• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project SA Q&A

Yingyay

Smash Ace
ok. how should the end lag be adjusted? leave it alone or speed it up?
Nah if it pushes them away (maybe it can cuz freeze at high-mid percents) then his end lag should be fine the way it is.

I got some crazy idea's for Ike and Sheik >8D
Sol Badguy Ike and Quazecolt(lighting guardian in final fantasy) Sheik

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
ok, so SoPo:

Neutral B ~ Ice Blocks that freeze at mid percents (90% and up. it works in B+)
Side B ~ Frost Hammer (freezes apponent. does fair animation in the air and fsmash animation on ground)
Down B ~ Blizzard (add wind box to push opponent away. preferably put it at the end so the rest of the attack can hit)
Up B ~ Frozen Wind (squirtle's up b movement with ice gfx/freeze with last hit over 100-120%) or Ice Rocket (shoot Popo straight into the air. similar to Diddy's recovery, only without the turning)

Yingyay

Smash Ace
ok, so SoPo:

Neutral B ~ Ice Blocks that freeze at mid percents (90% and up. it works in B+)
Side B ~ Frost Hammer (freezes apponent. does fair animation in the air and fsmash animation on ground)
Down B ~ Blizzard (add wind box to push opponent away. preferably put it at the end so the rest of the attack can hit)
Up B ~ Frozen Wind (squirtle's up b movement with ice gfx/freeze with last hit over 100-120%) or Ice Rocket (shoot Popo straight into the air. similar to Diddy's recovery, only without the turning)
Thats sounds about right. The only thing left now is if this is actually possible (should be 92% possible)

I wanna know how pheonix mario's fireball rolls on the ground like a mini final smash tho.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Thats sounds about right. The only thing left now is if this is actually possible (should be 92% possible)

I wanna know how pheonix mario's fireball rolls on the ground like a mini final smash tho.
oh, all of its possible. hell, it'll be easier than the other stuff i'll be doing with PSA. i might just do SoPo first to try out the program.

the only hard part i could see would be implementing the code to play as a single IC from the beginning of the match.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
This thread has gone from being a very interesting thread about Project SA into just another moveset thread... there's something wrong with that. I don't check this thread for moveset ideas/discussion. If I wanted that, I could go to any one of the numerous make your move competition threads. Was there really such a need to hijack an already established thread for this?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
This thread has gone from being a very interesting thread about Project SA into just another moveset thread... there's something wrong with that. I don't check this thread for moveset ideas/discussion. If I wanted that, I could go to any one of the numerous make your move competition threads. Was there really such a need to hijack an already established thread for this?
PW isn't dishing out any more info on PSA until he can finish it. so until then we're just spamming.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
See it started off as a question and turned into this lol. Sorry bout that.
In a way this is keeping the topic on the front page and bringing up what the project is capable of too. We're discussing how to impliment moves and such...but I'll stop if its really a problem.

Sukai

Smash Champion
It's not spam, it relative discussion, technically on topic.

Sorry that we aren't behaving exactly the way you want us to, but that's what happens when people are hyped about something, they talk about it.
We haven't violated any rules.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
oh, oh! had a great idea for sopo up b, but i would need to know if it would even be possible:

Snake's Up B properties with entrance animation (condor/dangling climber). could i even use that?

Yingyay

Smash Ace
oh, oh! had a great idea for sopo up b, but i would need to know if it would even be possible:

Snake's Up B properties with entrance animation (condor/dangling climber). could i even use that?
O_O Genius.
The only problem is drawing the animation and the actual effect of popo going up the way snake does.

Edit: @Leaf: you might just be right too. But all we would need is a script to call on the entrance, maybe we can manipulate it so that we only get the animation and probably even the Pterodactyl

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
O_O Genius.
The only problem is drawing the animation and the actual effect of popo going up the way snake does.

Edit: @Leaf: you might just be right too. But all we would need is a script to call on the entrance, maybe we can manipulate it so that we only get the animation and probably even the Pterodactyl
pretty sure it is called separately. but would it be possible to extend the duration of the animation? if thats the case then we could map the extended intro animation to snake's up b (like the 'Taunt to do character entrance' code), assuming of course that extending animations is even possible (doubtful). still, it would be really cool to see in a match.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I am going to make Melee Marth. I already know how to make shieldbreaker similar to the original one. And Dair will be much easier to pull off.

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
Since item generation is possible, I was thinking of a moveset based off of STH for shadow. Even though it was a bad game, I was actually able to make some moves for him.

Normal B= Shoot raygun
Side B= Light speed dash
Down B= Shoot a cracker launcher shot in a small arc
Up B= Chaos control

I could list the rest of his moveset but this isn't the make your move thread lol

camelot

Smash Ace
Why does everyone want to make characters like in Melee? Melee this, Melee that... I can understand clone characters, but it's really unnecessary to use this program to change characters to be exactly how they were in Melee. This is not Melee, this is Brawl. A different game. We should probably keep it that way.

NO.

...besides, who would the base character be?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Why does everyone want to make characters like in Melee? Melee this, Melee that... I can understand clone characters, but it's really unnecessary to use this program to change characters to be exactly how they were in Melee. This is not Melee, this is Brawl. A different game. We should probably keep it that way.

NO.

Well, many people find Melee absolutely amazing. With the same movesets as Melee, and the character balance of Brawl+, we have a much better game.

Sukai

Smash Champion
It's called an opinion, just because you won't support a Melee 2.0, doesn't mean everyone else won't.
As much as people ***** about how unformentioned games are too similar to Melee, there are an equal set of people who want something that is akin to Melee and there are also those who say Brawl+ would be more solid if it actually was a Melee 2.0, hell, that was the fuel for all the Brawl hype 2-3 years ago, people were exited for Brawl, because they were expecting a Melee with new/more characters/stages.
Melee is a great game, it's not a crime to want another game like it.

Besides, Brawl is kept as is, it's because of Brawl that people all around are inspired to take the Brawl engine and make modifications to or around it (i.e Brawl+ and Balanced Brawl). so please don't take the "This is Brawl" route. With the available hacks that are even making appearances in tourneys, that's apparently not the case here.
We aren't changing Brawl for everyone, just the people who want it changed.
And if people want a Melee 2.0, why can't they have it if they have the ability to make it?

Some characters were charished because of their Melee form, Marth, Sheik, Pikachu, etc. So again, it's not a bad thing to want it again, after all, it Melee that made them so great.
It's like an other video game.
Nice graphics, tight gameplay, great controls.
If these things grew a large fanbase, is it so wrong to simply give more of the same (of course with some innovation in between) to them, especially when they're expecting a tried and true formula?

Again, if you don't approve, that's you, but that alone doesn't mean it shouldn't happen.
I for one am fascinated to see a Melee 2.0, what will be in it? Will the wavedashing still be in and would it share similar properties to Melee? How about L-cancelling, hitstun, character tweaks.

It doesn't mean all the characters will (completely) adopt their Melee moveset, although by appeal, some will.
If people want it, why not?

NO.

Wolf.....

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Well remaking everything from scratch (model hacks), it would take quite a while to make something of brawl standard. The thing that i hate about model hacks, is that there will be floods of noobs going "WTF I DIDNT READ THE READ ME AND I CANT DO **** WITHOUT MY BALLS?!?!?!" and then there will be someone who helps and after that they will pour out this terribly, terrible spiky blob that everyone is gonna blam. But, it will give people who don't suck an opportunity to make something good.

RockXero77

Smash Cadet
could you make link's forward smash into marth or ike's while holding a beam sword? the 2 hit combo that marth or ike has while holding a beam sword? and can you make it so the stars don't come out of the star rod? and last question, can give link 2 swords? that would be sweet!

RockXero77

Smash Cadet
please tell me that you can make link have 2 swords. otherwise my drizzt is screwed. :(

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
Yes, you can give link a 2 hit combo. heck, you could give him a 10 hit combo. not sure about the star rod. you might be able to give him another sword, but it would have to be made of fire, ice, shadow, ect.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Well remaking everything from scratch (model hacks), it would take quite a while to make something of brawl standard. The thing that i hate about model hacks, is that there will be floods of noobs going "WTF I DIDNT READ THE READ ME AND I CANT DO **** WITHOUT MY BALLS?!?!?!" and then there will be someone who helps and after that they will pour out this lovable, blue-haired, moetrap with a combat knife that everyone is gonna blam. But, it will give people who don't suck an opportunity to make something good.
But of course. I look forward to that happening. =D

Top Bottom