• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
http://gifninja.com/animatedgifs/446813/bthrow.gif
No way. They were just talking about this yesterday. Was this actually hidden and unmentioned throughout the whole character spotlight this past week, using the fthrow focus as a decoy? You guys didn't really make a new throw in 1 day, right?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Is it releasing like this morning?

I was expecting to wake up on Saturday morning with my stockings filled again. But you guys in the PMBR have been super organized on the updates recently, so you've got your **** togeather.... Unless something goes wrong with peach again I think it's comming out soon.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Felt like sharing:
Alright, I just did a bunch of testing in Dolphin's frame advance with Ice Climbers (Jab) and Meta Knight (Dtilt).
I'm assuming there's just a flat delay for inputs in Dolphin, since the soonest I could ever get an input to come out was the 2nd frame after the frame I input the attack on.
The way I counted was this (I made the attack input for only the first frame, then released it the second):
Frame 1: Attack Input
Frame 2: No Attack Input 1
Frame 3: No Attack Input 2 (earliest attacks could come out for me in Dolphin) [Counting as 0 Frames Lag]
Frame 4: No Attack Input 3 [One Frame Lag]
Frame 5: No Attack Input 4 [Two Frame Lag]
Frame 6: No Attack Input 5 [Three Frame Lag]

I got by far the largest number of attacks coming out with one frame of lag, nearly double the number I got with any other frame, with both Ice Climbers and Meta Knight. At about half the number was 0 frames of lag, and I only got one or two attacks coming out after two frames of lag.
Oddly enough, one time MK's dtilt came out after No Attack Input 5, meaning it would've had 3 frames of lag, but I'm discounting that as an error for now.

What I found most interesting was that it wasn't particularly random. There would be long sequences of attacks where there were 0 frames of lag, then a large sequence with 1 frame, then another long sequence with 0 frames, etc. There were a few instances where there were only two or three consecutive attacks with the same amount of lag.

Also, the few times I actually looked for it, Nana always had the same number of lag frames as Popo did; her attacks would always come with her usual input lag after Popo's lag was taken into account, although if I tested more it's possible there could be some instances where Nana lags after Popo does.

EDIT: Just tested a bit more. Still getting 1 frame a majority of the time regardless of the animation (I tested MK's shield this time) but I also got... A chain of 8 inputs stuck at 2 frames of lag doing Icies shield, followed by a 0-frames lag shield.

Hope to god you don't ever randomly get 2 frames on one of your inputs because it's going to stick for a while.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I am excite.

I am not excite about no one in Fort Erie playing Smash.

Except like one person.

B.W.

Smash Champion
That T.Link animation. Is that a new jab or is it an f-tilt?

I saw the question asked, but not answered.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Hope you guys aren't waiting all night for it. Just head to bed and resume waiting after your sleep lol.

Shimesaba

Smash Apprentice
I love that new jab series. The third hit looks straight out of a Windwaker combo, I'm amazed at how good you guys are getting at animation.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Having a PM smashfest right now. Going to switch to 2.5 if it comes out tonight, if not oh wells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom