• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Visual Fixing/Updating Thread [Lastest Update: 10/03/15]

The Incinerator

Smash Cadet
So I was just wondering since I haven't checked this thread as much lately whether or not all the updated csps are finished and also if they were if there is a sort of easy fix with all the csps already in the correct places already. I couldn't find everybody's csp on the front yet so if they are not done it's no biggie if they are however I'd love to use them all and if there is a quick fix for it rather than having to replace them one by one that would be great, although I can always do it myself to!

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
So I was just wondering since I haven't checked this thread as much lately whether or not all the updated csps are finished and also if they were if there is a sort of easy fix with all the csps already in the correct places already. I couldn't find everybody's csp on the front yet so if they are not done it's no biggie if they are however I'd love to use them all and if there is a quick fix for it rather than having to replace them one by one that would be great, although I can always do it myself to!
CSPs are finished. Codex will update the front soon.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Getting KO'd doesn't interrupt VA and some other sounds that should be interrupted (Falcon Punch's charging sound, for example). This comes from Brawl.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Actually, i found out 2 things that is wrong with sonic but i didnt get actual footage of it. One is that when you do his homing attack, after it, he has a VERY ****ed up face, then he goes into helpless mode which hes supposed to with a normal expression. Another one is if you wait too long, sonic will look like hes shaking and if you do anything, he will freeze the game. These need to be fixed in the next update or now.

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice

Juken

Smash Ace
So that hair thing is in the normal Outset Toon Link model and wasn't just an issue with the Smash 3C ones you did?

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Vanilla PM Outset Toon Link has got alot of holes in his head. Just if you are interested to see all of them: http://imgur.com/a/ZhbdR#0

So that hair thing is in the normal Outset Toon Link model and wasn't just an issue with the Smash 3C ones you did?
Also no, that 3C hair problem I had was because some hair cull settings were "cull inside" while they were meant to be "cull none". Just for the record my current S3C Outset Toon Link has all of these holes. When he will be updated to the current style I will include those fixes.

Last edited:

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
I always empty the recycle bin. Just checked my files and yeah, it's gone. I had an assembled pack of everything from CSPs and all the fixes on a vanilla Project M hackless. Took me 3 hours to make. Can't even remember why I deleted it.

Last edited:

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
i'm actually working on css, since thet're not all done.
Those without alternate costumes are the standard css-

For those that do have alts are my own type-

I'll update the common5 when I'm done with the css.
This is for my own build. You can use as you would like to, but I'm not trying to take away what Codex is doing. I imagine that many of you would want the normal css anyways.

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
It's cool, but doesn't seem like much of a "fix." It also seems somewhat redundant since the alt costumes are still the specific characters, just in a different costume/version.

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
On the visual fix side of things, when Samus does her Ice Up Smash, the last animation frame seems to end far from the stance animation, causing a choppy switch.

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
same for Roy's Double-Edge Dance reverse 4th move
Also Mewtwo's Neutral B and Side B close to the ground, Snake's Side B when reloading. These are all animations by the PMDT. Other characters I tested and are just fine. So these are completely fixable, but Mewtwo's tail will have to take less movement, Snake should probably just reload in the same crouch as shooting. Samus and Roy just need more frames with back-to-stance animations.
Edit: Wario's down taunt while facing left

Last edited:

KitchenCabinets

Smash Rookie
I posted about some issues on reddit, and I was directed here, so I'll just repost them:
  • A lot of battle portaits have a one-pixel empty line at the bottom. It's noticeable on Roy in both 3.5 and the 3.6 trailer. Some also have it on the left border. It doesn't seem to show up on the portraits in Brawlbox. To easily see both lines, jump off the left side of Fountain of Dreams as black Roy. Might be fixable by moving the portait window's bottom vertices up and the left vertices right.

• Ivysaur's battle portait is out of place. There's a ton of white space at the bottom. Might be better if it looked like this: http://i.imgur.com/JzVZCpo.png

• A couple of alts (mostly the ones added in 3.5) use the default costume shadow models, but I'm sure that's already been fixed in 3.6.

• Retro Suit Samus' cannon cord texture is very dark, which makes the small details hard to see. Same goes for the darker parts of the shoulder pad underside texture.

• Melee Fox's eye highlight disappears under his left (relative to camera) eyelid in a few animations. Doesn't happen if you place the highlight where it was in Melee: http://i.imgur.com/foJWG9d.png | http://i.imgur.com/0stuGjO.png

• Speaking of Fox, his alt stock icon looks off to me: http://www.ssbwiki.com/images/c/cf/FoxHead64PM.png | Example fix: http://i.imgur.com/RWRRtBS.png

• Wolf's alt stock icon is just an edit of the default, even though the model's face is different. Guessing this has been fixed already like the shadow models. Wolf's shadow model is a poorly edited version of Fox's, but that's an issue from vBrawl.

• The ZSS alts have a lot of issues, but the biggest one is the lack of texture detail on the skin. She needs more defined elbows, knees, abs, etc.; otherwise, the costume looks flat. Also, a part of the alts' hair behind the ears is occluded by the bangs' transparency, but only on the left side of the head. (Again, relative to the camera.) There's traces of default ZSS' skin tone around the alt's eyebrows, too. I checked 3.6 Art Sunday to see if it was fixed, but the camera wasn't close enough to tell.
  • Roy's elbows lack shape and definition compared to Marth's. Not a huge deal, though.
  • This one is really a style choice, but the Melee Falco alt uses Brawl's eye texture, which is much brighter than the Melee eye. I think it looks better Melee style: http://i.imgur.com/HUjUKTM.png | http://i.imgur.com/k4f6Fin.png

• Sheik's CSP is kinda small. Especially noticeable when compared to Zelda's.
  • There's this... thing on Smashville that extends from the edges. I can't tell what it is, but it looks like a pair of dark transparent rectangles. It's hard to see, but if you focus on the edges and jump around a bit, you'll notice. Not sure if it's in the netplay version.

• The Page 1/2 icon on the stage select screen loses it's highlight border if you switch pages, even if you're still hovering over it. This might be a vBrawl issue, though.
  • Not really a bug, but with stock icons implemented, BPs are redundant. I know SSE uses them, but colors and series icons are probably enough with only two players max and cluttering the Versus UI just for SSE seems silly. Just some feedback, I guess.
Original reddit post with a few other issues brought up in the comments: http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/3899k6/battle_portait_issues_and_other_visual_bugs/

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
I posted about some issues on reddit, and I was directed here, so I'll just repost them:
  • A lot of battle portaits have a one-pixel empty line at the bottom. It's noticeable on Roy in both 3.5 and the 3.6 trailer. Some also have it on the left border. It doesn't seem to show up on the portraits in Brawlbox. To easily see both lines, jump off the left side of Fountain of Dreams as black Roy. Might be fixable by moving the portait window's bottom vertices up and the left vertices right.

• Ivysaur's battle portait is out of place. There's a ton of white space at the bottom. Might be better if it looked like this: http://i.imgur.com/JzVZCpo.png

• A couple of alts (mostly the ones added in 3.5) use the default costume shadow models, but I'm sure that's already been fixed in 3.6.

• Retro Suit Samus' cannon cord texture is very dark, which makes the small details hard to see. Same goes for the darker parts of the shoulder pad underside texture.

• Melee Fox's eye highlight disappears under his left (relative to camera) eyelid in a few animations. Doesn't happen if you place the highlight where it was in Melee: http://i.imgur.com/foJWG9d.png | http://i.imgur.com/0stuGjO.png

• Speaking of Fox, his alt stock icon looks off to me: http://www.ssbwiki.com/images/c/cf/FoxHead64PM.png | Example fix: http://i.imgur.com/RWRRtBS.png

• Wolf's alt stock icon is just an edit of the default, even though the model's face is different. Guessing this has been fixed already like the shadow models. Wolf's shadow model is a poorly edited version of Fox's, but that's an issue from vBrawl.

• The ZSS alts have a lot of issues, but the biggest one is the lack of texture detail on the skin. She needs more defined elbows, knees, abs, etc.; otherwise, the costume looks flat. Also, a part of the alts' hair behind the ears is occluded by the bangs' transparency, but only on the left side of the head. (Again, relative to the camera.) There's traces of default ZSS' skin tone around the alt's eyebrows, too. I checked 3.6 Art Sunday to see if it was fixed, but the camera wasn't close enough to tell.
  • Roy's elbows lack shape and definition compared to Marth's. Not a huge deal, though.
  • This one is really a style choice, but the Melee Falco alt uses Brawl's eye texture, which is much brighter than the Melee eye. I think it looks better Melee style: http://i.imgur.com/HUjUKTM.png | http://i.imgur.com/k4f6Fin.png

• Sheik's CSP is kinda small. Especially noticeable when compared to Zelda's.
  • There's this... thing on Smashville that extends from the edges. I can't tell what it is, but it looks like a pair of dark transparent rectangles. It's hard to see, but if you focus on the edges and jump around a bit, you'll notice. Not sure if it's in the netplay version.

• The Page 1/2 icon on the stage select screen loses it's highlight border if you switch pages, even if you're still hovering over it. This might be a vBrawl issue, though.
  • Not really a bug, but with stock icons implemented, BPs are redundant. I know SSE uses them, but colors and series icons are probably enough with only two players max and cluttering the Versus UI just for SSE seems silly. Just some feedback, I guess.
Original reddit post with a few other issues brought up in the comments: http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/3899k6/battle_portait_issues_and_other_visual_bugs/
Battle portraits: As you said, I'm assuming this is because of the model not fitting perfectly to the background

Ivysaur's BP: I'm pretty sure the Ivysaur BPs are from Brawl, I'm not sure if this counts as an issue. Do keep in mind that the Brawl HUD had names on the bottom, which is why the BPs are like that.

Shadow models: That's a massive amount of work for little payoff, if someone wants to make unique shadow models for all the costume that would be cool though.

Fox stock: I think it's fine, since it comes from the actual render. It shows more of his face this way too.

Wolf alt stock: I'm a bit 50/50 on the stock situation myself, ideally all the stocks would be in the same pose, or all the alts would have the poses from their renders.

Roy's elbows: Generally, the Roy model is very Melee styled, hence the proportional differences between other cast members like Marth.

Smashville thing: That sounds like the shadow? I'm not sure.

BPs: I've always thought BPs were a great addition, they make the HUD look much more modern. Removing them entirely would be a step back in the design department.

On things I haven't commented on, I don't have the P:M files on me so I can't reference. I do know that there are a ton of things being updated in 3.6 though.

KitchenCabinets

Smash Rookie
Ivysaur's BP: I'm pretty sure the Ivysaur BPs are from Brawl, I'm not sure if this counts as an issue. Do keep in mind that the Brawl HUD had names on the bottom, which is why the BPs are like that.

Shadow models: That's a massive amount of work for little payoff, if someone wants to make unique shadow models for all the costume that would be cool though.

Smashville thing: That sounds like the shadow? I'm not sure.

BPs: I've always thought BPs were a great addition, they make the HUD look much more modern. Removing them entirely would be a step back in the design department.
Ivysaur: It just feels weird that it's the only one that doesn't go past the bottom of the window. It only took 15 minutes to change for my custom build.

Shadows: My main problem with the shadow models is that alt costumes introduced in 3.0 do have matching shadow models, while 3.5 alts don't. It's the inconsistency.

Smashville thing might be some kind of path for the moving platform to follow. It's not a huge deal, either way.

As for BPs, I feel that having too many representations of your character on the screen is distracting, but that's just an opinion, and this isn't really the right thread to discuss it. I was going to remove the BPs and rearrange everything to compensate, myself, but moving UI stuff involves a lot of tedious hex editing.

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zmq7b8j7pw5pf0c/Beta+Knight+Texture+Fix.rar

I used the texture of the default Brawl costume for the sword and improved as much as I could the wings and the cape (they were low on number of colors).
I also fixed another problem with "one" of his capes' (he has two capes, one that's in his main model and a separated one that's more complex) metal material. Previously it made it look like the default costume's cape when grabbing a metal box.

I can't seem to make this cape's metal material as smooth as the normal one though, but well. I think it's not the only model to have this problem anyway.

UPDATE: I got rid of that light red at the bottom of the cape. Download again pls

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
I agree with everything Taiko has said, especially with the BP thing. But also agree with KitchanCabinets... The stock icons having faces on them in 3.6 feels kind of redundant when there's a big image of the same face right next to it. It seems useful for all-star versus mode, but in regular versus it just looks awkward IMO. It'll also cause extra work for those like me who try to have accuracy with the portraits and mods. I liked the circle stock icons for these reasons.

It may be better if the stock faces were just for modes where you switch characters like all-star versus, then it could just use a single face icon for the characters instead of it having to have face icons for every single recolor and alt costume. I personally replaced the classic mode face icons with the (Smash 3) circle stock icons too because I thought it was weird having them right next to the big portrait of someone to represent lives.

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
I like redundancy a lot.
Maybe the normal through very hard icon in classic mode could have the face of the character you pick, with it changing tint from green to red as you increase the difficulty.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I just noticed, if you look at the pirate wolf stock icons, they are just wolf icons expect with eyepatches, not the actual pirate wolf. And the melee falco BPs are reversed.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I just noticed, if you look at the pirate wolf stock icons, they are just wolf icons expect with eyepatches, not the actual pirate wolf. And the melee falco BPs are reversed.
Most of the icons for Project M are default icons with just minor changes, Mr. L is the same.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Some of Lucario and Yoshi graphics of some of their moves aren't correctly placed when performing them on inclined planes:
There are also some moves (mostly Smash attacks) where Slope Countour kicks in late during the move and some other variations. One example is Ivy's up smash:

In the frame shown in the second pic, also the last active frame of Ivy's up smash, Slope Contour begins taking effect which is why both the hitboxes change places.
Due to some hitboxes being attached to bones that don't rotate with the Slope Contour event, they don't get affected by the inclined plane (or at least I think that's the reason since I don't know much about how that event works and couldn't find much info on kc-mm):
Debug mode seems to have some issues with this too. When on an inclined plane, pretty much all moves have misplaced debug mode hitboxes, even though most of them are actually fine:

KitchenCabinets

Smash Rookie
Pretty sure this is intentional, but Snake's crouch tilt has no SFX at all. The first time I did it, I didn't even know it was an attack.
Personal preference here, but I think it could use some oomph. It needs a stronger animation or SFX to make it clear that it's an attack.

I know this isn't a a visual issue, but I felt the need to point it out.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
I agree with everything Taiko has said, especially with the BP thing. But also agree with KitchanCabinets... The stock icons having faces on them in 3.6 feels kind of redundant when there's a big image of the same face right next to it. It seems useful for all-star versus mode, but in regular versus it just looks awkward IMO. It'll also cause extra work for those like me who try to have accuracy with the portraits and mods. I liked the circle stock icons for these reasons.

It may be better if the stock faces were just for modes where you switch characters like all-star versus, then it could just use a single face icon for the characters instead of it having to have face icons for every single recolor and alt costume. I personally replaced the classic mode face icons with the (Smash 3) circle stock icons too because I thought it was weird having them right next to the big portrait of someone to represent lives.
Agreed with all of ^this.^ Just curious though...if you wanted to use Brawl/PM's circle stock icons, they're pretty easy to grab via BrawlBox; why use S4's?

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
Agreed with all of ^this.^ Just curious though...if you wanted to use Brawl/PM's circle stock icons, they're pretty easy to grab via BrawlBox; why use S4's?
I personally use the Smash 3 HUD, which attempts to have a similar look to the 3DS version of Smash 4 (I'm actually glad they went with 3DS version because the white timer looks nicer than black imo). I just wanted it to be clear in my post that the icons I had were basically the regular stock icons, but I had the regular stock icons replaced with the ones from the Smash 3 Project HUD. Main point of the image was just to point out how nice having stock icons being circles instead of heads is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom