• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Tournaments in Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I wonder if the project balancing team is doing something to ike, i mean, my god...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Zelda is considered an S-Tier character by a lot of the PMBR actually, while Ike is considered high tier at best.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's far too early to tell. The cast is so well balanced that most tournament placings are more due to player skill than character ability. I will say that the worst characters are probably a tossup between Charizard and Ness at the moment.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I thought you knew better than to trust the opinions of randoms cao. Zelda is pretty s tier and ike is like roy. Only noobs cant deal with him (x

L2p dave, or just come to my meets.

:phone:

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
fine, lol

but yeah, i still don't have a setup yet -- do you have it yet?

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I want to go tonight but I can't afford the petrol money lol. Would be a great time to get p:m too...

Dekar289

Smash Hero
can you plz bring acl prizemoney? if you do, give mine to red if i aint there
not to keep phil lol

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
It's far too early to tell. The cast is so well balanced that most tournament placings are more due to player skill than character ability. I will say that the worst characters are probably a tossup between Charizard and Ness at the moment.
This sounds like a challenge!

Jamwa

Smash Champion
zard v ness lesko.

serious question, will we be holding doubles for Project M, or is the lack of consoles an issue?

Splice

Smash Hero
Jamwa

We don't even really have enough time to run Project M Singles alongside the other events.
We talked about removing melee or brawl doubles for Project M.
In any case, this does make Project M doubles look mighty unlikely. Not to mention...
I don't think anyone is actually keen on Project M doubles.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I definitely think there should be a 16-man cap (DE or SE) if we're going to think about snuggling in Project M into regular tournaments, unless we change the structure of our season.

The game might go the way of the Low-Tier/Crews path and feature irregularly when the opportunity allows (majors, spin-off events like "Don't Come").

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
I'm not having a go at anyone here. Definitely not.

But most people spend large amounts of time playing friendlies at tourneys. And lots of people disappear and hold up bracket for ages without getting disqualified.

And no one brings setups.

If all these points could be addressed, we'd have heaps of time.

Think about a few years ago, when the average tourney had 50 something entrants for each game. We still finished on time, and normally had crews. Now we have about half that number, sometimes less, so I don't see why we don't have enough time.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
That couple of years ago we had brawl only brah. Plus we managed 10 or so setups because people cared more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom