• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxThunder

PM Support
So i've got two questions for you guys... for the cover i'm making...

What character do you think represents the project the most?.. and i'm looking for someone else than lucario, and would probably be best with a melee veteran...

and... What character best represents the brawl newcomers?..

MaxThunder

PM Support
already have spacie representation on the back with falco, and wolf is on the front... falcon and ike should fit nicely...

gonna wait for a few more people to respond before i make my final decision, though...

and i gotta learn stupid song... i better go do that before i fall asleep... my sleeping rythm got seriously screwed up when i randomly slept for 17 hours straight last friday...

PEEF!

Smash Hero
falcon, ike, wolf
I agree with this.

I would add Lucas in there as well. Lots of chars coming out in future demos will also make this list. (Not talking about a good cover, but talking about who really represents the power of the Project.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Do we have a rough idea of some of the top players for each character yet? I'd like to study some match vids if they're available...

I particularly want to see some top Snakes, Lucases, Pits, and Warios, but I'd prefer a good idea of top players for EVERY character if possible.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
No idea still. Not very many videos, people are still figuring things out, etc.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Figured as much - just knew a couple tournaments had happened recently and wanted to see if some real impressive folks using some of those characters had found their way out of the woodwork.

Looking forward to the future, though. The more I play this game, the more I'm liking it.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Just now noticed the little skeleton guys in chairs at the top of the pillars in Dracula's Castle. Cute little dudes, lol. Did you guys add them, or were they in the original Castlevania: Judgment stage?

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I feel like Ganon is another good Melee veteran, since he's one of the ones that's had changes, but still feels a lot like himself. Zelda is another example, since she's undergone a lot of changes and is now a good character. The same goes for Bowser.

Falcon would probably be best, though, because a lot more people would recognize him and connect him with Smash. Plus, he appears on the loading screen. And Falcon's had a pretty awesome change made to him, while still being very similar to his Melee self (I'm referring to his taunt after knee, by the way).

A lot of people seem to be excited by Charizard, and splitting the Pokemon trainer up, so that's another thing to think about. Also, you guys need to replace white Charizard with Shiny Charizard. It'd be awesome.

Sonic is a possibility too, because he's pretty cool now. Dedede is also pretty awesome. These characters still retain some of their feel from Brawl and their respective series, which is good.

Obviously what SB said (and Peef mentioning Lucas) is good. I feel like those are the most representative, but thought I'd throw out what some other stuff so there was more to think about.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Is your avatar an official part of P:M yet? Because it needs to be on one of ROB's alternate costumes.

MaxThunder

PM Support
I like white charizard... is the bestest charizard...

anyways, i'm gonna have charizard covered on the front of the cover... and possibly lucas too... i gotta check out some poses and stuff for characters generally... can't stay awake much longer... my right eye is really dry and hot... and i'm starting to see wierd colors... see ya when i wake up...

leelue

Smash Lord
The PMBR might be interested of the commentary of this match. They are talking about TLinks balance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOZUR2Uykh0&feature=relmfu

i dunno

If the sonic knew how to recover at all or not get punished out of homing attack then maybe I'd take him seriously.
But that wasn't very good.

The match with bowser was played better but the bowser was Meh and so far my sonic has been dealing with bowser to the point where he might be a counterpick.

Peef, concerning Toon link's recovery vs sonic I have two words for you.
Spring cleaning.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I was going to Main Lucario but there is seriously an abundance of Lucario players already. lol

so I'm going to main Lucas. because P:M Lucas is hype.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I challenge you masterlink. I'll PM u or something to arrange the battle or go on the P:M IRC later

leelue

Smash Lord
Because I'm too busy derailing the thread talking about how bad Sonic is.* I'm planning on releasing a video titled "Times that I hate my main"**.
Has anybody else noticed that when you're dashdancing with sonic, performing a side b will occasionally send you in the wrong direction? I feel like it has something to do with dashturn animation, because I don't want to blame myself.

*Actually, this past saturday saw a massive swing in the losses that my sonic accrued, which is to say that when playing people who are just in or over in my skill range (I.e. when I was playing Eli, Doowop and Will, not Ryan K because that guy is nuts) my sonic was actually winning a good portion of games. I still love/hate the guy to death, but I think I'm past the point where I think he's completely helpless.

That video will include things like sonic's awesome grab range...
http://www.twitch.tv/freesaltines/b/317234164?t=4h34m03s
...instead of awesome things like this
http://www.twitch.tv/freesaltines/b/317234164?t=3h49m35s

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Why aren't we all talking about how awesome zelda is?

:phone:
I can talk about how awesome Zelda is. She definitely has great killing power in all of her smash attacks, and Din's Fire can also give you that stage control you need. There's really a lotta things you can do with Zelda; plenty of exciting and satisfying things as well. I can also list the bad things, too, but you mentioned 'awesome.'

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Wding out of Farore's Wind to a fsmash is a great spacing/pressure tool I find with Zelda. And lets her actually approach somewhat.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I can talk about how awesome Zelda is. She definitely has great killing power in all of her smash attacks, and Din's Fire can also give you that stage control you need. There's really a lotta things you can do with Zelda; plenty of exciting and satisfying things as well. I can also list the bad things, too, but you mentioned 'awesome.'
I agree that there r some bad things, but finally i have a viable/playable version of zelda. So lets focus on the positive.

Now i have an issue, b/c what i am/was really waiting for was zss... guess i am going to have to try and duel main

:phone:

Stevo

Smash Champion
I think Falcon represents smash in general the best.

and I still vote for Falcon knee'ing Metaknight.

Shows the merger of the smash games but also that This ain't Brawl no more

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
You guys need to add MK to the demo just so we can use a picture of Falcon knee'ing MK.

For now, make him the same as Melee Kirby.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I think Falcon represents smash in general the best.

and I still vote for Falcon knee'ing Metaknight.

Shows the merger of the smash games but also that This ain't Brawl no more
I still find the Meta Knight hate extending into Project M to be absurd lol. Not like we can't make him a good character that isn't ********.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
My only annoyance at tournaments is that we'r eoften relegeated to a side tourney, so when we're more than they thought we would, the tournament becomes hell to manage.

As for MK, assume Brawl doesn't exist while playing Project M. This Metaknight and brawl Metaknight are two separate entities.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
I wasted money on Nintendo Brand gamecube controllers, only to find out I play better with a wavebird, the 1 frame of lags kills off some of my reaction time so I don't press buttons too early

god damnit, I could've been playing even better at that event in framingham, I wonder if any of that got recorded

Also what do you press to jump off a wall after ike's side-B?

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Sonic seems to be going exaclty as planned.

By the way, sillygoose show some nice basic sonic gameplay, I hope to see how he does when he learns how to play the character, he seems to have some grasp on how the character works.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Just hit away a little bit after you travel into the wall. Just practice it and you'll get it down.
Thanks got it, I thought that was it, but same **** I always hit buttons too early, I do wavedashes perfectly with a wavebird but sometimes I'll have trouble on a regular controller lol

Are there any other disadvantages to a wavebird besides the 1 frame of lag?

MrHealthy

Smash Rookie
Good lord DACUS is difficult in this. Though I am playing on an HD monitor, maybe Im getting input lag that is making it more difficult then it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom