• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project SA Q&A

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
That's........annoying.

Because, from the looks of it, Pharrox isn't goling to crack model hacking any time soon.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
That's........annoying.

Because, from the looks of it, Pharrox isn't goling to crack model hacking any time soon.
Exactly. So we have to wait for what could be months for an already-completed a nearly-completed program to come out?

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
[It's mostly already done, I plan on releasing it along side of Pharrox's model extractor/importer - I just need to get his okay first. My reason for doing so is because it would make PSA, as a whole, far more functional with many more options if it were released alongside hackable models.
notice the word mostly, it isn't 100% done. PW is just holding a completed program back.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
That's why we're upset. He's holding back, or rather will be holding back a completed program for something that may not come for another month or two.

This, and it kinda cockblock the wbr a bit, since they were gonna use project SA for stuff they didn't have codes for(Jiggs aerial mobility, JC Shine).

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Yeah, that's another thing. Now people are gonna be all over him to finish that as well. And chances are just trying to make it work is hard enough.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
thought people were psyched like i was, but i can understand where the tension comes through.

if PW's got enough faith in pharrox to bundle these fine pieces of work, then i'm sure pharrox can't be as far off as expected. he probably just wants to see his work come into fruition as he sees fit, an author's right.

codfish92

Smash Ace
thought people were psyched like i was, but i can understand where the tension comes through.

if PW's got enough faith in pharrox to bundle these fine pieces of work, then i'm sure pharrox can't be as far off as expected. he probably just wants to see his work come into fruition as he sees fit, an author's right.
no truer words were typed in a forum for a video game. he's right, PW can release it whenever he feels it should be released. and because no one else is making something like Project SA, PW will have no pressure in terms of competition on when to release it. we will just have to wait

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
oh come on! we've been waiting so long, and have come up with ideas already, then PW says that it can be released, but won't!? if he releases it now, it'll give us time to create our movesets for the models. if he releases this, it'll be something to hold us over.

PLEASE PHANTOM WINGS!!! RELEASE THIS PROGRAM!!! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH WE'VE BEEN LOOKING FOWARD TO THIS!!?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
oh come on! we've been waiting so long, and have come up with ideas already, then PW says that it can be released, but won't!? if he releases it now, it'll give us time to create our movesets for the models. if he releases this, it'll be something to hold us over.

PLEASE PHANTOM WINGS!!! RELEASE THIS PROGRAM!!! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH WE'VE BEEN LOOKING FOWARD TO THIS!!?
*sigh* You have no idea how much I agree with you, but... I guess Codfish and Sterowent are right...

codfish92

Smash Ace

he reveled plan zero like 2 months ago. we just found out what it can do like 3 weeks ago. we haven't been waiting so long.
(any one remember the "time child"?????)

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
I suppose I should explain why there has been no release/updates lately.

Spoiler:
It's mostly already done, I plan on releasing it along side of Pharrox's model extractor/importer - I just need to get his okay first. My reason for doing so is because it would make PSA, as a whole, far more functional with many more options if it were released alongside hackable models.

There you have it - sorry for the waiting.:)
****. I did two textures for it that look stupid without custom movesets. :p

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
it feels so much longer than 3 weeks

@neon

i know. i made an ice covered R.O.B, and it looks stupid using fire attacks. i also need to make a moveset for the official Plasmakirby mascot.

I plan on making a Machinima series with hacks. this program would really make it better

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
it feels so much longer than 3 weeks

@neon

i know. i made an ice covered R.O.B, and it looks stupid using fire attacks. i also need to make a moveset for the official Plasmakirby mascot.

I plan on making a Machinima series with hacks. this program would really make it better
I do too, once I get a new capture card working.
Though I think mine need model hacks as well, Groudon/Kyogre would look even better with models instead of just a Bowser texture.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Um... PW, you do realize that animations override the default bone positions. Models will actually look pretty crumby until we can change animations. Say if we tried to model hack Mewtwo, he would have a short tail and just generally out of proportion (and he would be one of the easier ones to do). PSA will be worse if its released with just model hacks, if you really want it to be at its full, you might as well wait for animation hacks.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
by the looks of pheonix mario.... THIS IS GONNA BE KICKASS!!! But it will really piss of the people that don't have the hacks in the game O.O
They might either bash the 'programmers' or us, 'program users' for having something uber cool compared to them scrubz. It's their problem though, you only need an SD card to have GeckoOS and the Homebrew channel.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
actually, from what pharrox has said in his thread, animation editing would only require a week's worth of his time, give or take, once model edits are available.

and, yeah, it's crazy how easy homebrew is to set up now. geez, with all this added on, i can't fathom how brawlers could stay away at all.

and this is before taking into account the inevitable 'Geno In Brawl LEGIT!(x5000)' youtubes that'll spring forth. (i wish to see the WBR take care of this themselves too, to ensure it comes out properly and feels sexy as hell)

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
what the heck. i'll post this here. i've sent messages to many of you, but this might help more

quote by phantom wings

Hmm... I'll tell you what, I have 59 spaces left in my inbox. If you can fill up those 59 spaces in the next four hours you log on then I will release PSA into the forums.

Of course, there are rules...

1. Only one message per person

2. Each message must be well thought out and coherently written. (no spam)

3. Each sender must have a post count of above 50 and can't have joined today.

4. Each sender must have known about Plan Zero at least a week prior to now. (no pulling random people off the internet streets)

Send one message to Phantom Wings that is thought out, and isn't spam. NOW!!!

Arkaether

Smash Ace
You expect 59 people to be on the forums, interested, who happen to read that message, at 10 in the morning, who are motivated enough to write a paragraph to PW?

You're insane.

...now excuse me, it is time to go write a paragraph.

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
well, it's worth a try.he said next time i signed in, so i kinda had no choice. if i try, i might succeed. if i don't try, i have no chance of succeeding. any way i could get the word around more?

Top Bottom