• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Visual Fixing/Updating Thread [Lastest Update: 10/03/15]

Taiko

Smash Ace
More fixes! The diffference in Big Boss's head bothered me, so I swapped it out with the Brawl one. I did various other optimizations as well, and was also able to double the main camo texture, so you'll notice an increase in quality there too.

Comparisons:

Credit to @ MagicManNo9 MagicManNo9 for the screens!

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure I've seen this mentioned somewhere else or maybe in this very thread, but since it isn't in the OP: the result screens stage creates a green effect on the characters. I'm away from the laptop so no screenshots.

Also, Link's entrance animation also has dancing legs.

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I'm pretty sure I've seen this mentioned somewhere else or maybe in this very thread, but since it isn't in the OP: the result screens stage creates a green effect on the characters. I'm away from the laptop so no screenshots.

Also, Link's entrance animation also has dancing legs.
What do you mean exactly by dancing legs haha?

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Its supposed to happen... it is part of the lighting effects.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
They shake a bit in the part of the animation where Link's on the floor.
This happens with a lot of animations. Roy's taunt (I think up?) and some others as well. But when played in BBox and stuff they look fine. So idk what's up.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
This happens with a lot of animations. Roy's taunt (I think up?) and some others as well. But when played in BBox and stuff they look fine. So idk what's up.
In Link's Entry animation case you can also see how they shake in BB.

It's not as bad as the side taunt but still needs to be fixed. I can try my hand at it, but it will probably look as stiff as my side taunt edit.
The lights below the stage, between the tiles.
Unless I'm missing something, they are light blue:

Maybe it's a Dolphin only thing but I can't test on my Wii since it's PAL.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
I'm almost positive we made them green... I'll test it again after classes today. Thats weird..

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
I've just made a quick search for PM 3.5 matches on u2b and they are also blue on a Wii.
You're right. My bad. They were green when we first made the stage. Forgot they were changed to blue.

I'll be sure that gets fixed for the patch. Thanks!

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
You're right. My bad. They were green when we first made the stage. Forgot they were changed to blue.

Speaking of the patch, out of curiosity will anything from this thread be implemented?

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Speaking of the patch, out of curiosity will anything from this thread be implemented?
All of the needed fixes will, yeah. We already fixed most of the issues ourselves when we found this thread, but this sure helped us find anything that we missed.

Draco_The

Smash Lord

No prob.

Another thing I commented earlier, either in this thread or in the PM Arts and Alts one, is that Ness' up and down smash charge animations are missing both the yellow flash and the "blinking star" effects, but since the charge animations also have hitboxes on the yo-yo it may be a special case. vBrawl also had a hitbox on both charge animations and it was also lacking those effects, but IMO they look out of place.

When grabbing a metal box the yo-yo doesn't have the metal effect. This is also from Brawl.

And while Lucas' bat shrinks after his forward smash, Ness' doesn't and just suddenly disappears. From Brawl too.

Thoughts on this?

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
Annnd here we go, Not just Snake but Yoshi and Olimar!

Credit to Taiko for glorious Snake Alt Colors!

Olimar has an optional Hair pack as well for those that wanted to default hair!

Annnnd There we go! Enjoy!

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace

Olimar has an optional Hair pack as well for those that wanted to default hair!

Annnnd There we go! Enjoy!
I got a question. Will you be doing CSP for EVERY SINGLE character?

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman

All three of these character updates look wonderful, and these Snake poses are perfect. You're the only poser I've seen to really get Snake right. The PMDT should really consider using these portraits when you finish them.

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord

Regarding the new alt colors for the Big Boss alt, I really think that the red one should be the "squares" camo instead of the "fire" one since the default alt already has that camo.

In regards to the other two new colors, the color of this part of the costumes needs to be changed into gray in "water" camo's case and into green in "leaf" camo's case.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Regarding the new alt colors for the Big Boss alt, I really think that the red one should be the "squares" camo instead of the "fire" one since the default alt already has that camo.

In regards to the other two new colors, the color of this part of the costumes needs to be changed into gray in "water" camo's case and into green in "leaf" camo's case.
They were kept them the same as the default costume for consistency's sake, so if you see two Snakes on a team they'd have the same camo kinda thing.

And the sleeves were changed to make them more identifiable for teams. The bags were changed for this reason as well. It wouldn't be too hard to switch them back to the default green-ish colour, though.

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
They were kept them the same as the default costume for consistency's sake, so if you see two Snakes on a team they'd have the same camo kinda thing.

And the sleeves were changed to make them more identifiable for teams. The bags were changed for this reason as well. It wouldn't be too hard to switch them back to the default green-ish colour, though.
But the others alt colors don't have the same camos as the default costume. Only the fire one is the same for both Snakes.

And I think that changing the sleeves to the original colors wouldn't make it difficult to tell which side the Snake player is on. In regards to the bags I'm not so sure on that. Only two of the default costume's colors actually have different colors for them.

Also I think that the red color should have a red headband as well, just like the default costume's one.

Taiko

Smash Ace
But the others alt colors don't have the same camos as the default costume. Only the fire one is the same for both Snakes.

And I think that changing the sleeves to the original colors wouldn't make it difficult to tell which side the Snake player is on. In regards to the bags I'm not so sure on that. Only two of the default costume's colors actually have different colors for them.

Also I think that the red color should have a red headband as well, just like the default costume's one.
Green is actually the only one that's not shared with Brawl's since Brawl's wasn't present in MGS3. The blue water one is in P:M as the default blue costume, which is why I picked that over another blue like the Splitter camo.

As for the bags, they're also a more neutral colour on the Brawl costume, so the contrast in the bags isn't as noticeable as green would be. Green is a bit harder to balance the same way.

As for the red headband, that's a good catch, I'll swap that up later.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Green is actually the only one that's not shared with Brawl's since Brawl's wasn't present in MGS3. The blue water one is in P:M as the default blue costume, which is why I picked that over another blue like the Splitter camo.

As for the bags, they're also a more neutral colour on the Brawl costume, so the contrast in the bags isn't as noticeable as green would be. Green is a bit harder to balance the same way.

As for the red headband, that's a good catch, I'll swap that up later.
Well, Brawl's Solid Snake is pretty much a frankenstein. He has stuff from Solid and Naked. I don't see any problem with giving the Big Boss alt the green color from the default costume. Regarding the blue one I couldn't tell that it was the same one due to the color.

MagicManNo9

Well, Brawl's Solid Snake is pretty much a frankenstein. He has stuff from Solid and Naked. I don't see any problem with giving the Big Boss alt the green color from the default costume. Regarding the blue one I couldn't tell that it was the same one due to the color.
I personally think it looks fine and others seem to think that as well, that and if we keep making changes I would need to re-render all of that again and it's a lot of work just doing those recolors.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Ok ok, I admit defeat. Don't kill me guys :sadsheep:

I've been wondering what's the thing that causes Roy and Mewtwo to still speak under the effects of a metal box and I think it has to do with the fact that they are using replaced boss sounds and the metal box psa may only mute VA sounds. I never touched any item psa file so I may be 100% wrong.

But anyway I've found a way to mute them from the File(char).pac file. I'll try to get it done for tomorrow since it's already pretty late here. It's just checking if the RA bit number 18, the one that controls whether or not the character has a metal box, and if it's 0 it will play the VA sound effect and otherwise will play nothing.

Last edited:

Mewphelis

Smash Apprentice
I found out why Sonic's running trail doesn't show different colors for some of the skins. In the FitSonic.pac in the texture data has eff_sonic_runtrece_xx which are the running trail files. All that needs to be done is to make custom running trails for the costume skins.

EDIT: Made a FitSonic.pac the trails might be sloppy, haven't tested it out yet. https://www.dropbox.com/s/4x4ic6a919mlc0j/FitSonic.pac?dl=0

EDIT...again: The running trail doesn't work because 3d models and some other stuff in the FitSonic.pac need to be made for it.

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Another problem I just found is that Roy, Ike and Marth go through the stage when going from air counter to ground counter. That didn't happen in Brawl. I'll try to fix that as well.

Also, Mewtwo's down and forward smash charging animations are missing the "blinking star" effect.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Mewtwo with muted VA for Metal Box and the missing effect for those animations:
link deleted

BUT problems:
· I couldn't get that variable to work. It seems to be forever stuck in "0". Maybe it's not even a variable that controls the Metal Box in the first place since in the opensa page it says "Old Table", but IDK. The workaround was using the variable that controls the remaining time for the metal box effect. As long as it's "0", the moveset file will play the VA sounds. The problem is that in the special brawl mode with metal enabled, that variable starts with the max value, and then decreases like normal. If you happen to perform an action that has a VA in the exact frame the variable is at 0, it will play the VA. Chances are very minimal, but reporting it anyway. The variable then goes beyond 0 so that's the only problem.
- Another problem that only affects special brawl with metal enabled is that I don't know where the ko, screen ko and star ko subactions in the file are so I can't mute those sounds.

If anyone knows how to solve those I'd be very thankful.

EDIT: there's another problem I didn't think of previously and that I just found while toying with Roy: if you get killed while using the Metal Box the timer won't be resetted to 0 and thus he'll be missing the VA sounds after respawning.

Looks like the workaround wasn't that good so I'm taking down the link.

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

On phone right now but wanted to say I have a 5 character CSP update tommorow evening, I will be aiming to hopefully have all characters done by the end of next week.

Tommorows 5 CSPs will be Captain Falcon, Lucario, ROB, Ness and Lucas, I have the first three done but just need to touch up a couple of things! Will continue after work tommorow!

MagicManNo9

I made a promise to deliver... and I shall deliver!

Special Thanks to Taiko for going running through this before I released it to get the best quality possible! Specifically Lucas and Ness, and Falcon as well as helping me render Ness! I've gone up another step I think going up the steps in rendering! Specially in the Lighting department I'd like to think, but I'll leave that for you all to decide!

With this I'll also be pointing out I'll be re-doing a couple of the old ones, but won't take any additonal time I can assure you! In any case I need to sleep since I got to be up for work in about 7 or so hours! Spent all night doing this but I hope you all like these! They include everything! And I'm going all out! But right now I'm sleeping!

I'll add Character select icons and a few other things tomorrow as I don't have much time right now! Anyway enjoy!

Last edited:

SecondNova

Smash Cadet

Special Thanks to Taiko for going running through this before I released it to get the best quality possible! Specifically Lucas and Ness, and Falcon, I've gone up another step I think going up the steps in rendering! Specially in the Lighting department I'd like to think, but I'll leave that for you all to decide!

With this I'll also be pointing out I'll be re-doing a couple of the old ones, but won't take any additonal time I can assure you! In any case I need to sleep since I got to be up for work in about 7 or so hours! Spent all night doing this but I hope you all like these! They include everything! And I'm going all out! But right now I'm sleeping!

I'll add Character select icons and a few other things tomorrow as I don't have much time right now! Anyway enjoy!
My life is complete, hail Captain Falcon

Taiko

Smash Ace
I said it before, but ROB's renders look ridiculously close to the Brawl ones...

Last edited:

RadiantThunder4

Smash Cadet
Sorry that I haven't been as active lately, but I have been keeping up on this thread, and I am still amazed by the quality of these CSPs Codex! Once again, sorry that I haven't been around as much to reply to all your latest updates.

Also, I would possibly like to point out a few things:

1. In Skyloft, there seems to be this shading glitch especially on the left column. Sometimes, when you are standing under it, there is shading on the top of the column. Also, the Landmaster bugs where you fly off the screen and die are pretty common on this stage, but I believe this glitch is on other stages as well.

2. Is it just me, or is the stage pictures, when selecting a stage, really bad quality? Some are okay, but some are really bad, like Rainbow Cruise. They are really blurry, and I don't believe it was like that in other builds. Or this could be a side effect of the new menu design?

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace

Special Thanks to Taiko for going running through this before I released it to get the best quality possible! Specifically Lucas and Ness, and Falcon as well as helping me render Ness! I've gone up another step I think going up the steps in rendering! Specially in the Lighting department I'd like to think, but I'll leave that for you all to decide!

All hail Captain falcon, ness is OKAY! (if you know what i mean) Would love to see the blue blur and yellow waft get some CSPs.

Top Bottom