• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Good lord DACUS is difficult in this. Though I am playing on an HD monitor, maybe Im getting input lag that is making it more difficult then it needs to be.
Any lag you're getting is display lag, not input lag. The game is registering your inputs perfectly well, the screen just isn't showing them.

It makes Animal Crossing stupid difficult.

MaxThunder

PM Support
I like blueberry Charizard the most. :p

Also, W00T, 'Zard on the front cover! :D
Yup... though he's gonna be far in the background, though...

Most representative characters in project M?

Falcon, Ike, Wolf, Lucario, I imagine would work.
yeah i've decided now... On the back i'm gonna have Falcon wavedashing to represent returning melee ATs, Ike to represent brawl newcomers and Falco to represent melee veterans... and one more pic that i can't remember atm... eheh...

both wolf and lucario is on the front of the cover=)...

Falco should really be there in my opinion since he is both very iconic to the melee crowd and has gone through a major overhaul to go from brawl falco to melee falco.
And that's why he's the first character i decided to put on the back of the cover=)...

I agree that there r some bad things, but finally i have a viable/playable version of zelda. So lets focus on the positive.

Now i have an issue, b/c what i am/was really waiting for was zss... guess i am going to have to try and duel main

:phone:
well having two girls couldn't be a bad thing... probably...

I think Falcon represents smash in general the best.

and I still vote for Falcon knee'ing Metaknight.

Shows the merger of the smash games but also that This ain't Brawl no more
Would probably best not to throw in any references to the brawl MK hate...

Good lord DACUS is difficult in this. Though I am playing on an HD monitor, maybe Im getting input lag that is making it more difficult then it needs to be.
Yeah no buffer makes stuff harder... turning buffer on could help practicing it though...

well at least if you're more technically gifted than me... i can't really do it... even with lucas on 100% buffer, and he's supposedly the easiest one...

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Why aren't we all talking about how awesome zelda is?
I had a chance to play with Riot, a pro Zelda player in Brawl (maybe the best?!), at a tournament this weekend. First he was watching me play against someone else while we explained the Zelda mechanics to him. He started off kind of skeptical about the Din's Fire changes, but as soon as he was able to play he started liking them once he realized their utility. It didn't take him long to be able to use them effectively. He also liked all of the general changes that fixed the problems of Brawl/Melee Zelda, such as no freefall after Din's Fire, and the super sweetspot on the lightning kicks.

He ended up taking 2nd place in the 10-person tournament.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I just noticed that Ganon's Up angled Ftilt doesn't hit people on platforms anymore. Why did you change this from how it was in Melee?

kaizo13

Smash Champion
idk I kinda prefer melee down/up angle f-tilts....they just look better. spartan kick is alright i guess

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Yeah, the Melee ones look way better. Although I'm cool with the sparta kick. It looks way cooler KOing with it than with Melee's Ftilt.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Because real men play with it off
Um... yeah that really didn't answer the question...

"because melee" would have worked, though...

idk I kinda prefer melee down/up angle f-tilts....they just look better. spartan kick is alright i guess
I prefer brawl down angled f-tilt over melee... looks like he's kinda stomping their toes... so cool...

up angled on the other hand... brawl one looks too wierd...

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Up angled should definitely go back to it's Melee form. The others, while I preferred Melee, I'm cool with. Up angled just looks like he's trying to Utilt, but failing miserably. And now that it doesn't hit people on platforms, it's nowhere near as useful as it was in Melee.

Evilkittyz

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty excited to download this :')! I'll probably suck compared to everyone else who has it though.. /wrists

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
By the way, sillygoose show some nice basic sonic gameplay, I hope to see how he does when he learns how to play the character, he seems to have some grasp on how the character works.
Thank you. Since those matches, I found a several-hour-long stream of you playing sonic; I had no idea what he could do. All I was doing was spamming what I learned in the sonic writeup.

Also, side-b seems really safe at this point, and has a ton of mix-ups. It may just be because no one is used to sonic's speed yet.

Stevo

Smash Champion
I still find the Meta Knight hate extending into Project M to be absurd lol. Not like we can't make him a good character that isn't ********.
I actually never thought about it that way to be honest. I've never actually played brawl enough to hate metaknight.

I guess I can see how that could be a problem though.

If Metaknight had half the appeal of Falcon I'd say he could be the one hitting falcon (with tornado or something? lol) but he doesn't.

Falcon brings all the fanboys to the yard.

Airjelly

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm not sure how many of you follow the traditional fighter scene, but a somewhat big site posted something about smash:
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/may/07/fighterpedia-episode-12-smash-bros-fighting-game/

It isn't directly related to Project:M, but they discuss Smash as a competitive fighter. It's probably the first post about Smash on the site.This could be an opportunity to reach out the traditional crowd by sending a followup video to the story explaining Project:M and its goals. Unlike smashboards, they don't mind featuring stories about mods.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Hey, I'm not sure how many of you follow the traditional fighter scene, but a somewhat big site posted something about smash:
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/may/07/fighterpedia-episode-12-smash-bros-fighting-game/

It isn't directly related to Project:M, but they discuss Smash as a competitive fighter. It's probably the first post about Smash on the site.This could be an opportunity to reach out the traditional crowd by sending a followup video to the story explaining Project:M and its goals. Unlike smashboards, they don't mind featuring stories about mods.
People that talk about Melee and have no idea what they are talking about should be locked in a cage with a monkey holding a dildo.

Evilkittyz

Smash Rookie
I think you should replace the Z buttons use midair, instead of another air dodge it could be an air grab? such as lucarios side b? i think that would be really cool if any character could do an air grab and you could throw them in any direction you do please

Airjelly

Smash Rookie
People that talk about Melee and have no idea what they are talking about should be locked in a cage with a monkey holding a dildo.
Well, atleast they put Melee in a positive light, and most of the good things shown were from there.
It's atleast a step in the right direction.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I think you should replace the Z buttons use midair, instead of another air dodge it could be an air grab? such as lucarios side b? i think that would be really cool if any character could do an air grab and you could throw them in any direction you do please
Regardless of whether this would be a good idea or not, it's a coding impossibility. Sorry.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
That sounds awful and worthy of the wall of shame.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I disagree with what you're probably implying. These guys have actually analyzed Smash better than most TF players would. For example: Con for Smash: Random Items. Pro for Smash: Items can be turned off; it's good that they mentioned items can be turned off (most TF players wouldn't), but they also went on to say that random items that were turned can still appear, which refers to Peach. This is of course a weak point because the random aspect is kind of Peach's thing. It's not like every character can sometimes pull random items or some crap like that. Even so, they've had clips of high-level Melee players showing their stuff, mentioning of the advanced techniques, and direct appearances by Smash veterans at the end.

TL;DR: They weren't perfect, but they certainly did their research.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778

Chester and Kage's announcement have just touched upon my 14-year-old Smash playing cousin...:sadeyes:

THANK YOU. :joyful:

`dazrin

Smash Champion
definitely feeeling the mad, bro.

even after alll the buffs- still gettin shine *****.

PMBR shoulda put sunglasses on all the characters instead

edit:
inb4zeldadiddyrape

jalued

Smash Lord
Already fixed ^_~
Could you not just make it into light armor (like bowsers crawl)? Seems a bit harsh to remove it completely as it was already in the game. I mean, the backroom have said that there will be no buffs/nerfs to characters in the patch... so removing it completely seems a bit contradictory. Maybe make the timing stricter to compensate it still having light armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom