• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Visual Fixing/Updating Thread [Lastest Update: 10/03/15]

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
Since there's no release date just yet, I'd suggest putting them out whenever you're done, and updating for 3.6.
Ohhh yeah, tis very true, I kinda wish we knew when the release date is as I get the feeling it's really close to release, (That said I can totally understand no set date, gives them more time to work at their own pace I say!) took a day off work to finalize all of these so we'll see how this goes tonight!

Ohhh yeah, tis very true, I kinda wish we knew when the release date is as I get the feeling it's really close to release, (That said I can totally understand no set date, gives them more time to work at their own pace I say!) took a day off work to finalize all of these so we'll see how this goes tonight!
Really appreciate it man. I was planning/allocating my own build but after following your thread, I've decided to just edit mine off of your wonderful build. As a matter of fact, since mine is going to include some (Edit: Custom) textures yours doesnt, I'll post a text file of what I'm including in mine to see if anybody wants those. If there's enough demand, we could add them to 3.6, whenever the hell that comes. (I too have a sneaking suspicion that its closer than we think)

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

Really appreciate it man. I was planning/allocating my own build but after following your thread, I've decided to just edit mine off of your wonderful build. As a matter of fact, since mine is going to include some (Edit: Custom) textures yours doesnt, I'll post a text file of what I'm including in mine to see if anybody wants those. If there's enough demand, we could add them to 3.6, whenever the hell that comes. (I too have a sneaking suspicion that its closer than we think)
Haha thanks! However I'm afraid to say that I have no intention of doing any other renders outside the ones PM has for these specific CSPs, mainly because too many people will start requesting customs and it take too much of my time, (not to mention each custom costume has a specific set up for all of them, the remastered ones have taken weeks of non-stop work) I plan to go back on other projects after all this because I have a lot of things planned and want to learn.

Also I won't be putting custom costumes on this thread, (Hence why I have a custom build thread for myself haha) as this is more of a thread for visual notices rather than adding content in.

I do apologies if this comes off as really upfront to anyone though! Just trying to explain why it takes a lot of time haha!

Haha thanks! However I'm afraid to say that I have no intention of doing any other renders outside the ones PM has for these specific CSPs, mainly because too many people will start requesting customs and it take too much of my time, (not to mention each custom costume has a specific set up for all of them, the remastered ones have taken weeks of non-stop work) I plan to go back on other projects after all this because I have a lot of things planned and want to learn.

Also I won't be putting custom costumes on this thread, (Hence why I have a custom build thread for myself haha) as this is more of a thread for visual notices rather than adding content in.

I do apologies if this comes off as really upfront to anyone though! Just trying to explain why it takes a lot of time haha!
Whoops, so many windows open I didnt even realize I was in the fixes thread and not your build thread. Yeahhhh
No probs, keep up the excellent work

MagicManNo9

Whoops, so many windows open I didnt even realize I was in the fixes thread and not your build thread. Yeahhhh
No probs, keep up the excellent work
Ohhhh! No worries man, I almost posted this in the wrong thread before so it happens! Also thanks again! I'll do my best!

Also one last teaser, this time Metaknight one:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Ohhhh! No worries man, I almost posted this in the wrong thread before so it happens! Also thanks again! I'll do my best!

Also one last teaser, this time Metaknight one:

These look stupidly good. I can't wait to see them all.

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
Will you also consider making alternate stock icons for the alt costumes? Given you're making poses of the alts in the positions of the regular costumes, it could look awkward alongside stock icons that would be in the alternative pose.

MagicManNo9

I?

Don't forget the css icons
I wouldn't forget something like that!

Will you also consider making alternate stock icons for the alt costumes? Given you're making poses of the alts in the positions of the regular costumes, it could look awkward alongside stock icons that would be in the alternative pose.
I could but that would push things back so I'm hoping someone else will do this as I'm at my limit I'm afraid. ;_; Everything leftover has been nothing but a one man job + rendering, it shall be worth it that said!

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

CSPs are ready:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w5mr117ejf09w7l/Pack%20V2.rar?dl=0

EDIT: Forgot Ganon

HOWEVER, BPs, and CSS are not, two reasons for this:

Reason 1) It's late and I got to get up for work tomorrow!
But real reason 2) I wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on all of these before I finalise the BPs and CSS! Mainly to save time!

If there is any inconsistency's and whatnot or something that feels out of place or not right, let me know and I'll go through it tomorrow! All forms of criticism is welcome so please!

Other things to Note:

- I'm planning to re-do the lighting on Yoshi, essentially a re-render, which should take no time at all
- Toon Link will be re-released, I have re-done all the renders for him but are mixed up in various folders for some estranged reason
- Falcon 00 Fix is here (Will update later!):

- I'm considering to re-do Charizard's pose, out of all the poses I've attempted I've never been happy with that one, maybe it's just me?
- I fear lighting on ZSS might be too strong? I'm just noticing this with the alts using the default pose whereas the alt poses are fine I believe
- EDIT: I know about the Nana thing, I shall get on that!

Please anyone quote me on any of these points so I can go through them!

All other CSPs are on the front page! And store them all in a pack when I get the chance!

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
The renders look fantastic but somethings bug me about some renders. Ike in particular looks good but has a noticeable portion of his hair either not loading the correct texture or failing to load transparency which makes a chunk of his hair black.

MagicManNo9

I honestly think it's the eye, since it's all very white, it just comes across as odd.
I always thought it was the actual pose but I'll take a gander at that then!

The renders look fantastic but somethings bug me about some renders. Ike in particular looks good but has a noticeable portion of his hair either not loading the correct texture or failing to load transparency which makes a chunk of his hair black.
But his hair has transparency I can't seem to notice what you're referring to. If you're referring to Knight Ike using the same pose then it's because that Ike has slightly different hair? Edit: Sorry Alex, I re-read this and realised it sounded too forward, I apologies if it came off the wrong way!

Last edited:

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Also! I think Zero Suit and Peaches faces are a little too monotone in shading. Would be nice to lower the lighting on their faces so get the shape of their face more pronounce.

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
@ MagicManNo9 MagicManNo9
Okay, here's my list of critique while you're asleep. Everything!

Mario/Doctor Mario - Doc might benefit from having more lighting on his face.
DK - Shadow around the eyes, like Charizard
Link - Perfect
Samus - Good nuff
Yoshi - I agree, shading needs rework
Kirby - Perfect
Fox - Perfect
Pikachu - Perfect
Luigi - Perfect
Captain Falcon - The alt might want a touch of brightening on his outfit
Ness - Perfect
Bowser - Perfect
Peach - Face might want some contrast/shading across it. Seems one noted. This excludes the Shadow Peach alt
Zelda - Perfect
Sheik - Perfect
Ice Climbers - They might need contrast/more lighting on the fur rims of their outfits.
Marth - Heads on the alt poses looks small, could be a bit jarring.
GnW - It's too dark for some of them.
Falco - Perfect
Ganon - Where's Ganon's?
Metaknight - Perfect
Pit - Perfect
Zerosuit - Same problem as Peach, but more jarring. Has really dark edges on face, then all one bright color
Olimar - Perfect
Lucas - Perfect
Diddy - Perfect
Mewtwo - Perfect
Charizard - Work on the eye's shadow
Squirtle - Perfect
Ivysaur - Perfect
Dedede - Perfect
Lucario - Black Alt uses the normal headband instead of it's own for some reason.
Ike - Something about the head looks off? Maybe positioned wrong. It's mostly fine.
ROB - Perfect
Jigglypuff - Perfect
Wario - Perfect
Roy - Pose isn't as dynamic as original by a good amount. Roy needs to lean more to the left?
Wolf - Something about the side of the head makes it look odd. Not your fault so much as the model I think
Snake - Perfect
Sonic - Looks fine to me.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
These are great, and overall they will fit in very well with 3.6, but I will have to agree with King of Hoboz about Peach and ZSS, those are the only two that stick out to me. I actually really love your Charizard CSP as is, so I'm just gonna throw that out there.

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
Just a suggestion, but maybe you could make it so all the Warios have one pose since you've been doing that with other characters' alt costumes. Makes him look a bit out of place otherwise if someone were to use default poses for everyone.

MagicManNo9

Just a suggestion, but maybe you could make it so all the Warios have one pose since you've been doing that with other characters' alt costumes. Makes him look a bit out of place otherwise if someone were to use default poses for everyone.
I can do one of the two most likely, will have to wait though I'm afraid!

The Concept Art Meta Knight brawl pose has white eyes instead of the yellow eyes. I don't know why, but the Sheik looks a little odd compared to the others.
I think I was following PMs render/model which has a yellow eye I thought? And does Sheik seem off? I can't tell, if someone else brings her up I may consider it.

You forgot Ganon
Yikes, my bad sorry!

These are great, and overall they will fit in very well with 3.6, but I will have to agree with King of Hoboz about Peach and ZSS, those are the only two that stick out to me. I actually really love your Charizard CSP as is, so I'm just gonna throw that out there.
Thanks! Yeah, Peach and ZSS I want to re-do again, was up pretty late last night with no rest so that's my bad!

@ MagicManNo9 MagicManNo9
Okay, here's my list of critique while you're asleep. Everything!

Mario/Doctor Mario - Doc might benefit from having more lighting on his face.
DK - Shadow around the eyes, like Charizard
Yoshi - I agree, shading needs rework
Peach - Face might want some contrast/shading across it. Seems one noted. This excludes the Shadow Peach alt
Zerosuit - Same problem as Peach, but more jarring. Has really dark edges on face, then all one bright color
Charizard - Work on the eye's shadow
Lucario - Black Alt uses the normal headband instead of it's own for some reason.
I'll go through these now:

These ones specifically which I personally disagree (Unless others thing otherwise that is!) with or rather too much time to spend for me:
- Mario/Doctor Mario
- Captain Falcon
- Marth
- GnW
- Ike
- Roy
- Wolf
- Ice Climbers

I'll fix up on:
DK - Eye Shadow, may clean up and rework on Boxing as well
Yoshi - Been meaning to do lighting
Peach - I'll re-render
Ice Climbers - Only the polar bear thing
Zero Suit - (I'm going to say that the dark edge is actually her shadow which I will not edit because I think it looks fine) Just a lighting fix
Charizard - I'm unsure about the eye shadow thing but I'll take a look
Lucario - Onto it

V2 with Ganon Sorry! https://www.dropbox.com/s/w5mr117ejf09w7l/Pack V2.rar?dl=0

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
I always thought it was the actual pose but I'll take a gander at that then!

But his hair has transparency I can't seem to notice what you're referring to. If you're referring to Knight Ike using the same pose then it's because that Ike has slightly different hair? Edit: Sorry Alex, I re-read this and realised it sounded too forward, I apologies if it came off the wrong way!
What I mean is that his hair has black chunks in it and the problem might be some texture errors because i remember the same thing happening to a couple of your older renders.

MagicManNo9

What I mean is that his hair has black chunks in it and the problem might be some texture errors because i remember the same thing happening to a couple of your older renders.
I can confirm there's no texture errors there, I tripled checked and everything.

MagicManNo9

I took a look back at my last release and all I can say is that I was disappointed at myself and MYSELF only, so I sat down and going through them again, (Saw Nano's render and model stuff on the reddit thread and it motivated me so much)

But enough talk, time for some action errr to show what I mean, visually of course:

This here is a render of Peach before, the one I used:

After some touching up, re-doing lighting, vertexing around the skirt this was the final result:

Here's a direct link to them so you flick between them in the tabs, to get a better idea on what I'm refering to:

Before http://i.imgur.com/GaaqPAC.png
After http://i.imgur.com/FznkEyy.png

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I took a look back at my last release and all I can say is that I was disappointed at myself and MYSELF only, so I sat down and going through them again, (Saw Nano's render and model stuff on the reddit thread and it motivated me so much)

But enough talk, time for some action errr to show what I mean, visually of course:

This here is a render of Peach before, the one I used:

After some touching up, re-doing lighting, vertexing around the skirt this was the final result:

Here's a direct link to them so you flick between them in the tabs, to get a better idea on what I'm refering to:

Before http://i.imgur.com/GaaqPAC.png
After http://i.imgur.com/FznkEyy.png
You're doing wonderful things, Codex. I know I'm going to just use your CSPs with "vanilla" 3.6 for a while before I even start to customize my build as usual.

SecondNova

Smash Cadet
I must say your Csps look alot like the SSE cutscenes, in other words absolutely amazing. great work

SecondNova

Smash Cadet
Sonic shoes.png
Are Sonic's shoes supposed to flatten im not sure if that is intentional or not. Also sonic seems to be floating while crouching with only the tip of his noes touching the ground, this really bugs now that ive noticed it and a fix for it would be much appreciated

Last edited:

Hedgie

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 47999Are Sonic's shoes supposed to flatten im not sure if that is intentional or not. Also sonic seems to be floating while crouching with only the tip of his noes touching the ground, this really bugs now that ive noticed it and a fix for it would be much appreciated
Glad I'm not the only one who that wondered this. Although I never noticed him floating! Is him floating caused by the stage's collision or is this happening in other stages as well?

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
No, Sonic's using his nose to hold the rest of his body up. Totally intentional.

But yeah, that looks weird. I don't think the shoes were supposed to squeeze up like that.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure I've seen that somewhere else before. Most probably here or in the PM Arts and Alts thread. I'll see what I can do.

@Nanobuds I'm curious, what did you guys do with Outset Toon Link's sword?

SecondNova

Smash Cadet
Glad I'm not the only one who that wondered this. Although I never noticed him floating! Is him floating caused by the stage's collision or is this happening in other stages as well?
This happens on all stages I think

Draco_The

Smash Lord
It seems that BB doesn't like very much Sonic's crouch animation. Even when using a "fresh" (exported from the Brawl iso) FitMotionEtc file, all animations where Sonic crouches (Squat, SquatRv, etcetcetc) end up like that.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I don't know if this is something that's high priority, but Light Suit Samus' arm cannon uses the Metroid Prime 1 design. Model-wise, this isn't a problem, so does the Dark Samus Trophy in Brawl for whatever reason.
BUT THERE'S ONE BIG PROBLEM.

Observe the bottom of the arm cannon: Four colours, orange, red, blue, and purple, obvious references to the iconic beams of Metroid Prime: Power, Plasma, Ice, and Wave... But never, in Metroid Prime 2, does Samus actually use those beams.

Here, I provide a fix, it's big so spoiler:
Made from the Sprites in Metroid Prime 2.
I will accept my forty three thousand million dollars now.
It seems that BB doesn't like very much Sonic's crouch animation. Even when using a "fresh" (exported from the Brawl iso) FitMotionEtc file, all animations where Sonic crouches (Squat, SquatRv, etcetcetc) end up like that.
BB? Balloon Boy?
Stupid friggin' Balloon Boy...
Oh my gosh this is like the first time I've ever used "friggin'".
I hope my mom doesn't try to kill me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom