• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Visual Fixing/Updating Thread [Lastest Update: 10/03/15]

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!

The event that creates the spin effect reads from the used costume slot number and loads the respective effect from the FitRobot.pac file. For people that want to make recolors for VB ROB the best option would be using colors for the arms from the default recolors to avoid having to create new effects (each spin effect not only uses a different texture but also a different model) and thus avoid any headaches with huge filesize, having to set proper IDs for each effect and all that.

That said, while fixing this I found that the effects other than the red one disappear later. I'll look into that later.

EDIT: fixed! http://www.mediafire.com/download/k9j7p1r31yvc45b/FitRobot - spin effect back for VB ROB and duration of the effect fixed for every costume.pac

Two fixes in one. Not only brings back the spin effect for the VB costume but also makes all the effects last the same.
I'll add this to the front page when I can! Been extremly bust with so much going on around me lately!

Big head Falco things:

These parts don't fully connect, so they have holes in them.

Racer Falcon things:

Under the shoulder pad

Scarf doesn't fully connect

Arm doesn't fully connect + hole in glove
;-----------------------------------------------------; (You know exactly why I'm crying right now!) I can and will fix this at some point in case anyone wonders, same with anything else with holes! And no one make any lewd puns!

I don't think this has been mentioned yet. Marth's Sigurd costume has a janky right heal.
Ohhh, interesting! I'll look into fixing that!

EDIT: Almost Double posted sorry!

Someone on Brawl Vault posted a fix for the stock icons.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207842
Thanks for the link! I'll check this out and see if it can replace the current stock issues on the front page!

Hey guys, I'm a bit late, but I know of a fix for the Samus Jetpack problem, at least the light suit, all the while keeping canon to the Metroid design.
Someone made a Dark Suit Samus mod a while back on the Brawl Vault, which included the gravity boost:

When you export the model of the Dark Suit, you can import the gravity boost as a new object to the Light Suit and Fusion Suit in Brawl Box, which goes where the jet streams come from. Sadly, the texture is very unfitting, and I can't texture. If someone makes me textures, I'll go ahead and make the proper fix, at least, if I have the time. It's also a bit big, but that could be fixed with a quick vertex work.
I like this idea though not sure how it'll look in game on the other suits, I'm hoping someone would work on fixing the jetpacks for the next release or so, if not I can work on it! I have ways to get around it!

yeah but, that same jetpack never stacks over the original light suit in the original game :p
is it possible to change the rigging/bone/mesh placement of the thruster effects? there are no hitboxes of hurtboxes attached to it AFAIK, so i think it's viable to just move them to a place that looks like a jetpack, or make them invisible as a temporary fix, but that way it would sacrifice consistency :T
Basically what Taiko said, editing the bones would break a lot of things, even affecting hitboxes.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I'll check that later, but I think filesize would be a problem.
You see this guy?!

This is the cool guy!

Yeah, I heard that Samus and Zero Suit Samus are low on filesize stuff, like, they share the same filesize or whatever?
I dunno, black magic.

Rage83

Smash Ace
I'll add this to the front page when I can! Been extremly bust with so much going on around me lately!

;-----------------------------------------------------; (You know exactly why I'm crying right now!) I can and will fix this at some point in case anyone wonders, same with anything else with holes! And no one make any lewd puns!

Ohhh, interesting! I'll look into fixing that!

EDIT: Almost Double posted sorry!

Thanks for the link! I'll check this out and see if it can replace the current stock issues on the front page!

I like this idea though not sure how it'll look in game on the other suits, I'm hoping someone would work on fixing the jetpacks for the next release or so, if not I can work on it! I have ways to get around it!

Basically what Taiko said, editing the bones would break a lot of things, even affecting hitboxes.
The jetpacks can be fixed by using a moveset edit to attach the harmless graphic to a different bone for just those two costumes. However, I don't know how to edit Samus' moveset file without a crash, as it does not agree well with Brawlbox editing.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
You see this guy?!

This is the cool guy!
rofl

I have to work now so I'll try to finish this tomorrow. I can't imagine how to make this for the fusion suit though.

The jetpacks can be fixed by using a moveset edit to attach the harmless graphic to a different bone for just those two costumes. However, I don't know how to edit Samus' moveset file without a crash, as it does not agree well with Brawlbox editing.
Use PSA 2.70.

Last edited:

Rage83

Smash Ace
rofl

I have to work now so I'll try to finish this tomorrow. I can't imagine how to make this for the fusion suit though.
You could simply remove it for the Fusion suit costume, as it doesn't really have an appropriate place for the jetpack flames.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
You could simply remove it for the Fusion suit costume, as it doesn't really have an appropriate place for the jetpack flames.
Yeah, right now it's the best solution. up taunt looks kinda empty though.

In the end I was able to finish it today!:

Retro costume's jetpack isn't symmetrical though. I'm not sure if it's caused by the rig or the model itself isn't symmetrical.

https://www.mediafire.com/?71j2xg136kn7myt

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Since this isn't appearing in my Watched Threads list ever, I'm posting in here possibly for the second time.

Since I'm doing that, thanks for noticing these little details, I love it when people do work like this. That also goes for costume designers like Nanobuds, who is second to almost no one Jesus

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Since this isn't appearing in my Watched Threads list ever, I'm posting in here possibly for the second time.

Since I'm doing that, thanks for noticing these little details, I love it when people do work like this. That also goes for costume designers like Nanobuds, who is second to almost no one Jesus
Don't you hate it when that happens?! I wonder if there's a way to prevent it, I keep missing out on official stage discussions. Just because I don't know what to say and don't want to comment every day doesn't mean I don't want to see stuff!
Yeah, right now it's the best solution. up taunt looks kinda empty though.

In the end I was able to finish it today!:

Retro costume's jetpack isn't symmetrical though. I'm not sure if it's caused by the rig or the model itself isn't symmetrical.

https://www.mediafire.com/?71j2xg136kn7myt
You're a god, though I'm surprised you didn't put the jets on the Crystally thingies of the Fusion suit! Did it not look right or something? I love it, it's beautiful, ship it, package it, send it in.

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I agree with Nefnoj on this. While there'd be one less jet boost (four on other suits, three on this one), this series is known for taking creative liberties with the material, such as Lucas and Ness learning PK moves for Smash or the creation of Mario Tornado and Peach Bomber, or the fact that Jigglypuff sleeping causes an energy buildup that causes mass damage. Why can't Fusion Suit Samus simply have had a Jet Pack for added functionality to prepare for her opponents?

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Because I can't do that :v

The effect itself isn't one flame but both. I can't move them separately. I can only move the effect, rotate it around the bone it's attached to and resize it to try to fit the holes.

The lower holes of the fusion suit are so close that the effect would need to become too small in order to fit them, and there's just no way to only create one flame for the upper one.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord

The effect itself isn't one flame but both. I can't move them separately. I can only move the effect, rotate it around the bone it's attached to and resize it to try to fit the holes.

The lower holes of the fusion suit are so close that the effect would need to become too small in order to fit them, and there's just no way to only create one flame for the upper one.
Oh weird! But that makes sense.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Now that I think about it, another place where the flames would make sense would be the boots. At least for the jumps.

But it would look out of place with just one of the costumes having that and actually it would make more sense to have every costume have that.

IDK, this feels like something that should be in Alts and Arts rather than Visual Fixing.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Agreed. Personally, I think it's best blank the way you did it... In Metroid Prime 2, those holes are where the jets come from, but in Metroid Fusion, it's never explicitly stated what the back jewel thingies are for.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64

Ahhh okay. I didn't realize that was a limitation! I mean it looks just as good without them, and Samus didn't have them in Fusion, so canon points haha. I suppose you could create holes on the model to put them in somewhere, but it might not be needed.

Obskore

Smash Ace
hi there, popping in to point out (really minimal) that when the characters walk on the Metal Cavern stage, it doesn't sound like metal, maybe there are some other mistakes like this on other stages, gotta check out
btw, iirc the footstep sound is controlled via collision editing, so it might be quick and easy to fix up

Last edited:

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
hi there, popping in to point out (really minimal) that chen the characters walk on the Metal Cavern stage, it doesn't sound like metal, maybe there are some other mistakes like this on other stages, gotta check out
btw, iirc the footstep sound is controlled via collision editing, so it might be quick and easy to fix up
If you're talking about the clanking sound in the original N64 game, that was only Metal Mario's footsteps. I think having that in the PM stage would be very distracting.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
If you're talking about the clanking sound in the original N64 game, that was only Metal Mario's footsteps. I think having that in the PM stage would be very distracting.
It could be an effect for Metal Boxes as a whole or just on that stage, the latter of which I'm sure might be a bit hard to program

MagicManNo9

Now that I think about it, another place where the flames would make sense would be the boots. At least for the jumps.

But it would look out of place with just one of the costumes having that and actually it would make more sense to have every costume have that.

IDK, this feels like something that should be in Alts and Arts rather than Visual Fixing.
Very VERY thankful for that fix on the Samus man! That made so much of a difference in game when I tested her! That and the ROB fix is fantastic! Added to the front page and credited!

I also updated the stock icons link to that guy on the vault, confirmed that his fix does include the Gold/Black Armour Mewtwo fix!

Hey guys!
Look what I found on the vault! Roy fixy fixy
Oh wow! Messaged him and hoping to hear back from him so I can mix his fix with the Roy one! I was amazed at that! Same guy as the Stock fixing!

hi there, popping in to point out (really minimal) that chen the characters walk on the Metal Cavern stage, it doesn't sound like metal, maybe there are some other mistakes like this on other stages, gotta check out
I need to take a look into this! Though Just reading the comments after sorta explains it (Will look and see regardless though! Every little helps!)

STATUS UPDATE:

Starting to get back in gear after work has been settling down (Honestly, I think I love my job so things have been working brilliantly at work so I'm feeling good!) so I can finally get back in gear with the rest of the CSPs here!

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Hey guys!
Look what I found on the vault! Roy fixy fixy
Wellll they were kinda left like that for lag reasons... You will only see that when you zoom in to the model real close, so we didn't think it was a big deal. Even some vBrawl models are like that.

But that was before the tristripper was done. So maybe it won't lag anymore.

EDIT: The hole in Falco's foot is due to the texture. It won't appear in-game, since he doesn't have transparency applied to his materials.

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
no, not those step sounds, i meant there ARE faint metal footsteps in the game for use with the stage, they're used in other stages like Shadow Moses. No need for the Metal Mario steps :p

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
hi there, popping in to point out (really minimal) that when the characters walk on the Metal Cavern stage, it doesn't sound like metal, maybe there are some other mistakes like this on other stages, gotta check out
If you're using my sfx... I had to get rid of that sound to prevent loud popping noises on that stage whenever somebody took a step... I had to do that for a lot of the vBrawl footsteps actually... So silleh. Until someone provides a fix to prevent SuperSawndz inserting rando' popping sounds in places... they'll just have to be like that. Riddlrr was looking into how the PMBR managed to fix their popping sounds for me. Hopefully I'll have a way to fix this sooner than later! Heheh.

It could be an effect for Metal Boxes as a whole or just on that stage, the latter of which I'm sure might be a bit hard to program
Or it could be what they ^ said if vProject M SFX are being used.

Edit: Also that Roy fix with his skirt is QUITE the catch! Props to that guy.

EditEdit: Also there is one thing I've had a small issue with in PM that... I'm not sure anybody can fix. Doc Mario's pills have the same sound effect when they bounce off the ground as regular Mario's FireBall... I think it would be more aesthetically pleasing if that could be changed to the appropriate sound from Melee... That "thud" sorta sound.

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
If you're using my sfx... I had to get rid of that sound to prevent loud popping noises on that stage whenever somebody took a step... I had to do that for a lot of the vBrawl footsteps actually... So silleh. Until someone provides a fix to prevent SuperSawndz inserting rando' popping sounds in places... they'll just have to be like that. Riddlrr was looking into how the PMBR managed to fix their popping sounds for me. Hopefully I'll have a way to fix this sooner than later! Heheh.
i've noticed that when using vPM sounds, Samus does have the popping issue in some sounds, like the missile shots, the second jump, and Dtilt

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
So when DK does his dash attack one of his legs janks out super hard and goes into his body. I'd post a picture of it but I idk how lol.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Would there be any chance to include all the fixes in one convenient .zip file, so all we have to do is extract it into the pf folder?
Wellll they were kinda left like that for lag reasons... You will only see that when you zoom in to the model real close, so we didn't think it was a big deal. Even some vBrawl models are like that.

But that was before the tristripper was done. So maybe it won't lag anymore.

EDIT: The hole in Falco's foot is due to the texture. It won't appear in-game, since he doesn't have transparency applied to his materials.
What is this... "Tristripper" magic?
I figured the bits were left out for a reason, I didn't even notice it in-game.

Last edited:

thatonezero

Smash Rookie
Wow this is perfect. Will it all be assembled into one download? I hope so, because that's a lot of links. o.o
Excellent work to everyone, by the way! :)

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Would there be any chance to include all the fixes in one convenient .zip file, so all we have to do is extract it into the pf folder?

What is this... "Tristripper" magic?
I figured the bits were left out for a reason, I didn't even notice it in-game.
Optimizes nodes on a model by 300%. The first BBox importer tripled the nodes for some reason, making filesize and lag a huge problem for models.

Juken

Smash Ace
Would you guys consider doing a new Wario model that fits his Project M animations better, like how you guys did an improved Roy?

IF you consider it, maybe the arms could be bigger like his Wario Land sprite since that's what his moveset's based off of? That'd be a great addition to see for PM for one of my favorite peeps.

Granfalloon

Smash Cadet
Would you guys consider doing a new Wario model that fits his Project M animations better, like how you guys did an improved Roy?

IF you consider it, maybe the arms could be bigger like his Wario Land sprite since that's what his moveset's based off of? That'd be a great addition to see for PM for one of my favorite peeps.
This would be one of my most wanted things aesthetically out of PM, it'd just look awesome and more true to WL Wario.
Wario's Brawl model is just too stumpy imo, arms need to be beefier and a small height increase would be nice too.

Rage83

Smash Ace
This would be one of my most wanted things aesthetically out of PM, it'd just look awesome and more true to WL Wario.
Wario's Brawl model is just too stumpy imo, arms need to be beefier and a small height increase would be nice too.
The beefier arms would need a model edit, but I've made a moveset edit for him to be his actual height compared to Mario. It's built off of Project M Star's "heavy" version of Wario too, so he is actually slightly reworked around being a bit heavier than the Mario Bros. (109 compared to their 100)

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman

I want this. But I don't think this fits in with the purpose of the thread considering that there aren't any errors or glitches with the current model.

I've made a moveset edit for him to be his actual height compared to Mario. It's built off of Project M Star's "heavy" version of Wario too, so he is actually slightly reworked around being a bit heavier than the Mario Bros. (109 compared to their 100)
Got a link to this?

Hedgie

Smash Apprentice
Dumb question, but how can you combine patches in one character such as Roy?

Last edited:

SecondNova

Smash Cadet
What happened to the remastered brawl CSPs i haven't seen any added recently.... i like them please do more

MagicManNo9

Dumb question, but how can you combine patches in one character such as Roy?
Roy has already been put together, I've yet to update with the one of the vault but I'll get to it when I can!

What happened to the remastered brawl CSPs i haven't seen any added recently.... i like them please do more
Sorry! Been going at it really hard, preparing multiple releases of them over this week and next!

Patience. They take time to do, and I'm sure Codex is trying his best to get them done.
Thanks! Basically this! I've been also trying to improve CSP making since and I think I've managed to break past my usual remastered stuff here with:

TOON LINK:

I hope I've not left anything out for Toon Link, had to take extra care with him to take into account the additonal shield and sword extra and Outset to match the default pose:

For those that wonder Outset doesn't have a Sheath by default so I placed his sword there instead which I think fits pretty well, also the pack includes an additional Master Sword optional choice just in case anyone goes with that temp fix.

Also I'll be updating all of the CSP packs soon! Special thanks to @Ondo for this in advance, but there has been a success in compressing the filesize whilst retaining the original CSP quality via CI8 compression, I won't go into detail just yet as lots of things are still being worked on with that, and his thread explains it much better detail but basically for those who aren't sure, but I mentioned it before but there is now a way to make all CSPs CI8 AND keep file size much smaller, again still being worked through so look forward to that!

I'll be doing more soon enough, even in batches I'll say! So look forward to that, hope these CSPs are to everyone's liking.

Last edited:

SecondNova

Smash Cadet
Roy has already been put together, I've yet to update with the one of the vault but I'll get to it when I can!

Sorry! Been going at it really hard, preparing multiple releases of them over this week and next!

Thanks! Basically this! I've been also trying to improve CSP making since and I think I've managed to break past my usual remastered stuff here with:

TOON LINK:

I hope I've not left anything out for Toon Link, had to take extra care with him to take into account the additonal shield and sword extra and Outset to match the default pose:

For those that wonder Outset doesn't have a Sheath by default so I placed his sword there instead which I think fits pretty well, also the pack includes an additional Master Sword optional choice just in case anyone goes with that temp fix.

Also I'll be updating all of the CSP packs soon! Special thanks to @Ondo for this in advance, but there has been a success in compressing the filesize whilst retaining the original CSP quality via CI8 compression, I won't go into detail just yet as lots of things are still being worked on with that, and his thread explains it much better detail but basically for those who aren't sure, but I mentioned it before but there is now a way to make all CSPs CI8 AND keep file size much smaller, again still being worked through so look forward to that!

I'll be doing more soon enough, even in batches I'll say! So look forward to that, hope these CSPs are to everyone's liking.
Dont rush yourself i was only wondering, anyways great work i love love these, but please take your time

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I don't know if I should show this here, but yolo.
Well, I didn't see it posted, but there are other problems with Marth as well,
One is you can see the inside of his face behind his ear,
And he has a minor animation bug, with sigurd Marth on his non sword weilding hand,
when he uses d-tilt.

Last edited:
Top Bottom