• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
One thing that's been bugging me ever since Brawl and upon seeing it occur in Project M, is rapid hit attacks that continue upon holding A, mostly because in S64 and Melee, you had to mash in order to achieve the rapid strikes. Is this intentional for Project M to sort of simplify it or just a hold-over from Brawl that hasn't been changed?

Vashimus

Smash Master
I actually prefer that more than mashing the multi-hit. For standard A combos, you still have to do them manually, rather than hold A and the automatically do them.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Expanding on Vashimus's point, there's a difference between holding to do the basic A combo and holding to continue a rapid-hit. You can not delay/speed up a multihit move as you can the Dial-A. They have a set speed and loop cycle, so, there being no reason to require individual inputs, they do not.

Pikachu's does require individual inputs and so retains the necessity to press it individually.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Yeah, I know the difference between Brawl's hold A to rapid fire Neutral A attacks, and holding A for rapid hitters like Fox's kicks or Link's stabs. It just seemed odd to me to include something like that since "Because Melee" seems to be a re-occuring reason for things.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
i wish it was possible to add a second jump option in custom controls as Jump/Footstool instead of taunt though
This indeed isn't possible right? so my X could be jump while my Y would jump but activate a footstool if possible like in Brawl

Kati

Smash Lord
My friend plays P:M with the hackless method but he has yet to update to 2.6. I want to give him my 2.6 cbliss build, but I use gecko. What files does he need to keep the hackless method?

edit*

and is there any difference between the hackless and gecko codesets?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Hackless version will need the st_080805_0933.bin file in the private/wii/app/RSBE/st folder. As for the difference, I'm not quite sure. At one point, there was a difference in the existence of the disable custom stages code, but I don't know if that's still the case. To be safe, you can just download the hackless build and give him the RSBE01.gct file in the codes folder from that instead of your current RSBE01.gct file.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Hackless version will need the st_080805_0933.bin file in the private/wii/app/RSBE/st folder. As for the difference, I'm not quite sure. At one point, there was a difference in the existence of the disable custom stages code, but I don't know if that's still the case. To be safe, you can just download the hackless build and give him the RSBE01.gct file in the codes folder from that instead of your current RSBE01.gct file.

So much computer talk. XD jk I just use the build PMBR provides to the public. No need for me to hack my Wii. :applejack: :)

Kati

Smash Lord
gecko + boot mii = no need for the wii mote when starting the game + faster loading times = play this awesome mod asap (which is helpful if I'm testing codes and stages but having the game freeze on me 10 times a day).

Thanks PC!

SpiderMad

Smash Master
So much computer talk. XD jk I just use the build PMBR provides to the public. No need for me to hack my Wii. :applejack: :)
USB loading > Homebrew > Hackless. The effort and risks to set-up them is also in that order, but Homebrew is pretty easy and doesn't have those annoying fails that hackless has where you load up Brawl and go to stage builder only for it to freeze or something. Also did you make your avatar? Would you be willing to do that style of art for a character request for me?

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
USB loading > Homebrew > Hackless. The effort and risks to set-up them is also in that order, but Homebrew is pretty easy and doesn't have those annoying fails that hackless has where you load up Brawl and go to stage builder only for it to freeze or something. Also did you make your avatar? Would you be willing to do that style of art for a character request for me?

Unfortunately my good friend, this is something I picked up off of Google. I have not a shred of artistic talent when it comes to creating avatar, sigs, or just any kind of art. :p

Anyways, I need to find some actual people in my local area who know the basic fundamentals of the techs in Melee and in Project M. Lvl 9 CPUs just tick me off too much due to how you can't make a computer sweat. :p

Kati

Smash Lord
Is it possible/easy to revert mario's jump sound effect to the brawl one?

edit*

also, was the metaknight bug just a riivo thing or is there going to be a 2.6b fixing some sort of crashing bug?

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
So Project M is going to be at APEX, that is pretty sweet, anyone know what the qualifiers are for PM, they only have a few Melee and Brawl ones listed, although I am assuming that those are likely to also be PM qualifiers.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
FPC 4.0 is out... melee sfx for P:M now?

This would be incredibly relevant to my interests if I was able to boot from Gecko OS. The only thing that's really worth it to me is the ability to individually replace sounds instead of having to insert sounds into the BRSAR. I haven't tried using Sawndz for a couple years now, but I recall it being a pain in the ass (maybe it got easier, I'll have to check that out). That being said, I don't think that anything besides for the SFX for hits should be in the official release of P:M.

Also, what are everyone's opinions on the feasibility of P:M being a part of EVO after the final release? Personally I don't see it happening just because it's a mod, not to mention I can see Ninty's lawyers having a field day if it did by some miracle actually make it to the lineup.

TheKk-47

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if there will be a patch. Redownloaded at least ten times and MK still freezes. I hope there's a patch, or at least some word from PMBR on the issue. Sucks I can't play as him, but whatever.
I've heard of cBliss and it sounds cool, how do you use it in PM?

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
Man, living in the middle of no where can stink sometimes, I just realized that the closest possible qualifier would be in Boston, which is 250+ miles away.. and I live in Maine. I know there are people in worse situations though so I feel your pain.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
If we complain enough to Alex Strife and blow up all his social media sites we might be able to get the cap higher. #FreePM

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
ok i downloaded the riivolution set 3 times on 4 different sd cards and keep getting this ****, dont know if anyone else has gotten it, and too lazy to make a thread for it

MetaKnight's downthrow animation and hits don't sync at all

basically, i do dthrow, and it goes perfectly until the end, the opponent gets knocked out of the throw AS NORMAL, but then metaknight keeps doing the dthrow animation, for like 2 extra hits

the **** is this ****

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
godddammit, my post didnt go through, i fixed the problem thanks to standard toaster, it turns out it was an issue with the pac file and the XML - the names didnt match, the XML was missing the "Etc" at the end

TheKk-47

Smash Apprentice
I redownloaded from Pastebin, and replaced the MK files and XML, but it still froze, but now it works. Strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom