• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
But then people would complain and rebel when PMBR told them it wasn't for tournies. And then they'd have to remove it so people wouldn't be ABLE to rebel. Just like buffer.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
What'd random people think of Project M?
While I know its not probably on the same topic but I took this game over to my family's house for easter. My cousins of who were brawl fans and their friends. I think I converted them all to play project M. I know for atleast I did convert about 10 more people into project M at a BBQ-Party at a friends house of mine over the weekend.

Translucent

Smash Journeyman
Clink that sounds awesome that you were able to do that. I was able to get my little brother who is 8 to start
playing smash with me again even though he had to learn all the tech skill because he just played brawl.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
No.

Random question here, does being sensitive to lag have anything to do with reaction time?
I doubt it. I'm very sensitive to lag, but my reaction time isn't great. I think sensitivity to lag may be related to technical ability though. My tech skill isn't that good so I rely on visual cues more than muscle memory, so a little lag can throw me way off.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
GC is this weekend, does anyone want any vids of my GnW or any characters i play?

i need critiques and praise over how sugoi my GnW is

~*~uguu~*~

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
I doubt it. I'm very sensitive to lag, but my reaction time isn't great. I think sensitivity to lag may be related to technical ability though. My tech skill isn't that good so I rely on visual cues more than muscle memory, so a little lag can throw me way off.
Yea was just wondering, it's taken me like 4 weeks to get used to switching from a laggy hd plasma to a CRT, and I'm still getting used to it, very frustrating at times.

I can't tell if I rely on visual cues or muscle memory more, it might be both, I know I do worse when the sound is really low or off, and I think my reaction time is good, well, it's good when I box, I just assume it transfers to video games but idk

I think I might use muscle memory more, my friend had no problem with playing on a CRT, but I've had to get used to timing everything all over again

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
We're streaming Smash @ Xanadu and playing Project M right now. Brawl and Melee should be on later. We're also doing a fundraiser for local player DoH who lost most of his belongings in a recent apartment. Check it out:

http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
so is crouch canceling gonna get nerfed or what

**** is too goddamned good in PM

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I love crouch cancelling/CC-dsmash so much, it's my bnb

works great for either wifi, HDTV lag, or against unviable weakling characters that just slide around waiting to get socked for their ungrateful attempt to attack me

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
You can cc zards jab, dat ain't right.
You can CC Lucario's everything except down tilt and up smash, dat ain't right either.

Although, I've always thought, what if his dair first hit was a weak, fixed KB meteor on grounded opponents (a la Fox dair)? He'd finally have an aerial that beats CCing, just like, oh I dunno, almost(?) every other character in the game.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Nair doesn't beat cc? Sure, cc should just get less effective the higher % you are, with big chars being able to go longer :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom