• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Visual Fixing/Updating Thread [Lastest Update: 10/03/15]

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
Will you be adding CSS icons for each release or do they come seperate
I shall be adding them when I get back from work today! The CSS icons are actually on the front page but I should bundle them up, once I start compressing CSPs I'll get to that!

Sorry that I haven't been as active lately, but I have been keeping up on this thread, and I am still amazed by the quality of these CSPs Codex! Once again, sorry that I haven't been around as much to reply to all your latest updates.

Also, I would possibly like to point out a few things:

1. In Skyloft, there seems to be this shading glitch especially on the left column. Sometimes, when you are standing under it, there is shading on the top of the column. Also, the Landmaster bugs where you fly off the screen and die are pretty common on this stage, but I believe this glitch is on other stages as well.

2. Is it just me, or is the stage pictures, when selecting a stage, really bad quality? Some are okay, but some are really bad, like Rainbow Cruise. They are really blurry, and I don't believe it was like that in other builds. Or this could be a side effect of the new menu design?
Thanks! And no problemo!

I can't make a comment on the stage and landmaster thing (will take a look at what you mean, screenshots would help I'd say!) but the stage select is due to file size reasons I would have thought, will look into that thanks!

All hail Captain falcon, ness is OKAY! (if you know what i mean) Would love to see the blue blur and yellow waft get some CSPs.
Don't worry! I plan to get them all done so I can promise you that!

I said it before, but ROB's renders look ridiculously close to the Brawl ones...
Ever since you said that I can't unsee it, it's scarily close and I posed him from scratch.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
The CSPs are awesome man. Do you plan on doing some of your own poses once the default poses are all remastered?

ライオン

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiotSword
3DS FC
5214-9919-0198
Dohoho, I'm glad you like!

This had made me laugh way too hard, fixing that now!

Ohh right, that clarifies a few things, I had known that hitboxes/hurtboxes aren't affected by size differences but wasn't sure how much of difference before it became an issue, thanks for explaining!

Also that's really good to here about the lag issues with the models, was looking at the nodes earlier and comparing the file size.

UPDATE:

Roy Update today, before there was a Roy update but I had to organised a few things, sort out texturing and additional fixes so everything isn't mixed up, at the very least, not to make thing hairy:

Comparion to melee Roy here:

Really bad puns aside, the left is the Roy, Originally I remember noticing this issue whenever I would take screenshots of Roy, and that his hair would cover his eye too much to the point it's quite noticable, credit to the Taiko for the fix, I more or less just put additional together, fixing up the Final Smash Eye texture and re-doing the 01 cape texture fix, oh and those that wonder, the FS eye was different and smaller than Roy's original eye so I updated that.

You can get the download here:

Also yes! These include an optional Sheath pack for those who want it! Speaking of which, to make things even better for Roy:

Have some Roy CSPs! These include all of the following:
- Default Roy
- Sheath Roy
- Hair Fix Roy
- Hair Fix Sheath Roy

This remastered CSP was made so you can also include the Sheath so it fits well with the pose, here's a visual example of what I mean:

and

Hope that makes sense!

Additonally I'm still updating the front page but on the topic of Roy, here's a link to Amaze's SFX 3.5 Roy fix, this doesn't fix the metal box but does help fix various audio sync issues with certain things like one of his IYAAA taunts:

With that here's a link to Mewtwo's one as well:

Still updating the page with people's uploads, lastly here's the my music fix thanks to NFreak:

Quite a big update, you'll be amazed on how much of a difference this Roy update makes! Even surprised myself when I put them all together! Hope you all enjoy!

I made a version of this CSP for Crixler's Master Lord Roy recolor. My editing skills are not the best, so I couldn't really recolor the armor to what it's supposed to be (In fact, the way I changed the cape color was pretty ghetto, haha). But the armor color isn't too different than the default. Better than nothing, I would say.

Mewphelis

Smash Apprentice
I made a version of this CSP for Crixler's Master Lord Roy recolor. My editing skills are not the best, so I couldn't really recolor the armor to what it's supposed to be (In fact, the way I changed the cape color was pretty ghetto, haha). But the armor color isn't too different than the default. Better than nothing, I would say.

IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL! :joyful:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Yea I know, I thought I'd just share it.
Take that to the Falco subforum in Character Discussion. There's no point behind bringing that here.

Anyway, I couldn't find anything to solve the issue with Mewtwo and Roy with a metal box. The only thing I found is that the LA bit #12 turns 1 when grabbing a metal box (I tried it with a bunch of other items and only the metal box seems to change that), but it doesn't go back to 0 once the metal effect ends. I guess this variable just tells the other one that controls the time of the metal box to start.

I couldn't find anything strange with Marth's and co Fit(character).pac files when it comes to their counters and the animations are the same as Brawl's (at least Marth's). Other characters also have similar problems (going through the floor a little bit before going from airborne attack to ground attack), but these are the most obvious ones. Maybe it has to do with codes or something. 3.5 is the first version of PM I've played so I don't know if this was also in previous versions. I've searched for a 3.0 download but couldn't find anything.

MagicManNo9

A quick update from me! Been busy at work and whatnot, but the current plans I have to get all CSPs done is that I'm creating all the poses first rather than in groups, this way it's much faster (On my side of things when getting to it)

Also Lucas's alt has a larger head, or so I noticed this when I was rendering (The CSP has the default head just in case) I can fix this if needed but currently awayish right now!

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
A quick update from me! Been busy at work and whatnot, but the current plans I have to get all CSPs done is that I'm creating all the poses first rather than in groups, this way it's much faster (On my side of things when getting to it)

Also Lucas's alt has a larger head, or so I noticed this when I was rendering (The CSP has the default head just in case) I can fix this if needed but currently awayish right now!
Peach CSP incoming when..?

:33

SecondNova

Smash Cadet
I hate to be asking for so much but do you think that when your ready you can maybe add some vBrawl CSS icons cause I really like your work and I'd like to use it across multiple smash games, but if you don't want to or are too busy do it when you want

Mewphelis

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

MagicManNo9

Peach CSP incoming when..?

:33
They'll all be in a batch! Doing them all in one shot! Hopefully Sunday if I get it all goes according to plan!

I hate to be asking for so much but do you think that when your ready you can maybe add some vBrawl CSS icons cause I really like your work and I'd like to use it across multiple smash games, but if you don't want to or are too busy do it when you want
Not at all, I can totally do that! As I am doing optional vBrawl CSPs/BPs, expect them in the pack when I finalise everything on the Sunday if not Monday (I'm pretty much doing all of these remaining characters on my own haha, with the assistance of rendering and run downs with Taiko!)

Also people were probably wondering what I mean about re-doing CSPs, after Ness and Lucas I got more into the lighting aspect of it and even to this day still trying to get better and better (There's no limit I say!) But I digress, here's the example of what I mean with Toon Link:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

I hope people can see how much of a difference doing this correctly can show, but this is what I mean in terms of improving the quality of some CSPs, there's a huge difference with the old Ness CSP I had done to the one that came out, I personally think it just looks so much better, and for those who wonder no worries! This won't effect the time of getting it all done, re-doing renders don't take as much time as I have it all set up for those characters that been done before haha.

EDIT: To see a better difference, you can open both images in another tab and flick between them to get a better view of it.

Also I'll update the thread when I get to finishing these, going all out on this, I apologies if I've not replied to anyone and whatnot, been too focused on this and my current programming job, anyway that's enough blogging but I felt that I wanted you all to know or see how much of a difference CSPs can change by adjusting a few things!

Last edited:

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
Glorious CSPs. Can't wait, this is the best thing since Justin Bailey Samus's Eye-Hood fix!

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
A question codex, might sound werid but are you going to be doing alt costume poses for original costume characters?
EXAMPLE: Mario doing dr mario pose, sonic doing jet set radio pose
Its probably unlikely but itll be cool though lol

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
See I actually like the first Toon Link a little better, but you can definitely tell the light source looks like it's coming from the left, and seems slight oversaturated in color (which I like haha) The only thing I would maybe suggest is for the redone CSP to have the tunic slightly darker, to see the tunic in more detail, but I'm hardly the expert and have no idea if it would look wonky if redone

UltimateHylian

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yorch2296
3DS FC
1650-2285-2395
Hey Codex, I noticed that C. Falcon's default costume CSP has no scarf lol. Just wanted to point it out in case you hadn't noticed yet xD

EDIT: Btw, are you remaking every character? I'd like to know so I can wait instead of having to re-download everything once they're out :p

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Mewtwo's model in special brawl with "clear" enabled is completely invisible, while Roy uses Marth's model.

Ganondorf's side smash is missing a few smash attack effects.

Hedgie

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo's model in special brawl with "clear" enabled is completely invisible, while Roy uses Marth's model.

Ganondorf's side smash is missing a few smash attack effects.
REALLY?! Wow, I'm shocked no one spotted that. *slow clap*

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
REALLY?! Wow, I'm shocked no one spotted that. *slow clap*
You faker, *slow clap* Wait this isnt a sanic thread. Anyways, has anybody tested peaches down special? It freezes the game with the beep of death. BEEEEEEEEEEEEE- *gets shot in the head*

MagicManNo9

The CSPs are awesome man. Do you plan on doing some of your own poses once the default poses are all remastered?
I have my own on my thread, but in the future I was considering a CSP thread, no promises though! It's once everything after the custom build, remastered CSPs and Smash 3 has settled down, I want to get them done first!

A question codex, might sound werid but are you going to be doing alt costume poses for original costume characters?
EXAMPLE: Mario doing dr mario pose, sonic doing jet set radio pose
Its probably unlikely but itll be cool though lol
I would be against it mainly because I always believed that the PM alt poses were made with the intention of working with the costume they had made, for example Snes Falcon on my custom build doesn't suit the pose I made (The Smash 4 pose on my build thread) and such, that and too much time to work on I'm afraid!

See I actually like the first Toon Link a little better, but you can definitely tell the light source looks like it's coming from the left, and seems slight oversaturated in color (which I like haha) The only thing I would maybe suggest is for the redone CSP to have the tunic slightly darker, to see the tunic in more detail, but I'm hardly the expert and have no idea if it would look wonky if redone
Thanks! I wanted to keep it consistent so that's why I had to re-do the CSP, that and it looks so much better when I compare to the full sized render, the issue is in fact the lighting, too much on one side stands out quite a bit when next to the others personally haha.

Hey Codex, I noticed that C. Falcon's default costume CSP has no scarf lol. Just wanted to point it out in case you hadn't noticed yet xD

EDIT: Btw, are you remaking every character? I'd like to know so I can wait instead of having to re-download everything once they're out :p
Oh wow haha, thanks for pointing that out! I'll get to fixing that when the final release is here! And yes, I'm doing them all! Currently in the midst of batch posing still, but getting there!

MINI UPDATE:

Mini update to quickly give a run down of things, I got most of the poses done, but I got a few more to do, unfortunately at bad timing I caught a cold but I'm back in game again so the second I get back from my work place I'll get to posing/rendering, I'll also fix up on all of the CSP issues in the final release when I batch release them all, I figured it's best that way! Apologies for the short update but I wanted to say this much at least!

Shane Lee Shin

Smash Apprentice
So are there any plans to start a sound updating/fixing thread? Because I'm willing to get that started up if nobody else is.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
So are there any plans to start a sound updating/fixing thread? Because I'm willing to get that started up if nobody else is.
I believe the OP also had a sound section a while ago, but IDK.

Regarding sound issues, Snake makes a strange noise when crawling backwards.

And also regarding Snake, his normal crawl attack has the spinning dust effect misplaced, while the crawl knife attack has that same effect even though it doesn't make any sense since he isn't spinning or anything.

Shane Lee Shin

Smash Apprentice
I believe the OP also had a sound section a while ago, but IDK.

Regarding sound issues, Snake makes a strange noise when crawling backwards.

And also regarding Snake, his normal crawl attack has the spinning dust effect misplaced, while the crawl knife attack has that same effect even though it doesn't make any sense since he isn't spinning or anything.
I don't know anything about spin trails, but i managed to give him proper crawling sounds. It was a simple edit. I decided to take a post of mine and form it into a workshop. You can find the sound fix here: Esseless Sound Workshop

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Do you mean that massive 70+ camo pack that @ ledgerewskie ledgerewskie did?
If you just mean those team colours, then yes.
That's exactly what I meant, just checking because the Dropbox page says the .rar was uploaded two months ago, but the BrawlVault link says it was updated earlier this month.

EDIT: Upon checking the files in the .rar, the files were last modified in December. Maybe the link needs to be updated.

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
That's exactly what I meant, just checking because the Dropbox page says the .rar was uploaded two months ago, but the BrawlVault link says it was updated earlier this month.

EDIT: Upon checking the files in the .rar, the files were last modified in December. Maybe the link needs to be updated.
I'll get to updating all of the files in about a week, along with the higher resolution camos and whatnot.

PoTheDragonSlayer

Smash Cadet
Has this gotten any attention from the PMDT? I feel like these visual improvements could definitely be used for a future build of PM.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Well, I updated the MGS3 Camo Pack thingmojig. I even added an extra camo to it (Tiger Stripe with Splitter Face Paint).

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Well here is a Melee Fox issue I've been meaning to post

This part of Fox's headgear functions as the top tip of his headset but also is used on his boots.

Now for some who may prefer having full coloured boots this is a problem. Looking at the materials section for boots and gear there is plenty of space that could be used creatively to fix this. One would be moving the holes under Fox's scarf onto the unused jumpsuit areas then placing a second headgear under the scarf where the holes were. Sadly I have no idea how to pull this off but I am sure getting this fixed would be nice to see.

Top Bottom