form, Marth, Sheik, Pikachu, etc. So again, it's not a bad thing to want it again, after all, it Melee that made them so great.
It's like an other video game.
Nice graphics, tight gameplay, great controls.
If these things grew a large fanbase, is it so wrong to simply give more of the same (of course with some innovation in between) to them, especially when they're expecting a tried and true formula?

Again, if you don't approve, that's you, but that alone doesn't mean it shouldn't happen.
I for one am fascinated to see a Melee 2.0, what will be in it? Will the wavedashing still be in and would it share similar properties to Melee? How about L-cancelling, hitstun, character tweaks.

It doesn't mean all the characters will (completely) adopt their Melee moveset, although by appeal, some will.
If people want it, why not?
You're missing the point. This has so much more potential than just making it "Melee 2.0". Why not try something new with this program rather than bringing back old stuff?

Melee is an amazing game, yes. I don't have anything against Melee. But with this program, we can make Brawl even better than Melee.

Though if people want "Melee 2.0", I'm not stopping anyone. I'm just saying there's more that can be done with this program.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
what codes are in that GCT. it does more than just mess up everyones up b. for one, it makes donkey kong lose one of his arms(hit box still exists, it is just invisible), bowser's up b is an instant downb(freezes if you use it in air). yoshi's is just the exit of his side b. it makes every player hit darkness, and tons of other ****. where's the text file for these codes, i wanna to look at them.
wow. well, i used the hit editor to make everyone do darkness damage, so thats what that is. let me see if i can re-pick out the codes i used...

edit: here's the txt, http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?fluyyjvmy5j

i'm 99% sure i didn't use my model hacks (baby mario) so that SHOULD be it.

Sukai

Smash Champion
You're missing the point. This has so much more potential than just making it "Melee 2.0". Why not try something new with this program rather than bringing back old stuff?

Melee is an amazing game, yes. I don't have anything against Melee. But with this program, we can make Brawl even better than Melee.

Though if people want "Melee 2.0", I'm not stopping anyone. I'm just saying there's more that can be done with this program.
Who's to say that Melee 2 won't be amazing in it's own right?

Any project you can speculate on, you can always do "so much more" than it.

Yingyay

Smash Ace

Hyper Brawl is in the motions. lol Look out for it! >=3

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
wow. well, i used the hit editor to make everyone do darkness damage, so thats what that is. let me see if i can re-pick out the codes i used...

edit: here's the txt, http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?fluyyjvmy5j

i'm 99% sure i didn't use my model hacks (baby mario) so that SHOULD be it.
The lucario flight code is what makes the up bs weird. Apparently, it not only messes with Lucario's upB, but everyone else's as well.

Sukai

Smash Champion
I'm taking a C programming class this semester.
As soon as I'm well rounded (and all the required engines are completed), I'd like to launch PM2 (Project Melee 2), including new characters, revamped old characters (some with no moveset changes from both Brawl and Melee), customized physics (mostly chop shopped from B+ n.n|) textures and even a revamped menu screen with a custom CSS and SSS.

I'm already fluent in textures.

Don't get hyped yet.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
I'm taking a C programming class this semester.
As soon as I'm well rounded (and all the required engines are completed), I'd like to launch PM2 (Project Melee 2), including new characters, revamped old characters (some with no moveset changes from both Brawl and Melee), customized physics (mostly chop shopped from B+ n.n|) textures and even a revamped menu screen with a custom CSS and SSS.

I'm already fluent in textures.

Don't get hyped yet.
All by yourself?

Sukai

Smash Champion
If no one desires to assist me, I'm afraid I might.

I'll try to recruit people. I tend to lead well in groups.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i have a feeling that if you can use java you're good. and you should look at C++ classes. thats what the wii uses. i personally am going the C# route because, lets face it, 360 is more game-make friendly. hell, wii doesn't even have a legit way for people to make indy games. 360 has its own contests/marketplace. @_@

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
C is glitchy as ****. plus, a lot of the extraneous stuff you need to do in C has been fixed/done for you in C++. makes things go quicker/run smoother.

Top Bottom