• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Dunno what you're talking about, Snake's Up-Tilt is an uppercut. :3

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
So, for an actual discussion.

When I'm DDing on Ganondorf, half the time when I stop I go into a moonwalk. This doesn't happen to me in Melee, though, and I can't moonwalk in either game. What causes this to happen in P:M?

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
Too inappropriate? How about a muscular man wearing a helmet, skin-tight pants, and iron-clad nipples sprinting up to you, mounting you, and then victoriously exclaiming "Yes!" as you both fly in separate directions in a fiery explosion of ecstasy?

In other words, I'm for any aesthetic/audio changes made for the lulz.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Gotta agree with a post from a couple days ago. Everyone has had a lot of opinions on how good certain characters are (especially which ones are "broken"), but Toon Link is one of the ones who has been called everything from the best in the game to the very worst and everything in between. At least people don't say that, like, Fox or Ike are the worst characters in the game. But Toon Link is so enigmatic that nobody can figure out his potential.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
heh, all i hear, so far is "tlink is so broken! best character, hands down! ever!" "ummm... sonic's doing pretty good here..." "sonic mobility johns! tlink is still busted *** tier!"

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I think Ike's a really interesting character. Mostly because, no matter how many times I play him, I always underestimate how good he his on stage. I really need to stop doing that. It seems to me like, at the moment, everyone has a problem understanding some character that causes them to feel like that character is OP. I'm sure it'll all balance out , though.

Overall, all the characters are really good. I can't wait to see how the metagame develops.

Santi

Smash Lord
I feel like TL isn't even near broken. His recovery feels below average. It seems at this point his offsensive options are limited. I felt like all I could really do was nair approach. Fair and Bair don't feel right. Dair doesn't spike. Uair is good for juggling but it's hard to kill with it because TL's jump height has been severely nerfed. Kill options still seem limited. High startup on smash attacks and it didn't seem relative to the knockback it delivered.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
I think Ike's a really interesting character. Mostly because, no matter how many times I play him, I always underestimate how good he his on stage. I really need to stop doing that. It seems to me like, at the moment, everyone has a problem understanding some character that causes them to feel like that character is OP. I'm sure it'll all balance out , though.

Overall, all the characters are really good. I can't wait to see how the metagame develops.
This. I can't remember how many times I've heard people explicitly say "X is a terrible character" or "X is OP/broken".

"Overall, all the characters are really good. I can't wait to see how the metagame develops."
Requoting because same here. :)

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I think that Tlinks upb is something that many chars will have to really find a way to deal with, including Sonic.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I feel like TL isn't even near broken. His recovery feels below average. It seems at this point his offsensive options are limited. I felt like all I could really do was nair approach. Fair and Bair don't feel right. Dair doesn't spike. Uair is good for juggling but it's hard to kill with it because TL's jump height has been severely nerfed. Kill options still seem limited. High startup on smash attacks and it didn't seem relative to the knockback it delivered.
Dair spikes.

Other than a landing-detection bug on his double jump, Young Link's physics have been fully transferred to Toon Link.

Metà

Smash Master
yeah, seriously man, toon link's recovery is kinda garbs. he's pretty much the easiest character in the roster to gimp. the up-b gets him almost nowhere, and the grapple isn't that good an option. he does have the bomb jump going for him though

Santi

Smash Lord
Dair spikes.

Other than a landing-detection bug on his double jump, Young Link's physics have been fully transferred to Toon Link.
Thanks for clearing that up. I couldn't combo into the dair for a spike so I assumed it didn't spike after landing it onstage and the dair killing them upward.

Yea I feel his recovery is pretty weak relative to the cast. Also his edgegaarding game feels inferior to a lot of the other cast just because if you did an aerial off stage youre pretty much dead from not being able to recovery much with dj+upb

With all that being said I have fun playing with him though and trying to figure out how to develop his metagame :)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
yeah, seriously man, toon link's recovery is kinda garbs. he's pretty much the easiest character in the roster to gimp. the up-b gets him almost nowhere, and the grapple isn't that good an option. he does have the bomb jump going for him though
Double bomb jump all day.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
I think that Tlinks upb is something that many chars will have to really find a way to deal with, including Sonic.
idk but a few more frames of landing lag might be good so it isn't so abuse-able at low percents. Toon Links onstage game is well above average and he has so many easy ways to set it up.

we'll find out in time i guess

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
What's the best way to deal with a Snake who sets a mine under one of the left/right platforms (on a BF/DL64-layout stage), stands a bit behind it closer to the ledge (but still under the platform), and camps you with side-B missiles? I had a lot of trouble with this yesterday. I was Wario so I had no projectiles and not enough range to get in where he is =/

9Kplus1

Smash Master
What's the best way to deal with a Snake who sets a mine under one of the left/right platforms (on a BF/DL64-layout stage), stands a bit behind it closer to the ledge (but still under the platform), and camps you with side-B missiles? I had a lot of trouble with this yesterday. I was Wario so I had no projectiles and not enough range to get in where he is =/
There are a few things which you could do in order come out at an advantageous position (or stalemate) in this particular scenario. The first option is obvious; simply powershield the Nikita and punish. "Approach -> powershield -> anything" is a simple, but most certainly effective option. Another action that you can take is airdodging through Snake's mine. It will explode, and with Wario's amazing aerial mobility, you should be able to end up around a safe vantage. (I'm very sure that if Snake is under a mine on BF's platforms, he'll be hit by the resulting explosion; on more elevated platforms, such as those on DL64, you should be safe from most of what Snake can do). Lastly, you could just bait a Nikita drop, hopefully closing the distance between yourself and Snake. An example of how this can be done is moonwalking away from Snake, and following it up with a DACUS if the opportunity presents itself ("easily" might be an overstatement, considering that many people, afaik, have problems consistently performing Wario's DACUS).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom