• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kati

Smash Lord
No, not really, but that is a rather humorous idea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97l5UyeJMO4

I'm afraid I have to ask... how does one "jump out of [DK's] Dash Attack when he's off-stage." I still find it useful to roll off the stage, but I can only jump when the attack has finished.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It wasn't a joke, it was in the game for a while before were able to give characters wavedash-specific animations.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Luigi's only special fall landing animation from brawl is the one from up-b... so he was actually sliding around on his head in early PM wavedashing...

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
It was also agreed that we would do NTSC Falco, so there will never be a PAL D-air on him. It heavily changes how he plays. As for most aerial brawl moves... F-air is a terrible move and serves about the same purposes as N-air, but worse. I could "maybe" see Brawl N-air as an F-air instead, but appart from that, it would just take away from the Falco we all loved in melee.

The problem is that brawl Falco's moves lack distinctive uses. They are used for pretty much the same things, while in Melee, N-air is a huge part of his gameplay. F-air is not the most useful move in Falco's arsenal, but can be used against someone who is nearly out of reach or if you desire a lower knockback. Back air is similar in Braw and Melee, but Melee,s is just much more potent.

Pal D-air at least to me, is an attrocity. I played Falco for a long time, and the lingering spike is part of his combo game. I hope this answers why we considered decloning him but decided not to at one point.

P.S.: We're also balancing around melee top tiers, and we promised to keep top tiers to their former glory except for Shiek's Down throw and infinites.
replying to this late, but thanks this answered my questions. i could get behind falco's melee fair being traded for brawl's nair, makes sense to me

still disagree about the dair, but what can you say? everyone has different opinions *shrugs*

:phone:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm not going to dignify such a ******** question with a response.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Also a fan of DK's original wavedash. Y'all remember the landing animation DK has when he lands out of UpB in Brawl....

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
His Up B special fall caused him to flop on his back, much like how Mario's Up B makes him bounce off of his butt in Brawl. It made a loud smack sound so his wavedashing was probably hilariously obnoxious.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
His Up B special fall caused him to flop on his back, much like how Mario's Up B makes him bounce off of his butt in Brawl. It made a loud smack sound so his wavedashing was probably hilariously obnoxious.
I only knew about Luigi, this is probably the first time I hear about the other ones.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I only knew about Luigi, this is probably the first time I hear about the other ones.
Brawl seemed to indulge in aesthetic choices that made landing from certain recovery specials really stupid.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
why does Ike's grounded up B do 25-27%? -.-

Also, what causes Sonic to desync? Is it fixable? :/

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
hey i have been meaning to ask, what is the frame data on zelda's grab? i hope its not the stupid "its like she should have a tether grab" frame data

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
People were having some preliminary discussions in this thread, and I posted some of my thoughts in a blog on AIB, which I'll just copy and paste so I don't have to retype it...

[collapse=post 1]Here's an idea of a starter stage list:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Island Brawl*
Dreamland 64*
Yoshi's Story*
Green Hill Zone*
WarioWare*
Metal Cavern*

The ones with a *, pick some of them so you have a starter list of 9, and make the rest of them counterpicks.

CPs:
^Everything not used above^
Dracula's Castle
Pokemon Stadium 1
Halberd
Kongo Jungle 64
Lylat
Rumble Falls+*
Skyworld*
Delfino*

The *s here mean that you can decide whether they're CPs or banned.

I just did this from memory so I might have missed a couple, but this is basically what people have been discussing so far. [/collapse]
[collapse=post 2]In my personal opinion:

FD
BF
SV
PS2
FOD
YS
DL64
YI:B
WW

I think I got this right... I could see GHZ being a starter, but I'm not sure what to replace.

Metal Caven should probably be a CP due to the uneven terrain, same reason why Temple:M is a CP (forgot to list it before). PS1 and Halberd are givens, and Lylat since it hasn't changed from Brawl. Dracula's Castle is a solid CP too. KJ64 probably stays just because I don't see a reason to ban it. Rubmle Falls+ is iffy, it should definitely be legal in teams, but in singles it's up in the air since it's a bit big (but not too big). Speaking of too big, SSE Jungle should NEVER be legal in singles, ever. Even in doubles it's questionable, but it should never be used outside of doubles. Skyworld is kind of alright but it has that really weird bottom; this might just be my personal bias against the stage though, I'm not sure. Delfino has a little glitch with a couple characters in the water because of landing detection codes; also, that stage and Castle Seige are more dangerous now because of the walkoff parts and the ease with which you can combo something into a KO off the side. [/collapse]

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I'd like to see it again now that the demo is out and I could properly form an opinion on it.

Then again, I don't like the idea that you can't pick WarioWare if you already played Yoshi's Story, or something like that.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
iono, i wanna actually try it out and see how effective it is. i'll go as far as to say that it could be the foundation of a standardized ruleset. just need to play on it, see whats good, and whats bad, modify it some, and go from there.

it was a good concept though, imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom